Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

53 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

A $20 set with Black Widow and Yelena on a bike vs Taskmaster in some sort of armoured vehicle seems VERY likely to me based on what we've seen from the movie so far.

Agreed. The recent promo art that leaked like a week or so ago also had Widow and Taskmaster so I’d say that those two are guaranteed.

I’m glad I’ll finally be able to get my hands on a Black Widow figure that isn’t just from AoU.

Any chance that it’ll be the white Black Widow suit revealed at SDCC and Yelena will have the more classic Black Widow suit?

I think this was alluded to before, but isn't it true that Lego brand stores also sell retail exclusive sets?

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the design does stand out a bit, to me it seems to have alot more black and more of a militarized look, something new to cap's lego suits. 

You're right about iron man, though, I guess he will always be an insanely popular character now, and without him appearing near-constantly in the MCU they need to get suits from somewhere. When you consider how few directly comic-based sets lego has made for marvel (wolverine chopper set, and debatably some of the early 2017 sets), it makes sense that they'd make more gamerverse sets, and put lots of iron men in them.

I've never understood why retail exclusives are considered disappointing. Sure, it might be inconveniant to have to go to, say, a Wal-Mart instead of a target, but if you buy the set online from lego or amazon the impact is completely negated.

Outside of US, retail exclusive sets can be a real pain to find, and even if you do find them they are usually marked up from original price, so yeah it’s an issue for me.

Edited by benderisgreat

15 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think this was alluded to before, but isn't it true that Lego brand stores also sell retail exclusive sets?

Yep. They even had Darth Vader’s Castle, the Amazon exclusive set.

Retailer exclusives can be purchased right from Shop@Home

22 hours ago, HarryVader said:

100% true, yes.

11 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Outside of US, retail exclusive sets can be a real pain to find, and even if you do find them they are usually marked up from original price, so yeah it’s an issue for me.

But you can still buy them at shop at home for the same price, yes?

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

100% true, yes.

But you can still buy them at shop at home for the same price, yes?

There's no official Lego stores where I live, so exclusive sets are a big issue.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But you can still buy them at shop at home for the same price, yes

No - the available items for Denmark at Shop-at-Home dont include retail exclusives - so these are basically impossible to get here

Whoah, that Thor! Very cool torso piece.
This design also seems based on the MA game, no? I don't exactly remember the red scar-thingy, but the color and such of his armor reminds me of the videogame design alot.
Love it :sweet:
The other two also seem interesting, where's the Spider-lady from? What kind of variant is she or something?
The AIM soldier is... weird, in my opinion. 

Edit: I checked his videogame character spotlight on Youtube and, yeah, he has a red scarf, so :devil: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

So as of this writing, we have seen all of the Avengers minifigures and it's indeed based on the video game. I like both of Cap and Thor's torso however the lack of leg printing is a let down, but it's nothing new. I kinda expected it tho dual molded legs (which you can grab to other figs) can compensate the prints.

I already mentioned the head and combo piece for AIM Soldiers, I think the breather piece is new? I dunno when I first saw those it uses the one from Cross bones.

Those new Spider figs are awesome addition to the growing family!

PS: A good friend of mine said that he'll post Black Panther later, we almost forgot about that.

He'll have his little ears (MCU version) no leg printing and no cape.

AIM soldier is disappointing, pretty sure that breather piece is upside down, maybe the figure looked bad because of that mistake. The rest look amazing, especially Cap! Love his design! 

Cap and Thor's new minifigures look pretty good but I'm also not keen on the design of the AIM Soldier. I prefer their more traditional hazmat look.

Cap looks really nice, love the head and torso, but some leg pritning or dual-molding would be welcome.

Thor looks great, I love the torso and finally hair that fits his look, the arms are weird tho. In game, they have half-arm-length metal bracelets, the upper arms and hands are exposed, so these arms are wierd.

AIM Soldier looks weird, gas mask is definitely upside down.

The Spider-Man chick (Anya Corazon?) is nice, although it's a minifigure I never actually needed. Silk or Spider-Woman would be a much better choice. Wonder what set she comes in?

On 10/16/2019 at 11:34 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the design does stand out a bit, to me it seems to have alot more black and more of a militarized look, something new to cap's lego suits. 

I indeed stand corrected. The lighting on the leaked Cap minifig isn't great, but it looks spot on accurate to the videogame version.
It's militarized like you said and that is very well represented in the LEGO version. I love how that gives it a bit of WWII feeling, giving it the potential, for me, to be used as Cap's WWII suit :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

So new Thor looks terrible: no leg prints, and weird color arms for him. Should have used flesh color for arms, that would look much better. Cap is ok, also based on new Avengers game. But aim solder looks so bad, no new molds for beehive helmet and no leg prints. So disappointing after that cool Iron Man.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I like both of Cap and Thor's torso however the lack of leg printing is a let down, but it's nothing new. I kinda expected it tho dual molded legs (which you can grab to other figs) can compensate the prints.

Well, the LEGO Brand store's Build-A-Minifigure part selection has started offering some dual-molded legs that'd be fitting for Cap in particular... :wink:

On 10/7/2019 at 8:04 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like @caperberry's New Elementary has highlighted these most recent exclusive parts in their latest blog post; and I must say, I'm quite excited for those new Earth Blue/Dark Brown dual-molded legs in particular... :excited:

New Elementary - LEGO® BUILD A MINIFIGURE: EXCLUSIVE ELEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 2019

20191003_135613.jpg

Oh my god, what the hell! Seven years and STILL no leg printing for Cap. Those A.I.M. scientists look NOTHING (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) like their comic book counterparts. It really feels like the designers at the LEGO group hate the Marvel line. This is an abomination of a wave. I’m furious.

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, the LEGO Brand store's Build-A-Minifigure part selection has started offering some dual-molded legs that'd be fitting for Cap in particular... :wink:

Why the hell were they not included in the first place?!

So many variants, half-assed designs, and F-list characters while hundreds of the best characters sit unmade. The LEGO Group could not do a worse job with this theme if they tried. 

Edited by PARED

Anya is an exciting addition (along with Noir) but I'm not really fond of the game versions of Thor, Cap, or the AIM soldier. Iron Man looks great too, but I was really hoping the AIM soldiers would look good to make me want to buy these sets :/ I wish the old hazmat suit guy was a little less expensive cause just adding that helmet would make the figure look way better.