Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The figures look minimal effort :look:

Even the ones that actually have more than just a torso and head print have problems with quality control or design;
- Spider-man Noir has alignment issues with its printing
- Iron Man Game has one of the biggest Lego helmets with the widest printing possible despite the smallest thinnest helmet in-game

It keeps feeling like the Marvel figures are getting reduced in quality in order to save budget for something - but then never feels like the budget is used for anything in the Marvel line-up. At this stage it feels like we wont get passable figures/sets unless they are based around Spider-man or Iron Man. The decreasing sales due to the reducing quality are bound to further cause this problem also.

I suppose you're the only one who doesn't like Iron Man's helmet and Spider-Man Noir, people really loved those two things.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

If he didn't have legprinting at all you probably would've complained too so I don't really see the problem here

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The figures look minimal effort :look:

Even the ones that actually have more than just a torso and head print have problems with quality control or design;
- Iron Man Game has one of the biggest Lego helmets with the widest printing possible despite the smallest thinnest helmet in-game

You do realize the spider-man noir's "alignment printing" is almost certainly a factory error, and on the very, very low chance you happen to get one, lego will send you another for free. Happened to me with the 2016 tie striker pilot from star wars, all I had to do was call them for a free replacement helmet.

And yes, iron man's helmet is a bit chunkier, but it does capture the look of the helmet really well.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I suppose you're the only one who doesn't like Iron Man's helmet and Spider-Man Noir, people really loved those two things.

Each wave the quality drops and each wave the basic expectations of what a figure should have get lowered. We have currently seen about 6 or 7 figures from this wave and the only ones with leg printing at all are Iron Man and Spider-man Noir, so naturally people will gravitate towards them. They have flaws in the design that people seem to be accepting simply because it's Spider-man Noir and another Iron Man variant.

It's why nobody seems to be talking about Thor or Cap and why people are only talking about the AIM Soldiers out of hope they'll do the comic version someday. It's easy for Spider-man Noir and Iron Man to stand out considering the state of the figures they are associated with in the wave.

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If he didn't have leg printing at all you probably would've complained too so I don't really see the problem here

Feels like a lot of denial, dismissal and defensive nature you put into a sentence here :look: It's a potential quality control issue and should be viewed as such, not a method to dismiss anyone hoping for more than just torso and head print on a figure people want a high level of accuracy for.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You do realize the spider-man noir's "alignment printing" is almost certainly a factory error, and on the very, very low chance you happen to get one, lego will send you another for free. Happened to me with the 2016 tie striker pilot from star wars, all I had to do was call them for a free replacement helmet

Quality control issues have been increasingly common with Lego and it seems unless they are acknowledged quickly they become the norm.

The increasing face print issues with figures heads were acknowledged most during the early 2010's and are the most common example, people accepted that as something small/random and this allowed Lego to get to the state it is now where every figure of a similar nature expresses the same issue. Contacting Customer Service does nothing at this point for that issue because is is the new quality standard expected and they have no figures with the actual fixed issue to provide. How long will it be until alignment issues are dismissed by Lego also?

Spoiler

j0tszduzsc921.jpg

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And yes, iron man's helmet is a bit chunkier, but it does capture the look of the helmet really well.

Visually the helmet print captures the likeness, but the chunky nature clashes with the thin nature of the actual in-game helmet. It's just really strange that they picked the thinnest helmet designs possible to replicate using the biggest helmets they have. I could have honestly seen a printed minfigure head working here - considering how small the head is.

5cff0d0cba3a7323863f36a2?width=2000&form

I don’t think the quality has dropped with this wave. I think the quality dropped in the 2016 summer wave and has stayed at that level since, with the lack of leg printing and constant repeats of the same Spider-Man villains. 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Each wave the quality drops and each wave the basic expectations of what a figure should have get lowered. We have currently seen about 6 or 7 figures from this wave and the only ones with leg printing at all are Iron Man and Spider-man Noir, so naturally people will gravitate towards them. They have flaws in the design that people seem to be accepting simply because it's Spider-man Noir and another Iron Man variant.

It's why nobody seems to be talking about Thor or Cap and why people are only talking about the AIM Soldiers out of hope they'll do the comic version someday. It's easy for Spider-man Noir and Iron Man to stand out considering the state of the figures they are associated with in the wave.

Feels like a lot of denial, dismissal and defensive nature you put into a sentence here :look: It's a potential quality control issue and should be viewed as such, not a method to dismiss anyone hoping for more than just torso and head print on a figure people want a high level of accuracy for.

Quality control issues have been increasingly common with Lego and it seems unless they are acknowledged quickly they become the norm.

The increasing face print issues with figures heads were acknowledged most during the early 2010's and are the most common example, people accepted that as something small/random and this allowed Lego to get to the state it is now where every figure of a similar nature expresses the same issue. Contacting Customer Service does nothing at this point for that issue because is is the new quality standard expected and they have no figures with the actual fixed issue to provide. How long will it be until alignment issues are dismissed by Lego also?

