Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

What role did 

Spoiler

Dmitri

have in the movie? Isn't he supposed to be

Spoiler

The Chameleon?

Does that happen in the film?

I'm seeing the movie tonight so I don't know how the Black and Red suit will look in the movie, but having played the new Spider-Man (PS4) update with that suit I'm really starting to love it!

12 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Side topic here: is it okay that I think MCU Spidey is comic accurate?

Comic accuracy is a bit of a catch-all term. Comics have varied in quality and story approach so almost every interpretation of Spider-man imaginable could be considered 'comic accurate'. In regards to the character portrayal, personally i find this one to be most similar to the 'Ultimate Spider-man' portrayal, he's reliant primarily on pop culture references and is very dumbed down a majority of the time while also being demonstrated as clearly inferior to the Avengers and always looking up to them in order to make the Avengers seem more important.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

up to the point that (SPOILERS FOR FAR FROM HOME)

Reveal hidden contents

The fire and water illusions are the only ones with more than a few seconds of time, so they got the sets.

Most of the sets are REALLY accurate. That said, I could see a final battle set with mocap mysterio, red/black suit, and a bridge with some drones to finish it off.

Personally if we get an additional set for Far From Home my desire would be;

Spoiler

Quintin Beck with Mocap Suit, Mysterio, Red/Black Spider-man and a drone. The build would probably be a segment of the bridge. Considering it would only have 3 figures (2 if they wanted to get rid of the extra Mysterio) it could be a fairly cheap set if they wanted.

6 hours ago, legoSDR said:

The temptation to open those spoiler tags is too much... Guess I'll be off this site for the next week :iamded_lol:

lol. yeah you can't get spoilers this has some smart twists

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

What role did 

Reveal hidden contents

Dmitri

have in the movie? Isn't he supposed to be

Reveal hidden contents

The Chameleon?

Does that happen in the film?

SPOILERS FOR FFH

Spoiler

I mean, he just kinda disappears halfway through the film with no explanation or anyone mentioning/wondering where he went

2 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Hide contents

Seriously, big spoliers for the movie. Just want to make sure no one accidently opens this

Hide contents

I agree with @Mandalorianknight that a final battle set would be amazing. That scene was so perfect, and it'd be great to have a set of the walkway with mocap Mysterio, the red and black suit and drones. They could also make a great set out of one of his illusions.

Spoiler

I think the illusions would be Waaaaaaaay to dark for lego, but a zombie iron man would be a great figure

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Hide contents

Quintin Beck with Mocap Suit, Mysterio, Red/Black Spider-man and a drone. The build would probably be a segment of the bridge. Considering it would only have 3 figures (2 if they wanted to get rid of the extra Mysterio) it could be a fairly cheap set if they wanted.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. though they might not do that scene as it was pretty messed up at the end. I did like how in classic spider-man style (EVEN BIGGER FFH SPOILERS)

Spoiler

mysterio accidently is killed by his own weapons like the villains are in many comics and spider-man 2002, probably many more examples

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Comic accuracy is a bit of a catch-all term. Comics have varied in quality and story approach so almost every interpretation of Spider-man imaginable could be considered 'comic accurate'. In regards to the character portrayal, personally i find this one to be most similar to the 'Ultimate Spider-man' portrayal, he's reliant primarily on pop culture references and is very dumbed down a majority of the time while also being demonstrated as clearly inferior to the Avengers and always looking up to them in order to make the Avengers seem more important.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you! I've been having debates with comic book snobs about MCU Spidey's accuracy as I said he is accurate (I've been reading his comics for 20 years) they act like I'm a moron for saying he is accurate 

10 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Thank you! I've been having debates with comic book snobs about MCU Spidey's accuracy as I said he is accurate (I've been reading his comics for 20 years) they act like I'm a moron for saying he is accurate 

I've been reading Spider-Man since 2004, both Ultimate and Amazing, and imho MCU's Spidey is a very accurate portrayal of classic Peter Parker if he were living in modern day. He's got the nerdy tendencies, isn't particularly popular with women and has plenty of smaller scale personal problems. The only major difference for me is that he's into more modern style nerd stuff rather than the chemistry and science stuff from the 60s. As far as I'm concerned that's still pretty faithful since that is what geekier people are into these days. Not to mention that Tom Holland has perfectly nailed the voice and mannerisms that Peter's got in the comics.

Of course people have already mentioned that they took some inspiration from Ultimate Spidey, which imho is perfectly fine as well. I'm honestly more concerned that Ned is basically just Miles's friend Ganke, since it means that we'll likely never see him on the big screen.

