TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

37 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

Could the set 60223 Harvester Transporter actually be transporting a wood/tree harvester, ie on tracked wheels rather than a farm/agricultural harvester as this would compliment this years set, 60181 Forest Tractor? Just a thought

That actually makes a lot more sense. It would tie in greatly with the new Train set as well. 

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering the recent trend of introducing animal molds in City (jungle, artic) I would say the farm set is very likely to introduce a new animal. Maybe a pony?

The sheep is long overdue! Duck, goose or a updated mould for the foal maybe :excited:
But to be realistic we could very well get a combine harvester in the great vehicles sub-theme without getting a farm sub-theme.. Most likely a farm theme would show up in summer as well, winter has usually the boring police sets etc

1 hour ago, scottwb2010 said:

Could the set 60223 Harvester Transporter actually be transporting a wood/tree harvester, ie on tracked wheels rather than a farm/agricultural harvester as this would compliment this years set, 60181 Forest Tractor

When I hear harvester, I typically think of agriculture, and not lumber exactly. But, having said that, I'm not sure for certain if that's used exclusively for agricultural subjects, so... :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

When I hear harvester, I typically think of agriculture, and not lumber exactly. But, having said that, I'm not sure for certain if that's used exclusively for agricultural subjects, so... :shrug_confused:

The first thing that came to my mind was one of these combine harvester machines.

14633611928_704621395f_z_d.jpg

I believe lego released a model of something like this a few years back and a new one would be very welcome indeed. 

However these are massive machines and the name of the set would imply that it's another vehicle "transporting" one of these things. Not sure how that would work and what sort of huge vehicle could be used to transport one of these beasts.

I think whenever we get set names leaked early they can often be taken with a pinch of salt. They are often leaked from non English language catalogues, and when the titles are translated it can end up meaning something slightly different.

A good example is creator set 31077. When this was leaked earlier in the year everyone thought it was going to be some sort of pastry shop. Of course in the end it turned out to be called sweet surprises and nothing to do with pastry at all.

So this harvester transporter could end up being a vehicle carrying harvested goods like logs or wood. Or could even be a truck or something carrying vegetables, fruit or other produce from the harvest.

Who knows. Whatever it turns out to be it does sound as if it has the potential to be a good set. I hope it does end up being a farm or harvester machine of some sort. I really wanna see some farm vehicles and sets released. My Ideas Traction Engine would feel right at home. :laugh:

I thought they did a pretty good combine in 76054 Batman Scarecrow Harvest of Fear, for its size anyway. Harvester Transport definitely sounds more like a truck to carry a harvester though or maybe the truck the combine dumps stuff into. Also as others have said could very well be a timber hauler, really like to see that too. Seems kind of silly to make a harvester transporter without an actual harvester to go with it. Regardless of what it turns out to be I do look forward to seeing it. 

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

So this harvester transporter could end up being a vehicle carrying harvested goods like logs or wood. Or could even be a truck or something carrying vegetables, fruit or other produce from the harvest.

I'd certainly like for it to be the latter possibility, if it were to be one of those two. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Harvester Transport definitely sounds more like a truck to carry a harvester though or maybe the truck the combine dumps stuff into.

I've done a bit of searching and here is an image of a harvester being transported on the back of a truck.

2453331029_7b5eee75da_z_d.jpg?zz=1

Something like this recreated as a Lego set would be pretty awesome.

I like your other suggestion too of a harvester dumping it's load in to a truck. 

2627626036_2dd768a2b4_z_d.jpg

I can definitely imagine Lego making a set based on something like that.

Whatever the Harvester may be.. Lumber related or Agricultural, I would be still thrilled with a farm theme. I would like to add in a small farm into my Lego layout... all the food for sale by venders and being sold in restaurants has got to come from somewhere? Right? lol.

As for new farm animal.. what about sheep? We could have some minifigs wearing spiffy knitted sweaters to go with said sheep.

On that note of new things.. I was thinking about the City Minifig packs.. we already have a park, outdoor and beach themed packed.. why not go with a workers set and have a mix of workers.. construction, farm workers, vet, business people with a  little coffee stand, train yard workers, repair workers.. I think it could be a great set!

Edited by Mattybrick

Hopefully the large Aircraft includes a brand new nose molde and wings , I’m kind of getting tired to see the same large aircraft since 2005 .  Hopefully something more realistic A330 or 787 nose , and more detail realistic wing molde . 

If a medium size aircraft  ,   DOORS PLEASE. ,!!!!!

I really don’t get it why trains and aircraft have no doors on the city line .

Yes doors, that was one of my favorite things on 60166 Heavy Duty Rescue Helicopter. Great set one of if not my favorite chopper.

They really need step up there game on aircraft nose , doors , cargo doors and wings  ,on the  pass sets of passenger plane and the private jet where lacking of doors big time .  Such important thing for trains and aircraft ! 

So far with what set names that have been confirmed, I’m very curious with Great Vehicles subtheme. I want to see what the garbage truck will look like. If they made one kinda like the ones from 2007 and 2012 but with 2 rear wheels I would be okay with that. The one from 2016 was disappointment to me because I feel like it could’ve been designed better. 

I do love the Great Vehicles, I generally get them all. I do think the garbage truck would be better represented as a recycling truck though. 

52 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I do love the Great Vehicles, I generally get them all. I do think the garbage truck would be better represented as a recycling truck though. 

We already had something similar:: 4206.....

30 minutes ago, AOW said:

We already had something similar:: 4206.....

Yes recycling truck in 2012 but we also got a garbage truck in 2016, so to me it seems more likely for an updated recycling truck. Either way I just hope they do it some justice this time around. 

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes recycling truck in 2012 but we also got a garbage truck in 2016, so to me it seems more likely for an updated recycling truck. Either way I just hope they do it some justice this time around.

In 2012 we got two vehicles, 4406 the Recycle Truck and 4432 Garbage Truck so that year was quite nice. 

Farm sets... PLEASE! The last sets were released during my dark ages. The animal molds/reprints are endless. 

A zoo would also be great and a big seller!

Just now, froggy95 said:

Farm sets... PLEASE! The last sets were released during my dark ages. The animal molds/reprints are endless. 

A zoo would also be great and a big seller!

I would love a new farm sub-theme, when the last one was out I was a kid with zero money and would put my money towards power miners so i missed out as well. So many animals/plants that could be made for it

36 minutes ago, TheLegomane said:

I've read rumours about set 60237 being roadplates "curve and crossroad" for $15. Why would they be so expensive?

I thought because it is a set containing two plates. At least that is what I can remember from earlier days when I got baseplates.

4 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

I've read rumours about set 60237 being roadplates "curve and crossroad" for $15. Why would they be so expensive?

They're $15 now USD

1 hour ago, Eaglefan344 said:

They're $15 now USD

You are right, sorry I confused dollars and euros. It's, though, a fact that they are changing the road packages bundle. Could the roadplates themselves have an update?

1 hour ago, TheLegomane said:

You are right, sorry I confused dollars and euros. It's, though, a fact that they are changing the road packages bundle. Could the roadplates themselves have an update?

Probably! They last updated them several years ago, this could be a different road configuration that still works with the current plates or a new system entirely. Excited to see what it ends up being.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Probably! They last updated them several years ago, this could be a different road configuration that still works with the current plates or a new system entirely. Excited to see what it ends up being.

I have seen some where a picture that those road plates are longer than existing ones. They are not squer but more rectangular.