Reveal hidden contents

j0tszduzsc921.jpg

Visually the helmet print captures the likeness, but the chunky nature clashes with the thin nature of the actual in-game helmet. It's just really strange that they picked the thinnest helmet designs possible to replicate using the biggest helmets they have. I could have honestly seen a printed minfigure head working here - considering how small the head is.

First of all, Thanos also has leg printing. So that's three.

Quality isn't dropping down. It's definitely not. The quality has been literally the same for over a few years. Reused faces and legs, few new molds, rare leg printing and the chance of arm printing or dual molding is something like 1:100. There is no downgrade. It was always the same.

Seriously?! The Marvel line is consistently among LEGO’s lowest effort theme. It’s 2019, not 2005. With the detail put into Star Wars, Overwatch, and Ninajgo, LEGO has proven to be capable of so, so much more than what we’ve been getting the last 2-3 years. The almost complete lack of leg printing and non-existance of new molds is unacceptable. Why some people joyfully accept lower quality minifigures than we had when the line started in 2012 is beyond me! The way the Marvel theme gets neglected is beyond offensive. But yay, a D-list, alternate reality version of Spider-Man and a 25th Iron Man Minifigure! So cool guyz!

Edited by PARED

Leaked minifigs look really great! May have to get Iron Man and Captain America for my updated Avengers team.

Spider-Noir probably will look good in the final set pics, but Thor just look basic imo.

23 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

So over on Instagram some guy posted pictures of multiple Vers minifigs from the SDCC 2019 exclusive. Since we expected it to pop up in some polybag or set, is this likely an indication that it will indeed be widely available?

Most likely not. I think the chance of Vers popping up in a future set or polybag is incredibly low (like somewhere between 0 to 5% low). It's probably just someone posting pics of his SDCC figure. It's best to just accept we as 'normal customers' will most likely never see that figure in a normal retail set

Edited by Guyon2002

5 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Leaked minifigs look really great! May have to get Iron Man and Captain America for my updated Avengers team.

Spider-Noir probably will look good in the final set pics, but Thor just look basic imo.

There's a better image of thor with a cape, hammer, and "power blast" (why are these continuing when there's the clearly superior power bursts) on instagram somewhere. He looks a little better in it, but not too much.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

So over on Instagram some guy posted pictures of multiple Vers minifigs from the SDCC 2019 exclusive. Since we expected it to pop up in some polybag or set, is this likely an indication that it will indeed be widely available?

I think it's just someone "flexing" how many SDCC captain marvel figures they have.

Maybe not. @Falconfan1414 just posted a pic of the SDCC set on his story and said “don’t waste your money just yet”. Maybe it’ll be available via the VIP rewards system or the figures will pop up somewhere?? I really hope so!

8 hours ago, PARED said:

Seriously?! The Marvel line is consistently among LEGO’s lowest effort theme. It’s 2019, not 2005. With the detail put into Star Wars, Overwatch, and Ninajgo, LEGO has proven to be capable of so, so much more than what we’ve been getting the last 2-3 years. The almost complete lack of leg printing and non-existance of new molds is unacceptable. Why some people joyfully accept lower quality minifigures than we had when the line started in 2012 is beyond me! The way the Marvel theme gets neglected is beyond offensive. But yay, a D-list, alternate reality version of Spider-Man and a 25th Iron Man Minifigure! So cool guyz!

Compared to most Marvel has a higher percentage of leg printing. Almost half (48%) of the regular Marvel non Con, non bigfig, non micro, non short legged, non skirt piece wearing minifigures have leg printing. Of DCs line in the same timeframe it’s closer to 41%, and that’s with TLBM taken into consideration. There’s no point counting Ninjago as it’s a house IP, Overwatch was a bold experiment, but currently that’s at 75% out of 12 possibles. Star Wars? From what I can make out, considering all regular figures as above, about 43% have leg printing.  Now for that I am assuming that an awful lot are the same darn Stormtrooper over and over, but the same could be said for Iron Man. Marvel wins. I used Bricklink, for reference.

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe not. @Falconfan1414 just posted a pic of the SDCC set on his story and said “don’t waste your money just yet”. Maybe it’ll be available via the VIP rewards system or the figures will pop up somewhere?? I really hope so!

As do I, this is an instance where I'm trying to stay more pessimistic than realistic, as it would be such a ground breakingly great thing for them to be availible elsewhere, and I can't get my hopes up.

15 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Compared to most Marvel has a higher percentage of leg printing. Almost half (48%) of the regular Marvel non Con, non bigfig, non micro, non short legged, non skirt piece wearing minifigures have leg printing. Of DCs line in the same timeframe it’s closer to 41%, and that’s with TLBM taken into consideration. There’s no point counting Ninjago as it’s a house IP, Overwatch was a bold experiment, but currently that’s at 75% out of 12 possibles. Star Wars? From what I can make out, considering all regular figures as above, about 43% have leg printing.  Now for that I am assuming that an awful lot are the same darn Stormtrooper over and over, but the same could be said for Iron Man. Marvel wins. I used Bricklink, for reference.

