TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Ah, yep, I forgot about Toy Story and LM2 stuff. Kind thanks for the reminder, Robert8. I am just really disappointed, as disclosures in previous years were always very expansive, showing a good portion of early summer sets across most or all evergreen themes, as well as new themes. Those disclosures have become rather anemic, focusing primarily on new themes, with a little bit of currently released evergreen product to fill out the display. I never understood why product that is currently available at retail was on display, as the point of Toy Fair is to excite retailers for new product. Anyway, I shared my feelings about it, curious if anyone else was feeling the same.

And Aanchir is correct in her observation that last year's show began the current precedent towards a very scaled back disclosure of product. I think knockoff companies are at the heart of keeping things under wraps until much closer to official release times. I can't fault them for wanting to protect their properties, but I don't have to like it either. I guess it boils down to Toy Fair time used to be a lot of fun, both internationally and stateside, but recent years have seen the veil of secrecy drawn ever tighter in the European Toy Fairs, and getting ever closer to the same for New York. I have little doubt that NYTF public disclosure will similarly cease within the decade. It's kinda like losing Saturday morning cartoons- such a fun and memorable experience, now as extinct as the T-Rex. I hope I'm wrong, but reality seems to suggest otherwise.:sad:

On 2/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, M'Kyuun said:

...And Aanchir is correct in her observation that last year's show began the current precedent towards a very scaled back disclosure of product. I think knockoff companies are at the heart of keeping things under wraps until much closer to official release times. I can't fault them for wanting to protect their properties, but I don't have to like it either...

Yeah, looking at the next quarter line-up of a certain Chinese brick producer it does look like Lego gets more cautious with preliminary pictures for good reasons...

sluban.png

Still, if it's anything like the above example I would be quite happy :blush:

Edited by Brickviller V2

In turn, it's funny how much those sets (especially the base) resemble the upcoming Playmobil line that Digger of Bricks has linked to in previous pages of this thread.

Those sluban sets are probably original designs, given the long march rocket in there. Lego hasnt made any real world rocket (outside of several shuttle renditions, some more faithfull then others, and the one-off Saturn V, which is another story), i dont see why they would start by bringing a chinese rocket into things.

Sure there is overlap in the theme, but given that playmobil is also on the same theme, and space exploration is actually heating up again (china pulled of the first even dark side of the moon landing recently), i dont see this as blindly following lego. Also, IIRC, the set types and part counts dont line up with the leaked lego line up

And finally, id be very happy if the lego sets turn out looking like this, the rocket base and long march would be right up my alley, but somehow im sure lego will find a way to make yet another space theme sort of disappointing, with waaaay too much reliance on re-hashed shuttles

On 2/21/2019 at 6:47 AM, icm said:

In turn, it's funny how much those sets (especially the base) resemble the upcoming Playmobil line that Digger of Bricks has linked to in previous pages of this thread.

An official Lunar/Martian base akin to both those examples would be great to see from Lego's own subtheme. :thumbup:

One set I’d like to see again is a new mail van. The only mail van we’ve had was the one from 2008. A lot of fans on here talk about a farm sub theme being overdue in which it really is, don’t get me wrong I’d like to see new farm sets too. But a mail van would make a great vehicle (pun intended) for the 2020 great vehicle series. The one from 2008 was 4 studs wide and was kind of small. If lego if produces a new one perhaps it could be 6 studs wide? I think that would be really nice. If was a similar scale to the Pizza Van ser from 2017 I think it would make a great set. 

45 minutes ago, Legocityfan1998 said:

One set I’d like to see again is a new mail van. 

Lego Xtra has a new sticker pack with a few Mail/Cargo related stickers.

Now I don't know how much effect it will have on actual set releases as the stickers could be used for both vehicles and buildings.

Edited by TeriXeri

41 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Lego Xtra has a new sticker pack with a few Mail/Cargo related stickers.

Now I don't know how much effect it will have on actual set releases as the stickers could be used for both vehicles and buildings.

Where can I find this sticker pack at?

Just now, Legocityfan1998 said:

Where can I find this sticker pack at?

LEGO Xtra set nr 853921 €5,99 / $5,99 , releases 1 march at Shop@Home / LEGO Stores.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

LEGO Xtra set nr 853921 €5,99 / $5,99 , releases 1 march at Shop@Home / LEGO Stores.

Glasgow store already has these for sale, so worth looking out for it in others.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, Aanchir said:

That looks brilliant!

Haven't seen mention of it anywhere here on Eurobricks, but Promobricks has shared pics of a new Xtra sticker set with a lot of neat stickers for signs, posters, etc… including lots of City, classic Town, and even Paradisa references! https://www.promobricks.de/lego-853921-xtra-brick-stickers-offizielle-bilder/75976

Yes, here is the post about the stickers. Very good set, will certainly be buying it.

I was surprised, however, to see it only includes one Octan logo. I mean Octan, they do a lot of things!

octanfleet01.jpg

Edited by Bornin1980something

On 2/21/2019 at 4:56 AM, Brickviller V2 said:

Yeah, looking at the next quarter line-up of a certain Chinese brick producer it does look like Lego gets more cautious with preliminary pictures for good reasons...

sluban.png

Still, if it's anything like the above example I would be quite happy :blush:

That "Rocket Base" look like the MAV from The Martian. Agree - would be quite happy if the Lego set is along similar lines.

The new Mars sets look very good i must say. Although, the main rocket looks weird.

5 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

The new Mars sets look very good i must say. Although, the main rocket looks weird.

Where have you seen them?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Where have you seen them?

Can't comment on that.

There are 2 types of box arts for the Mars sets, One featuring a guy with open visor- (60228)

Rest of the sets have a figure with closed yellow visor.

Edited by Vonsek

1 hour ago, Vonsek said:

The new Mars sets look very good i must say.

What sort of colour scheme are the sets?

Just now, Hewman said:

What sort of colour scheme are the sets?

Well, all the sets are primarily white with some hints of orange tubes, and blue windows on the moon base station thingy.

The big rocket's tank is brown.

Just now, Vonsek said:

Well, all the sets are primarily white with some hints of orange tubes, and blue windows on the moon base station thingy.

Blue windows? Are they Trans-Dark Blue or Trans-Light Blue? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Blue windows? Are they Trans-Dark Blue or Trans-Light Blue? :shrug_confused:

Light Blue.

This color:

Bildresultat för lego windscreen blue

Just now, Vonsek said:

Light Blue.

Ah, that's what I figured. Is that color shared by any of the subtheme's spacecraft, or is there a different transparent color used for their windows?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, that's what I figured. Is that color shared by any of the subtheme's spacecraft, or is there a different transparent color used for their windows?

The Vehicles have trans black windows.

60226 Has a printed one, not sure if see through.

60228 Is printed aswell or sticker. 

Rest use ordinary pieces.