Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Juniors set is a hard pass. I understand it is a Juniors set but those arms are an insult to Doc Ock. Crane looks nice though tbh.

Sandman/Vulture set has the best figures of all the sets so far. Good price. Not the biggest fan of the build but it looks cool and different. Vulture’s wings look like a someone’s awful MOC they made because they didn’t like Homecoming Vulture’s wings.

Carnage set, yes please! While I like the old Carnage more I can’t wait to add the new one’s tendrils and such to it. Bike reminds me of the Spider-cycle from USM as it actually shoots webs. Kids will like that and it doesn’t look horrible. Lab build looks nice. I’m hoping it will have some nice stickers on those trans blue monitor pieces that I can use; hopefully Spider-Man related.

Edited by Legocity2713

If these sets are unofficially based on Into The Spiderverse, then I just have one question. Spider Man Noir seems to have a prominent role in the movie, so why did they use Spiderman 2099 instead? I mean, I guess he’s a slightly better-known character, but still.

Also, these sets are most likely meant to attract children, so they can’t really give them complicated builds. But I understand why people don’t like this wave, since its pretty much one giant Juniors wave. But at least the minifigs are excellent (My personal favorites are Spiderman, Carnage, and Spiderman 2099)

And you guys gotta admit, even if you don’t really care for this wave, the Giant Venom Mech is pretty slick

Edited by Mountain Drew

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

Why don’t you scrap your account? Either that or leave your negativity at the sign in page.

Incredibly unnecessary. I can criticize the sets if I want to, and I believe the designers did a really weak job here. 

49 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

If these sets are unofficially based on Into The Spiderverse, then I just have one question. Spider Man Noir seems to have a prominent role in the movie, so why did they use Spiderman 2099 instead? I mean, I guess he’s a slightly better-known character, but still.

The sets aren't unofficially based on the film, they're only really inspired by the idea of alternate Spider Men appearing, not the actual film. Otherwise Miles would probably be in more sets

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

And you guys gotta admit, even if you don’t really care for this wave, the Giant Venom Mech is pretty slick

Truthfully the only set I’m lookin forward to. They shouldve put Carnage in that set with a big build or mech though instead of wasting him in another small set with miles. Just my thoughts. 

My spider senses tell me that there is a decent possiblity that most of the FFH sets will include the basic "Homecoming" Spider-Man that came in last years sets :/ it seems like something lego will do, while 1 out of the 3 sets will have a brand new variant for Spider-Man

15 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

My spider senses tell me that there is a decent possiblity that most of the FFH sets will include the basic "Homecoming" Spider-Man that came in last years sets :/ it seems like something lego will do, while 1 out of the 3 sets will have a brand new variant for Spider-Man

I have a feeling they’ll slightly update the minifig, perhaps by switching from dark blue to regular blue and changing the printing on the head, to make it slightly more accurate to the actual costume. 

6 hours ago, Ultron said:

Incredibly unnecessary. I can criticize the sets if I want to, and I believe the designers did a really weak job here. 

No actually it is. You don’t like the Lego sets leave. The designers were hired out of hundreds even thousands of people, they’re the best of the best, so don’t try it with me boy.

Clear pics of the Carnage sets out. Everything in the set takes place in a Roxxon facility apparently. Lab part can work well for an Iron Man large scale arc reactor type of area.

56 minutes ago, J4ck said:

No actually it is. You don’t like the Lego sets leave. The designers were hired out of hundreds even thousands of people, they’re the best of the best, so don’t try it with me boy.

What the actual heck? I'm disappointed seeing language like this from you. Let this be a public warning that we don't tolerate this sort of thing on Eurobricks from anyone, new member and established member alike.

This is not a platform just for praise of LEGO sets. It's A-OK to criticise sets and designs. Sometimes perhaps what somebody doesn't like about a design is the fault of the designer, and maybe other times it's more the fault of the brief they were given. Just because the LEGO designer job is highly competitive doesn't mean that the people who get the job are beyond human and incapable of making poor design choices from time to time. Similarly the people who approve the designs also surely make poor choices sometimes.

Bottom line: everyone must post respectfully, whether in their opinions about sets or their responses to other people.

19 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Clear pics of the Carnage sets out. Everything in the set takes place in a Roxxon facility apparently. Lab part can work well for an Iron Man large scale arc reactor type of area.

On instagram?

Apparently the carnage set is called "Spider-Man Bike Rescue" 

The minifigs are great, but the only actual build I like is the Venom Mech.

I actually like this wave.  Having both Carnage and Venom from before it will be nice to get different versions.  The builds seem interesting and the Venom mech is going to useful for other things I have going on in my castle/fantasy layout.  The Sandman fig is killer love the design.  Overall it's gonna be a useful wave fig and pieces wise.  

Really looking forward to all of the sets coming out next year. Would have a liked some alternative Marvel characters as I think DareDevil/Elektra/Punisher are way overdue to be represented in Lego form - very tempted to pick up a cmf while we wait.

