J4ck

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Ebay is almost always higher than a BrickLink. Bricklink is still a lego community.

Well, crap

Wallet is screwed either way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait if it is a comic wave, what do you think the dark blue iron man helmet that leaked with a production code from this year is for? what else except a war machine mark 7?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, The NexoNinja said:

wait if it is a comic wave, what do you think the dark blue iron man helmet that leaked with a production code from this year is for? what else except a war machine mark 7?

I still (for some reason) believe that this is a wave with a mix of comic and Endgame elements. Again, LEGO has thrown in movie figures in comic sets before.

Edited by HarryVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The NexoNinja said:

wait if it is a comic wave, what do you think the dark blue iron man helmet that leaked with a production code from this year is for? what else except a war machine mark 7?

There's a plethera of comic and other suits with Blue helmets. But it might lend itself to the idea that we're getting the updated War Machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The NexoNinja said:

wait if it is a comic wave, what do you think the dark blue iron man helmet that leaked with a production code from this year is for? what else except a war machine mark 7?

It wouldn't be the first time mcu figures are in comic sets, but I don't think it will happen. It maybe for comic iron patriot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

It wouldn't be the first time mcu figures are in comic sets, but I don't think it will happen. It maybe for comic iron patriot? 

Comic Iron Patriot wears a red helmet so I doubt that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

Comic Iron Patriot wears a red helmet so I doubt that's the case.

Ah right yes. Norman is iron patriot in the comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

It wouldn't be the first time mcu figures are in comic sets, but I don't think it will happen. It maybe for comic iron patriot? 

Could be Patriot - either a movie or comic version (comic version has been blue before). Could be a suit from Iron Man 3's House Party Protocol, and just like the scuba and space suits be put into a comic set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Could be Patriot - either a movie or comic version (comic version has been blue before). Could be a suit from Iron Man 3's House Party Protocol, and just like the scuba and space suits be put into a comic set

Could you point me to the comic where he was blue? Only know comic version from Dark Avengers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Could you point me to the comic where he was blue? Only know comic version from Dark Avengers

Google it and it shows a mix of both blue variants and red variants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The NexoNinja said:

wait if it is a comic wave, what do you think the dark blue iron man helmet that leaked with a production code from this year is for? what else except a war machine mark 7?

Mark 7's faceplate isn't gold, unless i missed something in that leak.

15 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I still (for some reason) believe that this is a wave with a mix of comic and Endgame elements. Again, LEGO has thrown in movie figures in comic sets before.

I agree, they can't make it purely comics-based with no MCU figures. 

Also, I'd like to point out that we've never really had comic sets except for the most recent spider-man wave, nearly everything else has been MCU or based on a cartoon. There are a few set exceptions, like detroit steel strikes, but even then everything but the iron man suit was either in agents of shield or the avengers cartoon. Speaking of the avengers cartoon, a quick google search shows that this year's cartoon was based specifically on black panther, which does make the "leaked head" seem more legit, but the cartoon costume seems so close to the MCU one if the head is legit it might just be comics-based. Also, apparently zemo plays a big role in the cartoon, so if these are based on it, maybe we get zemo a year earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There are a few set exceptions, like detroit steel strikes, but even then everything but the iron man suit was either in agents of shield or the avengers cartoon. 

For sure. Detroit Steel set was overall comics but the Lola car concept is pretty much from the Agents of Shield show. Again I believe that LEGO would want to take advantage of the biggest movie of all time. They gotta throw some MCU stuff in there to boost the sales.

Edited by HarryVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where i can find HD images of the marvel sets artwork that appear on the boxes? 

Its normally included in the press release.

I can't seem to load any photos no matter how small the size! does anyone else have this problem?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Does anyone know where i can find HD images of the marvel sets artwork that appear on the boxes? 

Its normally included in the press release.

I can't seem to load any photos no matter how small the size! does anyone else have this problem?

 

You mean the artwork without all of the numbers and stuff right?

most times it's on amazon, normally the 3rd or 4th photo

Edited by DeCommander96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Google it and it shows a mix of both blue variants and red variants

The blue variant appears to be based off the MCU version. I doubt that they'd waste that opportunity and make the same figure twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Does anyone know where i can find HD images of the marvel sets artwork that appear on the boxes? 

Its normally included in the press release.

I can't seem to load any photos no matter how small the size! does anyone else have this problem?

 

ill go and have a look!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

You mean the artwork without all of the numbers and stuff right?

most times it's on amazon, normally the 3rd or 4th photo

ah ok so Amazon had a few that i couldn't find before.

but only sets from Ant-Man onwards have that artwork released.

Edited by BusterNut31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

For sure. Detroit Steel set was overall comics but the Lola car concept is pretty much from the Agents of Shield show. Again I believe that LEGO would want to take advantage of the biggest movie of all time. They gotta throw some MCU stuff in there to boost the sales.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The blue variant appears to be based off the MCU version. I doubt that they'd waste that opportunity and make the same figure twice.

I wouldn't mind another iron patriot, one that's not $40, but yeah it's extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The blue variant appears to be based off the MCU version. I doubt that they'd waste that opportunity and make the same figure twice.

Maybe we saw different ones because I saw plenty of versions

Either way I'd like an Iron Patriot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

ah ok so Amazon had a few that i couldn't find before.

but only sets from Ant-Man onwards have that artwork released.

Ah ok, which set were you looking for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Ah ok, which set were you looking for?

Captain America Civil War - Crossbones' Hazard Heist

Cap Civil War - Superhero Airport Battle 

All of the Age of Ultron sets

Ant-man set

Thor Ragnarok - Arena Clash

All of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 sets 2014

avengers 2012 sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Maybe we saw different ones because I saw plenty of versions

Either way I'd like an Iron Patriot

I don't think iron patriot will show up in this wave unless it's the mcu one from endgame. We already got the iron man 3 one, and the other one (dark avengers one) uses a red helmet so it doesn't fit the leak.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Captain America Civil War - Crossbones' Hazard Heist

Cap Civil War - Superhero Airport Battle 

All of the Age of Ultron sets

Ant-man set

Thor Ragnarok - Arena Clash

All of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 sets 2014

avengers 2012 sets

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Captain America Civil War - Crossbones' Hazard Heist

Cap Civil War - Superhero Airport Battle 

All of the Age of Ultron sets

Ant-man set

Thor Ragnarok - Arena Clash

All of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 sets 2014

avengers 2012 sets

It’s not head on but the lego store should still have pix of them, albeit with the box info on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 14 August 2019 at 10:13 AM, BusterNut31 said:

Captain America Civil War - Crossbones' Hazard Heist

Cap Civil War - Superhero Airport Battle 

All of the Age of Ultron sets

Ant-man set

Thor Ragnarok - Arena Clash

All of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 sets 2014

avengers 2012 sets

How about instruction booklets?

Mind you, they still have the theme name and set number

 

Edited by DeCommander96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if Lego would make a version of a character from an r rated movie? Like Deadpool colossus in an x men set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member