TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

4 hours ago, Night City Dream said:

I know. It sounds a bit unusual that he can’t wait to see new fire sets.

You never know, they might do exceptionally well this year!

11 hours ago, AlaPo said:

Any kind of prelims already anywhere?...

Leaks are bad, if Lego doesn’t like them then we shouldn’t be dishing them out.

5 hours ago, Night City Dream said:

I know. It sounds a bit unusual that he can’t wait to see new fire sets.

Why is it so weird?

Availability of sets fades after a while, and it's nice to see some fresh sets.

While the big police and fire stations usually are for sale in a lot of places, the smaller sets tend to disappear after a while, especially after 3 years.

Edited by TeriXeri

I don't know how many of y'all were following the themes where there was more discussion about this but a little while back there was a Korean site that somehow found some way to access part info and thumbnails for future sets (I think maybe via the database LEGO Customer Service uses for replacement parts?). Ninjago fans were discussing this a lot due to some of the new molds, prints, and recolors that could be linked with rumored sets for that theme. LEGO caught wind of those future listings and they have now been taken down, but it was a fun sneak peek for those who knew about them before that.

Anyhow, I didn't see too much City stuff that was particularly enlightening, but one thing I noticed that I am excited about is that it looks like next year we'll be getting firefighter suits in Sand Yellow (dark tan) with high-visibility stripes! I'm really excited about this because it's the type of firefighter suit I'm used to seeing in real life when local firefighters would do presentations about their jobs for kids, and so I've been wanting LEGO to make firefighter suits in this color for a long time. There also will be a new firefighter's axe that's less bulky than the one from the Lumberjack, but more detailed than the classic LEGO Town hand axe.

Random side note: does anybody else think it's kind of weird that there's never been a firefighter as a Minifigures blind-bag character? Like, there's been seven police-related figs and four construction-related figs (albeit with some of those representing specific characters from licensed themes), so it's not as though the Minifigures design team has been outright avoiding figs that overlap with subjects frequently covered by LEGO City. If we did get one at some point it would be a good opportunity for LEGO to introduce a more detailed fire helmet mold like they did with the hats that City police officers are now wearing.

Do we have any more info yet on the rumored Harvest Transporter that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago? Anyone know if this will indeed be a farm based set with a combined harvester or will it be something else not connected with farming stuff?

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I don't know how many of y'all were following the themes where there was more discussion about this but a little while back there was a Korean site that somehow found some way to access part info and thumbnails for future sets (I think maybe via the database LEGO Customer Service uses for replacement parts?). Ninjago fans were discussing this a lot due to some of the new molds, prints, and recolors that could be linked with rumored sets for that theme. LEGO caught wind of those future listings and they have now been taken down, but it was a fun sneak peek for those who knew about them before that.

Anyhow, I didn't see too much City stuff that was particularly enlightening, but one thing I noticed that I am excited about is that it looks like next year we'll be getting firefighter suits in Sand Yellow (dark tan) with high-visibility stripes! I'm really excited about this because it's the type of firefighter suit I'm used to seeing in real life when local firefighters would do presentations about their jobs for kids, and so I've been wanting LEGO to make firefighter suits in this color for a long time. There also will be a new firefighter's axe that's less bulky than the one from the Lumberjack, but more detailed than the classic LEGO Town hand axe.

Random side note: does anybody else think it's kind of weird that there's never been a firefighter as a Minifigures blind-bag character? Like, there's been seven police-related figs and four construction-related figs (albeit with some of those representing specific characters from licensed themes), so it's not as though the Minifigures design team has been outright avoiding figs that overlap with subjects frequently covered by LEGO City. If we did get one at some point it would be a good opportunity for LEGO to introduce a more detailed fire helmet mold like they did with the hats that City police officers are now wearing.

Sand-colored firefighter suits would be sweet. Also I'd love if LEGO finally releases European firefighter helmet. I think it could easily be incorporated with the existing American style one. Let's say the "euro" firefighters are like "technical rescue" ones or something. I'm a volunteer firefighter irl, I'm making MOCs of our firetrucks but really hate the lack of proper helmets or other equipment (jaws of life, modern stretchers, medical equipment, hooligan tool, one-tank breathing apparatus etc).

Really dying to see these new fire sets!

On 9/19/2018 at 9:35 AM, TheArturro said:

Sand-colored firefighter suits would be sweet. Also I'd love if LEGO finally releases European firefighter helmet. I think it could easily be incorporated with the existing American style one. 

The obvious way for Lego to address this would be through the Collectible Minifigure series. It's strange that we've had 19 series and no firefighter.

This would allow them to produce an American Firefighter, European Firefighter (euro-style helmet), and specialty firefighters like Hazmat units.

I've said it here before, but 

• Firefighter minifigs should have single air tanks, not the double ones from Classic Space.

