Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Almost every Star Wars set is based on something incredibly old, and likely updated from a set 3 years ago. Rebels didn't get many sets, Resistance has only had two.

But you're right, Avengers Assemble never really had a big audience as Clone Wars, probably why it's been cancelled now. So I doubt these sets would be based on the show, but rather a comic based wave, maybe with a tint of MCU to please some fans, with hopefully at least Scale Cap

Yeah, I just don't think Avengers Assemble sets would really sell right now. Lego should prob release the comic sets and throw in Endgame figures here and there to please us fans

I think the mechs will be comic style designs. Just like the micro racers, but less cartoony. While the mcu designs are nice for mcu lovers, comic designs are the iconic ones. 

The best way is to give us each wave a mix of both worlds, comic and mcu. 

The Junior Mysterio set probably will be a comicstyled set, so i am really eager to see how that one will turn out!

guys, avengers assemble is still going, they just change the subtitle every year or so. This year, as I've had ground into my head while watching the resistance show, is like "black panther's quest" or something.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

guys, avengers assemble is still going, they just change the subtitle every year or so. This year, as I've had ground into my head while watching the resistance show, is like "black panther's quest" or something.

True but it does look like it has been cancelled. Season 5 ended in february according to IMDB and there has been no talk about a future season (none that I can find at least)

Don't know if this is the place to share it but according to IGN Spider-Man is now officially gone from the MCU because Sony and Disney can't come to a deal.

Welp.... that sucks

Edited by Guyon2002

7 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Spider-Man is out of the MCU... so no more MCU Spidey sets for us??? ?

Yup, probably only comic-inspired sets from here on :hmpf_bad: I intend to fully boycott whatever rubbish Sony will put out without Marvel Studios, so I sincerely hope there won't be any sets based on that

Honestly I am not to sad about this Lego wise. I vastly prefer getting comic book based sets over movie based ones and the Spider-Man comic based sets have been some of the best Super Heroes sets around. The bridge is still my favorite Marvel set to date I think.

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

True but it does look like it has been cancelled. Season 5 ended in february according to IMDB and there has been no talk about a future season (none that I can find at least)

Don't know if this is the place to share it but according to IGN Spider-Man is now officially gone from the MCU because Sony and Disney can't come to a deal.

Welp.... that sucks

14 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Spider-Man is out of the MCU... so no more MCU Spidey sets for us??? ?

CALM DOWN EVERYONE. We don't know if this is true, and if it is, I'm sure marvel will find a way. They can make a better deal or buy it from sony if they have too. If very worst comes to worst sony will see all the fan backlash and might have to sell the rights back.

I still believe they’ll reach a new deal. But if not, the FFH sets could be the last cinematic Spidey sets we see in a long while

Well it's not like the next MCU Spidey would have been for another two years, and we most definitely aren't done with comic book Spider Man sets, there's too many characters we still need. It is sure a tragic loss, but LEGO wise, it's not something we need to concern ourselves with for a few years now

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's gonna suck if all we're getting in terms of Spider-Man movies is like Venom, that movie sucked 

Ok, I think marvel will fix this, but if they don't and make their venom/spider man crossover thing, when it bombs, they might sell him back. And marvel can probably pressure sony into letting them buy him if they have too, they're part of of the company that bought fox.

I do wonder if we can still get cinematic Spidey sets, that is assuming the deal is actually over. Marvel still owns the licensing rights to all the Spidey toys and I don’t think they’ll pass up the opportunity to make money even if they’re no longer directly involved in future Spidey films.

That being said, I think it is absolutely crucial that we get the Bosco suit now. We might never get the chance again...

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I do wonder if we can still get cinematic Spidey sets, that is assuming the deal is actually over. Marvel still owns the licensing rights to all the Spidey toys and I don’t think they’ll pass up the opportunity to make money even if they’re no longer directly involved in future Spidey films.

That being said, I think it is absolutely crucial that we get the Bosco suit now. We might never get the chance again...

1, yes. Although I'm not 100% sure we'd have seen it in spider-man 3, to me it felt like more of an anti-mysterio suit, though that's just my opinion. They did manage to show him in 5 suits in ffh, so it'd probably have at least a cameo i guess, like the homemade did in ffh. 

Lego didn't make sets for venom, TASM 1 or 2 except for a single polybag, or spider verse, so I don't know if we'd get sony sets.

