J4ck

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Is anyone gonna talk about how Fury is firing on the cat? :laugh:

I agree with most sentiments about the set. The build is nice, but the figs have really been in decline. Surely it cant be super expensive for Lego to just give some leg printing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the price of the new Captain Marvel set? i was hoping $30, but i heard that it was going to be $40. (the cheaper, the better for this set)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

reused faces
wrong hairpiece
 

Define correct hair piece

17 hours ago, Schwa said:

Lazy reuse of both the newest Cyborg head for Nick Fury and the Q'ira head for Carol.

The Q'ira head suits her. It really displays the generic face everyone was complaining about in the trailer and pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

what is the price of the new Captain Marvel set? i was hoping $30, but i heard that it was going to be $40. (the cheaper, the better for this set)

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read, it’s 40 Canadian dollars and 30 US dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read, it’s 40 Canadian dollars and 30 US dollars

Thats right price.

Im totally loving the build and the new torso print on fury, not like he needs leg printing when he just wears black pants in ths film. Only problem with the Captain is legs but im just gonna use a spare mcu spider-man legs. I will agree that Talos is a mess

Edited by legosamsonite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... Not too great a set, in my opinion. The fact that the Quinjet is a predecessor of the ones we see in Avengers and later movies series is really cool, but the vehicle itself doesn't look very interesting to me.
The minifigure selection is okay, except they're kind of... bad :sceptic: Regarding Captain Marvel, she doesn't have enough red on her outfit, I feel. I get the shoulder's couldn't be made red, but it would look so much better and more accurate. 
Nick Fury has a cool torso, but that's about it. The Skrull has a skin color that's far too bright.
Such a shame...

I think I'll just order the current Captain Marvel fig on on BL...

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to agree with everyone, new Cap Marvel minifigure sucks! Wrong hair, weird choice of face and no leg prints. The 2016 version looks so much better! Fury looks ok, nothing special though. And Talos is plain weak. Scrolls could have used new head mold tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me how Harry Potter and Star Wars get leg and arm printing and some dual mouldings and lots of new moulded, but marvel gets...this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t these leakers show us a pic of the build in hand too instead of just these even-less-than-mediocre figures

Edited by Legocity2713

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other themes are stealing too much budget. City and Star Wars have the most sets. Harry Potter gets all the great figures. Jurassic World, LM2, Minecraft and Overwatch are stealing the parts budget. Ninjago gets the best minifig designers. Even Incredibles 2 got a ton of dual moulding.

In order for Marvel to survive, we must cull half of all themes. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Other themes are stealing too much budget. City and Star Wars have the most sets. Harry Potter gets all the great figures. Jurassic World, LM2, Minecraft and Overwatch are stealing the parts budget. Ninjago gets the best minifig designers. Even Incredibles 2 got a ton of dual moulding.

In order for Marvel to survive, we must cull half of all themes. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

This wins my Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Other themes are stealing too much budget. City and Star Wars have the most sets. Harry Potter gets all the great figures. Jurassic World, LM2, Minecraft and Overwatch are stealing the parts budget. Ninjago gets the best minifig designers. Even Incredibles 2 got a ton of dual moulding.

In order for Marvel to survive, we must cull half of all themes. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

In all fairness, Star Wars and Harry Potter deserve stellar minifigs. The others can all be cut for all I care. Just keep those two and then both DC and Marvel Super Heroes. And bring back Lord of the Rings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Other themes are stealing too much budget. City and Star Wars have the most sets. Harry Potter gets all the great figures. Jurassic World, LM2, Minecraft and Overwatch are stealing the parts budget. Ninjago gets the best minifig designers. Even Incredibles 2 got a ton of dual moulding.

In order for Marvel to survive, we must cull half of all themes. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Lego Marvel Superheroes theme, I dont feel so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

In order for Marvel to survive, we must cull half of all themes. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

In order for Lego to retain its soul, they must cull nearly all of their licensed themes, no matter the cost. :smug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In order for Lego to retain its soul, they must cull nearly all of their licensed themes, no matter the cost. :smug:

I mean, I wouldn't go that far, but it would certainly be nice to see a bit less of the licensed stuff and a bit more in house stuff on the shelves :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In order for Lego to retain its soul, they must cull nearly all of their licensed themes, no matter the cost. :smug:

Whoah. I agree that there has been a bit of licence saturation, but nearly all licensed themes? Seems like a tad much.

Maybe I should have just asked for more equal budget/set distribution, and not even bring up the idea of theme genocide. That tends to bring out the worst in people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Whoah. I agree that there has been a bit of licence saturation, but nearly all licensed themes?

Keyword being nearly:wink:

Honestly, all I really wish from Lego is some condensed consolidation of their playthemes for a much neater portfolio, with less dangling loose dead ends, not to mention that much needed balance between in-house and licensed themes. That's primarily why I'm so ticked off over this year's disassembly of the Juniors, Marvel, and DC SuperHeroes lines, as their branding makes the sets feel less like Lego's and more akin to miserly tie-in merchandise. :sad:

8 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Maybe I should have just asked for more equal budget/set distribution, and not even bring up the idea of theme genocide. That tends to bring out the worst in people.

But licensed themes have seemingly done just that haven't they? Indirect genocide of core, in-house lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Schwa said:

Why didn't they use Mace Windu's face for young Nick Fury?

Probably because it's one sided, and if they use a one sided head with a hair piece, people would just complain about that

Basically LEGO can never win, but they're still getting are money, so they are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Probably because it's one sided, and if they use a one sided head with a hair piece, people would just complain about that

Basically LEGO can never win, but they're still getting are money, so they are

But it's already Samuel L Jackson, and a pretty good one at that. Though I understand your double-sided face point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like the captain marvel set 😅 I also prefer this box art to the "Marvel Superheroes" box. The build is pretty good and the lack of minifig detail doesn't bother me too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But licensed themes have seemingly done just that haven't they? Indirect genocide of core, in-house lines.

That’s a ridiculous assertion. City and the like have functioned for years milling out the same mediocre builds...even before our many popular licensed themes established themselves. Maybe Lego should instead give people a reason to buy their in-house themes if they’re doing so badly compared to licensed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultron said:

That’s a ridiculous assertion. City and the like have functioned for years milling out the same mediocre builds...even before our many popular licensed themes established themselves. Maybe Lego should instead give people a reason to buy their in-house themes if they’re doing so badly compared to licensed. 

I wonder if he means themes like LOTR and POTC killing off castle and pirates themes.  That isn’t that far fetched.  I’m fairly certain that SW has been the main driver for no space themes returning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

I wonder if he means themes like LOTR and POTC killing off castle and pirates themes.  That isn’t that far fetched.  I’m fairly certain that SW has been the main driver for no space themes returning.

Sure but most people would much rather have LOTR sets than castle sets, and would rather have Star Wars sets than space sets. I would take licensed themes over literally anything, and I do wish more effort was put into the super heroes themes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now