Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Well i don’t know even what to say. Waste of plastic maybe?

The Mysterio minifig is cool. But that mech he rides in? :sick: 

that Doc Ock has a different faceprint i think. Could be interesting. 

The bigger mechas remind me of the constraction figures from earlier times. 

Nah, wallet we good. 

What does Lego actually expect from us? They make a wave like this - only a few new figures and oversized weird vehicles that feel nothing like Marvel. There are 9 sets, and there isn't a single playset. Vehicles in Avengers kind of make sense, but why does Spider-Man need vehicles? What's the point of having super powers?

This Spider-Man wave doesn't feel any different from the last wave, which was at least something fresh. This isn't fresh. This is terrible.

20 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Well, uh... the builds aren't really that great on most of them, but I mostly just wanted the figures anyway. Wasn't planning on getting the Venom set, but it actually looks pretty good so I might get it after all. Kind of disappointed with Doc Ock, although are those new "web cuffs" on his hands? The Thanos Mech looks pretty cool too. Hopefully the official reveal is soon so we can get a clearer look.

The web cuffs are part of the web power blast accessory pack they introduced with the sets earlier this year and are reusing going forward. It’s been in a lot of the Spider-Man sets and I have like three of them already. It’s not new. 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll probably get the Iron Man Mech just for the figure, the rest of the sets are easy passes for me

Me too. There's more garbage in the marvel line his year than in my entire neighbourhood.

Star Wars can make great sets that are great for both adult and children. Jurassic World and Harry Potter can also do that. Even Ninjago can do that. But Marvel gives us this crap? Sets for 5 years old? I know they can do better. Sets based on movies are much better than comic ones.

If we want a decent set, Black Widow, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Eternals are our only chances this year.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we want a decent set, Black Widow, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Eternals are our only chances this year.

I already see us getting a Black Widow Spider Crawler, Falcon Jet and a Winter Soldier mech shaped as his metal arm

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I already see us getting a Black Widow Spider Crawler, Falcon Jet and a Winter Soldier mech shaped as his metal arm

:iamded_lol: I lol'ed so hard.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This year?

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sets based on movies are much better than comic ones.

Why? I mean that should not differ at all :-s those sets just need to be designed better. 

17 minutes ago, Borex said:

Why? I mean that should not differ at all :-s those sets just need to be designed better. 

It does actually. Movie based sets are miles better than the comic ones.

For movies we get cool builds that are actually based on something that appears on the big screen, even if the builds sometimes don't look good, at least they have new minifigures (because every movie has new characters and new designs for them.

On the other hand, the comic sets are just random oversized vehicles (that were probably recycled from themes like Nexo Knights), most figures are repeats (just look at the new Spider-Man wave) and the sets make no logical sense - they aren't actually comic based, they are random vehicles with comicbook character colours and some minfigures thrown in.

@SpiderJazz I meant 2020, that's when we'll get more sets.

I'll probably just Bricklink some minifigures instead of buying any of these sets. I'll save the money on Ninjago and Star Wars sets, which are amazing. 

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

the sets make no logical sense - they aren't actually comic based, they are random vehicles with comicbook character colours and some minfigures thrown in.

You say it yourself, they aren’t comic based. And that’s my point really; they need to be designed better. The Spider-Man bridge was great. 

The 4+ Vulture set truck might be my favorite Marvel build in 3 waves. :facepalm: :laugh: Its funny and sad.

Love comic Mysterio, his mech is fun. Including Doc Ock, Venom, and Spider-Gwen in cheaper sets is good move. Everything else is a train wreck to AFOLs but I’m sure kids will enjoy them.

Edited by Legocity2713

How the hell do the Marvel sets continue to get worse and worse? These are absolutely horendous and the figures aren't even very enticing. They're not even trying with the builds. I'll withold some judgment on the sets based on the game until the game comes out but on their own they look awful. The mechs are ridiculous and the Spider-man sets are some of the worst they've ever done.  I'm really disappointed. The only good thing about this wave is that not getting any of them allows me to redirect my LEGO budget solely to Star Wars this year especially since those sets keep getting more expensive. Really, really poor showing from LEGO Marvel. It's heartbreaking to see how far they've fallen since the glorious wave that gave us the Ghost Rider set, the bridge battle and the Doc Ock mech-- at least in terms of non-MCU sets that is. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I haven't followed most of the LEGO Marvel sets in the far past years, however, I think Marvel has the worst designed sets I have ever seen if not the worst theme by just looking at how the sets look. Not only this wave but many previous waves as well. Figures usually suck, there are new molds and crazy good prints for obscure and unimportant characters in other themes and the main characters in Marvel just get torso prints and sometimes leg prints??? Look at the DC sets, they all usually look pretty good for kids and adults so why can't they translate similar quality to Marvel (what happened to "only the best is good enough"?). Or maybe its Disney's fault, maybe they just want the cheapest looking set for the highest price idk. Oh well, LEGO is for kids after all and they don't care about quality sets they want something to play with. :/

