Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It was a popular run. + It is considered as another Ironman variant. We all know how much TLG loves Ironman as fans do too. 

If it was up for me I’d rather get zombie Iron man from Spider-Man  Far from home.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually, there's no solid info that this will be GWP and why is it a wasted spot for you, if you don't mind me asking? 

Like others I would've much rather seen new variants/characters from the MCU. If this figure was the next figure in a long standing line of venomized characters I wouldn't have minded as much but this just feels incredibly random and stupid as figures like scalesuit Cap and black/red Spidey are much more requested. And the lack of detail the figure apparantly has makes me wonder why it was made in the first place

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't get why everyone is so upset we're getting a venomized iron man.  it's a cool looking figure, another iron man variant, and likely free with purchase

Actually we don’t know what it looks like yet. Could be horrible for all we know. My point being it’s just a throwaway minifig, that could have been a variant that people actually wanted.

Edited by benderisgreat

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like others I would've much rather seen new variants/characters from the MCU. If this figure was the next figure in a long standing line of venomized characters I wouldn't have minded as much but this just feels incredibly random and stupid as figures like scalesuit Cap and black/red Spidey are much more requested. And the lack of detail the figure apparantly has makes me wonder why it was made in the first place

That's the thing, as far as we know this doesn't promote MCU based sets. If this was really a GWP it will be around when Avengers and Spider-man sets are released. 

Don't get me wrong, I also wanted those scale suit cap, bro thor, iron patriot figs from Endgame to be made but I think we're done with Endgame (for now). Not unless they'll revisit it or surprise us with UCS MCU based set. 

Its most likely meant to coincide with the new Maximum Venom season of Marvel’s Spider-Man. Thats what the art is from online. Makes sense since we’re also getting Anya Corazon this wave.

While I agree that we should be getting other characters before this figure, I like the concept and would have liked to see the 2020 wave have some more Venom variants instead of what we got.

I just hope its a $50 GWP and not a $75 or $99.

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually we don’t know what it looks like yet. Could be horrible for all we know. My point being it’s just a throwaway minifig, that could have been a variant that people actually wanted.

And my point is that it's an interesting concept based on a good-looking design, perfect as a GWP precisely because it's not a vital variant. If this was scale suit cap or something you would be complaining about how since it's a GWP you'll have to spend $50-$75 on a "garbage" wave of sets just to get it.

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Crossbones’ Hazard Heist back during CW was mostly just tactical suits. 

Somewhat true, except falcon's got the big wings, and even then black widow has the electric blue lines on her suit. My point is lego won't make a set with only civilian and/or tactical suits. 

Maybe not the best place for it, but has anyone seen this head before? Seller is claiming it’s an authentic SDCC fig but the head is so clearly wrong from every other pic I’ve seen. Maybe someone knows what it’s from..

https://imgur.com/lS1KQdh

51 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Maybe not the best place for it, but has anyone seen this head before? Seller is claiming it’s an authentic SDCC fig but the head is so clearly wrong from every other pic I’ve seen. Maybe someone knows what it’s from..

If I remember right its from a custom from a couple of years back,  but I don't remember exactly where from, most likely ebay, I can almost guarantee its not a bootleg piece

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

That's not an official lego print. the seller's either stupid or trying to scam you.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's not an official lego print. the seller's either stupid or trying to scam you.

What gave me pause is this is an eBay auction where it’s already been bid to 80+$ and the seller has nearly every CC fig for sale. I know people reproduce the clamshells and the printed materials but this seems to be the only one obviously wrong. Maybe he swapped heads at some point and the rest is legit, I dunno.

tough to bid on anything else he has though.

Additional information about the Ironman venomized fig. So, it appears that the specific armor that Venom is taking over is the suit that we will be getting in the Ironman mech 2020 Avengers set.

So to those people that hates the idea of this minifigure, now we see a clearer relevance.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Additional information about the Ironman venomized fig. So, it appears that the specific armor that Venom is taking over is the suit that we will be getting in the Ironman mech 2020 Avengers set.

So to those people that hates the idea of this minifigure, now we see a clearer relevance.

That's honestly just another reason to skip the figure

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are we sure? Because that suit has leg printing, but Iron Venom reputedly doesn’t? Are they going to have the legs be pure black and the symbiotic having taken over Iron Man from the chest down? That would be kinda lame.

30 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Are we sure? Because that suit has leg printing, but Iron Venom reputedly doesn’t? Are they going to have the legs be pure black and the symbiotic having taken over Iron Man from the chest down? That would be kinda lame.

Yup, legs are black. 

Yes that info is from me and it is taking over that iron man, legs are black, torso is like 75% venom but the rest is the iron man 2020 figure 

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes that info is from me and it is taking over that iron man, legs are black, torso is like 75% venom but the rest is the iron man 2020 figure 

Weird they cheated out on the legs....I hope it doesn't ruin the figure because the rest of it sounds awesome! Unique choice!

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's disappointing. especially since the legs are blank. This won't be enough to convince me to spend $50 on lego marvel come january, though the torso and helmet will probably look nice, a partially venomized suit would look wierd in my hall of armor.

Slightly off-topic but I was looking at the dc figs and joker's torso and legs would be perfect for a custom kingpin minifigure.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Now that I saw the fig, I want to have another 2020 Ironman fig to do some mix and match with the legs. Can't freaking wait. I personally like it. 

Left side is where you see Venom's spider emblem while it shows a blank arc reactor and small portion of Ironman's torso. Helmet is the coolest part of this figure.

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Now that I saw the fig, I want to have another 2020 Ironman fig to do some mix and match with the legs. Can't freaking wait. I personally like it. 

Left side is where you see Venom's spider emblem while it shows a blank arc reactor and small portion of Ironman's torso. Helmet is the coolest part of this figure.

Dang, it does look good. Here comes exorberant bricklink prices, or spending $40 on that stupid truck set to get the promo.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dang, it does look good. Here comes exorberant bricklink prices, or spending $40 on that stupid truck set to get the promo.

Hahahaha. I feel you bro. I feel you. Though I personally want to get Doc Ock set. 

In addition to that, I THINK Mysterio has a glow in the dark head. 

No one wanted this. No one needed this. Honestly, there are so many characters that people would totally LOVE to get - Spider-Man villains (Lizard, comic accurate Shocker, Electro, Rhino), Spider-Man variants (like Symbiote Spider-Man), Endgame characters in their actual suits, various superheroes (like Daredevil, Moon Knight, Blade) or supervillains (like Kingpin).

And here we are - getting a Venomized Iron Man. Some people like this minifigure, and I don't say they are wrong, but personally, I think it sucks hard. It looks really bad (again, my opinion). But my biggest problem isn't the minifigure itself - it's the minifigure choice.

I don't love it. It's nice to get another Venom facial expression I guess, but I can't say I'm a fan of it, and the fact that the torso isn't fully venomised detracts from the look of the thing significantly.

38 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Loads of interest & pages of discussion for two polybags compared to the reception the sets got. Ouch.

Welcome to Eurobricks :iamded_lol: