Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Since there are no other sets for marvel coming out this year that we already know about, and once these sets are in our hands, will this thread be closed?

Naah. This is still a discussion thread, we can keep discussing the 2019 sets ad infinitum. No reason to close it. At least, no until there's adequate reason to create a Marvel Superheroes 2020 thread. 

building the war machine buster i noticed that its a lot of the same building experience as the hulkbuster from last year (small one) this makes me wonder if in endgame, tony upgrades bruce's hulkbuster for rhodey 

WOW the Endgame sets are really overpriced! How on Earth can LEGO charge more for the Compound than they did for the Sanctum last year?

We're reaching Star Wars level of overpricing here.

Just now, The NexoNinja402 said:

not star wars overpricing,this is just ridiculous overpricing, I HAVE TO PAY 50 BUCKS FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA'S BIKE

WHAT??? Wow I'm sorry, that's absolutely terrible.

ik right, 100 for hall of armor, 160 for quinjet (already have the buster) and 200 for the compound, new zealand has the highest lego pricing in the world

Well I didn’t plan on getting anything tonight but I ordered the Quinjet and Hall of Armor. Saving the FFH sets and Compound for the Avengers Tower promo. Does anyone know if the QRS Iron Man polybag is also coming to the US? 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Seriously, does anyone know why Lego's been marking their prices up recently?

It's a way of increase profits when sales seem to be levelling out to a similar amount each year; Increases prices, fire workers, etc... It's all so they can claim Lego is doing better each year, when in reality it hit it's peak in terms of sales a while ago and has been roughly at the same level since.

7 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Since there are no other sets for marvel coming out this year that we already know about, and once these sets are in our hands, will this thread be closed?

We have the sets to discuss along with eventually movie-to-set accuracy and potential modifications to the sets to be more accurate - which should give us stuff to talk about until late July/August (A while after Far From Home is released). We then have the potential for additional sets to be released in December - I believe the Venom Mech came out on December 1st. Normally year based threads turn into a 'catch-all' scenario until confirmed 2020 set information appears.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well I didn’t plan on getting anything tonight but I ordered the Quinjet and Hall of Armor. Saving the FFH sets and Compound for the Avengers Tower promo. Does anyone know if the QRS Iron Man polybag is also coming to the US? 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-avengers-endgame-iron-man-and-dum-e-30452-polybag-found-at-walmart/

Walmart possibly?

Edited by Scarilian

So it seems there will be a raffle in China with a "limited edition Lego Avengers minifigure library" awarded to 20 people (as seen on paul_seeley4's IG story). I wonder what this is all about

It's not China, It's from Korea. 

If you buy all 5 sets at the same time, you'll get a chance to win the minifigure chamber for all the OG 6 avengers members.

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's not China, It's from Korea. 

If you buy all 5 sets at the same time, you'll get a chance to win the minifigure chamber for all the OG 6 avengers members.

So no limited minifigure?

21 hours ago, Xander Strange said:

Beesd Holland, 1001farmtoys.

btw, the armory is easy to edit to get more room for suits. Just missing a few small parts, but got enough from my spare parts

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Will be looking tomorrow right away :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Will be looking tomorrow right away :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

You are welcome.

The 76125 is €52,-

Cheaper than other shops.

50 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

endgame sets is gone from lego shop online in the uk?? what going on?

Yea, I wanna know this too. This morning they were listed with no pictures and if you clicked you'd get an error message, but now they are gone completely.

Just now, ginja said:

Yea, I wanna know this too. This morning they were listed with no pictures and if you clicked you'd get an error message, but now they are gone completely.

they still going to get them in the uk lego shop are we?

15 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

There's no reason why we wouldn't just it appears not today. Perhaps because it's a Sunday? I dunno.

Well, I'm home from the shop with the three Endgame sets that I care about (War Machine Buster, Quinjet, Hall of Armors). I'll edit this post as I complete the sets to keep all my thoughts in a single reply. So far:

War Machine Buster: The build was fun, the figures suck, and the arms took 3 seconds to mod so that there's a mixel joint to in the wrist for more articulation. Size-wise it's way out of scale compared to a Hulk bigfig, so I'll likely scale it down once I've seen the movie and have a good idea of what details I need to maintain. Something to note is that the set comes with a ton of gunmetal gray ingots, which are going to be super useful for mocs.

Hall of Armors: Honestly this set is a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be small but it feels a lot bigger than the piece count implies. Igor is way out of scale, and while I've managed to clean him up a big he's still way too big, so I'm looking forward to seeing how people manage to scale him down. Something cool is that the set actually has all but 4 of the parts (1 x 2 grille slopes) required to get a full 8 armor cases, assuming you gut some of the small table things that hold stuff like Tony's hair. If this set goes on sale in my area, I'll probably pick up a second one to get a full circle of armor cases. Overall this a really nice display piece and I'd highly recommend it especially if you've got a Tony Stark figure and some other armor variants.

Edited by shadefoundry
Update with my thoughts on the Hall of Armors

2 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

endgame sets is gone from lego shop online in the uk?? what going on?

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

1 hour ago, ginja said:

There's no reason why we wouldn't just it appears not today. Perhaps because it's a Sunday? I dunno.

The official release date is meant to be 31st March, which would enable us to get them during the double VIP points promotion. Unfortunately whoever updates the UK side of Lego seems to be unaware of this and will put them up tomorrow instead, meaning we all miss out on getting the Endgame sets with double VIP points =/

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

The official release date is meant to be 31st March, which would enable us to get them during the double VIP points promotion. Unfortunately whoever updates the UK side of Lego seems to be unaware of this and will put them up tomorrow instead, meaning we all miss out on getting the Endgame sets with double VIP points =/

I think the sets may have been planned for April 1st, since only the US S@H has listed the Endgame sets as of yet (unless I'm missing something). But I don't really care about those double points anyway, there are ways to get sets much cheaper than the (bloody ridiculous) prices lego asks 

While everyone is getting crazy about the release of Endgame sets, me? Just gonna seat here and enjoy those reviews, It'll be worth the wait. :grin_wub:

SINGAPORE - LCS

April 19th – May 31st: LEGO Avengers Tower (40334). Free with a purchase of SGD$120 on LEGO products. (Excluding LEGO Star Wars sets)

April 22nd: LEGO Spiderman: Far from Home and LEGO Toy Story 4 launch!