Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Link to the Brickset article with set photos for 2010 sets.

Hope you like mechs. Cheap mechs.

At least a couple of figures are newly comic-inspired versions of what we previously only had MCU versions (Black Panther and Mysterio). Most of the rest of the stuff we had heard about before.

While Marvel sets have always been about the figures first, I can't say a single build in this series is appealing to me at all. The line is moving younger (which is OK!).

https://brickset.com/article/47657/2020-marvel-sets-revealed!

15 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

While Marvel sets have always been about the figures first, I can't say a single build in this series is appealing to me at all. 

Me too, regarding favoring the figures over the builds in general, the past years. 
However, the Avengers Truck does look rather cool to me. Too bad LEGO didn't make it a S.H.I.E.L.D. truck though, that would've made a bit more sense to me.
Maybe I'll try to get a stickersheet with some S.H.I.E.L.D. logos from BL and change that :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Just to confirm, the Spider-Man,Spider-Gwen, Doctor Octopus, Venom are identical to the 2019 versions.

Do I have that right?

Right, the only new ones are Anya Corazon, Noir and Mysterio.

Having watched reviews, I think I'm completely won over on the mech sets. Looking at them as a replacement for mighty micros and seeing how incredibly articulated and well-designed they really are for being as cheap as they are, I could totally see myself collecting these if this becomes a new thing. Plus I really miss constraction themes and this gives me some constraction vibes. Plus the Iron Man and Thanos minifigs are quite nice. The Spidey fig isn't anything special though. I think the Spidermech would've been far better if it had a red and gold color scheme to feel more like the Iron Spider, especially given the spider legs it has on its back. I look forward to seeing where they go with this idea, hopefully it provides us with a cheap way to get a bunch of great new figures from across the Marvel universe. I'm already envisioning what mech sets could look like for all kinds of heroes and villains regardless of whether or not it made sense. I might even have to make a custom Ghost Rider mech...

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, ToaDraco said:

Having watched reviews, I think I'm completely won over on the mech sets. Looking at them as a replacement for mighty micros and seeing how incredibly articulated and well-designed they really are for being as cheap as they are, I could totally see myself collecting these if this becomes a new thing. Plus I really miss constraction themes and this gives me some constraction vibes. Plus the Iron Man and Thanos minifigs are quite nice. The Spidey fig isn't anything special though. I think the Spidermech would've been far better if it had a red and gold color scheme to feel more like the Iron Spider, especially given the spider legs it has on its back. I look forward to seeing where they go with this idea, hopefully it provides us with a cheap way to get a bunch of great new figures from across the Marvel universe. I'm already envisioning what mech sets could look like for all kinds of heroes and villains regardless of whether or not it made sense. I might even have to make a custom Ghost Rider mech...

You realise that if you start collecting these you’ll have to get that Venom mech from the Spider-Jet set too? :tongue:

Personally I’m not sold on any of them. The Thanos one is neat but I can’t see myself getting the Spidey or Iron Man ones, not even for the minifigure because it’s not MCU and won’t fit in my Hall of Armour. (How do you put an unnumbered suit is a numerically sequenced display rack?)

That said, if this becomes a long-running series and spreads to DC I might get excited, I’ve been wanting a decent Batman mech for quite a while - I know we got one this year but it was flimsy and poorly designed, it doesn’t rate, and the one a few years ago with Grodd was so ugly . . though come to think of it I could probably MOD the Venom mech (which I have to get for Noir) into something Batman themed. Break off the extra arms, remove the white, add some red and yellow . . yeah that might work. 

I’d also be interested in, say, a Captain America Mech, or - imagine a Red Skull mech . . Or a Doc Ock mech! This line has potential. 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Personally I’m not sold on any of them. The Thanos one is neat but I can’t see myself getting the Spidey or Iron Man ones, not even for the minifigure because it’s not MCU and won’t fit in my Hall of Armour. (How do you put an unnumbered suit is a numerically sequenced display rack?)

I've put all the comic suits between mk50 and the endgame suit, as at least at the time we thought it was mk85. Not sure if it's been confirmed as 51 yet.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've put all the comic suits between mk50 and the endgame suit, as at least at the time we thought it was mk85. Not sure if it's been confirmed as 51 yet.

It is officially called Mark 85. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It is officially called Mark 85. 

Thanks. 

yeah, so I use the non-MCU suits to "fill in the gaps" so to speak. I've also been working on making purist customs for some of the iron man suits from 3 we never got in lego form

On 12/14/2019 at 3:51 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

You realise that if you start collecting these you’ll have to get that Venom mech from the Spider-Jet set too? :tongue:

That said, if this becomes a long-running series and spreads to DC I might get excited, I’ve been wanting a decent Batman mech for quite a while - I know we got one this year but it was flimsy and poorly designed, it doesn’t rate, and the one a few years ago with Grodd was so ugly . . though come to think of it I could probably MOD the Venom mech (which I have to get for Noir) into something Batman themed. Break off the extra arms, remove the white, add some red and yellow . . yeah that might work. 

I’d also be interested in, say, a Captain America Mech, or - imagine a Red Skull mech . . Or a Doc Ock mech! This line has potential. 

Ya I'm definitely NOT picking up the Venom one, that whole set is garbage. I'd rather pick up the previous set as that Venom mech is actually pretty cool and well designed. The main reason I haven't yet is that none of the figures excite me much. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I have to say, its been a very mixed bag set wise. I will echo the others and say the Iron and Thanos mechs look kinda neat, beyond that the rest might get picked up if there is a good sale. I still have to catch up on 2019 sets!

@ToaDraco It's refreshing to see such enthusiasm on this site! Genuinely!

Lego released a bunch of very similar mechs for the Nexo Knights line. They created a bunch of new pieces for those mechs that are reused here, so if you're thinking of making custom ones there are many more color options available. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Nexo-Knights/subtheme-Battle-Suits

And if by "previous Venom set" you mean 76115 I can confirm, the Venom there is awesome (small bonus for Spider-Gwen too). One of my favorite Lego builds actually. I wouldn't call it a mech, and I removed the controls from the neck, but that just makes it cooler to me. Reminds me of the old Spider-Man arcade game where at the end of the first (?) level, Venom grows to gargantuan size and you fight him as the boss.

On a side note, giant-sized Venom is a staple of multimedia adaptations of the character, but I can't recall it ever happening in the comics.

p.s. the Spider-Man mech from 76115 is hot garbage. 

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

@ToaDraco It's refreshing to see such enthusiasm on this site! Genuinely!

Lego released a bunch of very similar mechs for the Nexo Knights line. They created a bunch of new pieces for those mechs that are reused here, so if you're thinking of making custom ones there are many more color options available. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Nexo-Knights/subtheme-Battle-Suits

And if by "previous Venom set" you mean 76115 I can confirm, the Venom there is awesome (small bonus for Spider-Gwen too). One of my favorite Lego builds actually. I wouldn't call it a mech, and I removed the controls from the neck, but that just makes it cooler to me. Reminds me of the old Spider-Man arcade game where at the end of the first (?) level, Venom grows to gargantuan size and you fight him as the boss.

On a side note, giant-sized Venom is a staple of multimedia adaptations of the character, but I can't recall it ever happening in the comics.

p.s. the Spider-Man mech from 76115 is hot garbage. 

Thanks! Ya, I have Venom from a previous set as well as Aunt May from the bridge battle set and multiple versions of past Spider-men so really the only figure that would be nice to get is Spider-Gwen. The other major reason I haven't gotten the previous Venom mech set is that so much of my LEGO budget gets swallowed up by Star Wars and those sets keep getting more expensive each year. :cry_sad: 

I do have a few of the Nexo Knights mechs, I thought they were brilliant little sets when they came out. I think it was just initially off-putting to see a similar concept be used for the Marvel line but again, looking at it as a replacement for mighty micros, I think makes it easier to appreciate these things for what they are. Not to mention the degree of poseabillity they have makes it feel like LEGO is trying to give use Marvel action figures without violating Hasbro's exclusivity on Marvel action figures(I really hope that goes away someday so we could actually get Marvel collectible minifigs) or returning to ccbs which sadly wasn't as successful as I would have liked. 

Edited by ToaDraco

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Does anyone know when and where the Captain Marvel poly will be available?

Apparently, it has been spotted in some of the shops like TRU. I suggest you watching the hauls and review of @Ashnflash you might get some lead. 

On 12/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Apparently, it has been spotted in some of the shops like TRU. I suggest you watching the hauls and review of @Ashnflash you might get some lead. 

Is that the weird Toys R' Us that just opened in the US or the surviving Toys R' Us in other countries.

It sickens me that people defend a $1 price increase because LEGO now includes 2-3 pieces that total 5 cents.

Thankfully I find these terrible and will not spend a dime on them.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

It sickens me that people defend a $1 price increase because LEGO now includes 2-3 pieces that total 5 cents.

First of all, this is the Marvel thread. Your comment was probably aimed at the DC CMF I take it?

Second, no one defended the $1 price increase with 'more pieces per figure'. That and the increase in detail was used to explain why the figs aren't $2 anymore. Just look at the DC thread, almost no one is defending the price increase....

Shoot. How did I screw this up. Yeah that was supposed to be over there. There are people defending LEGO price increases because now there are a few more pieces.

4 hours ago, Maple said:

Shoot. How did I screw this up. Yeah that was supposed to be over there. There are people defending LEGO price increases because now there are a few more pieces.

It’s not really something worth getting worked up about.

now Marvel’s lack of detail on the other hand...

:wink:

I've compiled all the reviews I could find for the upcoming sets in one playlist, should be easier to have them all in one place. I've also done this for Ninjago and Star Wars and will try to do more when I've got more time