Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Even with these videos I'm still a little hesitant on buying the Endgame sets. HoA will be a day one purchase but I'll wait for the movie to come out to make a decision on the rest of them

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It is. Solo movie every two years. Appearance in another movie every year inbetween. Civil War 2016, Homecoming 2017, Infinity War 2018, Far From Home 2019, ? 2020, Spider-man 3 2021. After Spider-man 3 the contract ends unless they extend it. Spider-man is contracted for 6 movies, Infinity War and Endgame count as one movie.

Infinity War and Endgame do not count as a single movie in contract negotiations. Chris Evans had to extend his original contract to appear in Endgame. 

There aren’t going to be 3 movies in 2020 anymore, there are only two. 

Yikes! Love it

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just to try and clear this up, Feige has confirmed that most of the upcoming film schedule will be revealed some time after Endgame, and most likely even after Far From Home.

And just to add a complimentary LEGO comment for when the mods kick off, cannot wait for that War Machine Buster! Especially that Ant Man helmet

Now watch the video above! ^^

14 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yikes! Love it

That build looks mostly repetitive. Building this doesn't look fun but the finished product looks pretty cool 

The hall of armor looks great, it'll be an easy buy. Igor just looks worse and worse the more I look at it. I really like how modular the set is, that was smart of them to do that. I was surprised to see those cheese slope vent pieces are actually chromed and not pearl silver.

18 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Don't forget about Shang Chi, they just got a director lined up for it (of all the characters to get their own movie why him?) 

I assume they are trying to replicate the success of black panther and captain marvel by appealing to a different ethnic group. He's a weird character to join the MCU, but economically it makes a lot of sense.

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

I'm British, meaning that none of these offers extend to me. We don't even have GameStops in this country.

Sorry to hear that, should have looked at the country before asking

41 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Infinity War and Endgame do not count as a single movie in contract negotiations. Chris Evans had to extend his original contract to appear in Endgame. 

There aren’t going to be 3 movies in 2020 anymore, there are only two. 

I agree with you that his "rumors" are just him speculating, but we dont even know spider-man will BE in endgame for more than a second.

I love the HOA more if possible, just for going to the trouble of having chrome parts. I'll be buying 2 as now that I have my silver centurion and an iron legion I managed to find, I'll need 2 full sets to fit all my suits.

My fears that the war machine buster would look bad in person are somewhat mollified by the review. Always was a day 1 buy for me. My wallet is going to have one cruel april fools day.:laugh_hard:

31 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

That build looks mostly repetitive. Building this doesn't look fun but the finished product looks pretty cool 

Yeah, but I think that's the idea about the hall of armor it is indeed repetitive, 2 or 3 sets (just builds) will be the most ideal/perfect HoA. I'm planning to atleast have 2 sets combined. Gonna find a way to expand that gantry with a better set up display. I'm glad LEGO did it this time, where was this 6 years ago. :head_back:

34 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The hall of armor looks great, it'll be an easy buy. Igor just looks worse and worse the more I look at it. I really like how modular the set is, that was smart of them to do that. I was surprised to see those cheese slope vent pieces are actually chromed and not pearl silver.

Yeah, they won't be easy to find (those chromed vent pieces)

I have a design on my mind (will rebuild him totally) right now for IGOR, I don't want it to have a open space for the minifigure to be seen.

FUN QUESTION: Does IGOR (Mk38) really fits a person inside? It was a part of Iron Legion (JARVIS remotely can control it) but was it built to incorporate a person inside? Do you think we will see this armor(s) on the film? Let's have a heathly discussion. 

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My fears that the war machine buster would look bad in person are somewhat mollified by the review. Always was a day 1 buy for me. My wallet is going to have one cruel april fools day.:laugh_hard:

Remember, Far from home sets are yet to be seen. We're doomed. We are all doomed. :ugh:

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I have a design on my mind (will rebuild him totally) right now for IGOR, I don't want it to have a open space for the minifigure to be seen.

FUN QUESTION: Does IGOR (Mk38) really fits a person inside? It was a part of Iron Legion (JARVIS remotely can control it) but was it built to incorporate a person inside? Do you think we will see this armor(s) on the film? Let's have a heathly discussion. 

I might just plug up the inside with blue bricks as I have no intention of putting a figure in there. Wish he was dark blue like in the movie though.

As to wether he canonically does, I believe every suit but the Iron legion drones (from AOU, not house party protocol) can fit a human. Unless we dive into the comics with the tippy-toe squirrel's iron man suit.:ugh:

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I might just plug up the inside with blue bricks as I have no intention of putting a figure in there.

Same here. But the build has grown on me since the first pics. It looks fine from most angles but the few that make it look bad make it look reeaallyy bad

Edited by Legocity2713

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yikes! Love it

Now watch the video above! ^^

There has never been a set that I've wanted to buy more than one of. Until now. Such a generic set, but it's everything I've wanted. Easy Day 1 purchase, and will find a cheap second online to expand this out

The HoA looks great but it looks like its not even worth more than 40$! 

