TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

I still would love to see a zoo sub theme, I think there is so much opportunity to make 10 sets of varying sizes under this sub theme, might fill in some missing animal mounds as well.  I know we have talked about it, but we really need Lego to take a risk and go all out on a new theme like this.  

Id also like to see the return of Farm, again 6 sets or so

however, I think all we can definitely speculate is we will get a helicopter, I reallly need one of them.  We will also likely get a hot dog selling vendor of some kind. 

Well, we got a leak. Looks like City Police is taking to the skies with 60210 Sky Police Air Base. 

My first thought when reading this was 'please be some kind of helicarrier or blimp'. But, knowing Lego, it's probably jut a police-themed airport. 

I think we all know what this means. More helicopters. Yay. 

On the bright side, since the various City subthemes have had a greater propensity to tie in with each other recently, this is good news for a revival of the Space program. 

34 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, we got a leak. Looks like City Police is taking to the skies with 60210 Sky Police Air Base. 

Aw shoot, so that's what it must be... :sad:

Dang, when I initially saw that leak, I thought it was going to be for some new Action/Adventure theme. :wall:

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

My first thought when reading this was 'please be some kind of helicarrier or blimp'. But, knowing Lego, it's probably jut a police-themed airport. 

I think we all know what this means. More helicopters. Yay. 

On the bright side, since the various City subthemes have had a greater propensity to tie in with each other recently, this is good news for a revival of the Space program. 

Do we know that it's in the City theme? Or is it more like a Space Police reboot?

5 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Do we know that it's in the City theme? Or is it more like a Space Police reboot?

Well, we don't know for certain, but based on the product number, it looks like a City set, and 'Police' is in its name . . and I highly doubt that this would be the first year since before I started collecting Lego to not have a new Police theme. 

I'm just hoping for a blimp . . 

Since 2012 the most interesting and appealing for me have constantly been great vehicles. With fire and police evertothing is more or less clear and nothing special about. So, I wonder what the new great vehicles in the coming year will come out.

hope, too, next year we’ll get a new train station. And there should also be a new cargo train just like it was in 2011 and 2015.

60209 Sky Police Diamond Heist - $59.99;

60212 Barbecue Burn Out - $9.99;

60214 Burger Bar Fire Rescue - $39.99;

60215 Fire Station - ?;

60220 Garbage Truck - $19.99;

60221 Diving Yacht - $19.99;

60223 Harvester Transport - ?;

60236 Straight and T-junction - ?;

60237 Curve and Crossroad - $14.99.

Great news ! Hopefully we get kind of awacs plane and a air refueling aircraft for other police aircraft . 

Harvester transport ? Yay for the garbage truck 

Edited by danimarroquin

If that is a list and set numbers of some new sets for the Winter 2019.. I am excited but slightly confused. I was under the impression that Lego didn't make any houses that were on fire as to not scare children with play sets that resemble real time situations that could have fire injuries and death. If am not mistaken we have had things like dumpsters and abandoned buildings that have been on fire but nothing that a minifigure would be living in. The above fire sets sound like things are getting more intense in Lego City lol.. with a Burger Bar Fire Rescue and bbq burn out. Perhaps the Lego theme of Heroes needed.. is a move forward to rescue themed sets from fires now?

I am hoping for a farm series. Bring back cows, chickens and goats! Oh.. and crops with the new green plant pieces. I think one is overdue..so I am excited to see what the harvester looks like. Big smile and cheers for the Garbage truck.. hopefully a Recycling truck is not far behind.

Seeing that "Sky Police" is definitely a City subtheme rather than an action theme, I'm now wondering what exactly it may be. Is it perhaps an airport security subtheme? What exactly is the ninety dollar "Air Base" suppose to be? An airport? A mobile command base in the form of a cargo plane? A helicarrier? *

Just joking about that last suggestion. :tongue:

32 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Seeing that "Sky Police" is definitely a City subtheme rather than an action theme, I'm now wondering what exactly it may be. Is it perhaps an airport security subtheme? What exactly is the ninety dollar "Air Base" suppose to be? An airport? A mobile command base in the form of a cargo plane? A helicarrier? *

Just joking about that last suggestion. :tongue:

Intellectually, I know that it'll probably just be a police themed airfield . . . but part of me really wants an official Lego blimp, even in Police colours . . .

Although, it's also worth noting that one of the leaks is marked 'Sky Police Diamond Heist'. I'm predicting a set with two small planes; one crooks plane, probably in red, with a storage compartment for stolen diamonds (and, of course, the only possible way for the crooks to escape is by air), and one police plane. Maybe it'll be similar to that one set from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from a fair few years back?

Honestly, more than anything I'm interested in the new road plate packs. Has this happened before? Does everyone think they'll be the same as the ones we've already got, or is it time for TLG to introduce a new style of road?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Intellectually, I know that it'll probably just be a police themed airfield . . . but part of me really wants an official Lego blimp, even in Police colours . . .

Although, it's also worth noting that one of the leaks is marked 'Sky Police Diamond Heist'. I'm predicting a set with two small planes; one crooks plane, probably in red, with a storage compartment for stolen diamonds (and, of course, the only possible way for the crooks to escape is by air), and one police plane. Maybe it'll be similar to that one set from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from a fair few years back?

Honestly, more than anything I'm interested in the new road plate packs. Has this happened before? Does everyone think they'll be the same as the ones we've already got, or is it time for TLG to introduce a new style of road?

Looks like they are pairing the straights with T's (which is very awesome). I would imagine they stay the same.

Considering the recent trend of introducing animal molds in City (jungle, artic) I would say the farm set is very likely to introduce a new animal. Maybe a pony?

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Considering the recent trend of introducing animal molds in City (jungle, artic) I would say the farm set is very likely to introduce a new animal. Maybe a pony?

I'd rather have a new cow, personally . .

20 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'd rather have a new cow, personally . .

The current one seems okay. What would you change about it?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

It needs an udder. 

Don't the current ones have udders? I could swear that they did.

Really? Didn't look like it from the pics I saw. Then again, I don't actually have one . . 

Eh. Looking forward to the farm anyway. Hopefully it'll be close enough to medieval/fantasy stuff for a decent MOC. 

Just been reading through and am excited to hear discussion of some new city Farm sets. Is this just speculation or has there been a leak that there definitely are some farm sets coming out?

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Just been reading through and am excited to hear discussion of some new city Farm sets. Is this just speculation or has there been a leak that there definitely are some farm sets coming out?

Speculation primarily, on part of a Great Vehicle set rumored for 2019 (60223 Harvester Transport).

On 8/7/2018 at 11:30 PM, danimarroquin said:

How about a 747 with the space shuttle on top ! 

Well, we now know that perhaps Creator will have something like that for next year, a set by the name of 31091 Shuttle Transporter.

Could the set 60223 Harvester Transporter actually be transporting a wood/tree harvester, ie on tracked wheels rather than a farm/agricultural harvester as this would compliment this years set, 60181 Forest Tractor? Just a thought