J4ck

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

with me deciding to cut down heavily on lego sets and prioritising on 2 main themes I will only get the upcoming spiderman sets if the builds and minifigures are worth getting although its still strange how there has still been no kingpin minifig

What are you focusing on? Marvel is a collect it all theme for me but there are days that make me question that commitment. So many sub-par and repeat builds, poor fig selection.. makes me wish I was an Overwatch fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Theres a part of me that thinks there won't be any Disney+ Marvel sets, because they are limited series on an exclusive streaming service, so they wouldn't necessarily have the same sized audience as a movie. I understand The Mandalorian getting sets, because Star Wars releases so many sets per year, based on all current and past properties, but Marvel usually has pretty minimum sets, unless its an Avengers movie

Stranger Things? 

Considering how much of Phase 4 comes from Disney+ I'd actually be really surprised if we didn't get any sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

they could do a £30 sized set for an actual rhino mech set similar to the hulkbuster and war machine buster

that'd be waaaay to big, but then again so are the busters.

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

 

The new Mandilorian set that's been revealed gives hope that the Disney+ Marvel show will follow and get sets of their own.

Yeah, and there'll be more than one Mandalorian (and I'm over the moon about that set, it's amazing) set, as we know bc of a torso that leaked, so this isn't a one-off and we'll be getting real prescence of at least some disney+ shows in lego.

6 hours ago, legoSDR said:

0049 confused me until I checked the wiki and apparently Tony built Rescue before Infinity War

I still think this was only done so we had all 51 of his suits known, he's never had a mk suit specifically made for another person only before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some suits I hope we get:

Bosco Suit

Bombastic Bagman

Velocity Suit

Electro-Proof Suit

Homemade Suit (Doesn't have to be MCU version)

Superior Spider-Man Suit

Scarlet-Spider (Kaine)

White 2099 Suit

Noir Suit

ITSV Miles Suit

ITSV Peter Suit

Battle Damaged Suit (I can dream, can't I?)

Symbiote Suit (Please?)

Spider-Punk Suit

If atleast one of these suits come in the 2020 sets then I'll be content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Here are some suits I hope we get:

Bosco Suit

Bombastic Bagman

Velocity Suit

(editor snipped rest of the list to avoid having too long a qoute)

If atleast one of these suits come in the 2020 sets then I'll be content.

Velocity suit might be a possibility seeing as we're getting a velocity suited spider man ps4  comic series soon, so if this is truly based on the comics then maybe.

But the bombastic bag man wouldn't come until after fantastic four sets, as much as we need a giant bombastic bagman statue in the same vein as that yoda set they revealed just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing: even if we don't get anymore cinematic Spidey sets, Lego will try their best to include the comic versions of characters from the movie. For example, although TASM 2 never got any sets besides the polybag, we did get Electro, Green Goblin, and Rhino mech in that year's Spidey sets. We also got Venom and Spiderverse characters in the past Spidey wave, although none of the sets are based on those films.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Here are some suits I hope we get:

Bosco Suit

Bombastic Bagman

Velocity Suit

Electro-Proof Suit

Homemade Suit (Doesn't have to be MCU version)

Superior Spider-Man Suit

Scarlet-Spider (Kaine)

White 2099 Suit

Noir Suit

ITSV Miles Suit

ITSV Peter Suit

Battle Damaged Suit (I can dream, can't I?)

Symbiote Suit (Please?)

Spider-Punk Suit

If atleast one of these suits come in the 2020 sets then I'll be content.

Pretty sure we're gonna get some new variants, if not new multiverse Spider-Men in the upcoming wave. Fingers crossed for Bosco suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Velocity suit might be a possibility seeing as we're getting a velocity suited spider man ps4  comic series soon, so if this is truly based on the comics then maybe.

I wonder how the Disney-Sony fallout will effect the Marvel Game-verse. Let's hope it doesn't effect the next Spider-Man game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder how the Disney-Sony fallout will effect the Marvel Game-verse. Let's hope it doesn't effect the next Spider-Man game.

Don't worry. I think Spider-Man ps4 game (if that's what you're referring to) is made entirely by Sony, Disney Marvel was not involved in that.

Edited by HarryVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryVader said:

Don't worry. I think Spider-Man ps4 game (if that's what you're referring to) is made entirely by Sony, Disney Marvel was not involved in that.