But who am I kidding, I'll buy the set regardless

Oh wow, they really didn't give War Machine elbows. Don't like that one bit. I have an idea on how to mod it, but I don't know if it'll look any good or if I have the pieces. The rest of the set looks gorgeous :wub:

Hall of Armour itself is great, albeit repetitive. Igor is a monstrosity, moreso than he's meant to be.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Oh wow, they really didn't give War Machine elbows. Don't like that one bit. I have an idea on how to mod it, but I don't know if it'll look any good or if I have the pieces. The rest of the set looks gorgeous :wub:

Hall of Armour itself is great, albeit repetitive. Igor is a monstrosity, moreso than he's meant to be.

I dunno man, I like the differentiation from the hulkbuster. Wish we got elbows, but it doesn't look bad per se.

I was looking at some images of igor and theres this one I cant stop laughing at, both at just how weird the suit is and how little the model resembles it. 

Still, he's been out for 6 years in the MCU, no idea how they messed up the colour. 

BGX70yeCcAELAt5.jpg

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Still, he's been out for 6 years in the MCU, no idea how they messed up the colour. 

Photo snip*

Color is fine, not a big of a deal. The problem is the build. Which really sux hard. It looks retarded. 

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Color is fine, not a big of a deal. The problem is the build. Which really sux hard. It looks retarded. 

Eh. The face is the only real problem, the rest doesn't look so bad. They really should have done a Hulkbuster-style printed dome, even if it was a bit disproportionate it would have been better. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Eh. The face is the only real problem, the rest doesn't look so bad. They really should have done a Hulkbuster-style printed dome, even if it was a bit disproportionate it would have been better. 

Let's agree to disagree, 1X2 printed tile is the best part of Igor, yes face isn't that nice but you could design it with more accurate one, unlike the body it's too blocky. hunchback isn't well represented. And most importantly you can see the minifigure inside! I mean you do have to design a whole new body for it to be look nice. :hmpf:

How are you guys going to display Igor? I’m thinking about building it a small custom display case to add onto my HoA MOC but I’m also strongly considering never doing that and just having the armor free and roaming about :grin:

6 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

How are you guys going to display Igor? I’m thinking about building it a small custom display case to add onto my HoA MOC but I’m also strongly considering never doing that and just having the armor free and roaming about :grin:

I'm thinking to display him in the middle with a custom Hall of armor similar design and those 2 Hulkbuster(s) are in each sides. 

It really depends on what I'm going to come up with my MOC using the pieces of the set. I want it to be just tall as a big fig if not, just a little bit taller. 

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Undecided. My Hall of Armour is attached to my City layout; it's a Technic skeleton with bricks covering the framework that hangs under the side of my table. It's only eleven bricks below 'ground level' at present. I don't think Igor will be taller than that, in which case I can bolt on an extension to the side, but I'm not certain, so until I have him in hand I can't really say. (Incidentally, I also have the 'thrusters' from the Thanos Ultimate Battle variant of the Mark 50 hanging from the ceiling with the Power Blasr elements removed as a pseudo-chandelier.)

Only a couple more weeks, though. So exciting!

Soeaking of which, I have a similar concern about the Hulkbuster. The Hulkbuster/Mark 49 is obviously significantly larger than the Igor or any of the other suits, and it exceeds my height limit. The obvious option would be to bolt on a lower level, but I'm concerned that would make the hanging section weigh too much and compromise it's integrity. 

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Soeaking of which, I have a similar concern about the Hulkbuster. The Hulkbuster/Mark 49 is obviously significantly larger than the Igor or any of the other suits, and it exceeds my height limit. The obvious option would be to bolt on a lower level, but I'm concerned that would make the hanging section weigh too much and compromise it's integrity. 

Do you display the Hulkbuster original build? TLG one? If yes, man there's no way you could display it with the other "minifigure suits" it is WAAAAAY TOOOOO BIG won't look good. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Do you display the Hulkbuster original build? TLG one? If yes, man there's no way you could display it with the other "minifigure suits" it is WAAAAAY TOOOOO BIG won't look good. 

Yep, 76104 . . that was the plan, at least, my Hall is still a WIP. I'm also considering building a VERONICA satellite and attaching the Mark 49 and this year's War Machine 4.5 to it . . though I do want to repurpose the 4.5 for a MOC . . I'm undecided, much like the Igor suit. 

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yep, 76104 . . that was the plan, at least, my Hall is still a WIP. I'm also considering building a VERONICA satellite and attaching the Mark 49 and this year's War Machine 4.5 to it . . though I do want to repurpose the 4.5 for a MOC . . I'm undecided, much like the Igor suit. 

I've designed 2 different Hulkbuster builds for it to be more accurate when it comes to design and most imporatanly to be a minifigure scale. 

I'm going to do the same thing with this year's War Machine buster as it shares the similar build with Infinity War - Hulkbuster.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I've designed 2 different Hulkbuster builds for it to be more accurate when it comes to design and most imporatanly to be a minifigure scale. 

I'm going to do the same thing with this year's War Machine buster as it shares the similar build with Infinity War - Hulkbuster.

Ooh, yeah? Do you have pictures up anywhere?

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Ooh, yeah? Do you have pictures up anywhere?

Do you have an IG? I can send you some pictures.