Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ugh, I’m not a fan of that Iron Man Mech...I hate it when they use minifigure heads as the heads of mechs and the shoulders seem really wide and awkward to me. I hope the Thanos one is better. I like the bike and truck sets well enough, the AIM side builds are pretty cool and I’m actually really liking the unique armored look of the truck. 

Ironically this is the only set I'm buying come release, just for the figure. If the captain america was in the bike, I would have bought it, but unfortunately he's in the truck that's twice the cost.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wow that Iron Man Mech is ugly . . I’ll reserve judgement on the A-Day (I think that’s what the game’s called right?) sets until we have better images but they don’t look great . . at least my wallet is happy.

The game is called marvel's avengers. A-day refers to the terrorist attack kicking off the game.

Wow these sets are bad, definetely a top contender for ''worst Marvel wave''. But I'll wait with my final judgement for the HD pics

My oh my are these sets shit. My favorite thing about them is Thor's hair.

I don't even think adding a Hulkbuster helmet to the Iron Man mech would save it.

Edited by Legocity2713

Woof. If this is an insane plot to make Hulk's Haunted Helicopter look like a slam dunk $60 fun time, then it's almost working.

Scrolling down the for-once-functional #legoleaks search, did anyone else notice that pretty much every set, across every theme except Star Wars, has MASSIVE HUGE OVERSIZED TYRES WHICH ARE BIGGER THAN THE VEHICLE WOULD EVER NEED? Maybe someone messed up on the 2020 order form for rubber. 

At least it's greasing my guilty slide into spending hundreds which I shouldn't spend on that Batmobile.

Have to agree with everyone on the new sets. Definitely an easy pass for me. Hopefully the Spider-Man ones will fare better.

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Scrolling down the for-once-functional #legoleaks search, did anyone else notice that pretty much every set, across every theme except Star Wars, has MASSIVE HUGE OVERSIZED TYRES WHICH ARE BIGGER THAN THE VEHICLE WOULD EVER NEED? Maybe someone messed up on the 2020 order form for rubber. 

I noticed that 3-in-1 red car having massively oversized wheels, but now you mention it I can actually see that in most of the Ninjago and City sets too. Not so much in the gorgeous new Speed Champions sets (and oh my god, can we just talk about how great they look now they're 8 studs wide? That size should really be made the norm among all lines, the proportions compared to a figure look so good instead of weirdly undersized as they did before with the 6 wide Speed Champions sets.) Coming back to marvel, it really pains me when I'm scrolling along and go from this beautifully detailed sports car to The Avengers' truck that looks like it was designed by a 12 year old throwing bricks at a wall to see what sticks.

Edited by ood0

Crazy how TLG would choose these over more endgame sets. The child market must be really huge with the adult collector market being really small when it comes to lego marvel. Either that or TLG is having problems behind the scenes with producing marvel sets.

Endgame being the highest grossing film of all time, I'd expect the demand for recreating the endgame final battle in lego to be so high that TLG would be pulling out as much quality lego sets as star wars or overwatch.

Edited by Simple1DEA

15 minutes ago, Simple1DEA said:

Crazy how TLG would choose these over more endgame sets.

Crazy how AFOLs insist on remaining so steadfastly ignorant of how licensing works.

18 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Crazy how AFOLs insist on remaining so steadfastly ignorant of how licensing works.

Where can I read some information on Lego's current licensing agreement with Marvel? Or anything related

Edited by Simple1DEA

5 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

My oh my are these sets shit. My favorite thing about them is Thor's hair.

I don't even think adding a Hulkbuster helmet to the Iron Man mech would save it.

Yeah, these are really bad. Though I don't think there's ANY way to save the iron man mech. That thing's done.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Exactly.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ironically 

Ironically lol

yeah these sets are crap. But were we expecting anything else?

Nope! No we weren't. At least my wallets happy

Woof, that leaked "AvengersTruck Takedown" truck is one ugly thing. Looks like a box on wheels. And yeah, tha´ts basically what a truck is, but look at the set and you know what i mean.

I don´t expect something in Speed champions quality but a decently modelled vehicle would be nice.

Oh and i expect the Thanos mech being the exactly same as the Nexo Knights-ish Iron Man mech...just in, well...purple.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No Marvel leaks a day after all the sets leaked is rather... frustrating. Let's hope we don't have to wait long 

I don't even care about the visuals at this point, the sets are terrible

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m still holding out hope for the Spider-Man oh who am I kidding I’m not getting anything from this line. 

In all seriousness, I do like the leaked Spidey-Noir and I’d certainly like to get the set it comes in provided it’s at the very least a good parts pack. Plus I think I remember hearing Doc Ock was in it and since I don’t have an Ock (I missed the big mech in 2016 and didn’t care for the 4+ version) that’ll be a plus too. The Noir/Spidey plane might be my only Marvel purchase from 1HY 2020.

At least, until the Black Widow and Eternals sets are revealed. 

Hey, is there any chance that the plane might be black and designed to match Noir’s colours rather than Spidey? I know it’s unlikely but that would make it way cooler. 

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, is there any chance that the plane might be black and designed to match Noir’s colours rather than Spidey? I know it’s unlikely but that would make it way cooler. 

The vehicles are most likely in the same red and blue colorscheme they always use

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well said, my friend

Are they even trying to make decent sets anymore? And then they make minifigs from the new game. A game that people have said has the WORST avengers costume designs EVER. 

And people say I'm stupid..

Many thanks to Falcon Fan for posting the set descriptions on Instagram! I'm curious if Thanos actually comes with an infinity gauntlet or not. If he does, this is be great news as this will be the cheapest way to get that gauntlet...

4 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Many thanks to Falcon Fan for posting the set descriptions on Instagram! I'm curious if Thanos actually comes with an infinity gauntlet or not. If he does, this is be great news as this will be the cheapest way to get that gauntlet...

Brick built one for the mech 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brick built one for the mech 

Awww that's disappointing... hopefully the mech is better than Iron Man's

Ghost Spider for the Mysterio set. Plus a Mysterio mech. I know everyone else will say "oh no, another mech, superheroes sucks", but I'm really excited for this!

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ghost Spider for the Mysterio set. Plus a Mysterio mech. I know everyone else will say "oh no, another mech, superheroes sucks", but I'm really excited for this!

A repeat of Ghost Spider? Now I feel silly for getting the giant Venom set . . do you have confirmation?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

A repeat of Ghost Spider? Now I feel silly for getting the giant Venom set . . do you have confirmation?

It’s from me and yes

I get the apeal of vehicles and mechs for kids but this is getting out of hand.....  If Mysterio has enough money to afford a mech, why does he need to rob a bank?

What will be next wave? Aunt May's mech?