TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Really want to see the new Fire/Police sets and possibly changed Road Baseplates.

Hopefully Burger Bar is majority of an actual building and not 80% firetruck.

Yes, I, too. But pics for sure won't appear before mid November. And with TLG's strict policy this year, I even wouln't be surprised if we firstly got to see them in mid December. Which I'm surprised about is that we still haven't the whole winter wave list yet - disappointing.

I hope that TLG will release a decent building with nice interior for the burger bar, too. I mean: For the price of the set this should be possible. Of course you can only await a one floor big building. But nevertheless it could be great if enough bricks and stickers were used for it. There's hoping for a minifig scaled burger mold which would really be great!

On 8/28/2018 at 1:04 PM, dimaks13 said:

It's not, it has already released.

Ah, thanks for mentioning.

Btw: In contrast to some of the past years, I'm regrettably no longer aible to get info (and then of course post it here, too) about (the winter wave) sets. The toy shop where I sometimes was allowed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue had to close. It was a lovely, small toy shop which couldn't compete againt amazon, ebay and the big toy chains. I'm very sad about this ...

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On 9/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, canuckster said:

American Truckstop!

I would love to see this! Some trucks to include would be flatbeds, tankers, box trailers, wide load trailers, etc. I really would like to see more sleeper cab trucks since Lego has always made day cab ones. To top it all off the trucks would have to be American.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:09 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Yes, I, too. But pics for sure won't appear before mid November. And with TLG's strict policy this year, I even wouln't be surprised if we firstly got to see them in mid December. Which I'm surprised about is that we still haven't the whole winter wave list yet - disappointing.

You are probably right, Lego do seem to have really tightened up their security on leaks over the last year or so. Having said that, they have still got to distribute product catalogues etc to shops and retail partners so I bet we wont have to wait until November before some leaked catalogues shots start to appear online.

On Amazon.co.uk the weight and dimensions for the straight & T-road plates 60236 are much different than the current ones. I wonder if that is accurate.

Thanks to Hothbricks we finally have got now a nearly complete list of the winter wave sets:

(The French set names are the original ones - if unsure about my translation into English, I put them in brackets. My comments are written italic.)

60206 Sky Police Jet Patrol - $ 9,99 (54 parts)

60207 Sky Police Drone Chase - $ 29,99 (192 parts)

60208 Sky Police Parachute Arrest - $ 39,99 (218 parts)

60209 Sky Police Diamond Heist - $59.99 (400 parts)

60210 Sky Police Air Base - $89,99 (529 parts)

60211 ??? - I bet for a Sky Police Exclusive

60212 Barbecue Burn Out - $9.99 - (64 parts)

60213 Fire At The Harbor or Train Station? (L’Incendie sur Le Quai - 97 parts) - I bet 20 Euros

60214 Burger Bar Fire Rescue - $39.99 (327 parts)

60215 Fire Station (509 parts) - I bet 50 Euros

60216 Downtown Firefighters (Les Pompiers du Centre-Ville - 943 parts) - I bet 100 Euros

60217 ??? - I bet for a Firefighter Exclusive

60218 Desert Rallye Car (75 parts) - I bet 10 Euros

60219 Wheel Loader (88 parts) - I bet 20 Euros

60220 Garbage Truck - $19.99

60221 Diving Yacht - $19.99 (148 parts)

60222 Pisten Bully (197 parts) - I bet 20 Euros

60223 Field Chopper Transport (Le Transport de l'ensileuse - 358 parts) - I bet 40 Euros

60234 Kajak Adventure (84 parts) - I bet 10 Euros

60236 Straight and T-junction - I bet 15 Dollars

60237 Curve and Crossroad - $14.99

60239 Police Patrol Car (92 parts) - I bet 10-20 Euros

Personally I'm glad that we'll get a pisten bully and a field chopper! :thumbup:

Plus I'm really curious about what set 60216 will inculde: for sure some fire engines, but hopefully even one or two burning houses.

Thanks for the info! I'll be getting the garbage truck for sure. Possibly the diving yacht. Don't really have room for the other ones unless they blow me away.

A train station with only 97 parts? Now you've piqued my curiosity . . .

The Drone Chase might be interesting, depending on what the drone's like, and I feel th Parachute Arrest happens to include some sort of new fabric-y parachute, I might get it. The rest isn't incredibly interesting, especially since I doubt the new Fire stuff would look better in my village than the new Winter Village Fire Station. Though I'm a little bit curious about what 'Downtown Firefighters' is . . hopefully a set with at least one big civilian building. If it is, and the building looks good enough, I might get it for that. {shrugs} We'll have to wait and see. 

