Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

This might be the first wave of spiderman sets I don’t bother picking up...I’m very disappointed that we have yet again received the same villains that get used over and over and over. What about comic shocker and electro? Morbius, hammerhead, silver sable, chameleon or a proper rhino? Apparently LEGO doesn’t understand that spider man has more villains that what we keep getting. I understand they are trying to give everyone a chance to get the “key” villains but at this rate, expect the next wave (winter or summer 2020) to include venom, doc ock and vulture as well 

Hopefully the “zebra” set will bring something good to the table 

Just now, J4ck said:

I think the Mysterio set is 4+ at that price and piece count.

It is 

Just now, J4ck said:

I think the Mysterio set is 4+ at that price and piece count.

I asked in FalconFan's comments and he confirmed it is still a 4+ set.

Alright, I like that we're finally getting more comic-based Marvel sets (That aren't Spidey), and since the leaked Thanos is comic-book based I'm hoping the Iron Man from his mech will be too. The Spidey stuff is okay, but not a must buy with repeated villains, unless they're good variants, of course.

Wow these spidey sets sound boring. We need different villains. Why always the same characters. Don’t they have love for Spider-man? I mean the Vulture. One was enough. An old guy in a flying suit, unless they made special wing-arms i’m not interested. Venom and a mech, because last year wasn’t Venom and a mech? Doc Ock, could be interesting depending which era. But i like the one i already have. Mysterio, if done right, could be the minifig i want, but i guess it will dissapoint just like the others. 
that third character should be Daredevil and i will be happy again :-)

btw if they give Thor his helmet (the old skool comic one with the blonde hair beneath it) then that will be the set i want the most. 

Just now, Borex said:

btw if they give Thor his helmet (the old skool comic one with the blonde hair beneath it) then that will be the set i want the most. 

I doubt this. 

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Watch the third character be a random cop or a firefighter lol

Hahahahahaha I'll think of this. Better than disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Watch the third character be a random cop or a firefighter lol

Or Aunt May again

8 minutes ago, Borex said:

Wow these spidey sets sound boring. We need different villains. Why always the same characters. Don’t they have love for Spider-man? I mean the Vulture. One was enough. An old guy in a flying suit, unless they made special wing-arms i’m not interested. Venom and a mech, because last year wasn’t Venom and a mech? Doc Ock, could be interesting depending which era. But i like the one i already have. Mysterio, if done right, could be the minifig i want, but i guess it will dissapoint just like the others. 
that third character should be Daredevil and i will be happy again :-)

Unless the Spider-Jet seriously blows me out of the water, or it’s some kind of awesome new variant of Spidey (considering they used the same variant 2013-6 unlikely) these all sound like passes for me. Except possibly the mech set, but I’m reserving judgement on this mech series.

Also, no War Machine? I was really hoping for Mark 7 War Machine. :( And I guess that leaked face from a while ago really is Black Panther. 

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like the Venom Mech here will match in scale to the Thanos, Iron Man and Spider-Man Mech's we're also getting this wave. I also kinda think that extra figure will be a Gwen Stacey figure after we got that Lego Spider-Man animated movie with her in it.

Would love to get that Gwen Stacy

This new Avengers wave sounds like a HUGE disappointment! Not based on Endgame, which was rumored, but still sad to confirm. Hope that at least minifigures are good. Not that interested in Spiderman sets tbh, sounds like a rehash of last years sets.

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, no War Machine? I was really hoping for Mark 7 War Machine. :( And I guess that leaked face from a while ago really is Black Panther. 

Well these aren't Endgame sets, so a new War Machine would be light years away, let alone the awesome Endgame suit

it kind of seems to me like they're very softly rebooting the entire superheroes line and have been since last year, Batman and Spider-Man got all their must-haves done last year, and now Avengers is getting the same treatment. Comic Mysterio and Venom are easy to see coming, they will always have characters that are in the movies on the shelves. this year it looks like DC is expanding out a little bit, with the collectible minifigure series, maybe the same will be true of the next wave for Avengers and Spider-Man?

So I guess the AIM soldier head leaked like a month ago. Not a helmet, kind of disappointing. I like the printing, but a molded helmet would be muuch better.