Yes, we only complain as much because that's the habit some of us have grown into. Thank you for taking the time to show to people that marvel isn't as neglected as people make it out to be.

Interesting.. I mean, it's just a recolor of an existing design. So it can be reproduced without so much effort. 

I'd be glad for those who doesn't have one yet. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a better image of thor with a cape, hammer, and "power blast" (why are these continuing when there's the clearly superior power bursts)

Because the power burst pieces are just for show, while kids can actually shoot things with the power blast. It's just another playfeature

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As do I, this is an instance where I'm trying to stay more pessimistic than realistic, as it would be such a ground breakingly great thing for them to be availible elsewhere, and I can't get my hopes up.

Yes, we only complain as much because that's the habit some of us have grown into. Thank you for taking the time to show to people that marvel isn't as neglected as people make it out to be.

You’re welcome. It’s surprising how many droids you have to discount before trawling through the various troopers :laugh:

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because the power burst pieces are just for show, while kids can actually shoot things with the power blast. It's just another playfeature

I also quite like the look of the power blasts on certain characters. The power burst pieces are very nice but they have a more sputtery, fiery look that doesn’t work as well for certain characters, and power blasts look pretty good and work very well as a play feature. 

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First of all, Thanos also has leg printing. So that's three.

Quality isn't dropping down. It's definitely not. The quality has been literally the same for over a few years. Reused faces and legs, few new molds, rare leg printing and the chance of arm printing or dual molding is something like 1:100. There is no downgrade. It was always the same.

Forgot about Thanos.

Disregarding the Endgame sets with the repeating Torso and Leg print, here is the quality we've come to expect with some of the characters;

• Thor introduced with just a torso print then gaining leg and arm print in the Ragnarok sets (2017) to Thor with just a torso print (2018, 2020)
    - The 2017 sets need to be viewed as an exception to the quality of the figure.
  • Black Panther introduced with a printed 'ear/helmet' piece in the Civil War sets (2016) to non-printed 'ear/helmet' piece in (2017 and 2020).
  • - The 2016 set needs to be viewed as an exception to the quality of the figure.
  • Hawkeye introduced and retaining leg printing in every prior version (2012, 2015, 2016) to no leg printing (2020).
    - The 2020 sets need to be viewed as an exception to the quality of the figure.

Each of these examples demonstrates different states of quality change.

With characters like Captain America, the only time he has gained leg printing is in the SDCC 2016 figure exclusive so it has not set a precedence for that level of quality. As such while fans may want additional printing, they are not massively disappointed when he does not get it because it has been established as an expected quality level without mainstream deviation.

Edited by Scarilian

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ooooooh I missed that! Nice! Crossing my fingers!

If this figure remained exclusive, it would break the pattern: historically the only minifigs that remain exclusive are the ones that come separately, not the ones in exclusive sets. (The exception would be last year's Aquaman, who doesn't include exclusive pieces anyways).

The guy is trying to sell his 6 minifigs on BL for a non-negligible price. He didn't have Rambeau last time I checked. I don't think he got them from the set. Also, he didn't reply when someone asked if they'll come in an upcoming set...

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Ooooooh I missed that! Nice! Crossing my fingers!

If this figure remained exclusive, it would break the pattern: historically the only minifigs that remain exclusive are the ones that come separately, not the ones in exclusive sets. (The exception would be last year's Aquaman, who doesn't include exclusive pieces anyways).

The guy is trying to sell his 6 minifigs on BL for a non-negligible price. He didn't have Rambeau last time I checked. I don't think he got them from the set. Also, he didn't reply when someone asked if they'll come in an upcoming set...

Yeah, that was a major red flag in the SDCC set for me: two exclusive figures? I believe that Maria has a new face print in that set as well. I really hope the whole set will be available since I like it quite a bit, but I’ll happily take just the figures. I don’t know where just the figures could pop up, though.

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, that was a major red flag in the SDCC set for me: two exclusive figures? I believe that Maria has a new face print in that set as well. I really hope the whole set will be available since I like it quite a bit, but I’ll happily take just the figures. I don’t know where just the figures could pop up, though.

Well, with the SDCC 2014 Rocket he showed up in a polybag eventually. I would expect something similar since it is the only precedent we have.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Each of these examples demonstrates different states of quality change.

No they do not. The examples demonstrate choices made by the designers of the sets - should the allocated budget be spent on decorations or more bricks.

49 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Well, with the SDCC 2014 Rocket he showed up in a polybag eventually. I would expect something similar since it is the only precedent we have.

TRUE. This could happen again. But as far as I remember the polybag came in after just a month? Correct me if I'm wrong I don't have a good memory.