Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can we please stop discussing what mk is what? This is getting out of hand, its just a suit

It’s important to some people in order to differentiate. Why so offended?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s important to some people in order to differentiate. Why so offended?

I'm not offended, I just don't see the point in starting a discussion on what number a suit has in this thread. I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't really have anything to do with set discussion.

And besides that we've had this discussion many times before. Many many many many times...

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not offended, I just don't see the point in starting a discussion on what number a suit has in this thread. I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't really have anything to do with set discussion.

And besides that we've had this discussion many times before. Many many many many times...

As many times as it’s come up before, seeing the film changes many things. Also, trying to figure out which number suits we need to add to our Lego collection does pertain to set discussion. I see plenty of discussion on what the official sets were missing, so discussing which number War Machine suits we didn’t get is just as relevant to this discussion as everything else the sets were missing.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As many times as it’s come up before, seeing the film changes many things. Also, trying to figure out which number suits we need to add to our Lego collection does pertain to set discussion. I see plenty of discussion on what the official sets were missing, so discussing which number War Machine suits we didn’t get is just as relevant to this discussion as everything else the sets were missing.

Well, if you look at it that way I can't say you're wrong :wink:

War machine can’t possibly have nanotech, I am pretty sure that there aren’t anymore nanomachines left. The suit at the end is probably the mark 5. Since the mark 6 was heavily damaged, the mark 5 was probably the only suit there.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Maybe I’m hopefully optimistic, but I can see another wave of Endgame (plus Inifnty War too?) sets next year. Every year of Lego Marvel has had a big name movie come out that has warranted 3 or more sets;

• 2012 - Avengers - 4 sets
  • 2013 - Iron Man 3 - 3 sets
  • 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy - 3 sets
  • 2015 - Age of Ultron - 6 sets
  • 2016 - Captain America: Civil War - 4 sets
  • 2017 - Guardians 2 - 3 sets
  • 2018 - Infinity War - 6 sets
  • 2019 - Endgame - 5 sets (and Spider-Man’s 3 but w/e)

No other film has had more than (two standard/non polybag) 2 sets for itself. While 2020’s MCU films aren’t confirmed yet, I’m guessing none are any continuations of the above franchises. Hopefully that means there’s room to release sets on revisit older films. IW and EG sets would definitely still be profitable and might even sell a little better if they can depict the scenes that are considered too spoiler-y for Lego to put out before the movies were released.

Okay, I've gone on the MCU wikis and looked it up. 

Spoiler

War Machine Mark 5 is the one Rhodey used for most of Endgame, and it had the Quantum Realm Suit installed. War Machine Mark 6 is the one that was painted like Iron Patriot and was used during the big final battle against Thanos. 

Hopefully that clears up for people what War Machines we're missing. 

Wait, hold on, I double-checked;

Spoiler

What the wiki calls 'Mark 5 War Machine' is the one with '006' on the leg. Which means that that might actually be the Mark 6, and the Iron Patriot coloured armour is War Machine Mark 7. Which further implies that Mark 5 was built and replaced sometime during the five-year time skip in Endgame and we've never actually seen it period. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, I've gone on the MCU wikis and looked it up. 

Hide contents

War Machine Mark 5 is the one Rhodey used for most of Endgame, and it had the Quantum Realm Suit installed. War Machine Mark 6 is the one that was painted like Iron Patriot and was used during the big final battle against Thanos. 

Hopefully that clears up for people what War Machines we're missing. 

Wait, hold on, I double-checked;

Hide contents

What the wiki calls 'Mark 5 War Machine' is the one with '006' on the leg. Which means that that might actually be the Mark 6, and the Iron Patriot coloured armour is War Machine Mark 7. Which further implies that Mark 5 was built and replaced sometime during the five-year time skip in Endgame and we've never actually seen it period. 

That actually makes sense.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can we please stop discussing what mk is what? This is getting out of hand, its just a suit

It's "just" a suit, but we're discussing what suit is in the set/movie because that's what this thread is for.

