Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

7 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That may be so, but by deliberately stating that they genuinely believe that to be a real Lego set, they are discrediting themselves as a reliable source. Word spreads quickly that these people appear to be monumentally thick as opposed to the click baiters they are, and fans will be even less inclined to trust them. Either way it’s a really, really stupid move. 

Indeed. Casual fans bought the idea of this being legit lego set. Oh gosh, can we already stop this? Whenever I imagine that picture of Thanos and the story behind, it always makes me laugh. :roflmao::iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

That may be so, but by deliberately stating that they genuinely believe that to be a real Lego set, they are discrediting themselves as a reliable source. Word spreads quickly that these people appear to be monumentally thick as opposed to the click baiters they are, and fans will be even less inclined to trust them. Either way it’s a really, really stupid move. 

Agreed, it's really silly.

I just find it funny that the bootleggers are so desperate to get the knockoff sets on shelves that they are willing to throw out anything they can think of.

It seems that Lego is starting to win the war against them.

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

I just find it funny that the bootleggers are so desperate to get the knockoff sets on shelves that they are willing to throw out anything they can think of.

It seems that Lego is starting to win the war against them.

That's not how bootleg/knockoff sets work. Quality varies both in design and in bricks - which you can read a bit about here. 'Elephant' according to that source generally has high quality figures. In terms of 'Elephant' the goal is for the set to be as amusing and creative as possible while providing exclusive figures cheap in the knockoffs they make (They made those Iron Man suits based on other Marvel characters). This set likely intends to appeal to those unwilling to spend $190+ on the Infinity War sets to get Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man and Iron Spider - chances are the knockoff will be a lot cheaper to make and a lot cheaper to buy even if it may not be the same quality.

*Worth looking at the 'House Party' protocol image

Edited by Scarilian

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So new the trailer is out. Very hyped, very good trailer, literally no new things to discuss lego wise unless i missed something

Just bringing it here...

I really hope we're getting a Rocket Raccoon in that outfit, I don't believe it's the Quantum Suit. Also good to know Cap is getting his old shield back (ofcourse we kinda knew this already, but now it's official)

The only thing I could even hope for out of this trailer, is that we get Tony Stark in his tank top, most likely in the Hall of Armours. It's all come full circle now

DowneyStark.jpg

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I think that ending shot of all the surviving avengers walking is them in the QR suits. 

Possibly, but there were some people notably absent. Ofcourse that could be just to trick us

45 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The only thing I could even hope for out of this trailer, is that we get Tony Stark in his tank top, most likely in the Hall of Armours. It's all come full circle now

That would be cool. But ofcourse the arc reactor would be the new one. Still I rather see him in some kind of shirt or suite with his reactor showing rather than just a top, would be useful in more scenarios, especially since we can easily switch the arms on the old Tony Stark figure to make tank top Tony.

I would love another Tony Stark fig! 

Never got the 2013 one since the set was nothing special at $40 and the Bricktober one never panned out in the USA. I’ve been making purists by putting his head on a bunch of suited torsos, which he hasn’t really worn in a minute, but its just not the same

21 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I would love another Tony Stark fig! 

Never got the 2013 one since the set was nothing special at $40 and the Bricktober one never panned out in the USA. I’ve been making purists by putting his head on a bunch of suited torsos, which he hasn’t really worn in a minute, but its just not the same

I think we could get a new Stark, all of the heads of Mk 1, Mk 5, Mk 41 are clear ones. Not that I'm implying that he will wear those but it make sense if he's actually in the scene.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I really hope we're getting a Rocket Raccoon in that outfit, I don't believe it's the Quantum Suit. Also good to know Cap is getting his old shield back (ofcourse we kinda knew this already, but now it's official)

Many post from reddit actually shows that it's his classic comic book outfit (blue with buttons) and yeah, it's not the QR suit. 

