Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

So Thanos has a gauntlet, a sword and a hammer? I think the secret villain of the movie is gonna be Dagoth Ur.

22 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Haven't been keeping up on the thread because I don't feel like reading 5 pages of reactions to these sets, but what happened to that Rescue helmet that leaked?

Fake leak or secret summer set. Probably the former.

The cap bike set is fine: cap is a good figure and I’m happy getting more outriders for my Wakanda display.

the War machine buster looks bad, which is a shame after the infinity War Hulkbuster looked alright. Ant man’s helmet is appealing, but nothing else

the hall of armour is pretty good. Repetative yes, but it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time, and I never thought they’d do it for that very reason. All the iron Man armours are great, and a third mk50 means the other 2 can stay in their Wakanda/sanctum displays. Igor is bad, but better than I expected. And I won’t say no to the outriders

the Quinjet is a fantastic build. Wish it was the grey of the original, but it’s good. Minifigures are awful

the compound is a knock-off police station with superheroes shoved it. Really looks like a knock-off Set that’s just smashed a city set with superheroes to sell it. They couldn’t even give hulk the white suit. Worst superheroes set ever (and I’m including marvel, dc, TLBM and batman in that) atleast even the iron man 3 sets had good figures. 

Personally I’m more upset about getting 6 Iron Man figures than the outriders. 5 of those could have been regular uniform Cap, Black Widow, Ronin, Nebula, Rocket, Banner, Thor, Resuce, Valkyrie, War Marchine, etc.. After Wasp, Captain Marvel and now this, I think I’m done with Lego Marvel until they get back to the quality that was there just recently with GotG2 and Ragnarok.

Hot damn, that Hall of Armour set! :oh:
I love it :wub:  Sure, the builds seem a littly repetitive and perhaps somewhat flimsy (like the circular areas) and Igor seems a bit... off (though still instantly recognizable), but it comes with places to hold previously released armors (with a bit of modding) and it comes with three new, cool armors! 
So gonna get this.

Not too sure about the Avengers Compound yet. The building itself seems okay and I think I'd want it, but the figs are meh. Except Iron Man MK85 and Captain Marvel.
Also, the vehicles are kinda weird, so..

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s releasing next weekend, free with $75+ purchases at Lego stores and Shop@Home I think.  

Whoa. Awesome.

The Hall of Armour looks pretty good in my opinion. There are some things that I just don't understand, like the vending machine and that little rack for a stud shooter/ . . is that supposed to be some kind of energy claw for a suit to project? Don't k ow why they clogged some of the open slots with junk, but it should be easy to clear out and make room for a total of eight armours. Maybe nine?

No idea what they were thinking with Igor being totally brick-built, he looks horrible. If I do get the Hall of Armour (definitely on sale, since I'd be reluctant to pay $60 AUD for that, let alone whatever they mark it up to in the conversion), I'll definitely modify him. And jeez, more Outriders? Lame . . 

The Compound set, I have mixed feelings about. The 'main building' actually looks pretty good for what it is. The minifig selection . . eh. Repeat Captain Marvel, QRS Nebula, yet another Outrider . . blegh. New Thanos and new Iron Man are interesting. What really bugs me is the massive garage they slapped on the side. Not to mention the side builds . . I mean, fair enough on the car, it looks like a neat little model for S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff. But dear gods why did they shovel in a helicopter?

. . I might get it. On a heavy discount. If only because I could probably use the parts from the garage to upgrade the main building some, and the new Iron Man, Thanos and micro Ant-Man (who I actually didn't notice ATM first because he's so small and white) are appealing. 

But seriously, Lego, just . . why?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

The compound definitely looks like a city police set mashed with Marvel, but I really don't get how THIS is the worst set ever. A dissapointment? A bit, but we get minifigs that are desirable and a well designed PLAYSET like everyone always wants (myself included) and people throw out a bunch of exagerated complaints about how it looks like a "4+" set. I think in a little while once the dissapointment of it not being exactly what was expected, and that Rescue and Ronin are no where to be found, fades people will view these sets and the compound in particular better. I'm not saying people will love it, but it's better than ta lot of the builds we've gotten in the past (Crossbones jeep, Cap vs the Hydra tank, the AoU Hulk set just to name a few). With the Marvel Superheroes theme, we've always had to take the bad with the good. I can only think of a couple sets that had great minifigs and a great build.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on this wave:

Compound Set: I really like the main portion of it and the garage isn't too bad, just a little oversized. I'm never a fan of LEGO helicopters but I understand why they included it for playability, and the front of that car is actually really sleak looking. The more I see gold armed Iron Man, the more I like it. I actually love the Hulk with a smile, he's still so threatening with one. I'm not crazy about Thanos but we don't know how accurate it will be to the movie so I won't judge it too harsh yet.