The disappointment being expressed is how I felt with last year’s abysmal Spider-Man wave but this might actually be worse. The number of variants LEGO keeps dumping out fot the same tired characters is honestly insulting. Marvel has hundreds of characters and we’re getting our third Venom, fifth Doctor Octopus, and fourth Vulture, to say the least. We’re on repeats from ten months ago now! Who the hell is designing these sets!

ALSO, we’ve waited YEARS for A.I.M. minions and LEGO couldn’t be troubled to make a helmet mold- their most defining characteristic! What the absolute hell were they thinking and why do the sets get worse with each passing year?!?!

To add further insult to injury, they’re only putting 1-2 figures in most sets now! All those wasted slots. It’s like they’re trying to spite collectors who don’t want to eat the same cheap hamburger 100x.

This might be the point where I jump ship. I would never have started collecting again if I knew the LEGO group was gonna throw this theme in the trash. Screw this. 

Edited by PARED

Damn, even though I had no expectations whatsoever I'm still disappointed. I will reserve my judgement for the setpictures but right now I'm not interested in any of these (really good for my wallet though!)

Speaking of Thanos, does anyone else think that he looks like this concept art?

Sorry if I seem fixated on Thanos but this current version really confuses me. I want to say that it’s based on the comics but the helmet looks way too off.

D45D0321-F099-4027-B9C0-441C2F3331C7.jpeg

Cmon Lego, ANOTHER Venom mech? I know he was absent from sets from 2013-2018 but now that you've given us the one from last year, we don't need 

a) another venom

b) another venom mech

And also, the avengers bike set with Black Panther I think will sell decently because classic Black P. And Aim soldiers are long wanted figs, but the other ones I doubt will sell too good. 

And that Thanos minifig is not bad, just don't like the helmet. They also could have given him one of those Chima shoulder pieces

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

They also could have given him one of those Chima shoulder pieces

Technically he could still have one of those pieces

The Avengers sets all sound great to me, aside from the endgame one. The Spider-Man ones could be nice, but I'll likely only get the Doc Ock one as long as the arms are nice. The Mysterio set just depends on the quality of the figure.

I can say I'm pretty happy overall, though the villain choices for Spidey do suck. 

25 minutes ago, PARED said:

ALSO, we’ve waited YEARS for A.I.M. minions and LEGO couldn’t be troubled to make a helmet mold- their most defining characteristic! What the absolute hell were they thinking and why do the sets get worse with each passing year?!?!

To add further insult to injury, they’re only putting 1-2 figures in most sets now! All those wasted slots. It’s like they’re trying to spite collectors who don’t want to eat the same cheap hamburger 100x.

Unless you've seen the entire final figure, you can't complain that LEGO haven't given AIM a new helmet mold. We don't know that yet.

And as for the figure count, all the Spider Man sets are under $30, so 1-3 figures is as much as we normally get, while the two biggest Avengers sets have 4 (in a $40) and 4 plus a big fig (in a $60), which is exactly as normal

I fully accept that I was wrong and it's comic BP.

Thanos figure looks good, but I won't be picking up the set

Might get iron man mech depending on which iron man is in it, same goes for mysterio.

Might buy the smaller avengers set too, interesting that AIM soldiers are the villians but only soldiers, not MODOK or anything. I'm also interested that they are AIM, a departure from the animated series, and the villians of the new game are AIM as well.

As for the spider-man sets, unless it's a comic mysterio or we see some very good new figure in the venom set, won't be buying any of those either.

1 hour ago, PARED said:

The disappointment being expressed is how I felt with last year’s abysmal Spider-Man wave but this might actually be worse. The number of variants LEGO keeps dumping out fot the same tired characters is honestly insulting. Marvel has hundreds of characters and we’re getting our third Venom, fifth Doctor Octopus, and fourth Vulture, to say the least. We’re on repeats from ten months ago now! Who the hell is designing these sets!

This might be the point where I jump ship. I would never have started collecting again if I knew the LEGO group was gonna throw this theme in the trash. Screw this. 

"All those wasted slots!" What do you mean? $10 set with 150 pieces wouldn't have 2 minfigs. $20 sets have 3 minifigs, so the one Spidey set has a wasted spot. $30 set with 3 minifigs is another wasted spot. $40 sets have 4 minfigures. $60 set with 4 minifigs and a bigfig sounds all right. 4+ sets have their own rules.

That's like 2 wasted spots, but notice that all the sets have amazing ppp ratio.