Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

As for AIM Soldier there won't be new molds for them. They will use Pilot helmet and breather (crossbones) together with the leaked yellow head.

Shame that we won’t be getting classic comic AIM soldiers, but this sounds pretty cool too

Just now, HarryVader said:

Shame that we won’t be getting classic comic AIM soldiers, but this sounds pretty cool too

Yeah, it's like new mold or nothing. 

We have been waiting since 2014 for a classic AIM agent. :wall: That was the year we got MODOK and there was a Lego Club magazine with an AIM soldier in it. (Turns out that was just the artist taking liberties, but the point still stands)

These aren’t AIM agents in my mind. The Avengers are fighting total nobodys in this wave and its stupid. :damn:

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That doesn't mean it cannot be used as Thor. 

And for those who's hoping for a helmet for Thor, he won't have it. They will re-use the 2012 hair for him. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Rey? I want Oldman Luke's hair form him. Lolz.

As for AIM Soldier there won't be new molds for them. They will use Pilot helmet and breather (crossbones) together with the leaked yellow head.

Can you confirm if the minifigures are based on the new Avengers Game?

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually Qui-Gon Jinns hair in blonde color would work perfectly for Thor.

This, thank you! I've been hoping for this for years now.
Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of 'blonde' when it comes to LEGO colors? Tan, or that bright (light) yellow that they use for Thor's longer hair? :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

7 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

This, thank you! I've been hoping for this for years now.
Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of 'blonde' when it comes to LEGO colors? Tan, or that bright (light) yellow that they use for Thor's longer hair? :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch

If it's used for MCU Thor then definitely tan, but comic Thor could easily use it in light yellow.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can you confirm if the minifigures are based on the new Avengers Game?

I think between the iron man suit clearly lifted straight from the game and the aim soldiers not having the comic outfits but looking like those of the game, we can safely assume it will have at the very least some similarities.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:03 AM, CF Mitch said:

Whoa, that Spider-Man Noir looks amazing! I'd say he's definitely based on the Spider-Verse movie.
No matter what, though, it's a great minifig altogether. That torso and legs combination can be very useful for MOCs and such as well (provided there's no spider printed on the back or anything :grin: ) :thumbup:

Whoa, I really wasn't expecting our first Noir Spidey figure to take after Nic Cage's Spider-Verse incarnation... :distressed: ...but, when you put it that way in terms of reusage of the torso and legs this figure offers, I'm kinda excited for it now, as they're simply perfect for any sorta Green Hornet/The Shadow-type vigilante archetype... :thumbup: :smug:

SHADOW-1-CVR-E-KIRKHAM-EXC-SUBSCRIPTION-VAR.jpg

14 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If it's used for MCU Thor then definitely tan, but comic Thor could easily use it in light yellow.

Exactly what I was thinking, haha :tongue: I really wish they'd use tan as a hair color more, again :sceptic:

Whoa, I really wasn't expecting our first Noir Spidey figure to take after Nic Cage's Spider-Verse incarnation... :distressed: ...but, when you put it that way in terms of reusage of the torso and legs this figure offers, I'm kinda excited for it now, as they're simply perfect for any sorta Green Hornet/The Shadow-type vigilante archetype... :thumbup: :smug:

Ooh, yes! Something like that indeed :devil:

Anyhoo, since it looks like several other new figs will be based on the Marvel's Avengers game, I don't think it will be that bad. Some of characters' designs aren't great perhaps, but they're definitely different so I think that could bring some really nice minifigures in the future.
Also, that Original Sin IM armor skin :drool::drool: God I hope that one becomes a LEGO version too, some day :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

they're simply perfect for any sorta Green Hornet/The Shadow-type vigilante

I was at once thinking The Silver Shroud from Fallout 4 when I saw this minifig - just lacking the silver tommy gun.

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Ooh, yes! Something like that indeed :devil:

I've always wanted the Collectable Minifigure theme to tackle that kinda archetype for a future CMF, but yes, this comes pretty close considering... :classic: ...for those who'll be reusing the torso and legs for such like you suggested, it wouldn't hurt throwing Reaper's trenchcoat cape into the mix for further effect! :grin:

75972_alt3.jpg

13 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Anyhoo, since it looks like several other new figs will be based on the Marvel's Avengers game, I don't think it will be that bad. Some of characters' designs aren't great perhaps, but they're definitely different so I think that could bring some really nice minifigures in the future.

(comment about wanting the original sin suit I accidently deleted)

I agree, the main thing people don't like about these for most of them just seems to be that they don't look like the MCU characters, specifically the faces, but lego marvel means that we'll have very few new face prints, so I wouldn't worry about that. I love the costumes from the game, and while I know I'm in the minority with liking the captain america suit all the other costumes are good, and it's nice to get new designs.

