TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

On 12/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Why can't TLG simply give us a Police subtheme that really exists and hasn't been done before (winter police) or at least not for a longer time (special forces, water / harbor police)?! 

A harbour/dockside police subtheme makes a lot more sense in my eyes; not to mention that, yes, it hasn't been done before as far as police subthemes go.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:28 AM, Echo said:

I think there was a missed opportunity with the Sky Police to go full futuristic. Call it City 2050 or something and just embrace the wackiness. What we got doesn't go far enough. It's too nonsensical to represent modern real life, but it isn't interesting enough to look at nor innovative enough to make for good near-future sets either. 

Well, in the past, I'd always longed for a futuristic counterpart to the City theme; but these days now, I'd much rather hope for one that harkens back to various decades of the twentieth century. :purrr:

On 12/15/2018 at 11:58 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Could it be that the 2019 people pack will be Fun At The Fair?

All theorizing aside, that's simply an idea that just makes a whole of sense come to think of it! :thumbup: :classic:

On 12/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, TeriXeri said:

Spaceport was 2011, 2015, a 4 year cycle could make 2019 viable. (and LEGO movie 2 being space oriented as well)

If so, it better take place on the moon this time around. :smug:

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A harbour/dockside police subtheme makes a lot more sense in my eyes; not to mention that, yes, it hasn't been done before as far as police subthemes go.

Prison Island Police wave had 3 sets with police boats in them in 2016, and a base/prison on the waterside with the Prison Island itself.

Other then that 2016 subtheme however, in recent City years there have not been many large Police Boat sets (2006, 2011),

Smaller and medium boats of various types (hovercraft, airboat, inflatable) have come with Forest, Swamp, and Mountain Police.

But it's true that there's only been 1 true Town/City-Style Police Station on the dockside as far back as 1991 Pier Police,

6540-1.png

1996  Metro PD Station had a boat and a suggestion of a prison cell that could be seperated as an island with a shark even, but didn't have the dock elements that were used in the then Town Harbor theme.

6598-1.png

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If so, it better take place on the moon this time around. :smug:

A moonbase subtheme would be awesome, Volcano and Arctic have been heavily stylized ,and really LEGO doesn't have to be real-world realistic either.

Something other then a Space Shuttle launch would be refreshing. 

Ideas currently has 2 SpaceX sets and a microscale International Space Station set in Review, so I wonder how those will influence things.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Prison Island Police wave had 3 sets with police boats in them in 2016, and a base/prison on the waterside with the Prison Island itself.

Other then that 2016 subtheme however, in recent City years there have not been many large Police Boat sets (2006, 2011),

Smaller and medium boats of various types (hovercraft, airboat, inflatable) have come with Forest, Swamp, and Mountain Police.

But it's true that there's only been 1 true Town/City-Style Police Station on the dockside as far back as 1991 Pier Police,

Well, I guess I was more thinking of a subtheme centered around law enforcement of nautical trade and commerce in particular, if you know what I mean. :classic:

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

A moonbase subtheme would be awesome, Volcano and Arctic have been heavily stylized ,and really LEGO doesn't have to be real-world realistic either.

Something other then a Space Shuttle launch would be refreshing. 

I typically think of those subthemes you mention as being based upon scientific concepts within near reach, thereby justifying their inclusion within the City theme, and a Lunar Expedition subtheme is no exception. :shrug_oh_well:

On 12/18/2018 at 4:25 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I typically think of those subthemes you mention as being based upon scientific concepts within near reach, thereby justifying their inclusion within the City theme, and a Lunar Expedition subtheme is no exception. :shrug_oh_well:

Not only that, but LEGO City Undercover touched upon the concept a bit so it certainly fits in quite well

Edited by jhuyser

Just now, jhuyser said:

Not only that, but LCU touched upon the concept a bit so it certainly fits in quite well

LCU? By that do you mean WB's "LEGO Cinematic Universe" or the LEGO City Undercover videogame? :shrug_confused:

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

LCU? By that do you mean WB's "LEGO Cinematic Universe" or the LEGO City Undercover videogame? :shrug_confused:

Must have just been editing the post as you were writing that, oops

Just now, jhuyser said:

Must have just been editing the post as you were writing that, oops

Ah, I see! So, how did that game touch upon that concept? :classic:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, I see! So, how did that game touch upon that concept? :classic:

Blackwell's moonbase, which had moon buggys and such. Fit pretty well into the LEGO city world. Here's some footage of it, warning though there's spoilers as it's the final part of the game:

12 minutes ago, jhuyser said:

Blackwell's moonbase, which had moon buggys and such. Fit pretty well into the LEGO city world. Here's some footage of it, warning though there's spoilers as it's the final part of the game:

Skipping around the video but is that a moon base green house? If so that would be amazing as a set something I personally really like the idea of, also some of the other parts of the base looks sweet hope next space sub-theme is more moon based or even maybe Mars based rather then just a bunch of shuttles. Speaking of Mars given the push to land man on Mars maybe either next space sub-theme or the one after it could be based on Mars? 

