TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

30 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

This set really feels like a further improvement on an official alternate build for set 31066 Creator 3-in-1 from 2017. :thumbup:

Printed canopies are always an improvement (though it'd be even better if it were Trans-Yellow or something other than Trans-Black). :classic:

Interesting that all of the new City space sets have disappeared from the Lego Shop except for the little minifigure set.  I had them on my wish list to keep track of them but they vanished a couple of days ago.

20 hours ago, Tim_AZ said:

Interesting that all of the new City space sets have disappeared from the Lego Shop except for the little minifigure set.  I had them on my wish list to keep track of them but they vanished a couple of days ago.

Of course they sold out! This is the best space range since 1980something. 

17 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

Of course they sold out! This is the best space range since 1980something. 

They aren't even for sale yet, they just vanished from the US LEGO store website, from the only sets still on there, the 4-space minifigs show June 1st, the other sets August 1st.

Edited by TeriXeri

60203 Ski Ressort - 80 Euros (in Germany)

(source: brickset + brickmerge)

I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of this set!

For 80 Euros a small ski hut, a little snowy mountain and a simple ski lift could be included, don't you think?

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

They aren't even for sale yet, they just vanished from the US LEGO store website, from the only sets still on there, the 4-space minifigs show June 1st, the other sets August 1st.

Maybe they were erroneously listed early. 

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

For 80 Euros a small ski hut, a little snowy mountain and a simple ski lift could be included, don't you think?

It has more than that.

A ski resort.......and out of left field Lego does it again to confuse us all. Only the rescue copter from last year is the thing related to skiing well maybe the snow plow truck but yeah might be worth it.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

It has more than that.

Thank you very much for this info, dimaks13! :classic:

Do you already know its release date and what else there'll be included? It would be nice to know.

35 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

A ski resort.......and out of left field Lego does it again to confuse us all. Only the rescue copter from last year is the thing related to skiing well maybe the snow plow truck but yeah might be worth it.

Well, I have to agree with you, lightningtiger, that the set appears completely surprisingly. I would much more have thought about a circus or a zoo or an amusement park set to go with the Fun at the Fair people pack.

Nevertheless I bet that this set will be great: You mentioned last year's rescue copter and this year's snow plow to go with it - plus for sure it will fit in our Winter Villages (if you placed the WV nowadays and used other City sets inside it, too).

2 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

2017 Friends had a skiing theme (which released in August)

41323-1.jpg?20170519083741324-1.jpg?20170519083741322-1.jpg?201705190837

Also there was a Creator 3-in-1 small snow cabin with ski/snowboard in 2018.

31080-1.jpg?201712110858

Creator, Friends and City have all sorts of overlap on subthemes as of recent years, like we see now with Amusement Parks and Beach sets.

I don't think it's coincidence for overlap from a business standpoint, like we see this summer with the 2 bigger (€80/85) Creator (Townhouse+Cafe), and City Donut shop sets being Coffee related.

Similar can be said for overlap with this year Creator Expert Lunar Lander and City Space sets. (which also relates to the 50th year of the first moon landing)

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Do you already know its release date and what else there'll be included? It would be nice to know.

August release, has three vehicles and a bunch of different non-moving builds. Won't specify, sorry.

Edited by dimaks13

17 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

August release, has three vehicles and a bunch of different non-moving builds. Won't specify, sorry.

Thank you very much for the information, dimaks13! :classic:

It's ok that you don't specify. But can you please tell us whether the set will be a stand-alone or whether there'll be a whole ski theme with several sets placed around this one?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

It's ok that you don't specify. But can you tell us whether the set will be a stand-alone or whether there'll be a whole ski theme with several sets placed around this one?

I'd say a one-off, but you never know. :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks, @dimaks13! :classic:

I could well imagine the three vehicles being a snowmobile, a landrover (loaded with skis and snowboards) and maybe a helicopter (although I would have no idea what it shall inside the set, but it seems that a lot of the bigger sets "need" to include small copters).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

3 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I could well imagine the three vehicles being a snowmobile, a landrover (loaded with skis and snowboards) and maybe a helicopter (although I would have no idea what it shall inside the set, but it seems that a lot of the bigger sets "need" to include small copters).

Well... :laugh:

:wink:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:21 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the pics! :classic:

Here my thoughts on the Space subtheme:

Satellite Maintenance Polybag :thumbup:

Con:

none

Pro:

+ perfect price ratio performance

+ nice minifigure

+ looking very realistic

+ satellite has the perfect size and is very detailed, too

Lunar Station :wub:

Con:

- shuttle is too small and that it docks with its end to the station is completely unrealistic (it would have been better to instead include the things below)

- no air lock towards the outside

- no orange crane (like shown in the prelim)

- more solar panels would have been desirable

Pro:

+ good price ratio performance

+ some solar panels

+ good minifigure selection

+ three rooms

+ looking very realistic (apart from the shuttle)

+ much and very detailed interior inside the rooms

I'm not interersted in the other Space sets - they look too futuristic too me, the rollercoaster rails in the space port are absurd and the lab in the exclusive set is nice, but much too open without any sidewalls. :sceptic:

I knew you would complain about the rollercoaster rails you are a very boring person with no sense of imagination

learn to be a true lego fan for once

Thanks for the info, @dimaks13!

So being no mountain in this set, there for sure won't be a ski lift included. That's a pity. But I bet that there'll be a lot of other nice stuff included. A ski hotel oder a winter sports shop would be great. And an Aprés-Ski-party or a small mountain hut would be quite nice, too. I could well imagine TLG throwing in some rescue stuff, too - maybe a very small rescue copter with hinge and / or a small rescue HQ. Well, I fear we have to be patient for one more month to see the first pictures appearing.

13 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

60203 Ski Ressort - 80 Euros (in Germany)

(source: brickset + brickmerge)

I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of this set!

8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:
10 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I kinda wish such a set had a fairly comprehensive Ski Lodge build, similar to what Playmobil had offered a little while ago:

http://media.playmobil.com/i/playmobil/9280_product_detail/Ski Lodge

37 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I kinda wish such a set had a fairly comprehensive Ski Lodge build, similar to what Playmobil had offered a little while ago:

I hope your right, but seeing how it's City themed and not Creator, having a civilian building as main build is more of an exception then rule. 

Of course I could be wrong, because 2019 already had the snow groomer and the 2018 Ambulance Rescue Helicopter is still for sale.

If anything I expect any possibility of : (pure speculation, partly based off the 2017 (Summer) Friends Snow Resort line  https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Friends/subtheme-Snow-Resort and the 2018 Creator 3-in-1 Winter Vacation sets)

• Lodge/Log Cabin
  • Small Ski-lift
  • Slalom Area , small side builds with red/blue flags, not an actual slope.
  • Snow Mobile
  • Snacks or Ski/Snowboard stall
  • Orange-ish border barriers
  • Small Snow ramp (a few sloped bricks) or Halfpipe (maybe another reference to the Xtreme, see snow groomer stickers/minifig with X on torso)
  • Tree/rock sidebuild
  • Family car
  • Small snowplow with worker minifig + tools.
Edited by TeriXeri