Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I would love for one of the sets to be the Gauntlet Transport: Imagine:

Scott’s Van

The nano gauntlet

Figures: Ronin, Ant-man, Chitauri, Outrider, and War Machine MK7. 

Easy 30 Dollar set.

Or The Leviathan with the trinity and bald thanos, $59.99 to 69.99.

The Chitauri Beast from the final battle:

Rocket, Nebula, Ebony, Chitauri, and Valkryie and her pegasus.

A easy $29.99 to $39.99.

Maybe a Giant-Man Battle:

Ant-man (Regular size), Outrider, Captain Marvel, Black Widow (The only set her regular suit could be in is Vormir), and Corvus Glaive.

$49.99, and add a necrocraft as well.

See, all under the Hulk drop off Ship thing.

They could also make another final battle set with Prof. Hulk. But i Have no idea where to put Prof. Hulk. 

I actually want a Chitauri beast tbh

40 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Can we please stop arguing about the colour? Lego is interpreting it as purple with a blue tint and that's how they're printing it. If you ABSOLUTELY NEED a blue Rescue I can point you to a minifigure customiser I know on eBay, but for you purists out there just accept the purple because you won't get anything else. Arguing about the colour is pointless. 

People, I just have the official LEGO color Palette here, so all you can compare the colors of the minifigure with each tone:

I think Rescue is Medium lilac.

Captura.PNG

58 minutes ago, The NexoNinja said:

if we're lucky, they may have changed the printing on one side for the hud, but i doubt it

They haven't, we know what the head looks like from both previous sets and the new set pictures

I do love the weird hypocrisy of some AFOLs bemoaning the Endgame sets and how bad a hand Marvel gets dealt and the lack of certain figures, then bemoaning Lego when they start to fill that void. I always thought the A was for Adult not Angry. My five year old son will love this because it has Hulk in it. Alright he loves the compound but that’s your target audience for you.

2 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I do love the weird hypocrisy of some AFOLs bemoaning the Endgame sets and how bad a hand Marvel gets dealt and the lack of certain figures, then bemoaning Lego when they start to fill that void. I always thought the A was for Adult not Angry. My five year old son will love this because it has Hulk in it. Alright he loves the compound but that’s your target audience for you.

We should also really appreciate how lego has made a completely new mold for the Stark Gauntlet, even though its just the mirrored Infinity Gauntlet in red it still costs them a lot of money. And seeing how many times they have cut corners on marvel sets......

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We should also really appreciate how lego has made a completely new mold for the Stark Gauntlet, even though its just the mirrored Infinity Gauntlet in red it still costs them a lot of money. And seeing how many times they have cut corners on marvel sets......

My son really wants an Infinity “goblet” of his own (I don’t think he wants a real one, I’m not ready for the consequences) and seeing Hulk have one will blow his mind. Yeah, even flipping the piece will cost money.

13 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I mean, are they really filling that void? Rescue is cool, despite being the wrong colour, but the builds aren’t even from the movie, and just look silly

Often there are a lot of posts here written by adults about what AFOLs and what kids want from Marvel and MCU sets. I though I would share a quote from my 9-year old:

"Daddy, don't get any more random jets"

I can't remember exactly which set elicited this response, but after I bought 76067 he convinced me to "just get the figures next time."

We skipped this year's quinjet for this very reason, as we already have 4 mini-fig scale Avengers jets (plus even more random ones) and "it wasn't even in the movie!"

Even kids have different opinions about what they like. But every Lego set is someone's first Lego set and someone else's 100th Lego set.

I can think of 2 FFH sets lol (I'll change my hypothesis when I see the movie in a few days) but maybe the ferris wheel battle and the london bridge battle. Hell, maybe even the museum scene with the iron spider suit (as seen in the trailers) I just really want the bosco suit now or a battle damaged Spidey

Well this was a surprise to me. I thought we were done with Endgame as there was not much left too do. Correct me if I am wrong but besides the one Civil War set with Spiderman, this is the first MCU movie to have a second wave right? The release date if the 25th of November so I assume this is a 2020 set as that's when sometimes releases there new sets earlier. I guess that makes sense as next year we only have 2 MCU movies, and Lego has to have a winter wave. 

