TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Launch Command just wouldn't be Launch Command without the Roller Coaster! 

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

People Pack Space People is actually a 2nd people pack in 1 year, very interesting development and cool parts included.

Especially since this is also the first people pack actually focused on mostly jobs. (outside of the Education line)

A People pack within a City Jobs Subtheme is just way more interesting compared to like buying duplicate City Mining Starter sets.

You know, I'd hope to see a Film Studio-themed people pack like that from City in the near future. :shrug_oh_well:

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, I'd hope to see a Film Studio-themed people pack like that from City in the near future. :shrug_oh_well:

A Film Studio people pack would be amazing a director, actors, camera-man, studio crew, and they could even throw in a costume figure or two and for once have it make sense. They could introduce or reuse so many neat parts as small props. This reminds me of a Lego Ideas modular film studio I seem a while ago, wish they would do something film studio themed again. 

I like the Space stuff, some great parts there although some of the designs (like the big SLS rocket) aren't particularly grabbing me.

Love the space people back - that was unexpected and it is a nice touch.  The sets are a little “kiddy” but that’s the target group, so I can’t fault TLG for that - the fun will be buying the sets and ripping them for parts for some more adult space builds.  I am hoping the console and launch centre displays are printed, not stickers but I won’t hold my breath for that.

And yes, the SLS looks proportionally off - like most if not all TLC fictional rocket sets. I just want my hands on the parts...

1 hour ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I am hoping the console and launch centre displays are printed, not stickers but I won’t hold my breath for that.

The Display is actually done by putting a mobile Phone in there, its on the box, to the right of the set number.

32727466037_f8e5d8bbba.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

The Display is actually done by putting a mobile Phone in there, its on the box, to the right of the set number.

I expect that like previous sets in the Friends theme that have had space for mobile phones, there is a separate display that you either replace with the phone or that the phone rests in front of. That said, as a graphic in the City theme that only appears in that one set, a set which seems to include stickered details elsewhere, I would be willing to bet that the included display is stickered.

Thinking about stickered displays in Space sets always has a way of making me feel nostalgic for the hologram stickers in the Exploriens sets… I would love if LEGO would do that again in the future.

LEGO has had holographic stickers in more recent sets (including this year's 41366 Olivia's Cupcake Cafe from LEGO Friends), but I think Exploriens was the last time they used holography to capture the actual 3D image of a physical LEGO character. Subsequent holographic effects in themes like Space Port, Harry Potter, Mars Mission, and the LEGO Friends Amusement Park sets have mostly stuck to capturing multiple layers of 2D graphics.

In this era of being able to digitally render characters in three dimensions, you'd think the practical costs and difficulties associated with physically constructing a scene to record as a hologram would be negligible, but it may be that there are other costs associated with holographic images separate from the manufacturing costs that I'm not aware of.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I expect that like previous sets in the Friends theme that have had space for mobile phones, there is a separate display that you either replace with the phone or that the phone rests in front of. That said, as a graphic in the City theme that only appears in that one set, a set which seems to include stickered details elsewhere, I would be willing to bet that the included display is stickered.

True, it's still possible that there's a big sticker as a "default" screen like the Friends drive-in.

I was mainly getting at that they do advertise the option of sliding in the phone.

And possibly some app or extension of the existing powered-up app that adds some animation and sound options .

Edited by TeriXeri

People pack pics are out

It does have a new bun hairpiece and a new duck mold

The tiger face print is pretty neat

Other than that, I find it kind of meh...

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

People pack pics are out

It does have a new bun hairpiece and a new duck mold

The tiger face print is pretty neat

Other than that, I find it kind of meh...

Wow, so we ARE getting two people packs? Neat!

I LOVE the little propeller that turns the little boy's standard hat into a propeller beanie!

The family on the lower left also seems, surprisingly, like they might be coded as ethnically African, what with the tight curls each of their hairpieces have. Obviously yellow-skinned minifigures are ostensibly meant to be racially neutral, and we've had certain yellow-skinned minifigures that have African features like "Afro" hairstyles before, but it's nice to see a whole family of figs that have these features despite not corresponding to a particular cultural role that necessitates those features.

