Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Looking likely that this won't all be based on Endgame. I just hope that Ironman is a new variant. 

Even if it's not accurate and will have random builds. If they manage to throw in Worthy Cap, Bro Thor, Ronin and probably Iron Patriot V2 hell, no one will even care about the builds. 

Builds = Kids

Figures = Adults

Everybody's happy. :blush:

52 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Builds = Kids

Figures = Adults

Parts = Kids and Adults 

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Looking likely that this won't all be based on Endgame. I just hope that Ironman is a new variant. 

Even if it's not accurate and will have random builds. If they manage to throw in Worthy Cap, Bro Thor, Ronin and probably Iron Patriot V2 hell, no one will even care about the builds. 

Builds = Kids

Figures = Adults

So are we still getting Endgame figures? Or are some of these sets just based purely on comics?

Even if the sets are based on the comics the figs could still possibly resemble movie characters. Just like the scuba and space iron man from a few years back

Edited by legoSDR

Just now, legoSDR said:

Even if the sets are based on the comics the figs could still possibly resemble movie characters. Just like the scuba and space iron man from a few years back

That makes sense. I don't want Lego to just start making comic Avengers minifigs when they still have so many Endgame figs to make!

23 hours ago, ood0 said:

Uh, just looked at the amount of parts for the buildable figure I linked, and it's almost the same number as the Thanos/Iron Man mech. The bionicle style buildable figures have jumped from theme to theme in the past too, like originally they had a superheroes line of them. I'm 99% sure that they're going to turn out to be one of them at this point.

Sue me if you have to, but I am completely down for the idea of these being buildable figures. If that's what they are then I hope they do well, because if a couple of movies down they line they do a Starlord (in helmet) buildable figure which is to the same standard as the best of the Star Wars ones, then I will crawl over all of you to get my hands on it. In fact, give me a full GotG buildable figure set. Tiny little Rocket perched on a General Grievous sized Groot? Yes please.

15 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

That makes sense. I don't want Lego to just start making comic Avengers minifigs when they still have so many Endgame figs to make!

Obviously I'd much rather them be actual Endgame sets, but this would at least sweeten the deal if they end up just being comic sets. Cap, Thor, Nebula and Rocket could easily be from the comics/animated shows and still look like the movie versions. Maybe not so much for Thanos and Hawkeye/Ronin

18 minutes ago, Reversible_Sedgewick said:

Sue me if you have to, but I am completely down for the idea of these being buildable figures. If that's what they are then I hope they do well, because if a couple of movies down they line they do a Starlord (in helmet) buildable figure which is to the same standard as the best of the Star Wars ones, then I will crawl over all of you to get my hands on it. In fact, give me a full GotG buildable figure set. Tiny little Rocket perched on a General Grievous sized Groot? Yes please.

You'll be hearing from my lawyers:iamded_lol:

11 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

You'll be hearing from my lawyers:iamded_lol:

:)

The more I think about it, the more this'll be worth the court time. Mask&goggles Winter Soldier with a big grenade launcher? YES. Ronan with a cape and a big hammer with an infinity stone in it? YES. Falcon with poseable wings? YES. Buildable figures are where it's at, you need to get on board!

3 minutes ago, Reversible_Sedgewick said:

The more I think about it, the more this'll be worth the court time. Mask&goggles Winter Soldier with a big grenade launcher? YES. Ronan with a cape and a big hammer with an infinity stone in it? YES. Falcon with poseable wings? YES. Buildable figures are where it's at, you need to get on board!

Haha those would be awesome! I like buildable figures too! However buildable figures are not very lego-like. IMO they just lack the charm that good old Lego bricks and minifigs have. That's probably why many people disliked them (myself not included) and why Lego discontinued them. 

10 minutes ago, Reversible_Sedgewick said:

Far be it from me to poopoo the idea. I quite like the Star Wars buildables, Chewie being one of my absolute favourites (and centre piece of my display) but I don't think it will happen unfortunately. No matter how cool movie accurate characters would look

6 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Far be it from me to poopoo the idea. I quite like the Star Wars buildables, Chewie being one of my absolute favourites (and centre piece of my display) but I don't think it will happen unfortunately. No matter how cool movie accurate characters would look

I think you've nailed it with "movie accurate"... It's probably unfair of me but if I'm honest, I'd be less excited if they were comics styled (the ones from 2012 didn't float my boat). Chewie was great, and the Speeder Bike was a blinding set, really enjoyable to build and perfect for display. That was a really interesting avenue for the line (more build, less figure) which it's a shame they didn't pursue. I know there were rumours about a Trooper walker but that never materialised. I can't think of many things from the Marvel films which would fit that vehicle/accessory slot, unfortunately. Just Loki's chariot and the occasional bike, I guess.

Oh no. Black Panther surfing on a Lexus. Now I've pictured that that's all I'm going to want. Unlikely piece count be damned!

15 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't see why Lego keep giving Spider-Man vehicles. It's just gawdy and doesn't fit the character nor is it iconic to the series. I don't see why they don't do small playsets like the great TLBM sets and the BRILLIANT Spider-Man 2 sets. Those New York / cityscape builds were not only amazing, but interesting and eye-catching. I don't see why they keep giving us terrible Red Blue mechs. There's a reason that the Venice set is one of the best received sets of the Far From Home line.

Don't forget Doc Ock's pointless mech, Spiderman's Spider-shaped mech.