Update Hulk is a great figure, and so is Rescue. I like the chitauri build as well. But the main copter looks awful. I hate that windshield piece. It's rarely looked good but contentious to be used countless times. Lots of ugly colours as well. Thinking about it there is not many vehicles or locations they can do. Which has me fearful that we will just get a bunch of unrealistic garbage. If that's the case then these will be easy passes but I am looking forward to the new figures. A 2012 New York version would be cool though. 

Honestly I couldn’t care less what the builds are. I don’t buy super heroes sets for the builds, I build them and then dump them into my parts bin. I buy these sets for the figures so that’s honestly all I care about. I love this set but I’ll be upset if we get anymore quantum suits since they’ve all been covered now

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

53 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I can think of 2 FFH sets lol (I'll change my hypothesis when I see the movie in a few days) but maybe the ferris wheel battle and the london bridge battle. Hell, maybe even the museum scene with the iron spider suit (as seen in the trailers) I just really want the bosco suit now or a battle damaged Spidey

1 more FFH set would be fantastic, but 2 seems a tiny bit overkill for me, I’d rather have that spot be an Endgame set. 

Please refrain from mentioning anything even verging on a Spider-Man Far From Home spoiler. Some people don't even watch trailers so that they can enjoy the film with as fresh eyes as possible.

Endgame spoilers are completely acceptable.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

whats wrong with it being a play set. This set is made to be played with just like the rest of the endgame sets

I don't think though that a kid would want a giant space alien that doesn't do anything. I  mean what action features would it have.This will probably make kids happier

I never said anything was wrong with it being a playset. What is wrong with it is that this set was released after the film hit theaters and is STILL inaccurate, depicting vehicles that don't appear and poorly-scaled creatures...It's a stuffed set to sell us Rescue, who isn't even colored correctly. It's bad and I'm just embarrassed by how this movie was handled by Lego. They couldn't even be bothered to fix Black Widows terrible appearance and hair or at least give us her black suit. 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I mean, are they really filling that void? Rescue is cool, despite being the wrong colour, but the builds aren’t even from the movie, and just look silly

Start to fill the void. Four more sets sounds like it should do the job.

2 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Even kids have different opinions about what they like. But every Lego set is someone's first Lego set and someone else's 100th Lego set.

That’s kind of what I meant. Lego aren’t expecting us to buy every set from every line. You’ve got to be a real completist to get everything. Must be hard if you’re a SW completist. Fourteen shelves of the same X-wing in varying styles :distressed:

5 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I never said anything was wrong with it being a playset. What is wrong with it is that this set was released after the film hit theaters and is STILL inaccurate, depicting vehicles that don't appear and poorly-scaled creatures...It's a stuffed set to sell us Rescue, who isn't even colored correctly. It's bad and I'm just embarrassed by how this movie was handled by Lego. They couldn't even be bothered to fix Black Widows terrible appearance and hair or at least give us her black suit. 

They would have designed it at the same time and not had the luxury of a time heist to adjust things. They couldn’t have finished it, watched the film and gone “come on lads, we’ve got work to do!”. Doesn’t work like that.

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

They would have designed it at the same time and not had the luxury of a time heist to adjust things. They couldn’t have finished it, watched the film and gone “come on lads, we’ve got work to do!”. Doesn’t work like that.

This is true. And it was very well played on Lego's part. They hide it and no ones sees it coming.

They didn't release it because Rescue was so popular... this has been designed all along. 

So, if this will be the last for Endgame set. I'm glad that they did complete the QR suit with the release of Hulk and especially Rescue armor is very welcome. Regardless of the color. 

I own the custom printed Rescue that is far more detailed than this (bought it for 50 bucks) just add 10 and then that's the cost of this new set. I know there will be more custom minifigure which is very detailed and accurate compare to this but the fact that we got an official minifigure it is something special. Official minifigure will always have a place in my heart.