I really hope the new road plates at least match up with the old ones. It's gonna be so awkward if I have to replace all the roads I bought just this year . . . 

The rest of the non-Fire/Police sets I might get, depending on how good they are as models and how much my village needs them. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

A train station with only 97 parts? Now you've piqued my curiosity . . .

The Drone Chase might be interesting, depending on what the drone's like, and I feel th Parachute Arrest happens to include some sort of new fabric-y parachute, I might get it. The rest isn't incredibly interesting, especially since I doubt the new Fire stuff would look better in my village than the new Winter Village Fire Station. Though I'm a little bit curious about what 'Downtown Firefighters' is . . hopefully a set with at least one big civilian building. If it is, and the building looks good enough, I might get it for that. {shrugs} We'll have to wait and see. 

I really hope the new road plates at least match up with the old ones. It's gonna be so awkward if I have to replace all the roads I bought just this year . . . 

The rest of the non-Fire/Police sets I might get, depending on how good they are as models and how much my village needs them. 

I think the road plates will be the same, just paired differently. Kind of how they re-released the train tracks and switch tracks. Same parts, different allotment. 

Looks like just the garbage truck and maybe the police patrol car for me!

I'll consider the Burger Bar Fire Rescue, but I don't have high hopes with only 327 parts, some of which will presumably be "fire" elements / effects.

16 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

Looks like just the garbage truck and maybe the police patrol car for me!

I'll consider the Burger Bar Fire Rescue, but I don't have high hopes with only 327 parts, some of which will presumably be "fire" elements / effects.

Drifting Diner has only 345 parts, including a lot of less eatery-related stuff like a go-kart and launcher, drive-in theater/phone stand, and the sorts of decorative flair like flowers that are common in Friends sets but much less so in City. Heartlake Pizzeria also managed to include a delivery truck, balcony seating, and a kitchen that far exceeds typical City standards of detail with only 289 parts. I suspect that there will be some sort of firefighting vehicle in this new set, but we have no idea what type or size, and I don't suspect a cooking fire at what's probably a single-story restaurant would necessarily require anything as big as a ladder truck. So overall I don't think the piece count is too much reason for worry.

22 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

60215 Fire Station (509 parts) - I bet 50 Euros

60216 Downtown Firefighters (Les Pompiers du Centre-Ville - 943 parts) - I bet 100 Euros

Very interesting. The 215 is a fire station which almost twice as small comparing to the actual one. But what is the 216? A city block layout with firemen? I'd be curious to see some residential buildings, very simple but still.

I really hope we'll get new road plates with new patterns.

With set number “60234” do you mean “Kayak Adventure”. If it is indeed, a £8.99 (if (undoubtedly) the €10 price tag is correct) based around a kayak will have me buying my first city set in several years (I prefer more action personally)! I’m hoping for a new colour, blue would be nice, what if we get new paddle colour pieces? Oh man I’m so excited!

On 9/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, TeriXeri said:

Really want to see the new Fire/Police sets and possibly changed Road Baseplates.

Hopefully Burger Bar is majority of an actual building and not 80% firetruck.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:11 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Funny I am hoping just the opposite. 

I don't mind with any of those as long as I have another food bar or food truck for my city, lol

Thank you very much for the link, @The Cobra! :classic:

But what is that: two fire stations?! I can only imagine 60215 being a mobile fire station and then 60216 the "normal" one. Independent from that, I'm disappointed to see that 60216 isn't the set we were hoping (a city scenery with a fire rescue) after having read the Hothbricks set names. :sadnew:

9 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

But what is that: two fire stations?!

There can't obviously be enough fire (or police) stations.

We so need more fire (and police) stations.

'Cause fire stations.

Jokes aside, in 2018 I set my record for sets bought. The number is 32, and that's as low as in 2007, the year my dark age ended. I can't see 2019 being any better.

image.png.7b30d29e8a04c13878fae48463a7fcb8.png

Thank you for the new information! Some of the sets sound actually really good. But I wonder if we get City starter packs or not.

Sky Police Jet Patrol (54 parts) or Barbecue Burn Out (64 parts) sounds somehow too small to me.

It will be a tough time for my wallet! :grin:I am very excited for the return of 2019 City Fire theme. I have many expectations, I hope they are not disappointed. Curious to see the new City Police Theme and roads baseplate.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, Night City Dream said:

Return? Wasn't it just 2 years ago?

3 years by the time the fire sets come out. Every 3 years spawns new fire sets.

16 hours ago, J4ck said:

3 years by the time the fire sets come out. Every 3 years spawns new fire sets.

I know. It sounds a bit unusual that he can’t wait to see new fire sets.