3 hours ago, saysonder said:

Maybe I’m hopefully optimistic, but I can see another wave of Endgame (plus Inifnty War too?) sets next year. Every year of Lego Marvel has had a big name movie come out that has warranted 3 or more sets;

• 2012 - Avengers - 4 sets
  • 2013 - Iron Man 3 - 3 sets
  • 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy - 3 sets
  • 2015 - Age of Ultron - 6 sets
  • 2016 - Captain America: Civil War - 4 sets
  • 2017 - Guardians 2 - 3 sets
  • 2018 - Infinity War - 6 sets
  • 2019 - Endgame - 5 sets (and Spider-Man’s 3 but w/e)

No other film has had more than (two standard/non polybag) 2 sets for itself. While 2020’s MCU films aren’t confirmed yet, I’m guessing none are any continuations of the above franchises. Hopefully that means there’s room to release sets on revisit older films. IW and EG sets would definitely still be profitable and might even sell a little better if they can depict the scenes that are considered too spoiler-y for Lego to put out before the movies were released.

Maybe, black widow probably only will get a set or polybag depending on how dark it is, and I can't see eternals generating enough interest for a whole range of sets. 

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I really can’t imagine Shang- Chi, Eternals, and Black Widow getting many sets.

I can't imagine there being much demand for them even if they do. I've honestly never heard of the Eternals or Shang-Chi before, and unless the movies make a big impression on me it's honestly unlikely that I'd get any sete about them even if Lego does make them. I'd much rather see Endgame Wave 2 with one or two sets about Black Widow next year. 

Hall of Armor set was more of a fan service, it should be labeled Marvel Studios First 10 years set as same as GWP Avengers tower.

Here's my take at IGOR:

Presenting... MARK 38 "IGOR" SUIT! Appreciate any comments or suggestions for improvements..And yes... it does indeed hold a minifigure inside. Fully articulated.

Had to sacrifice the scaling for him to be able to fit a minifigure inside. Criticism and comments are welcome. 

26 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Had to sacrifice the scaling for him to be able to fit a minifigure inside. Criticism and comments are welcome. 

I love what you did with the knees, but I do feel like the head juts a bit too far forward and the feet are really plain and weird-looking. In mine I preserved the plate with bar, clips and cheese wedge that Lego originally used for the feet, and it looks fine once I reduced the height of the 'boots'. 

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I can't imagine there being much demand for them even if they do. I've honestly never heard of the Eternals or Shang-Chi before, and unless the movies make a big impression on me it's honestly unlikely that I'd get any sete about them even if Lego does make them. I'd much rather see Endgame Wave 2 with one or two sets about Black Widow next year. 

8 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I really can’t imagine Shang- Chi, Eternals, and Black Widow getting many sets.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's "just" a suit, but we're discussing what suit is in the set/movie because that's what this thread is for.

Maybe, black widow probably only will get a set or polybag depending on how dark it is, and I can't see eternals generating enough interest for a whole range of sets. 

Remember that despite no one in the general audience having heard of it, Guardians 1 still got a 3 set wave back in 2014. I expect we’ll see 3 sets for the eternals and 1 set for black widow. 

15 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I love what you did with the knees, but I do feel like the head juts a bit too far forward and the feet are really plain and weird-looking. In mine I preserved the plate with bar, clips and cheese wedge that Lego originally used for the feet, and it looks fine once I reduced the height of the 'boots'. 

Thanks for that, I really dunno what to do with the feet but yeah I admit it looks plain and boring. I'll see what I can do.

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks for that, I really dunno what to do with the feet but yeah I admit it looks plain and boring. I'll see what I can do.

I've got pictures of my mostly-finalised design here (I have since replaced the square 2x2 blue plate on the head with a round 2x2 light bley plate, but everything else is unchanged);

Oh, also, I didn't notice this before, but using the Brickheadz Iron Man eye as an Arc Reactor is genius. Nice touch!

40 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I've got pictures of my mostly-finalised design here

Oh, also, I didn't notice this before, but using the Brickheadz Iron Man eye as an Arc Reactor is genius. Nice touch!

Cool build. Love that with that small build you still manage to have a minifig inside. 

Yeah, I had a spare of Brickheadz eye so I used it as the arc reactor, making it looks like glowing effect. Thanks buddyy.