I like the purple Rescue; I much prefer it to the blue customs I've seen. So for anyone who hates that figure but still wants to get the set for other parts, I'll be happy to take her off your hands for you. :grin:

18 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I like the purple Rescue; I much prefer it to the blue customs I've seen. So for anyone who hates that figure but still wants to get the set for other parts, I'll be happy to take her off your hands for you. :grin:

I like how it’s purple with blue highlights. I personally have no problems with this figure

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hermione's face is a reuse of Carina Smyth's from Pirates of the Caribbean, which is based on a 25-30 year old actress. So it isn't that bad, the face works fine in my opinion

I didn't even notice Rescue's face print was reused from another character. The likeness in the unmasked pic is spot on and resembles Pepper even better than the Iron Man 3 minifigure did.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Often there are a lot of posts here written by adults about what AFOLs and what kids want from Marvel and MCU sets. I though I would share a quote from my 9-year old:

"Daddy, don't get any more random jets"

I can't remember exactly which set elicited this response, but after I bought 76067 he convinced me to "just get the figures next time."

We skipped this year's quinjet for this very reason, as we already have 4 mini-fig scale Avengers jets (plus even more random ones) and "it wasn't even in the movie!"

I can see both sides of this argument. The sets are for children, mainly, but children have standards too. Personally, I think the "hulk helicopter drop" is fine. Going over it piece by piece again, but this time talking about kid + adult appeal:

Helicopter: some kids will like it, some will think it's stupid. Adults won't like it either, but since we don't know what the other 3 sets will be I'd hold off on deciding what could be included instead and see this as a great parts pack for avengers builds.

chitauri speeder: great, accurate, good for kids and adults.

Leviathon: Most kids will just pretend it's bigger or something else, adults like me may customize it and put it by their avengers tower GWP

Rescue: Kids just want rescue for the most part. People are whining about it, but at least we got a rescue, ok? Personally I'd rather have a dark blue purist rescue with the MCU mold, but just getting rescue is so cool I'm ok.

Black widow: confusing plotwise and a waste of a space, good for people who didn't get the quinjet. I like the finally accurate batons for once.

hulk: I like that we finally got a QR hulk. Is it professor hulk suit? no. Would people be mad that we didn't get a QR suit had we gotten the professor hulk suit? yes. The only way to fix this would be if lego released the compound with a different hulk. It's not the fault of this set. Also, they did a great job giving us a nano gauntlet with not only being on the other hand, as would be expected, but great printing on it and 4 infinity stones.

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd like 1 of those 5 sets to be ffh. Any more and it takes away from all the endgame we need, any less and we don't get our black and red suit we so desperately need. I think if it's released later it'll be a spoiler set with the black and red suit, and possibly confirmation of quite a few fan theories about who the villians are, whether mysterio is a hero or villian, etc.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Okay, so what would you suggest they do as small, affordable sets that match what was in the movie?

GiAnt-Man, fair enough. That'll almost definitl y be one of the unseen sets. 

Mound of debris. Mound of debris #2. Big mound of debris. That's what a Final Battle set with accurate builds would look like. Not a lot of scope for playability. 

And Endgame was pretty story-driven. Sure, we could have Thanos' farm, but if Lego's marketing mostly towards kids there's not a lot of play value in a farmstead shack. 

Some people buy sets for the minifigures, some for the builds, sometimes both. I'd much rather have that inaccurate helicopter Black Widow and Hulk are riding around in than 200-odd pieces' worth of rocky wreckage. It looks fun, and I'm sure I can find something to do with it. Maybe I'll replace all the grey with white and add it to my space fleet. Or maybe I'll just use the parts for something else. Either way, I can't fault Lego for designing a good-looking vehicle. 

Now, if they had designed a poor-looking vehicle with limited utility (I'm looking at that 2017 Hulk vs. Red Hulk set), then I'd have a problem. But Lego prioritises fun over accuracy. If you really want accurate builds, you can MOC. 

One point I will add to the "Rescue was based on concept art" debate: I've seen a lineup of Endgame Hot Wheels at my Target which depicts characters as cars. Rescue has a blue car with her art clearly being blue on the box. Unless Lego does stuff way before other companies, the blue color was known.

Overall mixed feelings on the set. Color aside, it is nice to get Rescue, and Hulk with the gauntlet is a great surprise, especially the new gauntlet mold. Only wish he was wearing the grey and purple suit instead. The rest falls flat for me but does give hope of other sets released alongside to fill in some gaps.