As a side note, I came across a store on BrickLink selling 2019 minifigs - not sure how they could get them so early, but seems that they already have Spider-Gwen, Carnage, Vulture, Sandman, and Miles Morales.

Just now, ApocSlay said:

Really looking forward to all of the sets coming out next year. Would have a liked some alternative Marvel characters as I think DareDevil/Elektra/Punisher are way overdue to be represented in Lego form - very tempted to pick up a cmf while we wait.

As a side note, I came across a store on BrickLink selling 2019 minifigs - not sure how they could get them so early, but seems that they already have Spider-Gwen, Carnage, Vulture, Sandman, and Miles Morales.

These are the winter wave 2018 sets, the only 2019 marvel sets so far are the FFH sets, Captain Marvel set, and the a4 sets

43 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The minifigs are great, but the only actual build I like is the Venom Mech.

Same here. Its a shame because the last comic Spider-Man wave that came out had some amazing builds, especially the Bridge Battle.

I do like that they're including Spider-Man's dual molded legs in all the sets this time, rather than just exclusively appearing in the most expensive one. Hopefully this trend continues with other characters like Batman and Superman.

I shall live on in hope. The down-side to living in NZ is that we miss out on some of the superhero sets, for example we still haven't had the Ant-Man and the Wasp set released here, so have to order it in from Australia which makes it rather expensive. I hope we do get all of these sets, or at least most of them. I am 50% of the way through collecting all of the minifigs, and even though it is great getting them cheaply off Bricklink there is always something great about pulling them out of a set yourself.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

These are the winter wave 2018 sets, the only 2019 marvel sets so far are the FFH sets, Captain Marvel set, and the a4 sets

If these are 2018, then this should be discussed in the 2018 thread

-----------------

By the way, while these are not based on the Spiderverse (and Venom) movie, so are totally inspired by them. It can't be a coincidence that these are coming only a few weeks after both movies with pretty much the same characters

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

By the way, while these are not based on the Spiderverse (and Venom) movie, so are totally inspired by them. It can't be a coincidence that these are coming only a few weeks after both movies with pretty much the same characters

That's what I said. 

And frankly, it's  for debate, I think the case is more like these are 2019 sets that are being granted an early, December 2018 release in parts of the world, and will continue to be available into 2019.  So it's alright to discuss them in either.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

If these are 2018, then this should be discussed in the 2018 thread

-----------------

They come out December 1st, if you look at the reveal for the venom mech set the floor model shown off had a tag that read  December 1st, so the other sets in the wave will follow suite

Seeing the Carnage set in better resolution changed my opinion. It looks good, the builds are solid. I even like the build for the bike (kids will like that), but i hoped for a symbiote that leaked from a lab instead of a crazy carnage holding some sort of bomb. The ‘new’ figs aren’t new enough for me to make me purchase this set. And while the bomb and bike look good, i don’t need them.

Now let’s hope we will be getting hi-res images from the other sets as well soonish. 

The sets look decent overall.  The Spider-Mech vs Mega Venom looks like the best set of the wave, and it is odd they put both Miles and Carnage in another smaller set.  The presence of Spider-Man 2099 in the Spider-Crawler set reminds me of the final boss of Spider-Man: Edge of Time, though I doubt it's an intentional reference.  The lack of new villains is disappointing, though the new designs for the old villains look pretty good overall (besides Doc Ock's arms)  Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, and Sandman seem to be the best minifigures in the wave in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

What the actual heck? I'm disappointed seeing language like this from you. Let this be a public warning that we don't tolerate this sort of thing on Eurobricks from anyone, new member and established member alike.

This is not a platform just for praise of LEGO sets. It's A-OK to criticise sets and designs. Sometimes perhaps what somebody doesn't like about a design is the fault of the designer, and maybe other times it's more the fault of the brief they were given. Just because the LEGO designer job is highly competitive doesn't mean that the people who get the job are beyond human and incapable of making poor design choices from time to time. Similarly the people who approve the designs also surely make poor choices sometimes.

Bottom line: everyone must post respectfully, whether in their opinions about sets or their responses to other people.

My deepest apologies to you and @Ultron. My words were very strong and I’m sorry. Yes I agree that designers can make poor decisions and people are entitled to their opinions, however I must bring to light that the images everyone are judging are worse than 144p Videos and don’t think anyone can make fair and or proper judgements until official/higher resolution images appear. 

Edited by J4ck
1600 posts!

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that motorcycle shooting a spider web?

Was the motorcycle also bitten by the mutant spider? :laugh:

It has precedent. (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Cycle)

In the show, SHIELD attached web shooters to the side of a flying bike and called it a day.

19 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Also, these sets are most likely meant to attract children, so they can’t really give them complicated builds. But I understand why people don’t like this wave, since its pretty much one giant Juniors wave. But at least the minifigs are excellent (My personal favorites are Spiderman, Carnage, and Spiderman 2099)

Spoiler

I have a feeling that the chances of lego not including the Noir-looking stealth suit in the most expensive FFH set are pretty slim, hence why the almost identical Noir suit hadn't been put in any of the sets.