TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Does anyone know what sort of harvester the one in the harvester truck is meant to represent? Or does it not look like any real-world harvester style at all? (the stickers feature ears of corn so maybe its a corn harvester)

I think it is supposed to be a forage harvester to make silage. (Like a Claas Jaguar)

Edited by Sinthoras

2 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

I think it is supposed to be a forage harvester to make silage. (Like a Claas Jaguar)

Certainly looks like one : 

275015.jpg

They also released the "most powerful forage harvester" in September 2018, the Krone Big X 1180, shown in a corn field in the video. (Spinning grey blades at 1:36 in the video)

I guess if people wanted a LEGO tractor to go along with it, the 2018 Forest Tractor is a good starting point for a similar set still on shelves. with some modifications, can easily turn into a Farm tractor.

Edited by TeriXeri

Those big rocket modules certainly improve the playability and connectivity to like the Space Station set to make a larger Space Station / Space Ship.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just saw this review and the set looks fantastic ! 

Really well done and so many good features , for sure this is really wort a 100 dollars on a set . 

Applause to LEGO to step up this summer , can’t wait to see the upcoming sets 

It took till mid day for the space sets to actually turn to Available on S@H in the USA, but they finally are. Excited to get my hands on them. 

So US gets their space sets, and Europe still has no set 40344 - Summer Celebration minifig pack. :sadnew:

I do still hope that set comes to Europe soon.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/20/2018 at 4:26 PM, TheArturro said:

I've heard multiple rumours of new Fire and Police line-up coming this winter. Also a space sub-theme is long overdue to update.

I believe we could also see 1 or 2 new City boats/ships.

Sky Police was stupid and pointless - thus why it didn't sell well. Otherwise the 2019 wave was good. 

Edited by pooda

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

So US gets their space sets, and Europe still has no set 40344 - Summer Celebration minifig pack. :sadnew:

I do still hope that set comes to Europe soon.

LEGO has been acting weird recently, honestly my city has a LEGO store and a legoland, legoland has all the July wave on shelves and half the new city sets on the store, but whenever official LEGO store got their space sets yesterday’s, they only got half of the space theme and no city, but yet legoland had the other missing sets, even LEGO corporate employees don’t know what’s going on with them anymore, speaking to the store manager doesn’t help either since LEGO controls their shipments

15 minutes ago, eldiano said:

LEGO has been acting weird recently, honestly my city has a LEGO store and a legoland, legoland has all the July wave on shelves and half the new city sets on the store, but whenever official LEGO store got their space sets yesterday’s, they only got half of the space theme and no city, but yet legoland had the other missing sets, even LEGO corporate employees don’t know what’s going on with them anymore, speaking to the store manager doesn’t help either since LEGO controls their shipments

The weird thing about this particular case of 40344, is that it isn't on the european websites at all, meanwhile at least for US the 40345 (4 space figures with green geodes and desk) are listed as Coming Soon.

Right now I am dependant on the website for some sets, as the closest LEGO stores are in other countries (and no guarantee for it to even be in a physical store if it's not on the website)

In the end, I am not too worried as City sets tend to generally stay for at least 1.5 years, it's just confusing.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, pooda said:

Sky Police was stupid and pointless - this why it didn't sell well. Otherwise the 2019 wave was good. 

Claiming it didn't sell well at this point is a bit premature, isn't it? I mean, the biggest months of the year for toy sales are still a ways off.

Also, why are you quoting a rumor post from nearly a year ago?

8 hours ago, pooda said:

Sky Police was stupid and pointless - this why it didn't sell well. Otherwise the 2019 wave was good. 

No surprise it doesn't sell well with two other police themes on the shelves. I don't think it is a bad theme though.

3 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

No surprise it doesn't sell well with two other police themes on the shelves. I don't think it is a bad theme though.

Tbh, it didn't really....well....make sense. I mean, we already had police helicopters for the other police sets. This was simply done for fan service.

But if they absolutely had to do it..and trust me, I actually thought they were gonna do this... but remember Space Police? Yeah! That's what they should've done. Instead of messing with City, get an entire different team all together to handle those. Along with it's own theme because that one definitely sounded like it should've been standalone with no hint of it taking place in the City universe. Make it take place in the distant future. 

But I want your opinion on something else. What do you think about overlapping subthemes?

Edited by pooda

The LEGO July calendar is out, it has a free space satellite poly bag for purchases over 40usd, funny thing is it can be found at target!?

37 minutes ago, eldiano said:

The LEGO July calendar is out, it has a free space satellite poly bag for purchases over 40usd, funny thing is it can be found at target!?

I would've assumed that the Lego stores would be a sensible place to find that. 

9 hours ago, pooda said:

It is in the UK. I picked up a few space sets at the Cardiff LEGO shop and had a free satellite set. It is super, reminds me of a childhood favourite:

6458-1.jpg

45 minutes ago, pooda said:

@Peppermint_M That's one of the old ones though. 

Yes, that is the Childhood favourite it reminds me of :sweet: Everyone had different childhoods right? :grin:

19 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yes, that is the Childhood favourite it reminds me of :sweet: Everyone had different childhoods right? :grin:

Actually, those were a huge part of my childhood too. I actually owned the launch pad that was in Lego Island 2. 

Now long review short, the explorers themes don't really bother me like they used to. This year's space wave is ok. But I think I like the previous launch pads better. More simplicity. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I think this is a space set that I'm going to have to get used to. Personally, I like the 2015 launch pad better. Though I think there is space in my town for this. 

Edited by pooda

16 hours ago, pooda said:

It was a Target Exclusive polybag stateside, which is kind of funny usually target polybags are super hard to get, but I managed to get four for my upcoming space fleet!  Like the review says I wish they done the lunar space station differently, for it to be more modular! 

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

It was a Target Exclusive polybag stateside, which is kind of funny usually target polybags are super hard to get, but I managed to get four for my upcoming space fleet!  Like the review says I wish they done the lunar space station differently, for it to be more modular! 

The space wave for this year is ok. I'd probably use the main base and rocket assembly for my town.