Oh right, they must have slipped my mind as well as that Mr Freeze mech for DC

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

the problem with mechs in marvel to me is a result of the simplification of the builds too, compare the War Machine buster to the likes of the Oni-Titan, the Egghead mech, triple decker couch or Lex Luther 2018 mech. Those are all amazingly designed, but the war machine one is just awful

I actually really like the War Machine Buster, only issue I have with it is how 75% of the build is the 2018 Hulkbuster with different colors

24 minutes ago, Reversible_Sedgewick said:

I think you've nailed it with "movie accurate"... It's probably unfair of me but if I'm honest, I'd be less excited if they were comics styled (the ones from 2012 didn't float my boat). Chewie was great, and the Speeder Bike was a blinding set, really enjoyable to build and perfect for display. That was a really interesting avenue for the line (more build, less figure) which it's a shame they didn't pursue. I know there were rumours about a Trooper walker but that never materialised. I can't think of many things from the Marvel films which would fit that vehicle/accessory slot, unfortunately. Just Loki's chariot and the occasional bike, I guess.

Oh no. Black Panther surfing on a Lexus. Now I've pictured that that's all I'm going to want. Unlikely piece count be damned!

I wish I had the speeder!

Yeah so I don't think they're buildable figs. Just mechs. But what kind of mech is the big question

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually really like the War Machine Buster, only issue I have with it is how 75% of the build is the 2018 Hulkbuster with different colors

It's a good idea,only executed poorly. I hate how the set has no elbow movement other than side to side and is fixed into 1 position

Lego have made a contest entry tweet for the Spidey SDCC fig.

Interestingly, the rules page lists that they're giving out 5 of each Comic-Con exclusives over the next few days. Expect an entry tweet for the ASIS set later today I guess.

1 hour ago, Reversible_Sedgewick said:

The walker was cancelled unfortunately, along with a B2 Super Battle Droid. There was leaked preliminary boxart and everything. I'm not expecting to see any Marvel sets like that since the Star Wars sets apparently sold so poorly that they cancelled sets only months away from being on shelves.

30 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

The walker was cancelled unfortunately, along with a B2 Super Battle Droid. There was leaked preliminary boxart and everything. I'm not expecting to see any Marvel sets like that since the Star Wars sets apparently sold so poorly that they cancelled sets only months away from being on shelves.

Yes, you are probably right. But when folks suggested it earlier, it did get the imagination fired up. Three "mech" sets with similar piece counts (Iron Man / Thanos / Spiderman) is admittedly weird. Particularly with Thanos being in the mix; you could even just about re-use the BigFig Infinity Gauntlet(s) on a buildable figure without it looking weird!

It's a shame, I think the designers were starting to hit their stride with the Star Wars ones, they just needed to solve that annoying gappy area around the kidneys on the non-robot characters. Until the Marvel sets get officially announced I think I'll keep a small flame alive that the style might be thrown a lifeline. Maybe they burned out by doing too many minor characters from the then-unreleased Star Wars Story films (and one odd-looking Han Solo) but are thinking that the big-name Marvel characters stand more of a chance on the shelves.  

Someone mentioned how they want iron man with the gauntlet, but knowing Lego it would either be a gauntlet printed on a hand (which they don't do) or a brick build one. The current gauntlet is for a big fig hand and unless they make an iron man big fig it won't fit. I hope we do get gauntlet iron man but I don't see how they would do it

15 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Someone mentioned how they want iron man with the gauntlet, but knowing Lego it would either be a gauntlet printed on a hand (which they don't do) or a brick build one. The current gauntlet is for a big fig hand and unless they make an iron man big fig it won't fit. I hope we do get gauntlet iron man but I don't see how they would do it

There’s an existing minifig gauntlet/fist piece (it was used for Shocker in the Spiderman Homecoming set). They can just paint that red and print on the infinity stones.

32 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Lego it would either be a gauntlet printed on a hand (which they don't do) 

Lego hands are unprintable with pad print methods because of their material and shape. Printing on the existing minifigure scale gauntlet piece would make more sense.

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

There’s an existing minifig gauntlet/fist piece (it was used for Shocker in the Spiderman Homecoming set). They can just paint that red and print on the infinity stones.

Ah yeah didn't think of that

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Lego hands are unprintable with pad print methods because of their material and shape. Printing on the existing minifigure scale gauntlet piece would make more sense.

Yeah that's what I was thinking

11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Builds = Kids

Figures = Adults

Exactly. Lego can't sell sets of random terrain and "boring' accurate buildings, so while I wish they would cater more to adults and am still confused by some of their choices, at least we get good figures. And we still have that zebra thing, which personally I think is a mosiac or something, but who knows? Maybe it's a massive endgame final battle thing.

7 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Haha those would be awesome! I like buildable figures too! However buildable figures are not very lego-like. IMO they just lack the charm that good old Lego bricks and minifigs have. That's probably why many people disliked them (myself not included) and why Lego discontinued them. 

This is my problem with them. they aren't as accurate as action figures, but lack the look of legos that minifigures have. Because of that the only constraction sets i get are bionicles, sets that aren't meant to look like existing characters. I'll stop myself now from ranting about how great G1's story is but that's why I think the star wars ones failed, and that it's unlikely we'll get marvel ones.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Exactly. Lego can't sell sets of random terrain and "boring' accurate buildings, so while I wish they would cater more to adults and am still confused by some of their choices, at least we get good figures. And we still have that zebra thing, which personally I think is a mosiac or something, but who knows? Maybe it's a massive endgame final battle thing.

This is my problem with them. they aren't as accurate as action figures, but lack the look of legos that minifigures have. Because of that the only constraction sets i get are bionicles, sets that aren't meant to look like existing characters. I'll stop myself now from ranting about how great G1's story is but that's why I think the star wars ones failed, and that it's unlikely we'll get marvel ones.

Yeah. If I really wanted action figures I could just buy Marvel Legends instead.

There are really good images of the spider-man ps4 figure out there, and the torso and leg detail makes me even more upset that I won't be able to get this unless I pay hundreds of dollars.

As a side note, it says something about the "gamerverse" on the back, which for some reason I can't stop laughing about.