Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I HAVE to get that! Also a good way to get young Fury

I wonder how this polybag will be distributed though, it wouldn't suprise me if this is lego's way of forcing us to buy the garbage sets from next wave. Which would confirm even lego is aware of the awfull quality

The polybag leaked with pics of numerous other polybags so could just be the standard release ones

Definitely buying more than one if I find it, then I can make some more of starforce

This polybag is absolutely amazing news! Feel sorry for the people that spent lots of money for that Vers...

Yes, offering a gift with purchase is definitely tantamount to forcing you to purchase something you don't like, and also is incontrovertible proof that the people who created the thing you don't like agree that it is objectively bad. :hmpf:

45 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

This polybag is absolutely amazing news! Feel sorry for the people that spent lots of money for that Vers...

As do I, that's got to be disappointing. I'm overjoyed to see that Lego has done this, it makes it so much easier to get a highly desired figure.

42 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Yes, offering a gift with purchase is definitely tantamount to forcing you to purchase something you don't like, and also is incontrovertible proof that the people who created the thing you don't like agree that it is objectively bad. :hmpf:

Thank you for pointing this out (with the sarcasm). this is something people have been wanting forever, a way to get a comic con figure without spending hundreds to thousands of dollars, and now that lego did it, likely as a GWP for no more than $75, a FREE PRODUCT if you buy lego marvel (and not even the "garbage waves', there's still great sets like the sanctum on the lego shop, it's a bad thing. 

Nice Captain Marvel polybag!
Great opportunity to get it easy and decently priced for those who couldn't get/afford the Comic Con exclusive :excited:

Regards,
Mitch

There’s no way that Cap Marvel poly will be general release. It’s going to be a promo for Marvel specific sets only, with a threshold like that LBMM poly was (75$ I think).

38 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Since this polybag is technically 2020 sets does it mean we will finally have 2020 thread?

That’s not how the Licensed threads work anymore. If we are talking in 2019 then it’s the 2019 thread we use. If we are talking in 2020 then we use 2020 thread. What I’m saying is, the thread year corresponds to the year we are in currently not when the sets release.

42 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Falconfan said on his IG story that the polybag is available for purchase on January 1st. :excited:

Just saw it too! I'm very suprised this isn't a GWP, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one (wrong franchise, I know :wink: )

Edited by Guyon2002

Well, the polybag makes me feel better about not getting the SDCC set. Although, given how hard it is to find good polybags around here, I might’ve been better off. 

I am so glad the polybag will be available for purchase. Also glad to see we got Vers.

I feel bad for those that spent a lot of money on Vers, but in the future please remember that so far the only Marvel and DC figures with exclusive parts that have remained exclusive are those that come in the clam shells, not in the sets. Until we see a year in which they stay exclusive, I'd advise against buying those sets for the figures.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Falconfan said on his IG story that the polybag is available for purchase on January 1st. :excited:

I hope they have quantity limits or my wallet will have a surprise withdrawl of the approximate number of polybags for every memeber of the kree starforce. Regardless, this is AMAZING news, and proof that the lego marvel line still has hope. It will be interesting to see all the complaints incoming of "they didn't include maria" "$(price) is too much for a polybag" or whatnot.

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just saw it too! I'm very suprised this isn't a GWP, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one (wrong franchise, I know :wink: )

Star wars prequel memes are a needed part of all franchise discussions

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I might be reading too much into things but I like that the pay phone looks like a modern version the ones included in the 90s sets. Very fitting since Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s.

https://brickset.com/sets/6422-1/Telephone-Repair

It would be cool to see a scene from the movie done in Lego but only using 90s Town sets.

The Hulk Helicopter drop is listed on the UK Lego store for release on December 1st and not today which I thought was the release date :sadnew:, priced at £54.99 as well which seems a lot for what it is 

Edited by tillerjnr

7 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I might be reading too much into things but I like that the pay phone looks like a modern version the ones included in the 90s sets. Very fitting since Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s.

https://brickset.com/sets/6422-1/Telephone-Repair

It would be cool to see a scene from the movie done in Lego but only using 90s Town sets.

You're definitely reading into it too much. It's recreating the scene from the movie when she's at a payphone, trying to call Starforce.

13 hours ago, tillerjnr said:

The Hulk Helicopter drop is listed on the UK Lego store for release on December 1st and not today which I thought was the release date :sadnew:, priced at £54.99 as well which seems a lot for what it is 

I saw it on the Oz Lego website it's too much money.  They only way to buy these superhero sets is at 30% discount if you know when and where to shop! 

Totally forgot that Hulk Helicopter Rescue released at the start of the week, but I snagged it on Target.com for $48 which is a much better price. Won’t be able to build it for a couple weeks but I’m excited. I’m hoping to get another one when it’s half off or less.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Falconfan set an 8 hour wait for the marvel related reveal on his Instagram. Black widow set reveal?

It's probably too early for that, right (if you meant reveal as pictures)? Since the Black Widow movie comes out in May. I think Falconfan's announcement has to do with info on Marvel Zebra or Black Widow set description.

33 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

It's probably too early for that, right (if you meant reveal as pictures)? Since the Black Widow movie comes out in May. I think Falconfan's announcement has to do with info on Marvel Zebra or Black Widow set description.

Actually most of the sets based on May Marvel movies are usually leaked by late December , so it’s not too far fetched to expect at least a minifig teaser. 

51 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually most of the sets based on May Marvel movies are usually leaked by late December , so it’s not too far fetched to expect at least a minifig teaser. 

Yeah I hope to see leaks too...