Quinjet: While VERY well designed, I'm not a huge fan of the quinjet. I'm just tired of them and they don't fit in the display that I have for Marvel so I may actually skip this one. I am actually fond of the team suits, but I don't feel the need to get them all so not getting this set won't upset me.

Hall of Armour: THOSE MINIFIGS ARE SO GREAT. The build is okay, I like the console and the armour station better than the modular section but I like the idea at least. They're also somewhat similar to the Malibu amnsion display if I remember correctly, so that's nice. Igor could definitely be better, especially his head, but the overall shape of him I like. His head is honestly really bad, I may try to figure out a way to use the Iron legion head on him... I definitely would have prefered this set without the Outriders but their inclusion is whatever.

Buster: I really like the design, even though (as always) the mech is oversized. The 4.5 on his shoulder really cracks me up for some reason. The new helmet for Ant-Man is sooo good. Again, I kind of like the team suits so War Machine and Ant-Man being in them doesn't bother me.

Cap Cycle: LEGO are still struggling to make motorcycles sized properly for minifigs and look interesting AND have play features. If it wasn't suppossed to be for a minifig I wouldn't mind the design too much (it reminds me of his cycle from The First Avenger) but it does look way too big for Cap. I definitely would have prefered to have another Avenger here instead of a third Outrider. Cap's new helmet looks perfect for him and it looks like they printed him shield on a light grey piece instead of a red one this time so I think it'll look a lot better and be the right color on the inside so I really like that.

Overall, this wave is a slight dissappointment but I enjoy large parts of it a lot. I think I'll end up getting all the sets except the quinjet (and maybe not the Cap set if I can find him with the shield cheap enough) but I'll probably wait for a sale to get most of it.

A weird thing I just noticed, the two biggest sets have the new teal-ish colored brick seperator while the Hall of Armour set has the old orange one. I wonder if that'll be true for the final product and if there's a reason for it if so?

17 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Hall of Armour looks pretty good in my opinion. There are some things that I just don't understand, like the vending machine and that little rack for a stud shooter/ . . is that supposed to be some kind of energy claw for a suit to project? Don't k ow why they clogged some of the open slots with junk, but it should be easy to clear out and make room for a total of eight armours. Maybe nine?

They probably wanted to give people as much display room as possible without actually hinting at more armors. Because then people would get upset about those armors not being included, removing the stuff thats in there now isn't that hard anyway

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think that stud shooter in the Armor Room set is supposed to be a fire extinguisher. 

Would be a little weird since DUM-E is already holding one

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think that stud shooter in the Armor Room set is supposed to be a fire extinguisher. 

I don't think so, if anything I believe the stud shooter and trans-blue blade piece are meant to represent the various weapons Tony produces from his nanotech suit in Infinity War. E.g. when he threatens Drax with that huge blaster and when he attacks Thanos with that arm-blade. 

Overall, I'm not as disappointed with these sets as I was earlier. I'll definitely be getting every set with the exception of the compound. Nice to see the various Easter Eggs in the HoA, although I'm sure Lego could have handled the egregious minifigure slots occupied by Outriders more tactfully. 

7 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

I don't think so, if anything I believe the stud shooter and trans-blue blade piece are meant to represent the various weapons Tony produces from his nanotech suit in Infinity War. E.g. when he threatens Drax with that huge blaster and when he attacks Thanos with that arm-blade. 

Huh. You're probably right . . but then why are they red and trans-clear and not dark red?

Hey; y'know what's really ironic? That Igor/Mark 38 is actually more-or-less the right scale for a more accurate Hulkbuster suit. 