Helmet printing is needed. 

• It's time for Lego to produce a stokes basket. The stretcher piece is a style from WWI – now roughly 100 years outdated.

Hopefully, Lego will address some of these much-needed things soon.

On 9/19/2018 at 6:49 AM, Aanchir said:

That's a nice change. I always thought the black firefighters outfits was an odd choice aesthetically (and safety wise) but some very large departments certainly do use black with the high visibility striping (Chicago and NYFD comes to mind). But tan (Sand Yellow) will be a welcome change and will allow builders to accurately recreate more departments like LAFD.

Also would love a firefighter in the 'CMF/CMS' line.

A stokes basket would be a neat new element, though at the same time I can sort of see why LEGO continues using the outdated stretcher piece — even growing up the 90s it was the type of stretcher I was familiar with from video games, cartoons, etc, and for most of my life if you showed me a stokes basket even in the context of a firefighting toy, I probably would have had no idea what it was or thought it was some strange foreign version of a stretcher.

Even when technologies update it can take much longer for the iconic image people associate with those technologies often stay the same — after all, just think about how long the image of the rotary phone remained well-known and understood even though touch-tone telephones have been the norm since the 60s, or for that matter how many electronic devices today still use the image of a floppy disk to represent saving, the image of a traditional phone handset to represent making calls, the image of a physical envelope to represent e–mail or instant messaging, etc. And this is especially true for technologies people aren't used to seeing on a routine basis.

Even with toys aimed at really young kids who haven't had as much time to learn what stuff was like when their parents were young, think about how massively outdated so many of the technologies in Fabuland sets (cars, trucks, garage doors, planes, windmills, motorcycles, refrigerators, telephones, lawnmowers, vacuum cleaners, etc) were even by 80s standards! And growing up over a decade after Fabuland's beginnings, I was still subjected to a lot of the same media (Richard Scarry, Dr. Seuss, classic Disney, etc) that probably had a profound influence on the Fabuland aesthetic, picking up a lot of the same cues about how to recognize objects I might not often see in real life!

Have we heard anything about the Creator 3-in-1 sets for 2019? I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but I can't find an appropriate topic. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Have we heard anything about the Creator 3-in-1 sets for 2019? I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but I can't find an appropriate topic. 

There have a been a few Creator set names rumored for 2019. There is a thread over in the "Special themes" forum with more info.

31 minutes ago, Night City Dream said:

There should have been some info or at least pics. Can anyone remind me when we the first 2018 city sets appeared last year?

I would have hoped to see some more solid leaks by now as well. I'm sure last year we had leaked photos during September and maybe even as early as August.

A few weeks ago there was some discussion in this thread about the new set 60223 and whether or not it would be an Agricultural Harvester or some sort of Forest machine.

I've just been looking at Technic set 42080. In the product description this is referred to as a "Forest Harvester". I reckon it seems pretty likely that the new set could end up being a Lego City equivalent of the same concept of Harvester vehicle.

Image result for lego technic harvester

On 9/29/2018 at 9:04 PM, sasbury said:

• It's time for Lego to produce a stokes basket. The stretcher piece is a style from WWI – now roughly 100 years outdated.

Stretchers of that style are still in use around here, I saw EMTs using one not three days ago.

Any information, has anyone seen a preliminary picture or so? I would really like to know more about the Fire station. 

45 minutes ago, AOW said:

Any information, has anyone seen a preliminary picture or so? I would really like to know more about the Fire station. 

When someone has new information they will post about it. No point in asking every few days. 

Well first figure leaked for the sky police and I quite like the color, and the new molds can't tell if the helmet itself is new but the breathing mask part and I think the helmet visor is new as well. 

16 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Well first figure leaked for the sky police and I quite like the color, and the new molds can't tell if the helmet itself is new but the breathing mask part and I think the helmet visor is new as well. 

I believe the helmet is merely the old CMF football/hockey player one, the modified "Racer" helmet that is without a chinstrap. Besides that though, the new breathing mask and visor parts are most exciting, as I could imagine them being reused/recolored for a Fighter/Show Jet Pilot CMF. :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/15/2018 at 9:46 PM, Nexogeek said:

As I am aware that no one can post it here, woulD you please send me link via PM? Thanks.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Robert8 said:

Ok, maybe it's just me but minifigure has a very strong military vibe

I could not have agreed more... And I would say that he looks like Jet fighter pilot...

On 10/16/2018 at 7:46 AM, Nexogeek said:

That new breathing mask is quite cool, but I'm a bit more intrigued by the rumoured parachutes. 

10 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

That new breathing mask is quite cool, but I'm a bit more intrigued by the rumoured parachutes. 

Yes, I am also interested to see what the design of the parachute will be, maybe they'll be similar to 2006 dino attack, doubt it though.

Spoiler

lego-dino-attack-parachute-and-minifigur