Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Another picture of Black Panther leaked, but this time the minfig has Wolverine's claws. Do you think this means BP actually has those claws in the set?

I hope so. If this is the comic version, it needs the claws.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope so. If this is the comic version, it needs the claws.

I still would love to get the claw piece from Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game, the one used for characters like Black Panther and Sabretooth.

"Lego marvels future will be defined in August 2020" - Falconfan

I'm guessing this either means they're planning on ending the marvel line or they're planning to put more effort into the line. Judging by how Endgame has passed by, they don't really put much thought into the Marvel sets (often the builds were clearly made for Nexo Knights or past Marvel movies), Spider-Man sets are now branded under "Spider-Man" instead of "Marvel" and Marvel is never one of the top selling themes on the quarterly reports, I find the former likely.

27 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I'm guessing this either means they're planning on ending the marvel line or they're planning to put more effort into the line. Judging by how Endgame has passed by, they don't really put much thought into the Marvel sets (often the builds were clearly made for Nexo Knights or past Marvel movies), Spider-Man sets are now branded under "Spider-Man" instead of "Marvel" and Marvel is never one of the top selling themes on the quarterly reports, I find the former likely.

I would say the opposite. One of the best selling themes in the last quarterly report was Avengers... Considering Falconfan (I think) also said to expect better Marvel sets, I would be optimistic about the future of Lego Marvel.

Edited by HarryVader

13 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I would say the opposite. One of the best selling themes in the last quarterly report was Avengers... Considering Falconfan (I think) also said to expect better Marvel sets, I would be optimistic about the future of Lego Marvel.

Completely agree with this statement. I think Falconfan might be implying that Marvel license is set to expire next August, but given LEGOs relationship with Disney, I hope that mean they will put more effort in Marvel line.

Edited by benderisgreat

After Lego revealed that Avengers was one of the best selling themes this year, @Falconfan1414 said that we can expect effects of this not sooner than August 2020. I think this is it - they will finally put more effort into the sets.

Didn't it say something along the lines of "Marvel also contributed" instead of listing it as one of the top selling themes though?

38 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Didn't it say something along the lines of "Marvel also contributed" instead of listing it as one of the top selling themes though?

No, it said that Avengers sales were especially good. 

"LEGO Marvel Avengers sets performed especially strongly and LEGO Movie 2 products also contributed to consumer sales growth."

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

They listed out their top-selling themes of the quarter, and Avengers was one of them.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, ood0 said:

They wouldn't be ending the line right after it became one of their best selling themes.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:32 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After Lego revealed that Avengers was one of the best selling themes this year, @Falconfan1414 said that we can expect effects of this not sooner than August 2020. I think this is it - they will finally put more effort into the sets.

Good.

There's a Spider-Man leak floating around - the Secret Wars suit. There's a slight chance it's real, but it's probably fake. The account that posted it has 4 followers and 1 photo, so I do not expect it to be real.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a Spider-Man leak floating around - the Secret Wars suit. There's a slight chance it's real, but it's probably fake. The account that posted it has 4 followers and 1 photo, so I do not expect it to be real.

Looks really fake to me

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That “leak” seems to just use the miles morales head 

Isn't that something Lego would actually do :grin:

It's probably fake tho.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Secret wars suit is the OG symbiote suit, yes? If so, it's fake. It's almost certainly fake anyway, given how we already know 2 other spider-men for the wave, and when you factor in villians and the inevitable normal spider man in every set, those minifigure slots are pretty full.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Isn't that something Lego would actually do :grin:

It's probably fake tho.

Lego hasn't really gone that far yet.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Secret wars suit is the OG symbiote suit, yes? If so, it's fake. It's almost certainly fake anyway, given how we already know 2 other spider-men for the wave, and when you factor in villians and the inevitable normal spider man in every set, those minifigure slots are pretty full.

Lego hasn't really gone that far yet.

The Secret Wars suit is a different suit from a comic also called Secret Wars. The suit was also featured in either Shattered Dimensions or Edge of Time and the "new" Ps4 game as alternate suits

1 hour ago, Walter529a said:

The Secret Wars suit is a different suit from a comic also called Secret Wars. The suit was also featured in either Shattered Dimensions or Edge of Time and the "new" Ps4 game as alternate suits

Ah. Thanks

I found the "leaked image", 100% fake

Okay this is a very very far fetched theory, y’all are gonna call me crazy. But is it possible that summer, fall or winter we could see fantastic four sets coming our way? Okay okay before you say anything hear me out. Has anyone else noticed that the FF (Fantastic Four) has had a lot of new toys coming out? Idk maybe it’s because marvel now has the rights to them and marvel has deal with toy companies, those company cannot produce toys on characters that marvel has sold to fox, unless approved by fox. And the funko pop line has just exploded this past week with FF figures. Such as super skrull, reed Richards, the thing etc. maybe LEGO is considering this for the future because those and some x-men a characters that are LONG overdue. And maybe.... just maybe could be what falconfan1414 was hinting to on his Instagram story. “LEGO marvel line will be defined in 2020”. Please don’t take this as a rumor it’s just me blurting our thoughts. But I do want to hear your guy’s opinion.