I actually like Cap's bike a lot more than I thought I would, it's actually a nice build. War Machine Buster still looks to be my favorite for the wave, I love how it looks and I love Hulkbuster suits in general. The hall of armor set is great though Igor looks awful. I'll probably end up getting it. The Quinjet is still a fantastic build and it looks like it'll have plenty of space inside but the figs are terrible and will most likely be a pass for me. The compound... oh the compound... It looks okay but like many have said it looks like a City set mixed into Marvel set. The build is okay but I would've rather they used the parts from the garage to fill out the building, as that whole section is kind of a waste. Speaking of which, that helicopter. Why on earth is it in this set wasting parts budget!? I'll be shocked if this is the scene we see in the movie, in fact pretty much all of these sets are likely to be made up except hopefully the War Machine Buster at least. The new Thanos and Iron Man look good as we've seen previously, Nebula is "meh" they evidently couldn't be bothered to give Captain Marvel any leg printing and seems to be the exact same figure from the Captain Marvel movie set. Seriously!? The little car is also a waste of parts. Hulk looks okay but it's going to really suck if he ends up having the suit we've seen from concept art in the movie because that'll be another glaring inaccuracy for this set. Overall, what an absolute disappointment of a wave. It's clear Marvel did not provide LEGO with adequate material to base sets on and they were forced to make due. I don't completely blame LEGO here but there are some obvious things that should've been included/excluded that have not. I just hope we get a set or two after the movie comes out that represents some of the more spoiler-y stuff but I won't hold my breath. Seriously, not a single thing from this wave is very exciting or new. Some minor updates are nice like Antman's helmet and Cap's cowl but nothing groundbreaking.

I find it laughable how the Compound uncludes an inaccurate Hulk but has the accurate movie version only a couple of centimeters to the right (on the box)

...well my dream of a winter soldier suit cap is set to rest. To focus on the positive, at least this wave has brought me a new Ant-man helmet, Cap helmet, and that sweet new Armor room. 

I'm okay with the Igor build being bad as I'm legitimately surprised that there are that many figs in a 60 dollar set. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I find it laughable how the Compound uncludes an inaccurate Hulk but has the accurate movie version only a couple of centimeters to the right (on the box)

Yeah it’s really weird how the box art shows them in costume, yet Iron Man is the only one we’re getting...

its kinda laughable how everyone is in the white suits bar hulk, how do you drop the ball that bad?

Just now, Bardan_Jusik said:

I'm okay with the Igor build being bad as I'm legitimately surprised that there are that many figs in a 60 dollar set. 

To be honest I’ve come around on Igor a little. I get why they chose that piece for the face, not really much else they could have done, it just isn’t great. But atleast it’s not as big as the hulk busters, with a little modifying it could look pretty nice.

i really like the armour room set, the Minifigures are great. 3 brand new iron man suits with full printing, a  mech suit which they didn’t even need to do. An extra mark 50, which is fine, and then some outriders to add to the army. Plus a tiny head. That’s 6 figures in the Set plus a mech, alternate head and Dum-E is pretty great

someone said earlier Dum-E comes with a party hat, it’s actually a dunce hat that he has in iron man 3 I think? It’s an Victorian English school thing

My thoughts on the sets.

Captain america bike: A nice battle pack, glad we get new cap helmet. 

WMB: Great mech, good to see new ant man helmet 

Armor room: AMAZING, only complaints are igor's derpy face and that we get 2 outriders taking up spots of great suits we could have.

Quinjet: ok. Nice design, meh figures.

Compound: I finally see the "lego is lazy" perspective. This set is TERRIBLE! It is in no way worth $100, the only remotely good build is the car that won't appear in the film and takes away from getting a full base, the base is crap, the helicopter is bad, and the figures. Oh, the figures. Thanos is ok, like the full gauntlet, cool, the ONLY GOOD ONE IN THE SET. Iron man mk 85 could easily have replaces mk 50 in the armor room, giving us, say, ronin. Captain marvel, THE SAME FIGURE, is already on shelves, and we could have had, maybe scale armor cap. THE OUTRIDER IS THE 7TH IN THE WAVE and we could have had rescue instead! And i don't care about QR suit nebula, easy purist custom, we could have had a normal thor, war machine, etc instead. And hulk is neither in his QR suit or his professor hulk suit, despite appearing in it IN THE BOX ART!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

There are so many easter egg in that Ironman Armor Room.

I know this doesn't mean anything but those stickers/print for other suits keeps me excited.

I would love to have all the armors from Mark 1-50. I hope lego can do that even like a comic book sets.

If you filed off the massive chin it wouldn't look too bad. Are there any pieces that could get the same effect whilst not destroying a piece?