Just now, doclord said:

I think Ant Man and Cap Marvel are proof that if it isn't Spidey or Avengers, it gets one set.

I think it depends, how many important characters we'll be getting..

Ragnarök and Black Panther had multiple sets. It's still possible to happen... depending on the importance of the character appearing on Black Widow..

Sang Chi and Eternals tho I dunno? 

I can see BW getting 2 sets, especially since

Spoiler

the demand for a figure of her will probably rise now that she's dead

As for Shang Chi and the Eternals, I really don't know. I do know that I personally don't have the slightest bit of interest in those movies and will most likely not watch them in theatres.

So my FFH sets have come in finally. The Hydro Man set is fantastic. It's such an appealing display set, and I'm looking forward to building a Spider-Man display with it. The Molten Man set is also really cool. It's super inaccurate, but it looks really sweet regardless and makes for a fantastic Nexo-Knights monster with a bit of modification. I didn't bother with the Stark Jet set, since my budget doesn't allow for it if I want to pick up the Harry Potter sets later in the year, and honestly I don't really care for the Jet one way or another, especially after the fantastic Quinjet from the Endgame wave.

Does anybody else wish Lego actually made 10th anniversary MCU sets?

Not every movie, just 10 films. Such As:

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

Captain America

The Avengers

Thor

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of The Galaxy

Spiderman Homecoming

Note: GOTG had a set missing (prison breakout) anf homecoming missed the set with the vulture fight in the prom scene. Thor the Dark World sucks.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Personally, I’m very excited for the  Eternals and I hope we get at least two sets, preferably three. Black Widow will probably get just one set since it will likely be a lower budget, Earth-bound film with less characters on screen, whereas Eternals will be more cosmic-based and feature more characters. As for Shang-Chi, I honestly don’t know all that much about that particular franchise so I’m not really sure what to expect. From what I know, it will also likely get one set, if any, being another earth-bound, albeit mystical, film

15 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

So my FFH sets have come in finally. The Hydro Man set is fantastic. It's such an appealing display set, and I'm looking forward to building a Spider-Man display with it. The Molten Man set is also really cool. It's super inaccurate, but it looks really sweet regardless and makes for a fantastic Nexo-Knights monster with a bit of modification. I didn't bother with the Stark Jet set, since my budget doesn't allow for it if I want to pick up the Harry Potter sets later in the year, and honestly I don't really care for the Jet one way or another, especially after the fantastic Quinjet from the Endgame wave.

Personally, I think the jet looks pretty cool, but not worth $70, especiallybwith the lack of really nice figures. I’ll just buy Fury by himself. I’ll have two other Mysterios, and I’ve made a better Happy than what we get in the set anyway. And I don’t need another blue and red spidey suit

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I think the jet looks pretty cool, but not worth $70, especiallybwith the lack of really nice figures. I’ll just buy Fury by himself. I’ll have two other Mysterios, and I’ve made a better Happy than what we get in the set anyway. And I don’t need another blue and red spidey suit

Oh it's definitely not worth the $70 asking price. I'll probably be picking up Fury eventually since I want that figure, but nothing else in the set really does anything for me. The jet is nice enough, but I can't really see myself displaying it so I don't really have much reason to pick one up.

20 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why does everyone want another bricktober pack after last year’s fiasco?

Last year's fiasco was due to Toys R Us shutting down unexpectedly, so LEGO didn't have a backup plan except for the HP set with Barnes & Noble is the US. This time they will have had time to plan. They could either strike a deal with another retailer, but keep it in Toys R Us in the countries it's still open. Or make it a LEGO Shop exclusive

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

They're both Mark 006 - I'm leaning towards of it being nanotech. Same goes for the Quantum Suit 

Like what I've said, toy companies didn't see it coming. Once Endgame is out everywhere and for a quite sometime. There will be more merchandise and I think we'll get answers by then.

Not being a jerk but, only US had a major problem because TRU was closing during that time on states. 

Everybody else didn't have a problem. We even get it on time, unlike in US it was released a year after. Other than that, it's the most plausible way to get those missing figs.

We in the UK didn't get any bricktober stuff at all