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

1, yes. Although I'm not 100% sure we'd have seen it in spider-man 3, to me it felt like more of an anti-mysterio suit, though that's just my opinion. They did manage to show him in 5 suits in ffh, so it'd probably have at least a cameo i guess, like the homemade did in ffh. 

Lego didn't make sets for venom, TASM 1 or 2 except for a single polybag, or spider verse, so I don't know if we'd get sony sets.

In fairness the various spiders in this year’s ‘comics’ sets were pretty obviously efforts to tie in with Spider-Verse. (I suspect that 2099 was included because someone comic savvy at Lego went “They’re doing Spider-Verse? Then they HAVE to be using 2099, make his minifigure!” And then they saw the movie and went “Wait, no 2099? What?”) and we’ll probably see Noir or Spider-Ham in an upcoming set for next year. I can only assume Kingpin got vetoed because he’s not dangerous enough and can’t carry a set as the included villain.

But I hope we’d get Sony sets. Surely Lego can sort out something. 

Even if the end of the deal is permanent we should still get at least one more MCU Spidey outing.

Sony's deal with Disney was for 6 Spider-Man appearances (I believe); Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame, Far From Home, and Spidey 3

Tom Holland's contract is with Dinsey not Sony (again I believe this is the case) which is also for 6 appearances.

So even with the Sony deal coming to an end Spider-Man 3 should be happening to honour the current contract. Which means we could hopefully get one more suit out of the MCU in Spider-Man 3. 

What's up in the air is whether LEGO would be allowed to make any figures of the suits already in the Disney movies. For example, after the deal ends would LEGO be able to make a homemade suit from Homecoming? I'm not sure how the licensing would work with that. If the answer is no then we have to hope that they give us a Homemade and Bosco suit before this deal ends, they have plenty of time

Just now, legoSDR said:

What's up in the air is whether LEGO would be allowed to make any figures of the suits already in the Disney movies. For example, after the deal ends would LEGO be able to make a homemade suit from Homecoming? I'm not sure how the licensing would work with that. If the answer is no then we have to hope that they give us a Homemade and Bosco suit before this deal ends, they have plenty of time

I believe Marvel still owns the merchandise rights to Spider-Man so that wouldn't be a problem

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I believe Marvel still owns the merchandise rights to Spider-Man so that wouldn't be a problem

Definitely for the Spider-Man comics/shows, but not the Spider-Man movies. So I guess they could just do what they did with Iron Man and put MCU figs in comic sets

Yeah, not surprised by Disney and Sony falling out. One of the greediest corporations on earth teaming up with one of the dumbest was never going to end well. Could result in a drop off in the amount of Spider-Man sets, don't promote your competition and all that. Although, I think Disney own the animated shows, so maybe not?

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Yeah, not surprised by Disney and Sony falling out. One of the greediest corporations on earth teaming up with one of the dumbest was never going to end well. Could result in a drop off in the amount of Spider-Man sets, don't promote your competition and all that. Although, I think Disney own the animated shows, so maybe not?

It could (that's why we never saw F4 merchandise), but Spider-Man has always been the biggest seller. Even before the MCU / Sony deal we got quite a lot of Spidey sets (just not tie-in ones). I expect we'll keep getting them since he still makes Disney an absolute fortune. 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

It could (that's why we never saw F4 merchandise), but Spider-Man has always been the biggest seller. Even before the MCU / Sony deal we got quite a lot of Spidey sets (just not tie-in ones). I expect we'll keep getting them since he still makes Disney an absolute fortune. 

Before this year the sets were all to tie in with Ultimate Spider-Man, however indirectly. (They kinda lost the plot with the 2016 wave but still.) But that show’s cancelled now. They do seem to be trying to make LEGO Spider-Man as much of a thing as LEGO Batman is, though. So . . {shrugs}

7 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

please watch this, very informative and Grace has contacts in the biz. don't freak out.

TD;LW Too long didnt watch

Edited by LuxorV
Please, do not quote videos. Thank you.

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

CALM DOWN EVERYONE. We don't know if this is true, and if it is, I'm sure marvel will find a way. They can make a better deal or buy it from sony if they have too. If very worst comes to worst sony will see all the fan backlash and might have to sell the rights back.

It is true, there is nothing we can do as both studios are being a hardass about this whole ordeal

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're forgetting that, as @Feng-huang0296 pointed out, we did get Spider-verse characters in the regular wave coinciding with the film. Also, are you forgetting this barely disguised movie version?

c23f4706ac319caa32950e8348c79351.jpg

Edited by Brick Cucumber