2 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

The compound definitely looks like a city police set mashed with Marvel, but I really don't get how THIS is the worst set ever. A dissapointment? A bit, but we get minifigs that are desirable and a well designed PLAYSET like everyone always wants (myself included) and people throw out a bunch of exagerated complaints about how it looks like a "4+" set. I think in a little while once the dissapointment of it not being exactly what was expected, and that Rescue and Ronin are no where to be found, fades people will view these sets and the compound in particular better. I'm not saying people will love it, but it's better than ta lot of the builds we've gotten in the past (Crossbones jeep, Cap vs the Hydra tank, the AoU Hulk set just to name a few). With the Marvel Superheroes theme, we've always had to take the bad with the good. I can only think of a couple sets that had great minifigs and a great build.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on this wave:

Compound Set: I really like the main portion of it and the garage isn't too bad, just a little oversized. I'm never a fan of LEGO helicopters but I understand why they included it for playability, and the front of that car is actually really sleak looking. The more I see gold armed Iron Man, the more I like it. I actually love the Hulk with a smile, he's still so threatening with one. I'm not crazy about Thanos but we don't know how accurate it will be to the movie so I won't judge it too harsh yet.

Quinjet: While VERY well designed, I'm not a huge fan of the quinjet. I'm just tired of them and they don't fit in the display that I have for Marvel so I may actually skip this one. I am actually fond of the team suits, but I don't feel the need to get them all so not getting this set won't upset me.

Hall of Armour: THOSE MINIFIGS ARE SO GREAT. The build is okay, I like the console and the armour station better than the modular section but I like the idea at least. They're also somewhat similar to the Malibu amnsion display if I remember correctly, so that's nice. Igor could definitely be better, especially his head, but the overall shape of him I like. His head is honestly really bad, I may try to figure out a way to use the Iron legion head on him... I definitely would have prefered this set without the Outriders but their inclusion is whatever.

Buster: I really like the design, even though (as always) the mech is oversized. The 4.5 on his shoulder really cracks me up for some reason. The new helmet for Ant-Man is sooo good. Again, I kind of like the team suits so War Machine and Ant-Man being in them doesn't bother me.

Cap Cycle: LEGO are still struggling to make motorcycles sized properly for minifigs and look interesting AND have play features. If it wasn't suppossed to be for a minifig I wouldn't mind the design too much (it reminds me of his cycle from The First Avenger) but it does look way too big for Cap. I definitely would have prefered to have another Avenger here instead of a third Outrider. Cap's new helmet looks perfect for him and it looks like they printed him shield on a light grey piece instead of a red one this time so I think it'll look a lot better and be the right color on the inside so I really like that.

Overall, this wave is a slight dissappointment but I enjoy large parts of it a lot. I think I'll end up getting all the sets except the quinjet (and maybe not the Cap set if I can find him with the shield cheap enough) but I'll probably wait for a sale to get most of it.

It's so sad how the biggest Marvel movie of the year has some disappointing sets and Far from Home a smaller scale movie has better figs and probably better sets. The Far from Home wave expiremented with getting Mysterio a new helmet mould to resemble his Fishbowl helmet, gave most of the figs some decent leg and body prints (The Stealth suit being an example) and even gave us a new Nick Fury but the Endgame sets just has most of the heroes in The Advanced Tech suits and lazily puts in the Outriders instead of maybe Cap in his new suit, Ronin or the Avengers in their normal suits. The Armour set is decent but Igor's face seems off, It seems as if LEGO has still not decided to give Captain Marvel leg or arm printing. The few good stuff in the wave are the new Cap helmet, Ant-Man's new helmet and the armour room

23 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

please hope we going to get spider man red and black suit in the far from home sets please?

It's highly likely since apparently it's his main suit going forward. The worse LEGO can do is repackage the Homecoming suit into the sets but I have a feeling we will get a red and black suit in the Far from Home wave.

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

15 minutes ago, ood0 said:

If you filed off the massive chin it wouldn't look too bad. Are there any pieces that could get the same effect whilst not destroying a piece?

All I can think of are a light gray grill piece, a 1x2 cheese slope sloping downwards, or this piece: https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+1x2+door+rail&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=fYFwl7k6K_We2M:

Edited by Legocity2713

Alright, so something else entirely.. If I was to build a minifig scale Quinjet, does anyone know what the dimensions in studs should be? 

3 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Alright, so something else entirely.. If I was to build a minifig scale Quinjet, does anyone know what the dimensions in studs should be? 

To be honest the 2012 and 2019 Endgame ones are fairly accurate. The SHIELD  style ones are significantly smaller than the design seen in AoU, Civil war and infinity War. For that one I’d say probably 1.5x the size of the 2015 quinjet