Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Lovely, they appear to be prioritising marvel again. Helicarrier Nick is still my favourite though. Quick thought: the torso would make a pretty good Phil Coulson, now he's moved away from wearing the suit all the time.

I have to say I am getting so much more excited for the FFH wave. It was always gonna be good but it seems like it will be absolutely amazing. I hope the elementals are decent and I’m sure we’ll get the Black and Red suit seeing as it looks like it is the main suit in the movie

21 hours ago, ood0 said:

Love Mysterio, he looks great. 2 suits confirmed, I guess. His other look isn't too hard to MOC either. FFH is shaping up to be a good wave, hopefully the builds won't disappoint.

Really hoping the rumour of half the Endgame sets being released after the movie is not true. It would just be annoying.

But it would be perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I don't believe it though.

13 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Unless LEGO was going to repurpose the mold for something else. Say, Mr. Freezes helmet. In which case you’d probably want a detachable helmet peice.

And his head leaked recently...it all fits! (connects red twine)

That new nick fury is really good.

I like the new Nick Fury way better than the last one, he looks much cleaner, I like the clothes way better as well

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I also like the new version better than the last one. Its also good to see a MCU Nick Fury minifigure available in an affordable set for those who didn't get the Helicarrier.

Just now, wesker said:

I also like the new version better than the last one. Its also good to see a MCU Nick Fury minifigure available in an affordable set for those who didn't get the Helicarrier.

well we did get young nick fury in the captain marvel set, but i get what your saying, i've been wanting a more affordable nick fury for years as i also never got the helicarrier

5 hours ago, The NexoNinja402 said:

well we did get young nick fury in the captain marvel set, but i get what your saying, i've been wanting a more affordable nick fury for years as i also never got the helicarrier

I never get the helicarrier set either. Won the Nick fury minifigure for 8 euro’s on ebay (auction lot). Sometimes you could be lucky!

This new one even have printing details on his eye patch. 

A torso that perfectly suits him as a shield director. I really love those details and lining continuing to the legs (the fact that the legs has been reused) currently there's no trash in this wave of minifigures.

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

A torso that perfectly suits him as a shield director. I really love those details and lining continuing to the legs (the fact that the legs has been reused) currently there's no trash in this wave of minifigures.

Which is surprising, considering how bad Endgame minifigs look. It seems like LEGO decided to slack on biggest movie of the year and instead focused on new Spider-Man.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Which is surprising, considering how bad Endgame minifigs look. It seems like LEGO decided to slack on biggest movie of the year and instead focused on new Spider-Man.

Our hope is still on the compound and armor room set. 

I just think somehow they can surprise us with a treat but I'm not expecting alot. Honestly, I'm thinking that we have seen all of the minifigs in Endgame so atleast if there's a new one it just a welcome addition.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's fascinating how the biggest Marvel movie of 2019 has only a few decent figures but Far from Home has better figures with better printing. The chances of getting a Peter Parker minifigure or head, Ditko suit or a Midtown student (Michelle, Flash or Ned) are very high. If only the builds could be as decent as the minifigures especially the Elementals.

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

48 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

It's fascinating how the biggest Marvel movie of 2019 has only a few decent figures but Far from Home has better figures with better printing. The chances of getting a Peter Parker minifigure or head, Ditko suit or a Midtown student (Michelle, Flash or Ned) are very high. If only the builds could be as decent as the minifigures especially the Elementals.

I how high hopes for the rumoured Rialto Bridge model. 

I'll probably be disappointed, but worst case it can be a starting point for a MOD. 

I'd prefer Michelle, Flash or Ned over Peter Parker. Ideally Michelle. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Just now, InnerRayg said:

Lego puts the money where they think it'll do them the most good. Spider-Man is always the top seller. Makes complete sense.

Also, has anyone ever really noticed how Superheroes are never on the top selling themes lists? I used to think that it was because it was one theme sit in two, when compared to the likes of Star Wars and ninjago that get a billion sets every year. But the 2018 lego group report reveals that Harry Potter and Jurassic World were among the usual best sellers. Considering infinity War and Black Panther came out last year, that’s surprising. No wonder Lego doesn’t put money into the sets if they don’t sell as well as those themes

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

Also, has anyone ever really noticed how Superheroes are never on the top selling themes lists? I used to think that it was because it was one theme sit in two, when compared to the likes of Star Wars and ninjago that get a billion sets every year. But the 2018 lego group report reveals that Harry Potter and Jurassic World were among the usual best sellers. Considering infinity War and Black Panther came out last year, that’s surprising. No wonder Lego doesn’t put money into the sets if they don’t sell as well as those themes

Its honestly not that surprising. Harry Potter has a much larger fanbase than marvel and almost everyone has at least read one of the books or seen a movie. Jurassic is attractive for kids, because kids love dinosaurs.

The targeted market with marvel is pretty unclear and I also feel like most Marvel sets are either hit or miss, there isn't really a proper middleground. We should also consider how most movie-themes have fairly accurate sets, which rarely happens with marvel

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Its honestly not that surprising. Harry Potter has a much larger fanbase than marvel and almost everyone has at least read one of the books or seen a movie. Jurassic is attractive for kids, because kids love dinosaurs.

The targeted market with marvel is pretty unclear and I also feel like most Marvel sets are either hit or miss, there isn't really a proper middleground. We should also consider how most movie-themes have fairly accurate sets, which rarely happens with marvel

I would argue your point about marvel and HP’s canvases. Considering the popularity of the MCU, it’s hard to see how HP is bigger. They’re as big as one another from what I can tell. 

The 7 (not counting UCS and CMF) Wizarding World sets sold, in 2018, as much as the entire lineup of SW sets, which is/was the best selling theme. They even managed to do that in half the year and with 1/10 (!) of the total amount of sets. Super Heroes isn't even among the top 10 selling themes. So yeah, the MCU is popular, but it's also just in what bubble you are in. 

Additional information: It seems that TLG just posted the annual results which back up these facts. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

23 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

The 7 (not counting UCS and CMF) Wizarding World sets sold, in 2018, as much as the entire lineup of SW sets, which is/was the best selling theme. They even managed to do that in half the year and with 1/10 (!) of the total amount of sets. Super Heroes isn't even among the top 10 selling themes. So yeah, the MCU is popular, but it's also just in what bubble you are in. 

Additional information: It seems that TLG just posted the annual results which back up these facts. 

Yeah it was that report that I was referring to. Don’t forget that Harry Potter had a lot of hype because the theme was returning. The sets this year probably won’t sell as well as the initial wave. The bubble thing makes sense, but I’m not in an mcu bubble, I’m just as much of a fan of Harry Potter.

my original comments was just stating that this constant failure to get in the top selling themes, with the new report revealing that it’s not just the themes with the most sets that can do well, may be why there has been a significant dip in marvel Minifigure quality.

I think the problem with Marvel sets is that the minifigs are the main selling point, while most of the time the sets themselves aren't really iconic vehicles or buildings. Compare that to Star Wars or Harry Potter, whose sets are usually instantly recognizable and iconic. 

Outside of sets like the Milano, Hulkbuster and maybe Quinjets, consumers may not recognize the main builds of Marvel sets and instead decide to buy something more recognizable like an X-Wing or the Hogwarts Express.