Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

What frustrates me a little is that it’s been more than 6 months after Endgame’s release, yet LEGO still refuses to give us accurate Endgame sets...

Wow, what a snoozefest. I usually don't jump on the Lego Marvel hate bandwagon, but there really isn't anything good to say about this wave. Spider-Girl and Spider Noir are the only new characters, but they're not nearly enough to make me buy such ugly looking sets. The updates to the Avengers figs don't even look that good imo. I love mechs as much as the next guy, but this is just too much, and these are so lazily designed with those Nexo suit pieces. The last venom mech is still on the shelves and looks way better than this one. That truck, that AIM tricycle, that spider-cycle-mech-thingy... What were they thinking? :sick: I guess with no big MCU movie to base sets on, TLG is completely out of ideas. :sadnew:

Wish that the Spider-Mech had gold Chima spider legs instead of silver so that we could use it for Iron Spider. Those only appeared in 2 sets in that color.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

I do like the Venomech suit though, pretty similar to what I was hoping for 

The Spidercycle with the legs is an abomination. It's absolutely stupid, and I love it. I won't be getting it, but it's hilarious.

I don't know about the mech, I think they all look pretty stupid, and personally I was hoping the venom one would be more organic like last years.

However, I completely agree about the legged spidercycle. The previous wave, and the plane and stuff in this wave, those are ugly and stupid. This is such an abomination, it's beautiful. I also won't be picking it up, but it just has this perverse concept of two idiotic previous sets mashed together, along with no purpose even if spider man needed a vehicle for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Well yah. I'm just saying how Marvel doesn't get similar quality, in both builds and figures, in a consistent manner like other themes. 

No i get that, I was just pointing out that this likely isn't disney's fault. In my opinion the reason these other themes get more detailed and adult sets is because they have more adult interest. Sure, adults love the MCU, but it just seems to me like it's a less likely group of people to spend a ton of money on detailed lego models when the have much less iconic vehicles and whatnot than star wars, where it's all about the spaceships. The main focus of marvel is the figures, which yeah, should be of better quality than they are, but less adults are going to spend tons of money on garbage builds for figures, and most children will still buy a set even if captain america doesn't have leg printing.

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

The wave for Infinity War was mint. Two-part spaceship which looked like what was onscreen, an Easter-egg packed location set which bridged the divide between playset and display piece really well, couple of Hulkbusters in case you missed the one before....

True, infinity war's sets were great. But then, it had more non-spoiler stuff than endgame to make models off of. Endgame really only had the quinjet that shows up for a few seconds, since so much of the film was kept under wraps.

7 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

The IW sets did spoil a few things, such as Banner using the Hulkbuster, the Avengers encountering the Black Order at the Sanctum Sanctorum, the Guardians meeting up with Iron Man to take on Thanos, etc.. 

Those weren't really spoilers. The Black Order in NY and the Guardians teaming up with Stark's squad were in the trailers and Banner using the Hulkbuster was revealed by Funko  before lego even released their set images.

IRON man mech covered in GOLD ingots just thought that was funny

(I know Gold is part of his color scheme, it's just a joke)

Edited by TeriXeri

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The normal hand on the Thanos Mech has 4 fingers, the Gauntlet hand has 5. Good job lego!

Cool, they based Thanos on me (I have four fingers on my right hand as well :tongue: ) . 

I find the new sets interesting. The Iron Man and Thanos Mech aren't that bad, really, it's just they have small heads in comparison.
The Spidey sets are nicely done, if you ask me, but I never really get what the heck Spider-Man needs all those vehicles or mechs for. He can swing, people :sadnew:
Also, it seems a lot of banks are being robbed by Spidey villains :grin:

Regards,
Mitch

Is there a plan to make the new sets appeal more to younger children? The 2020 City sets look very childish as well, almost like they're all Juniors/4+.

I wonder what caused it, is it a decision made by the higher-ups because they wanna try something new and possibly noticed preteens might prefer video games to actual toys... or is it due to a new team of designers or something? I just hope that's not the start of a new trend and that other themes won't be affected by it. Of course we're obviously not the target demographic and are mostly just along for the ride but it would be a shame if your average LEGO set were to become more simplified.

What happened to Lego Marvel? Is TLG just doing the absolute bare minimum to squeeze money out of people? Because long time Lego and Marvel fan here and I want absolutely none of these poorly made sets. It's sad I could probably find better made knock off brand ones. Utter garbage. 

13 minutes ago, Ultron said:

What happened to Lego Marvel? Is TLG just doing the absolute bare minimum to squeeze money out of people? Because long time Lego and Marvel fan here and I want absolutely none of these poorly made sets. It's sad I could probably find better made knock off brand ones. Utter garbage. 

This, this is what Lego needs to listen to. Last 2-3 years for the most part was garbage waves of Marvel! And we all know Lego can do a lot better, just look at themes that Lego really puts some effort: new molds, prints all around and nice builds.

18 hours ago, HarryVader said:

What frustrates me a little is that it’s been more than 6 months after Endgame’s release, yet LEGO still refuses to give us accurate Endgame sets...

Eight or nine months would be considered a rush job.

53 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

This, this is what Lego needs to listen to. Last 2-3 years for the most part was garbage waves of Marvel! And we all know Lego can do a lot better, just look at themes that Lego really puts some effort: new molds, prints all around and nice builds.

It's really sad when the Trolls sets are higher quality than Marvel. 

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

IRON man mech covered in GOLD ingots just thought that was funny

(I know Gold is part of his color scheme, it's just a joke)

I missed that, but looking back on it with all those gold ingots, I might buy the set instead of bricklinking iron man

5 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Also, it seems a lot of banks are being robbed by Spidey villains :grin:

Actually, that's an interesting point, since both the bank robberies are junior sets. Is is that the juniors sets need to have the villians focused on stealing, now? Like, so it's not fighting, maybe they have new standards for their 4+ sets.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Eight or nine months would be considered a rush job.

Exactly, people here forget how long it takes to make a set.

50 minutes ago, Ultron said:

It's really sad when the Trolls sets are higher quality than Marvel. 

They really aren't though...

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

The garbage waves started after Infinity War imo. Untill then it was all pretty good, at the very least decent and very rarely amazing

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

At least we can look forward to the summer wave. Didn’t @Falconfan1414 or someone of the like say Endgame sold so well that they’re budget is going up for summer 2020 sets?

Pretty sure that was speculation as well

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think he's referring to the amount of new character-specific molds introduced for the theme. Meanwhile they reuse inaccurate pieces for the main heroes of a marvel movie

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*snap*

At least Trolls get some kind of cool builds that make sense, they don't get random Robo-Motorcycle or Jet builds. They also have bunch of new moulds.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think he's referring to the amount of new character-specific molds introduced for the theme. Meanwhile they reuse inaccurate pieces for the main heroes of a marvel movie

True, it did get alot of new molds

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least Trolls get some kind of cool builds that make sense, they don't get random Robo-Motorcycle or Jet builds. They also have bunch of new moulds.

I really wouldn't call the trolls builds "cool" or really in any way making sense at all but hey, each to his own.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I really wouldn't call the trolls builds "cool" or really in any way making sense at all but hey, each to his own.

All I'm saying is that the builds have details and are actually based on SOMETHING. I don't know what they are based on, but it's something. "Comic-based" Marvel sets aren't based on anything - they are random old scrapped designs that are oversized vehicles.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Cool is subjective.