4 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Speaking of Mars given the push to land man on Mars maybe either next space sub-theme or the one after it could be based on Mars? 

For the City theme at least, that's how I'd hope it'd play out. Make the next Space subtheme a Lunar Exploration subtheme, then take the next one to Mars four years later. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I just noticed something - the big plane in the Sky Police station doesn't have propellers.  Seriously.  Its engines are clearly styled like prop engines, perhaps turboprops or radials, but definitely not turbojets or turbofans.  But they didn't just blur out the propellers in the box art, they forgot. the. propellers. 

???

I realize that many design decisions that seem strange from an adult consumer standpoint make sense when play testing with children and production constraints are considered, but who let that one through?

Hi!

I think 60222 Snow Groomer needs some modding:

The roof comes off too easy and that snow cannon is totally unnecessary.

For me it looks better with a small crane arm:

45683720424_7b38a97755_z.jpg

Cheers,

Cornelwine

60224 - mission for satellite maintenance - 84 pieces 

60225 - space exploration vehicle - 202 pieces

60226 - space shuttle - 273 pieces 

60227 - lunar space station - 412 pieces 

60228 - launch station - 837 pieces 

60229 - rocket transport - 1055 pieces 

60230 - spatial research and development - 209 pieces 

60231 - truck of fire brigade's boss - 201 pieces 

60232 - central garage - 234 pieces 

60233 - the opening of the donuts store - 790 pieces 

60234 - fairground minifig pack- 183 pieces 

60235 - advent calendar - 234 pieces

Wow, what a great list!  Do you know anything more about 60227?  Sounds like we may be getting a hint of the City-moonbase @Digger of Bricks has been wanting for so long!  And from the parts counts, I don't expect anything except maybe 60224 is a Juniors/4+ kit.

50 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

60231 - truck of fire brigade's boss - 201 pieces 

60232 - central garage - 234 pieces 

60233 - the opening of the donuts store - 790 pieces 

60235 - advent calendar - 234 pieces

Wow! Thanks for the list @Falconfan1414 Lots of interesting names on the list here, excited to see the fairground minifigure pack, sounds promising :wub: 

i wonder what on earth is 60233? Opening of the donut store :wacko:

I’m not into the space sets but can’t wait to see them, hopefully it will make lots of fans happy after a long wait. 

Like the sound of what we're getting with space sets, also the donut shop sounds like it could be interesting

(Fun at the)Faigrounds and Donuts Shop sets sound like where my interests will be. I'm glad fans of space are getting something. As an aside, this list is suspiciously devoid of a helicopter set.:head_back:

^ Maybe there's a TV news helicopter covering the opening of the new donut store ....

Two sets are in my scope, the 60231 & 60232. I am not quite into the Space theme, although my son is getting for Christmas 60079....

I really want to see the "Central Garage" looks rather small but let's see what it will look like. I will be giving shortly 4207 to my son too (January is his birthday) so the new one could be nice small set to the bigger brother :) which had "only" 913 parts....

About 60231, we had 60001, but that was a car, now it will be a truck, interesting.

BTW: have you noticed, no new Police sets...in 2H....

Aha, 60229 what do you think, land or air vehicle? Huge truck with huge trailer? Or, Antonov 225 style plane to transport rocket on top ( yes I know 747 did it too) 

Regards

Edited by AOW

Donut shop would be nice, 790 pieces is a fair bit if it doesn't include large vehicles.

1 hour ago, AOW said:

BTW: have you noticed, no new Police sets...in 2H....

2017 regular police sets aren't retiring yet, unlike the 2016 fire, so I think we get new regular police station/sets in 2020 again like the 3 year cycle they've been on.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So, not only will we be seeing a return to Space as many of us expected, but they're really taking that "giant leap" too... :thumbup: :oh3: 

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hey, looks like @Klaus-Dieter had it on mark! :thumbup: :grin:

9 hours ago, icm said:

Sounds like we may be getting a hint of the City-moonbase @Digger of Bricks has been wanting for so long! 

The question is, will that be for only one set or does it reflect the subtheme's overall setting? :shrug_confused:

9 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

i wonder what on earth is 60233? Opening of the donut store :wacko:

That set's name is lot more self-explainatory than 60230's (a.k.a. "spatial research and development"). :def_shrug:

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Oh my god this is really exciting! I've been hoping for LEGO to properly return into space and this looks like a proper collection of sets!

Do we know when in the year these are rumoured to be released?