Ashnflash

Ashnflash CMF Series

I figured instead of making a new post every time I make a series I'd just start my own topic. 

Here's my CMF Series of NBC's The Office I made :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVwS8EVNyE&t=100s

So far, as a whole, my favorite custom CMS of yours has to be the one done for Batman: The Animated Series, with all of your Disney CMS drafts coming in a second close favorites.

Keep up the great work as always @Ashnflash:sweet:

8 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

You seriously make the best custom cmf series. Love the Office one!

Thanks so much friend! 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So far, as a whole, my favorite custom CMS of yours has to be the one done for Batman: The Animated Series, with all of your Disney CMS drafts coming in a second close favorites.

Keep up the great work as always @Ashnflash:sweet:

Thanks man! I'm hoping to do something DC related next :) 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:03 PM, Ashnflash said:

Thanks man! I'm hoping to do something DC related next :) 

By the way, would you be open to suggestions for CMS creations to perhaps consider for the far future? :classic:

On 7/31/2018 at 10:57 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, would you be open to suggestions for CMS creations to perhaps consider for the far future? :classic:

Always open to suggestions :)

19 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Always open to suggestions :)

Alright then, well, I do have a somewhat unusual suggestion. 

There's a popular cosplay artist by the name of Hannah Alexander who's specially is Art Nouveau/Alphonse Mucha inspired reimaginings of anime, comic, and Disney characters. I've always admired much of her artwork, and I thought that it'd be kinda cool to see some of her reimaginings translated into either minifigure or minidoll form, particularly her 2014 series of Disney Princess reimaginings. :classic:

DeviantArt - Art Nouveau Costume Designs

art_nouveau_costume_designs_iii_by_hanna

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Alright then, well, I do have a somewhat unusual suggestion. 

There's a popular cosplay artist by the name of Hannah Alexander who's specially is Art Nouveau/Alphonse Mucha inspired reimaginings of anime, comic, and Disney characters. I've always admired much of her artwork, and I thought that it'd be kinda cool to see some of her reimaginings translated into either minifigure or minidoll form, particularly her 2014 series of Disney Princess reimaginings. :classic:

DeviantArt - Art Nouveau Costume Designs

art_nouveau_costume_designs_iii_by_hanna

That's some awesome art and design. But I can't see myself making them when there's a lot more popular things out there if you know what I mean :P My Avengers IW Series will be completed sometime soon! 

Fan of your work @Ashnflash as you know.

As for suggestions, I would say

-The Muppets

-Tiny Toons

-The Smurfs

-Rugrats

-The Fairly Odd Parents

-"Reboots" of old themes like Adventurers, Fright Knights, Rock Raiders, Islanders. 

-Mad Max versions of former CMFs to go with the TLM2 line

-The Eurobricks Mods :laugh:

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

That's some awesome art and design. But I can't see myself making them when there's a lot more popular things out there if you know what I mean :P 

That's alright, I understand. :classic: 

Well, if I were to suggest more popular and relevant properties for future consideration, perhaps animated Warner Brothers franchises such as Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera, and even Animaniacs could be something to consider for the future. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

if I had to say one or two properties I might say arrested development or even a total drama series 

I’ve been meaning to make up some of my own CMF lists of different franchises, and Total Drama (as well as other franchises, some already covered by Ashnflash) was one of my first I planned to do. Hopefully no one would accuse me of copying if I were to do so. ?

Sorry I barely come on here anymore. If you want to contact me the best way is flickr or insta. But thanks everyone for the suggestions. And yes @Digger of Bricks there is a tutorial in the works! 

For any aspiring minifigure renderers who may read this topic, check out @Ashnflash's recent tutorial! :classic:

8 hours ago, just2good said:

Thank you Digger for continuing to share our work! :classic:

As always! :sweet:

He makes these in just 1 hour?

Danm he is fast :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He make these in just 1 hour?

Danm he is fast :laugh:

Lol ya I think the pressure of recording it helped me to go faster. Maybe that's the key :P 

@Ashnflash

Here is a quick tip: try tracing it with a pencil instead of a brush. Brushes leave a little bit of grey pixels to your lign so you need to paintbucket multiple times. You don't if you use the pencil tool. But if you rather use the brush you should deselect anti-alias when paint-bucketing. It is on top of your screen in a little box. You can select or deselect it. Now it'll overpaint a few of those grey blurry ligns you find so frustrating. And you don't need to paintbucket it again and again and again :-)

But maybe you just need to work with your penciltool instead of that brush...

Using the pencil tool will give you hard raster edges that will be unattractive zoomed in - the cleanest method is to make a new layer below the lineart, setting the lineart layer to multiply and coloring with your favorite method on the layer below. Magic Selection with a bit of a feathered edge would probably be the fastest way to select the areas needing color.

In celebration of reaching 10,000 subscribers over on YouTube, @Ashnflash gave us his personal experience story with Lego and the fan community. :classic:

On 9/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, Ashnflash said:

@Digger of Bricks Ya you're a great guy! Thanks for all your help and support :) 

All the same! :blush: