Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The Iron-Venom figure looks great but I'm worried the set it comes in is going to suck. They haven't exactly impressed me with LEGO Marvel sets in awhile. 

Hmmmmm if the rumors are right it could be priced as $30 USD. So a couple more figs should be in it.

Jedijacpenguin added new Marvel Brickheadz to their 2020 set list:

- 40418: Falcon + Black Widow

Additionally, their list includes three BW sets instead of the two we’ve heard of elsewhere. Take this with a grain of salt though, the words ‘rumor’ and ‘possible’ pop up more than once after all :wink:

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Look, your earlier statements aside, the sets are based on the upcoming season of the spider-man cartoon, ok? It's what lego commonly does with their spider-man theme. Just let it go.

Dude, calm down. It's just my theory/opinion, and I don't know why you are trying so hard to prove me wrong :laugh_hard:

I didn't say the sets are based on Venom movies. You obviously didn't understand what I was trying to say.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Additionally, their list includes three BW sets instead of the two we’ve heard of elsewhere. Take this with a grain of salt though, the words ‘rumor’ and ‘possible’ pop up more than once after all :wink:

I don't think 3 Black Widow sets is something Lego would make. I think we should prey we get more than one.

New Black Widow Marvel Legends figures have been revealed, giving us a better look at the characters. I think they look incredible (especially Taskmaster). I really hope that Lego doesn't drop the ball on those Black widow sets...

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

New Black Widow Marvel Legends figures have been revealed, giving us a better look at the characters. I think they look incredible (especially Taskmaster). I really hope that Lego doesn't drop the ball on those Black widow sets...

Just don't keep your hopes that high. Here's my call on figs we could be getting.

Task Master:

I can see him having a leg printing and using the old hood piece.

Red Guardian:

As stated in the previous page, if we ever get him I think it's safe to have him with the new Cap helmet mold. Same without leg printing.

Natasha:

Black or white suit / All-new printing torso and legs but reuse of face from IW/EG.

If we go by what was released by marvel legends i think the General Leia hairpiece would be perfect for Yelena Belova.

isw1011.png

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

If we go by what was released by marvel legends i think the General Leia hairpiece would be perfect for Yelena Belova.

Spot on, trailers also have her hair tied like that. I hope we get her as a minifigure. 

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Falcon will be an interesting brickhead if they do the wings.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Dude, calm down. It's just my theory/opinion, and I don't know why you are trying so hard to prove me wrong :laugh_hard:

I didn't say the sets are based on Venom movies. You obviously didn't understand what I was trying to say.

I don't think 3 Black Widow sets is something Lego would make. I think we should prey we get more than one.

Sure man, whatever.

We're getting at least 2

33 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Looks boring but, I'd get it. I'm hoping for a new torso print. That face could work also different hair piece please.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Looks boring but, I'd get it. I'm hoping for a new torso print. That face could work also different hair piece please.

sadly i don't have that hair piece.

19 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

sadly i don't have that hair piece.

Oh crap, didn't even realize this was your IG. Cool work bud! Love it. Fingers crossed we get her a official figure. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's supposed to be the same jacket as Nat wore during Infinity War (or at least very similair). It wouldn't suprise me if they reuse that print, especially considering this is still the marvel theme

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's supposed to be the same jacket as Nat wore during Infinity War (or at least very similair). It wouldn't suprise me if they reuse that print, especially considering this is still the marvel theme

Yeah I get that idea, but it's kinda boring and I don't know if they'll do that, just switching arms? I doubt. Did that happen before? 

Though for now for a purist custom it works fine, and I love it.  

Ashnflash reviewed the Captain Marvel polybag on his YT. Love that they gave her the 2 new orange power blast pieces. I like those over the so un-Lego-like power burst ones. Definitely going to give those to my red and blue Captain Marvel.

Also love the inclusion of the VHS tape and the cosmic cube in that perfect color that isn’t clear or trans dark blue. Such an awesome polybag!

9 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

7123d710-1861-11ea-bfb1-1aa6650abae4

I found the right hairpiece for Yelena from the weeping angel mining (doctor who). i spray painted it to fit her hair color. Also made some moc's of some characters with pieces i could smash together.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think we'll see a new torso print, it's meant to be the same jacket, so it'll be the same for the lego print

5 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Ashnflash reviewed the Captain Marvel polybag on his YT. Love that they gave her the 2 new orange power blast pieces. I like those over the so un-Lego-like power burst ones. Definitely going to give those to my red and blue Captain Marvel.

Also love the inclusion of the VHS tape and the cosmic cube in that perfect color that isn’t clear or trans dark blue. Such an awesome polybag!

Yes, it's proof that they are listening to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think we'll see a new torso print, it's meant to be the same jacket, so it'll be the same for the lego print

Yeah like what I've said in my response I get it. I know it's the same jacket. But did that happen before? Reusing the same print and just change the arms? I don't think so. 

If they reuse the whole torso with arms that's probably possible. But swap the arms to white? I doubt.

Hi, I know its really nothing but is anyone else curious that the figs on the Front of the Avengers (Game/Comic) Sets, have The Game Iron Man with the Mark 45 Helmet, Age of Ultron Cap with a blue head instead of flesh? I guess its concept Art and just preliminary designs they used for placeholders, but has this happened in Comic sets before? 

(Thats excluding the Hulk from Age of Ultron or Endgame and the Captain Marvel seemingly based on the comics with the movie´s head and hair)

On 12/9/2019 at 12:22 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Hmmmmm if the rumors are right it could be priced as $30 USD. So a couple more figs should be in it.

That'd be good. I presume it might come with more Venomized characters so it could be worth it for the figures at least. I'm guessing Gwenom, and probably Venomized Spidey unless we get more sets with this particular subtheme.l Ideally the build would be decent too but we shall see. This type of subtheme has a lot of potential, though I've said the same thing about LEGO Marvel in the past.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah like what I've said in my response I get it. I know it's the same jacket. But did that happen before? Reusing the same print and just change the arms? I don't think so. 

If they reuse the whole torso with arms that's probably possible. But swap the arms to white? I doubt.

Think about it this way. The problem isn't that the machine they're making the piece on wouldn't be able to do the same if the arms were white, or that it would be especially difficult to change the colour arms being connected to the torso. That would be an easy fix. The lego group assumably has concept art of this character, similar to what marvel legends has, that shows her in that outfit. The minifigure designers notice that it's the same vest. Now, do they take the more cost-effective decision of using the same vest print, possibly even on a different torso colour, with white arms, or do they design a fully new print? 

You may be right in that they'll choose to make a new print, but given that we don't get as many new prints or molds as we used to for lego marvel, it seems to me that they'll reuse it.

16 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

That'd be good. I presume it might come with more Venomized characters so it could be worth it for the figures at least. I'm guessing Gwenom, and probably Venomized Spidey unless we get more sets with this particular subtheme.l Ideally the build would be decent too but we shall see. This type of subtheme has a lot of potential, though I've said the same thing about LEGO Marvel in the past.

Do we know if the venomized iron man is in this set? It seems like a logical thing to assume, I just wanted to know if we had a leaker say so or something.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Walter529a said:

Hi, I know its really nothing but is anyone else curious that the figs on the Front of the Avengers (Game/Comic) Sets, have The Game Iron Man with the Mark 45 Helmet, Age of Ultron Cap with a blue head instead of flesh? I guess its concept Art and just preliminary designs they used for placeholders, but has this happened in Comic sets before? 

(Thats excluding the Hulk from Age of Ultron or Endgame and the Captain Marvel seemingly based on the comics with the movie´s head and hair)

Look at the side art of Iron Man mech box. The Iron Man there has a mark 45/46 head, Cap is based off of AOU... Hasbro toys use these images on their packagings too

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah I think it's safe to assume that another character will be venomized Cap maybe? 

Hell we could even get Black Suit Spidey in this. Crossfingers*

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Think about it this way. The problem isn't that the machine they're making the piece on wouldn't be able to do the same if the arms were white, or that it would be especially difficult to change the colour arms being connected to the torso. That would be an easy fix. The lego group assumably has concept art of this character, similar to what marvel legends has, that shows her in that outfit. The minifigure designers notice that it's the same vest. Now, do they take the more cost-effective decision of using the same vest print, possibly even on a different torso colour, with white arms, or do they design a fully new print? 

You may be right in that they'll choose to make a new print, but given that we don't get as many new prints or molds as we used to for lego marvel, it seems to me that they'll reuse it.

Do we know if the venomized iron man is in this set? It seems like a logical thing to assume, I just wanted to know if we had a leaker say so or something.

Yeah could be, I just hope we get her as an official minifigure.

As for Venom-Ironman fig, nope no confirmation yet, that this is included in the set. 

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah I think it's safe to assume that another character will be venomized Cap maybe? 

Hell we could even get Black Suit Spidey in this. Crossfingers*

Yeah could be, I just hope we get her as an official minifigure.

As for Venom-Ironman fig, nope no confirmation yet, that this is included in the set. 

I think we might want to slow down on all the venomized characters and whatnot. Remember, we had a $50 set with venom last year with no venomized figures. This iron man could still be (and likely is) a GWP. He could also show up in the venom set, but I don't think it's something we can be sure of, much less there being more venom figures in a set that would already have normal venom and spider-man.