TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Just now, sens1992 said:

None, was just trying to upload them on here (not sure if that is allowed).

I don't believe Eurobricks is able to host images anyway, as this is just merely a discussion forum. :def_shrug:

Just now, sens1992 said:

I can send you the photos in private if you want.

Through private messaging? Sure, if you can that is without an image hosting service.

I wonder what toy or department store in Ottawa ?

It should be safe to post if they are taken while the goods are on shelves, its the catalogues that are secretive ;)

14 hours ago, sens1992 said:

None, was just trying to upload them on here (not sure if that is allowed). I can send you the photos in private if you want.

Do not hesitate to send me a PM, thanks :grin:

Edited by Timoonn

2 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

I wonder what toy or department store in Ottawa ?

It should be safe to post if they are taken while the goods are on shelves, its the catalogues that are secretive ;)

Check your email Mr Lightningtiger.

Interesting.

how can a shop have the sets when we have nothing official from lego

6 minutes ago, SollX said:

Interesting.

how can a shop have the sets when we have nothing official from lego

It's not that unusual. It probably just means that some of the sets were probably meant for a December release in the United States and some stores jumped the gun. Particularly in themes like City with a minimal story component, it's rare to see much in the way of official teasers before each year's sets are officially released.

10 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

It's not that unusual. It probably just means that some of the sets were probably meant for a December release in the United States and some stores jumped the gun. Particularly in themes like City with a minimal story component, it's rare to see much in the way of official teasers before each year's sets are officially released.

Sounds logical. thanks

Police cars and fire engines have the new Light & Sound brick! Looks similar to the one in Duplo, just smaller. Nevertheless cool they bring back the name "Ligth & Sound" with flashing lights with sound! <3

https://brickset.com/parts/4548255/brick-1x4x1-blink-194-182

I posted the pictures on my IGaccount, thanks to @sens1992:

Edited by Chilis

Wow, interesting to see the Lion head bricks back in that large set - I don’t think they have been in production for years.

It will definitely feed speculation that they may appear in the next modular...

Edit: My bad, I see it appeared in a Nexo knight set last year - how did I miss that!?

I like the new fire axe, and also the neat water cannon too.

Edited by DeanLearner
Correction

The front end of that Harvester Transporter looks really neat. A breath of fresh air from City truck designs that have gotten a little samey, thanks to the abundance of newer tiles and bows with 45 degree angles.

Nice! But, I am disappointed to see sets in City Lin e which are purely from Juniors. 60222 & 60220 those should be in direct line of Juniors. I take hopeing to see a new garbage truck :( now this one is not what I expected. 

The rest so far are joy to my eyes :)

I have just seen the new fire station, it reminds me of 7240 and I must say I do like it, small simple and has all what needs ;)

Edited by AOW

I'm actually surprised by how decent these are. The yacht is well made, and the 4+ garbage truck doesn't look too 'kiddy'. The standout for me, though, is the fire brigade set. The truck looks neat, that new hose part is intriguing, and the building, while a facade, looks quite neat. Also, seeing the city fire fighters take out an actual city fire for once brings tears to my eyes :cry_happy:.

Is that a fire fighter drone I see in the fire station set? Nice. 

Overall, none of these are particularly urgent must-buys in my eyes, but they're good all the same. 

Most of these look great. I really love the harvester transporter and the desert rally car looks a decent small set too.

I'm a bit disappointed with that garbage truck trough. It looks as if LEGO might have ditched the Juniors brand and are instead releasing these junior sets, branded as part of the standard LEGO themes instead.

Here's my take on them:

60212: I dislike that Lego is packing the juniors and normal themes together now, it gives people less options to choose from if they don't like simple builds

60213: Looks okay, but I won't get it. The boat looks a little kiddish as well

60216: The highlight of the whole theme this year, it has one of the most realistic fire trucks from Lego in recent years. I think the light and sound system is the downpoint, I think it shouldn't have made a return. The water shooters look interesting, I wonder if the big one shoots actual water or if it's just a piece. I'm hoping the price doesn't exceed $150 in Canadian dollars.

60218: A nice rally vehicle, but it doesn't stand out among the rest

60220: :sick:

60221: A nice boat, but it seems too small to be a yacht.

60222: The inclusion of a snow cannon makes no sense to me, but it's not a horrible set

60223: The second set of the bunch I would consider buying, the front end looks very unique, never seen something like that from Lego. The harvester looks a bit too small, but I don't mind that all that munch. Will get it if it's $40 or $45 Canadian.

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

It looks as if LEGO might have ditched the Juniors brand and are instead releasing these junior sets, branded as part of the standard LEGO themes instead.

Personally, I'm all for consolidation of playthemes under larger umbrella themes, but doing what they have to the Juniors theme for next year is most irksome to be honest. Much like Creator, the Juniors theme had no specific ties to any genre or subject matter, therefore making it a completely open book. Come around next year though, it will be downgraded to a mere designation. :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, CFOL said:

60212: I dislike that Lego is packing the juniors and normal themes together now, it gives people less options to choose from if they don't like simple builds

There aren't fewer options. Changing the words on the box from 'Juniors / 4+' to 'City / 4+' didn't do anything. The product mix for 2019 is still similar to that of 2018 in terms of the numbers of age-specific sets.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, I'm all for consolidation of playthemes under larger umbrella themes, but doing what they have to the Juniors theme for next year is most irksome to be honest. Much like Creator, the Juniors theme had no specific ties to any genre or subject matter, therefore making it a completely open book. Come around next year though, it will be downgraded to a mere designation. :hmpf_bad:

How is it a downgrade? They can still make whatever 'Juniors' sets they want, just that this time around they'll have the words '4+' on the box instead of 'Juniors'. It's no more or less specific than before.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Actually I think LEGO Juniors has been moving in this direction for the past couple of years now. Last year they released these sets which were branded as "Juniors" but are still considered part of LEGO City as they carry the City logo on their packaging.

Spoiler

237271025?$rsp-pdp-port-1080$Image result for lego 10764

There have also been several "Juniors" versions Friends, Ninjago, Jurassic World and many other themes. For next year it seems as if they've just dropped the Juniors branding and slapped a 4+ emblem on to the boxes instead.  

5 hours ago, GregoryBrick said:

How is it a downgrade? They can still make whatever 'Juniors' sets they want, just that this time around they'll have the words '4+' on the box instead of 'Juniors'. It's no more or less specific than before.

I agree with @Digger of Bricks. In past years we've had a Castle, a Pirate Island, a horse stable and many other varied subjects released under LEGO Juniors. Now that the 4+ sets have been fully integrated in to the bigger umbrella themes, it means they'll be limited to only producing sets based on current subjects being produced under those themes.

Oh my goodness I spy a realistic fire fighters axe......that's I'm buying every set in the fire range - I might sell off my older collections minus classic town ones as those new axes kick the 1970's ones in the butt.

The water canon appears to be pneumatic and it 'shoots' blue 'water tubes', which look to be of antenna thickness. Quite amazing due to possible eye injuries.

I do hope the handpump/bellows is properly integrated, i.e. that you do not have to take it out of the truck to squish it

[EDIT] Also looks as if the crane can tip over the lamppost which in turns hits a lever on the side of the building, which puts the entire place 'on fire' by popping up the flames.

Edited by JimDude