Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Now, say if we get a minifigure sized Infinity Gauntlet, and say that this Thanos is from the comics, as most people here are saying, should the layout of Stones in the Gauntlet be from the comics, or the MCU. Of course I'm just guessing that there'll be a Gauntlet, just wanna see what people think

Wasn't expecting a minifigure of Thanos. I think the scale of the big fig suits him better but the print for the head still looks pretty cool.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Comics Thanos is such a trash character compared to MCU Thanos. He causes chaos and stuff just to try and pull a girl? It's pathetic and unoriginal, and makes the character a total joke. MCU Thanos is an improvement in pretty much every single aspect. They made him sympathetic, not a White Knight to Lady Death, gave him a better backstory, changed his obsession and mission for the better, blah blah blah.

You should read Thanos Wins, by Donny Cates.

PS: Really glad to see we're finally getting a Thanos minifig, to not be so off topic :laugh:

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Straight up hate this comment. The MCU basically ruined Thanos for me. The closest we had to comic Thanos was the cut scene where he was supposed to come to the future with Cap's decapitated head.
Glad we're finally getting the badass evil Thanos we always deserved.

That's comic thanos though, not MCU thanos. In addition, he didn't have red eyes in the OG infinity gauntlet comics anyway, and furthermore thanos in the MCU is an actual understandable villian, flawed by his insanity but he sees what he's doing as right and avoids killing the avengers to let the snap decide.

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Yeah, it’s super annoying to see a minifig image under the hashtag only to find out that it’s fake, custom, or from years ago...

yeah, I hate that. We need to retake legoleaks

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Comics Thanos is such a trash character compared to MCU Thanos. He causes chaos and stuff just to try and pull a girl? It's pathetic and unoriginal, and makes the character a total joke. MCU Thanos is an improvement in pretty much every single aspect. They made him sympathetic, not a White Knight to Lady Death, gave him a better backstory, changed his obsession and mission for the better, blah blah blah. 

Exactly. 

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yeah, I hate that. We need to retake legoleaks

Straight up tell people you're muting them because of their spam. Then block them, eventually they'll have to stop because of how it stifles their growth.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The motivations for him killing half the universe are plain stupid

He's a madman thrown out by his own civilization, his people all ended up dying because they didn't do what he suggested: wipe out half the population. To prevent this from happening to other planets/people he wants to randomly kill half of all living things. 

If that's not good motivation I don't know what is (taking in mind he is a madman)

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Straight up tell people you're muting them because of their spam. Then block them, eventually they'll have to stop because of how it stifles their growth.

I just block right away, no exceptions. I've blocked a lot of users who actually had stuff that may have been of interest - I just have zero tolerance for spam. Out of curiosity it would be interesting to see how many people I've blocked, but not sure if that is possible.

10 hours ago, hachiroku said:

PS: Really glad to see we're finally getting a Thanos minifig, to not be so off topic :laugh:

And also read Thanos returns by Jeff Lemire, it really goes into his backstory

The Thanos minifig head looks nice, I wonder what it means regarding the sets rumored(?) for October/November.
As many already stated, it could still be for an Endgame set (the use of an Axl type body configuration could still end up very nice), but I think a comic related set could also be very nice for a change, not to mention bring some other interesting figs.

Regards,
Mitch

4 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

The Thanos minifig head is nice. Interestingly, it does not have an alternate face print. It could imply a bald Thanos minifig, based on the IW version.

People are saying it's not as it has red eyes 

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

The eyes are indeed odd for the IW version. But then, what are the bald versions of Thanos in the comics? The farmer Thanos?

13 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Yeah, I have. Still think he's inferior to MCU Thanos.

29 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Although I do believe this is the comic Thanos, here’s a wishful thinking: what if this “mech” set is based on the Thanos vs Scarlet Witch scene from Endgame? Maybe Thanos’ eyes are red because he’s being controlled by Wanda? Maybe we can get a new Scarlet Witch figure? Just a super wishful thinking here.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

He's a madman thrown out by his own civilization, his people all ended up dying because they didn't do what he suggested: wipe out half the population. To prevent this from happening to other planets/people he wants to randomly kill half of all living things. 

If that's not good motivation I don't know what is (taking in mind he is a madman)

Yeah, this is better then "he has a crush on the female embodiment of death"

28 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

The eyes are indeed odd for the IW version. But then, what are the bald versions of Thanos in the comics? The farmer Thanos?

It's possible he has a helmet and they just didn't bother giving him an alternate face, or they just aren't bothering to make him a new helmet mold. when in doubt, assume budget constraints.

@HarryVader hold up, I don't think thanos is ever controlled by scarlet witch, just attacked by and his eyes never go red, and they would give us an alternate face if they were trying to show that anyway.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@HarryVader hold up, I don't think thanos is ever controlled by scarlet witch, just attacked by and his eyes never go red, and they would give us an alternate face if they were trying to show that anyway.

I said that wrong. I meant to control as in incapacitating him and causing him to rise to the sky. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Again, I’m just thinking maybe that’s how LEGO represents Thanos being attacked by Scarlet Witch? Well, maybe I thought too much haha.

Edited by HarryVader

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I said that wrong. I meant to control as in incapacitating him and causing him to rise to the sky. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Again, I’m just thinking maybe that’s how LEGO represents Thanos being attacked by Scarlet Witch? Well, maybe I thought too much haha.

Knowing Lego that would be an alternate head or a cmf variant. Yes I know, they don't do marvel cmfs but if they did that thanos would be in it

12 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I just block right away, no exceptions. I've blocked a lot of users who actually had stuff that may have been of interest - I just have zero tolerance for spam. Out of curiosity it would be interesting to see how many people I've blocked, but not sure if that is possible.

You can see it in your account settings

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Although I do believe this is the comic Thanos, here’s a wishful thinking: what if this “mech” set is based on the Thanos vs Scarlet Witch scene from Endgame? Maybe Thanos’ eyes are red because he’s being controlled by Wanda? Maybe we can get a new Scarlet Witch figure? Just a super wishful thinking here.

Thats very wishfull thinking

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can see it in your account settings

Thats very wishfull thinking

Lego have done stuff like that in the past though

p.s. Actually no they haven't,my bad I was thinking about something else

Edited by DeCommander96

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Knowing Lego that would be an alternate head or a cmf variant. Yes I know, they don't do marvel cmfs but if they did that thanos would be in it

Knowing lego, we wouldn't get a thanos alternate head.

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I don't know if they'd choose that, it might just be to stylize him for the mech type sets.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know if they'd choose that, it might just be to stylize him for the mech type sets.

I meant expression

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:
5 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

The real outlier here is even the suggestion of a Marvel CMF... I'm still shocked that we're getting a DC one, but Stranger Things have happened recently (I'm sorry).

Edited by Brick Cucumber

What if,(warning: the following contains a bunch of wishful thinking) the head of thanos that has been revealed is his decapitated head from a set where he got decapitated and Lego is getting more violent and gory with marvel ?

im kidding,calm down 

Edited by DeCommander96

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

What if,(warning: the following contains a bunch of wishful thinking) the head of thanos that has been revealed is his decapitated head from a set where he got decapitated and Lego is getting more violent and gory with marvel ?

im kidding,calm down 

Haha! So the red eyes are really... wow if this is true (which it’s clearly not) LEGO is going all out with the gore. 

4 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Haha! So the red eyes are really... wow if this is true (which it’s clearly not) LEGO is going all out with the gore. 

Ikr! Hopefully we'll get Friday the 13th Lego sets!

And John Wick sets!

And a zombie apocalypse!