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

Okay this is a very very far fetched theory, y’all are gonna call me crazy. But is it possible that summer, fall or winter we could see fantastic four sets coming our way? Okay okay before you say anything hear me out. Has anyone else noticed that the FF (Fantastic Four) has had a lot of new toys coming out? Idk maybe it’s because marvel now has the rights to them and marvel has deal with toy companies, those company cannot produce toys on characters that marvel has sold to fox, unless approved by fox. And the funko pop line has just exploded this past week with FF figures. Such as super skrull, reed Richards, the thing etc. maybe LEGO is considering this for the future because those and some x-men a characters that are LONG overdue. And maybe.... just maybe could be what falconfan1414 was hinting to on his Instagram story. “LEGO marvel line will be defined in 2020”. Please don’t take this as a rumor it’s just me blurting our thoughts. But I do want to hear your guy’s opinion.

That is possible, if Fox/Disney approved the license rights for other toy companies, then LEGO might do it.

Plus, they are gonna up the quality and try to make new characters that were impossible to be made in LEGO, so maybe bring a few high expectations. :tongue:

45 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I looked this up because I was sure there were fox's xmen and fan4stic pops, but nope. Xmen only had comic figures and these are the first fantastic 4 pops in 7-8 years, so there is some credence to your theory. It is still, of course, just a theory. The merch embargo on FF products has ended, but that doesn't mean we'll get lego fantastic four right off the bat. Funko has SO MANY pops for SO MANY different franchises and themes, whereas with lego we get in the market of 15-20 marvel sets, which includes polybags, promos, and whatnot. My point being, funko having FF pops doesn't mean we'll get FF figures. My bet is on seeing them once they join the mcu.

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I'm sure we'll see them eventually, but the design process usually takes a while. If I had to guess, we'll start seeing X-Men/Fantastic Four in 2021.

17 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

That is possible, if Fox/Disney approved the license rights for other toy companies, then LEGO might do it.

Plus, they are gonna up the quality and try to make new characters that were impossible to be made in LEGO, so maybe bring a few high expectations. :tongue:

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I looked this up because I was sure there were fox's xmen and fan4stic pops, but nope. Xmen only had comic figures and these are the first fantastic 4 pops in 7-8 years, so there is some credence to your theory. It is still, of course, just a theory. The merch embargo on FF products has ended, but that doesn't mean we'll get lego fantastic four right off the bat. Funko has SO MANY pops for SO MANY different franchises and themes, whereas with lego we get in the market of 15-20 marvel sets, which includes polybags, promos, and whatnot. My point being, funko having FF pops doesn't mean we'll get FF figures. My bet is on seeing them once they join the mcu.

15 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'm sure we'll see them eventually, but the design process usually takes a while. If I had to guess, we'll start seeing X-Men/Fantastic Four in 2021.

Hey, it’s just my theory and I’m glad the embargo ended cause I really could use some F4 collectibles. Anyways with all the marvel (MCU). Stuff coming and the video game sets. I wouldn’t say F4 or X-men right off the bat in 2020. But maybe later down the line in 2021-2022, I do expect however for these characters to be on legos radar now since marvel own the characters again, and LEGO can make the figures because of their deal with marvel. So I do have high expectations for LEGO in 2020, more dual molded legs and better prints especially if dc is getting a cmf series.

10 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Hey, it’s just my theory and I’m glad the embargo ended cause I really could use some F4 collectibles. Anyways with all the marvel (MCU). Stuff coming and the video game sets. I wouldn’t say F4 or X-men right off the bat in 2020. But maybe later down the line in 2021-2022, I do expect however for these characters to be on legos radar now since marvel own the characters again, and LEGO can make the figures because of their deal with marvel. So I do have high expectations for LEGO in 2020, more dual molded legs and better prints especially if dc is getting a cmf series.

DC getting a cmf series doesn't mean anything for marvel. And with all the MCU content we're getting the next few years I don't even think lego will cover all of it, let alone make comic sets. I wouldn't expect F4 or X-Men lego sets untill they appear in the MCU. As for your 2020 expectations I really suggest lowering them a bit. Dual molded legs and more/better prints are very rare when it comes to lego marvel, that doesn't just change overnight