Yes, but it was said that Marvel was working with Sony to create a Game-verse and that they were thinking of setting the new Avengers game in the same universe (there's a reference to them "working on the west coast" in SM-PS4). With them now having a falling out, I wonder if Disney will scrap that idea now or if the sequel to this Spidey game will have to remove the Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers tower or the FF suits...

I also wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the Velocity comic if this doesn't get resolved. I mean, it's the same company that cancelled Fantastic Four because Fox had a movie coming out... :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Yes, but it was said that Marvel was working with Sony to create a Game-verse and that they were thinking of setting the new Avengers game in the same universe (there's a reference to them "working on the west coast" in SM-PS4). With them now having a falling out, I wonder if Disney will scrap that idea now or if the sequel to this Spidey game will have to remove the Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers tower or the FF suits...

 I also wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the Velocity comic if this doesn't get resolved. I mean, it's the same company that cancelled Fantastic Four because Fox had a movie coming out... :roflmao:

Yeah that would be terrible. I was hoping to actually get sets based on the Spider-Man PS4 games... 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76151 is a Marvel set (while 75159 is a DC set) I think it might be the Black Widow set from March. Thanks to @Falconfan1414

Very excited! Can’t wait to get the MCU Taskmaster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder how the Disney-Sony fallout will effect the Marvel Game-verse. Let's hope it doesn't effect the next Spider-Man game.

Don't worry, Spider-Man 2 has been in the works for almost a year now so there must be a contract saying Marvel must cooperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, KevinMD said:

What are you focusing on? Marvel is a collect it all theme for me but there are days that make me question that commitment. So many sub-par and repeat builds, poor fig selection.. makes me wish I was an Overwatch fan. 

my main focuses now are Jurassic world and hidden side sets , I will only get the new spider man sets if the builds are worth it and has new spider man villains

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder how the Disney-Sony fallout will effect the Marvel Game-verse. Let's hope it doesn't effect the next Spider-Man game.

 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't worry, Spider-Man 2 has been in the works for almost a year now so there must be a contract saying Marvel must cooperate.

Marvel studios has literally no input on the game, sony just bought the game studio that made it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Marvel studios has literally no input on the game, sony just bought the game studio that made it too.

I'm not saying they have any input, but they are still the owners of the license

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not saying they have any input, but they are still the owners of the license

Ok if you know they have no input how would it affect the next game? Marvel studios can't tell them to just not make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok if you know they have no input how would it affect the next game? Marvel studios can't tell them to just not make it.

They have no input in the story, but they do have a licensing contract. If they choose not to continue the contract they could technically put a halt to the franchise, though that would be an incredibly stupid decision because I'm pretty sure this is the highest grossing superhero game ever. Like I said earlier, we have nothing to worry about when it comes to Spidey PS4 (except for LEGO making more con-exclusives, but that's a completely different discussion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

 

Here are some suits I hope we get:

Bosco Suit

 

I’ve seen the film twice and I have absolutely  no idea why everyone calls it the Bosco suit. 

I’m sure there’s an excellent reason and I suppose I could Google it but it seems more amusing/appropriate to just wonder...

https://giphy.com/gifs/seinfeld-X1vk0el48bo2Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I’ve seen the film twice and I have absolutely  no idea why everyone calls it the Bosco suit. 

I’m sure there’s an excellent reason and I suppose I could Google it but it seems more amusing/appropriate to just wonder...

https://giphy.com/gifs/seinfeld-X1vk0el48bo2Y

I also have no idea. At first everyone called it the Ditko Suit, then it became the black and red suit and now it's the Bosco Suit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nobody knows where this suit name came from? This is too perfect. I hope we never find out!

The Rogue's Wallet. That's where he kept his card, his dirty little secret. Short, devious, balding. his name was Costanza. He killed my mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ReversibleSedgewick said:

So nobody knows where this suit name came from? This is too perfect. I hope we never find out!

With a quick Google search, it was the test name for the the film, which was in fact taken from Seinfeld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody have any idea how to make a good white armoured valkyrie without using the jedi chancellor legs and torso? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope we'll get What If? and Moonknight sets! That Captain Brittan version of Peggy Carter looks f***n awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.