6 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I haven't followed most of the LEGO Marvel sets in the far past years, however, I think Marvel has the worst designed sets I have ever seen if not the worst theme by just looking at how the sets look. Not only this wave but many previous waves as well. Figures usually suck, there are new molds and crazy good prints for obscure and unimportant characters in other themes and the main characters in Marvel just get torso prints and sometimes leg prints??? Look at the DC sets, they all usually look pretty good for kids and adults so why can't they translate similar quality to Marvel (what happened to "only the best is good enough"?). Or maybe its Disney's fault, maybe they just want the cheapest looking set for the highest price idk. Oh well, LEGO is for kids after all and they don't care about quality sets they want something to play with. :/

You do realize disney owns many of the IP's for the "other themes" you're talking about, like star wars?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'll probably just Bricklink some minifigures instead of buying any of these sets. I'll save the money on Ninjago and Star Wars sets, which are amazing. 

bricklinking cap and buying the iron man mech, and that's about it. Heck, I might even just bricklink the iron man, the mech is literally worth nothing to me

Very disappointing lineup. There isn't a single set I find remotely appealing to buy from this range. Even the character selection isn't really offering anything new. :sceptic:

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

Relatedly, I hope that the "jet" is actually Noir's, and looks WW2ish. Oh, and also that doesn't have the default Spider-Man vehicle colour scheme, which almost always makes what could be a decent build look garish.

Aw, that could've been way cooler... :sad: ...I mean, I know it was just wistful speculation on your part, but such a build could've looked something like this...

warhawk%203wing%20final%2001%20copy.jpg

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Aw, that could've been way cooler... :sad: ...I mean, I know it was just wistful speculation on your part, but such a build could've looked something like this...

*Snip*

Lol yeah, the weird gunship thing in the final set is probably the exact opposite of what I expected a jet belonging to Spider-Man Noir to look like. It's just a shame that they didn't have the confidence to do something that actually fits with Spider-Man Noir's context. I don't hate the build (again, would prefer it wasn't in red and blue), but it doesn't make sense for any of the characters there to own it. I do like the Venomech suit though, pretty similar to what I was hoping for (pictured below.)aaron-sims-creative-asc-lostinspace-alie

I'm considering getting the Spider-Man mech and repurposing it to be SP//DR. I really wish Lego would've just made it SP//DR in the first place, but oh well.

Might get the Mysterio mech. Probably won't. 

12 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Does Mysterio have his classic gold gauntlets printed on his arms or am I just seeing things?

I don't see anything there personally, and I don't see anything on the legs either.

The Spidercycle with the legs is an abomination. It's absolutely stupid, and I love it. I won't be getting it, but it's hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Does Mysterio have his classic gold gauntlets printed on his arms or am I just seeing things?

With this kind of quality, I would say that you are just day dreaming. Leaning towards that it is not printed as expected.

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You do realize disney owns many of the IP's for the "other themes" you're talking about, like star wars?

bricklinking cap and buying the iron man mech, and that's about it. Heck, I might even just bricklink the iron man, the mech is literally worth nothing to me

Well yah. I'm just saying how Marvel doesn't get similar quality, in both builds and figures, in a consistent manner like other themes. 

13 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I don't see anything there personally, and I don't see anything on the legs either.

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

With this kind of quality, I would say that you are just day dreaming. Leaning towards that it is not printed as expected.

Dang, missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I think Marvel has the worst designed sets I have ever seen if not the worst theme by just looking at how the sets look. Not only this wave but many previous waves as well.

The wave for Infinity War was mint. Two-part spaceship which looked like what was onscreen, an Easter-egg packed location set which bridged the divide between playset and display piece really well, couple of Hulkbusters in case you missed the one before....

I think that’s why people are taking these reveals badly. It’s been kind of a rapid plummet.

Do we need to change “Discussion” in the forum title to “Support Group” yet?

40 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

The wave for Infinity War was mint. Two-part spaceship which looked like what was onscreen, an Easter-egg packed location set which bridged the divide between playset and display piece really well, couple of Hulkbusters in case you missed the one before....

I think that’s why people are taking these reveals badly. It’s been kind of a rapid plummet.

Do we need to change “Discussion” in the forum title to “Support Group” yet?

I agree on the IW sets, they were awesome. I think one of a few reasons why the recent waves haven’t been accurate compared to the source material was because Disney cracked the whip and told Lego they couldn’t do any spoilery sets. The IW sets did spoil a few things, such as Banner using the Hulkbuster, the Avengers encountering the Black Order at the Sanctum Sanctorum, the Guardians meeting up with Iron Man to take on Thanos, etc.. The Russo brothers and Disney were really careful to keep things hush hush for Endgame. Some of the actors didn’t even know who was going to die or what was going to happen because multiple scenes were shot that didn’t end up in the movies. So once again, I think a big reason the recent waves haven’t been accurate to the source material is because Lego wasn’t given a lot to go on as with most other Endgame toys that came out at the time of the movie’s release.

Edited by Moon_Knight