Any sort of alternate iron man suit, such as the one you mentioned, would likely require a wave 2. I would say tht depends on the popularity of the game, but seeing as we're getting sets that have had elements leak almost a year before the game's release, and will be released over 5 months before the game, it'll really just depend on how much they do for black widow, eternals, and falcon and winter soldier.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've always wanted the Collectable Minifigure theme to tackle that kinda archetype for a future CMF, but yes, this comes pretty close considering... :classic: ...for those who'll be reusing the torso and legs for such like you suggested, it wouldn't hurt throwing Reaper's trenchcoat cape into the mix for further effect! :grin:

Good idea, I made the mistake of purchasing that set awhile back and still haven't found a use for the truck parts or reaper.

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, the main thing people don't like about these for most of them just seems to be that they don't look like the MCU characters, specifically the faces, but lego marvel means that we'll have very few new face prints, so I wouldn't worry about that. I love the costumes from the game, and while I know I'm in the minority with liking the captain america suit all the other costumes are good, and it's nice to get new designs.

Any sort of alternate iron man suit, such as the one you mentioned, would likely require a wave 2. I would say tht depends on the popularity of the game, but seeing as we're getting sets that have had elements leak almost a year before the game's release, and will be released over 5 months before the game, it'll really just depend on how much they do for black widow, eternals, and falcon and winter soldier.

Captain America's suit in MA isn't that bad, no. Admittedly, it does kinda scream "I'm (not) wearing hockey pads! :angry:" but still :grin: 
I'm just wondering how much different it would be for LEGO though, 'cause the overal design of white star and red&white stripes on blue is still the same, so in regards to that I, myself, wouldn't really need a Cap based on the videogame.

Regarding you statement about other alternate suits requiring a wave two: I dunno, there will always (well, for a long while at least) be LEGO Marvel and that will definitely feature Iron Man, who won't always be based on the MCU, probably far less since he won't appear much in the movies anymore. So I think our chances for more variants are good :sweet: :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

So according to @Falconfan1414, there will be only one Black Widow set (which will be a retailer exclusive). There are two potential set numbers, either 76152 or 761(5 or 6?)2.

Everything I need is a Taskamster minifigure :))

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So according to @Falconfan1414, there will be only one Black Widow set (which will be a retailer exclusive). There are two potential set numbers, either 76152 or 761(5 or 6?)2.

Everything I need is a Taskamster minifigure :))

Depending on the price I think Black Widow and Taskmaster are pretty much guaranteed and Yelena Belova will probably be there too. 

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depending on the price I think Black Widow and Taskmaster are pretty much guaranteed and Yelena Belova will probably be there too. 

Then it will be a great set.

If the vehicle is decent and we get some leg printing it will all be just fine.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Then it will be a great set.

If the vehicle is decent and we get some leg printing it will all be just fine.

Too bad one set probably means we won't get Red Harbour though

Just one set for BW? That's disappointing, especially if it's exclusive set. Hopefully at very least there's a new BW and Taskmaster minifigures. And maybe even Red Guardian if we're lucky.

A $20 set with Black Widow and Yelena on a bike vs Taskmaster in some sort of armoured vehicle seems VERY likely to me based on what we've seen from the movie so far.

6 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Captain America's suit in MA isn't that bad, no. Admittedly, it does kinda scream "I'm (not) wearing hockey pads! :angry:" but still :grin: 
I'm just wondering how much different it would be for LEGO though, 'cause the overal design of white star and red&white stripes on blue is still the same, so in regards to that I, myself, wouldn't really need a Cap based on the videogame.

Regarding you statement about other alternate suits requiring a wave two: I dunno, there will always (well, for a long while at least) be LEGO Marvel and that will definitely feature Iron Man, who won't always be based on the MCU, probably far less since he won't appear much in the movies anymore. So I think our chances for more variants are good :sweet: :thumbup: 

I think the design does stand out a bit, to me it seems to have alot more black and more of a militarized look, something new to cap's lego suits. 

You're right about iron man, though, I guess he will always be an insanely popular character now, and without him appearing near-constantly in the MCU they need to get suits from somewhere. When you consider how few directly comic-based sets lego has made for marvel (wolverine chopper set, and debatably some of the early 2017 sets), it makes sense that they'd make more gamerverse sets, and put lots of iron men in them.

18 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just one set for BW? That's disappointing, especially if it's exclusive set. Hopefully at very least there's a new BW and Taskmaster minifigures. And maybe even Red Guardian if we're lucky.

I've never understood why retail exclusives are considered disappointing. Sure, it might be inconveniant to have to go to, say, a Wal-Mart instead of a target, but if you buy the set online from lego or amazon the impact is completely negated.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've never understood why retail exclusives are considered disappointing. Sure, it might be inconveniant to have to go to, say, a Wal-Mart instead of a target, but if you buy the set online from lego or amazon the impact is completely negated.

I've never understood why retail exclusives are even a thing. Where I live every set is available pretty much everywhere, no need to go out of your way to get to a store just for a 'store-exclusive' item

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the design does stand out a bit, to me it seems to have alot more black and 

I think he means the limited availability of the set, retail exclusives sometimes sell out faster

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've never understood why retail exclusives are even a thing. Where I live every set is available pretty much everywhere, no need to go out of your way to get to a store just for a 'store-exclusive' item

I assume it's part of a deal with the retail chains.

3 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I think he means the limited availability of the set, retail exclusives sometimes sell out faster

Ah. Thanks.