The lego expert london bridge, with some modding, could be a perfect representation of THAT scene in FFH (if you know you know) 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:31 PM, thecallumread said:

Hamleys in London have had for a month or so an unholy amount of bricktober packs, they were giving them out for Lego spends above £50 I believe.

In-store only, (there was a brief few hours at the start of the promotion where they were online for £20 but it was quickly removed)

Still a few in Hamley’s At Heathrow airport - Free with £40 spend

Having seen the movie I'm actually really surprised how accurate these sets are.

If we get a figure of 

Spoiler

Spider-Man in his Dutch soccer shirt

my life would be complete! Gosh I loved that part of the film (just for laughs ofcourse, there were way cooler scenes than that)

Honestly after seeing FFH I don't understand why Everyone wants more sets. What we got is super accurate to the movie, and I can't see what other scene Lego could possibly make into a set. But lack of black and red suit in Stark jet set is very dissapointing.

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly after seeing FFH I don't understand why Everyone wants more sets. What we got is super accurate to the movie, and I can't see what other scene Lego could possibly make into a set. But lack of black and red suit in Stark jet set is very dissapointing.

They could do the final battle as many people have suggested, it would be a great way to get Spidey's black and red suit

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

The final battle? THAT scene with Mysterio (you know which one, arguably the highlight of the movie). Those 2 scenes immediately come to mind 

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Having seen the movie I'm actually really surprised how accurate these sets are.

If we get a figure of 

Reveal hidden contents

Spider-Man in his Dutch soccer shirt

my life would be complete! Gosh I loved that part of the film (just for laughs ofcourse, there were way cooler scenes than that)

If they ever made a MCU CMF series that would have to be the FFH figure. Or more likely, the comic con exclusive for 2020

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

The final battle? THAT scene with Mysterio (you know which one, arguably the highlight of the movie). Those 2 scenes immediately come to mind 

THAT scene could be a little dark, although a certain scene-exclusive character variant would be an amazing figure. I think if we get another set alongside the endgame wave it'll be 

Spoiler

final battle with red/black suit, drones, a bit of a bridge, and mysterio. (hopefully mocap but you never know, they seem pretty happy with him in every basic retail set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Spoiler

And what would that look like?

"Spoiler"

A bunch of drones and part of Tower bridge? And Mysterio in mo-cap suit? I don't see a lot of set potential here tbh

18 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Edited by benderisgreat

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:
  Hide contents

And what would that look like?

"Spoiler"

A bunch of drones and part of Tower bridge? And Mysterio in mo-cap suit? I don't see a lot of set potential here tbh

I do, as that was the most action heavy scene in the movie and they can just include a regular variant of Mysterio, the red/black suit, a drone or 2, and a part of the bridge that has a battle damage feature or something. The elemental could even be a set, the possibilites aren't as limited as you think.

11 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Does anyone know if the "Goose" in the CC set 77902 is a standard cat piece as in 76127 or has it been modified in some way?

From what we can see its exactly the same as the Goose from the normal Captain Marvel set

4 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I do, as that was the most action heavy scene in the movie and they can just include a regular variant of Mysterio, the red/black suit, a drone or 2, and a part of the bridge that has a battle damage feature or something. The elemental could even be a set, the possibilites aren't as limited as you think.

Yeah, it seems like a good choice for a set to me. Kind of like that one man of steel set with superman and zod for like $13, or the bvs set, etc. Sets with tiny building/terrain/vehicle builds and good figures.

4 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Does anyone know if the "Goose" in the CC set 77902 is a standard cat piece as in 76127 or has it been modified in some way?

It looks to me like the normal cat piece and they brick-built a stand under it that holds up the flerkin part

The third Marvel poster/print is on #legoleaks. Hydro Man, Mysterio, and Spider-Man in front of a slightly modified version of the bridge set.

Didn’t plan on getting any of them, but since I have the first 2 I might have to get this one too.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

The third Marvel poster/print is on #legoleaks. Hydro Man, Mysterio, and Spider-Man in front of a slightly modified version of the bridge set.

Didn’t plan on getting any of them, but since I have the first 2 I might have to get this one too.

Dear god it's somehow worse than the last 2

37 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Did I miss the release of the 2nd print? I feel like it wasn’t advertised well at all.

June 10-16. No, wasn’t advertised very well and a very short period too.

57 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Credit goes to The Brick Fan for this idea, it's not exactly much, but adding this to the QRS suit are least gives a little more detailing

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb147#T=I&C=1

It'll be pain in the megablocks to get 9 of this and then when it comes to hulk it will be plain.