The Ice cream bike? also seems neat. I think it's the standard bike body but used in a new way, with the front wheel left off and an ice cream cart attached to the front instead.

1 minute ago, Lyichir said:

The family on the lower left also seems, surprisingly, like they might be coded as ethnically African, what with the tight curls each of their hairpieces have. Obviously yellow-skinned minifigures are ostensibly meant to be racially neutral, and we've had certain yellow-skinned minifigures that have African features like "Afro" hairstyles before, but it's nice to see a whole family of figs that have these features despite not corresponding to a particular cultural role that necessitates those features.

Yeah I thought of that as well, because those hairpiece are mostly used for black characters, like Falcon or Black Phanter 

They are totally supposed to be african america! 

The afro hairpiece is really neat

People pack is pretty cool.

Ice Cream bike is nice, and we're also getting that same bike as a Coffee bike in the Donut Shop opening set.

Good use of colors overall in the set, and nice  accesoires and figures that are useful outside the Fairground theme.

Trans-Blue Balloon Animal, Trans-Blue Ice Lolly , Purple Teddy Bear seem to be unique recolors in this set so far.

Edited by TeriXeri

Brick and Bricks on Facebook has a heap of new set photos.

The donut shop set has the same propellor hat. I love the leather jacket torso print in the fun fair set.

The fire set has a new mug print, looks like a chibi marshmallow with a flame on it. The woman's hair in that set looks massive, almost like if it was untied, it would be long enough to touch the ground.

Edited by sunhuntin

The Fairground Poeple Pack is pretty boring, easy pass for me. The Donut shop is good, and I need more little shops for my village so it's a top priority purchase for me as long as it's priced reasonably. 

But wow, that Fire Chief vehicle - talk about a pleasant surprise! I don't know why they started naming random civilian characters, but that new firefighter chief minifig is extraordinarily distinctive. Which is great! I have a personal rule about making sure that no two firefighters have the same outfit, so 'Freya McCloud' fits the bill perfectly!

Maybe they should have included a couple of teenagers dating in the Fairground pack to get more of those medium legs. It would make the set 10 times better

Don't get me wrong I like the new fairground people set, but usually with the people packs we get a fair few new parts this one doesn't seem to be the case. 

11 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

Does anyone know why the new medium sized legs aren't used on many new sets?

My guess? Just because Lego has a new mold available doesn't mean they have enough of that new mold yet to be able to produce parts in anything nearing the capacity of their classic legs that they've been making for years. As such, the use of the mid-length legs is probably still being prioritized toward licensed characters for whom the age/height range is less negotiable, rather than filtering into themes like City where Lego can decide for themselves whether it's worth the added expense of making a given figure that height.

This is also why dual-molded arms and legs are still so much rarer than the classic ones. If a figure's design doesn't absolutely necessitate the use of them, then Lego still has to prioritize figures for whom the dual-molded varieties are more impactful and necessary.

The 4+ Garage feels like a throwback to set 6548 from 1997, not my type of set but must be great for the target audience :wink:

Fire Chief Truck fits right with the style of the 2019 Fire Station car, and nice Fire Chief figure for sure.

Donut Shop certainly is interesting as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Damn, there's a bit to go around in this particular set as far as new hairpiece recolors go! Not only is that new curly bun hairpiece pretty sweet, Superman's classic hairpiece has been recolored in DARK BROWN!!! :excited:

5 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

The woman's hair in that set looks massive, almost like if it was untied, it would be long enough to touch the ground.

It's TLBM Barbara Gordon's hairpiece! :wink:

A bit of an oof for me, I just order two hair pieces that aren't in many sets, and now I see them in the fairground. Also I like how we're seeing some parts that were used in CMF being used in these two upcoming people pack, and nice to see the Nya's leather jacket from TLNM again. That one kid hair is the only thing I don't like, I think this would've been a good chance to being the black pigtails from the Chinese New Years Set.

Speaking of hair, I'm amaze we see LBM Barbara's hair again in City and with the gold printing at that. Also that newly printed cup will make a fine addition to my collection.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount