TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

40 minutes ago, Legomister said:

The new space sets is cool 

i fount this on YouTube marcel video channel.

OMG! Robonaut on the upper right! I've been hoping to see Robonaut in a Lego City Space set ever since I met one of the copies of Robonaut-2 at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.!

1 hour ago, Legomister said:

The new space sets is cool 

i fount this on YouTube marcel video channel.

Which YouTube channel did you find it on?

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Which YouTube channel did you find it on?

Somewhat curious about that too

Is it just me or is there an alien head from one of the CMF's used as a balloon in the people pack? Also since pretty much all the space stuff is revealed the other city sets should be coming soon right? Neat how there will be 2 different people packs this summer like the idea just think they should of been spaced out. 

I absolutely LOVE that new geode piece :wub_drool: I hope it'll also show up in other themes :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

People Pack Space People is actually a 2nd people pack in 1 year, very interesting development and cool parts included.

Especially since this is also the first people pack actually focused on mostly jobs. (outside of the Education line)

A People pack within a City Jobs Subtheme is just way more interesting compared to like buying duplicate City Mining Starter sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Oh wow. The lunar base has a totally new airlock part! I thought the airlock would be just for show since the little cruiser obviously doesn't have any way for the minifig driving to get into the back, but with the airlock part it's actually possible for a different ship to dock at the base! It looks very useful. I wonder if any of the other sets in the line have a similar airlock to make that setup functional?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

11 hours ago, Lyichir said:

OMG! Robonaut on the upper right! I've been hoping to see Robonaut in a Lego City Space set ever since I met one of the copies of Robonaut-2 at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.!

Speaking of such, what sorta helmet is he wearing anyway? :shrug_confused:

P.S. Did you notice what looks like an embellished Light Blue Classic Spaceman in the left-hand upper background there? :wink:

46946113644_3c37bbef36_o.jpg

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The top looks like a white recolored Nexo Knight Helmet, however the shape of the visor opening/chinstrap is different

22380.png

And then it uses a golden head , which was already made this year for the fireman statue in another 2019 City set.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. Did you notice what looks like an embellished Light Blue Classic Spaceman in the left-hand upper background there? :wink:

46946113644_3c37bbef36_o.jpg

You mean the guy on the rock, holding a flag? I don't see anything Classic Space about him. 

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The top looks like a white recolored Nexo Knight Helmet, however the shape of the chinstrap is different

Exactly, yet at the same time, the helmet vaguely resembles the new "Classic Space" headgear introduced for TLM2 Space Squad pack. :def_shrug:

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You mean the guy on the rock, holding a flag? I don't see anything Classic Space about him. 

I'm pretty sure I see a straight-up Classic Space logo printed smack-dab on the center of his torso! :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly, yet at the same time, the helmet vaguely resembles the new "Classic Space" headgear introduced for TLM2 Space Squad pack. :def_shrug:

I'm pretty sure I see a straight-up Classic Space logo printed smack-dab on the center of his torso! :shrug_oh_well:

I do hope it's the latter. The rest of the set would be somewhat useless to me, and I'm not sure I can justify buying a People Pack for only one of the minifigures. 

Also, speaking of Neo/Classic Space, I'm trying to build my city a space program and really want that lunar station, but I'm trying to  stick to a Classic Space aesthetic (even if I'm about forty years too young to have been around for its heyday). So my initial thought is to strip the orange out of the colour scheme and replace it with blue, so that it at least conforms to a 'later' Classic Space design, with the white and blue instead of grey and blue. Thoughts?

Also, looking closer at the lunar station, it looks like it uses several of that new airlock part, which is awesome!

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, speaking of Neo/Classic Space, I'm trying to build my city a space program and really want that lunar station, but I'm trying to  stick to a Classic Space aesthetic (even if I'm about forty years too young to have been around for its heyday). So my initial thought is to strip the orange out of the colour scheme and replace it with blue, so that it at least conforms to a 'later' Classic Space design, with the white and blue instead of grey and blue. Thoughts?

Sure, that's roughly approximate to how I originally envisioned these sets early on, and hopefully how the next wave of City-based Space Exploration set will turn out four years from now! :thumbup: :wink:

This will be the first ever people pack I buy, I actually really like this one. 

Edit: Not to sure about those people running around laughing and joking with the alien head on a stick though.

Also looks like the launch tower is about to put an end to the astronauts fun roller coaster ride, on the other set. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Strangely feel the need to own all of these space sets, hearkens back to my childhood memories of the space race. People really should be living on the moon by now. I always wanted to be an astronaut when I was a little kid, big-time. 

I really like the people pack and was looking forward to the other sets in the series until I saw these images. I don't know, something about them doesn't look or feel right. Maybe it's the printed cockpits or the "inspired by NASA" stamped on each. The colors will take some getting used to but I think they'll work fine. The new minifigs look great.

The set designs seem...forced...I don't know. Like a combination of the Martian and stylizations of planned hardware (my stomach dropped after the rocket research base, aka SLS). Perhaps I spend too much time looking at these ideas at work so when they're transferred to bricks they look weird.