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

We'd need two versions if that was the case, one with the triangle reactor, one with the circle reactor.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rocket raccoon comic

It does look very similair to his comic suit

24 minutes ago, selmaquuen said:
I would like a large set (similar to the size of the classic Batman series set) and it would include kang, the leader, superskrull, classic iron man, classic captain America (with white and blue duel molded arms) classic hawkeye, comics antman, comics wasp, classic comics ms. Marvel, and classic vision. The set would be Kangs lair, and titled something cheesy like “kangs ultimate lair showdown”. The next set would be a medium size, and include daredevil, punisher, Luke cage, Jessica jones(or jewel), Electra , and a kingpin bigfig with a body guard. It’d be a semi truck large enough in the back for kingpin to stand and maybe some vehicles or places for the heroes to stand. It’d probably have a title of “kingpin vs the defenders”. The next set of the wave would include the fantastic four, a separate minifig for the human torch in flame form, an updated doctor doom, and doombot. It’d probably include the fantasicar and be titled fantastic 4 showdown”. The last set would just be the $12 set size and include blackbolt, Medusa, and Maximus. Maybe an extra poly bag in the wave to include baron zemo. I know I didn’t include hulk in the avengers set, but we already got one last year. Iron fist is also missing from the defenders set but that’s because he has already been in a set and the defenders set seems large enough. I think it’s time that marvel has its turn of a lot of sets (referring to the LEGO Batman movie sets) Any ideas about it or changes that you would make?

Never gonna happen, keep dreaming

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Never gonna happen, keep dreaming

I agree but never say never. Once Endgame is done there won’t be any really big MCU Avengers movies for a while, just a couple solo movies a year. Lego will most likely keep making 1-3 sets from each one but there will be room in the waves for some other sets now. After the Fox merger we could start seeing some X-men and Fantastic 4 based sets through the Disney license. You never know what doors may open

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Many post from reddit actually shows that it's his classic comic book outfit (blue with buttons) and yeah, it's not the QR suit. 

I hope that's true, I always loved that suit. It does indeed kinda look like it.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree but never say never. Once Endgame is done there won’t be any really big MCU Avengers movies for a while, just a couple solo movies a year. Lego will most likely keep making 1-3 sets from each one but there will be room in the waves for some other sets now. After the Fox merger we could start seeing some X-men and Fantastic 4 based sets through the Disney license. You never know what doors may open

I also agree.

However, with lego spiderman taking over from marvel superheroes, spiderman sets might be all we get in the time between MCU films. And as much as i would love to see x-men and fantastic four sets, i think they would wait until MCU versions of the characters and we'd still never get deadpool as I don't think disney will commit commercial suicide and bring him down to pg-13. Even though any set with deadpool would sell like crazy. 

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think disney will commit commercial suicide and bring him down to pg-13. Even though any set with deadpool would sell like crazy. 

They did literally recut and rerelease a family-friendly version of Deadpool 2. And if you don’t think that at least part of the reason was so they could broaden the merchandising opportunities, you’re nuts 

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It does look very similair to his comic suit

Now that would be an awesome Rocket minifigure!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Would Disney CMFs even be in production right now? I don’t k ow when they are being released. I don’t see Disney in any of these faces though. Maybe the freckles one. Maybe. But if that one is Jafar then it’s a really bad Jafar. I can see Moana in the last one but I really don’t know

The Disney 2 CMFs have to be already in production for sure. They being released on May and some reviewers like Whitefang get them early (a month early usually). 

2 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

They did literally recut and rerelease a family-friendly version of Deadpool 2. And if you don’t think that at least part of the reason was so they could broaden the merchandising opportunities, you’re nuts 

Having seen once upon a deadpool, i can tell you that it is about as close to R as you can get, and not very "family friendly". If disney makes the next movies about him PG-13 they are not going to be nearly as successful. I still don't believe lego will put him in a set anytime soon, because you know some parents would go crazy against lego for including him in a set. But, it is a possibility that was made so deadpool could get closer to joining the MCU eventually.