Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 10/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, The NexoNinja said:

Here's something interesting, I was on the shop at home and they listed the x-men and fantastic four under people who thanos fought, could this be hinting at something in the future? 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/marvel/characters/thanos

X-Men and Fantastic Four are getting alot of love in action figure form and even games like Heroclix. I'm betting they're gonna be making a huge splash in Lego too as the next big MCU properties. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

This confirms that the sets is loosely based on upcoming Square Enix game!

I’d say so too. Also that Cap head that leaked awhile back makes more sense now. It just had the strap printed on and would look similar to game version with the endgame cap helmet mold. 

First of all: wow does that Iron Man look great! The silver highlights really make it that much better.

As far as Deadpool, no, his popularity is obviously not comparable to the Joker. I’m just proposing that given tonal shifts in recent iterations of the character (both on page and on screen) that have climaxes with R-rated Joker, we may see a re-evaluation of what LEGO deems within their range. While I don’t believe we’d ever get a Phoenix-inspired variant of Joker, there will undoubtably be a tainted perception of the character moving forward, likely with this dark and gritty portrayal fresh in the minds of consumers. If that’s the logic LEGO had around the release of the Deadpool movies, it’ll be interesting to see what their products contain in the near future, what their saturation of certain mainstay characters is, and the standard that they will set.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Alright, that Ironman is freaking cool. Finally, Marvel is getting some love this 2020.

This confirms that the sets is loosely based on upcoming Square Enix game!

The set isn’t loosely based off of the game, only the minifigure.

Oh my! It's actually based on the new Avengers Game! The question is, are all the other minifigures also based on that game? If so, the whole wave just became a must buy to me.

The minifigure itself looks incredible! Definitely one of my favourite Iron Man minifigures of all time. Only little detail I do not like are those two lines on his mask, which make his mouth "puffed".

New Iron Man is pretty awesome minifigure! I really like it, but it uses new Iron Man helmet which I really don't like that much. Is it now confirmed that Iron Mans mech is a version of Hulkbuster? 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

New Iron Man is pretty awesome minifigure! I really like it, but it uses new Iron Man helmet which I really don't like that much. Is it now confirmed that Iron Mans mech is a version of Hulkbuster? 

Highly plausible but I won't be surprised if it's random mech. Remember, Spidey and Thanos gets their own so probably it's just a random mech build "nexo knights" style to target the kids. If this does indeed is a replacement for Mighty Micros.

PS: I only wish it'll have exclusive prints/accesories as MM had it before.

Iron Man looks nice, almost custom minifigure quality. Does this mean that AIM's in-game appearance will be like the leaked head, because I really hope not. I'm still holding out against all hope for the cylinder head.

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Highly plausible but I won't be surprised if it's random mech. Remember, Spidey and Thanos gets their own so probably it's just a random mech build "nexo knights" style to target the kids. If this does indeed is a replacement for Mighty Micros.

PS: I only wish it'll have exclusive prints/accesories as MM had it before.

I doubt it’s going to be exactly Nexo Knight Battle Suit style; I checked the part counts and these mechs have almost double the part counts of the Battle Suits. Either that’s a hell of a lot of greebling or they’re doing something new. I’m hoping it’s Hulkbuster-like, the existing Hulkbusters are way too big for my Hall of Armours and if there’s a small one on scale with Igor I could make that work. 
Speaking of HoA, I love this new Iron Man suit, it’s utterly gorgeous and I want it for my HoA. Even if I’m not a fan of that new-style piece, it works in this case. Can’t wait to see the whole wave. 

6 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I doubt it’s going to be exactly Nexo Knight Battle Suit style; I checked the part counts and these mechs have almost double the part counts of the Battle Suits. Either that’s a hell of a lot of greebling or they’re doing something new. I’m hoping it’s Hulkbuster-like, the existing Hulkbusters are way too big for my Hall of Armours and if there’s a small one on scale with Igor I could make that work. 
Speaking of HoA, I love this new Iron Man suit, it’s utterly gorgeous and I want it for my HoA. Even if I’m not a fan of that new-style piece, it works in this case. Can’t wait to see the whole wave. 

I'd bet on it. It'll be the same as Nexo Knights style.

As for the design on minifigures, we could expect this:

Avengers

10 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Iron Man looks nice, almost custom minifigure quality. Does this mean that AIM's in-game appearance will be like the leaked head, because I really hope not. I'm still holding out against all hope for the cylinder head.

I'd expect Crossbones (Civil War) breathing apparatus and something to add on their heads. Or worst case scenario that'll be it.

Edited by SpiderJazz

The new 'mech' figures look great! Or at least, Iron Man's does. I love how he's based on the upcoming Marvel's Avengers videogame, it looks incredibly accurate!
Thanos... well mostly he looks really good as well, but that helmet just takes the level down so much, in my opinion.
I really wished they would've used something else, perhaps even something new. But, oh well...

It's interesting to hear about the new mechs in general. They seem to be a way to release single (or at least very few) minifigures-sets at a low price, which sounds very nice. 
Now let's hope the mechs themselves look decent as well.

The other newly surfaced set names sound intriguing as well :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

So, in a way, I suppose this Iron Man figure is to the Marvel SuperHeroes theme what the Arkham Knight Batman figure from that RC set is to DC SuperHeroes? :def_shrug:

Huh, well, it is a good-looking figure, but it just doesn't differentiate from previous MCU offerings enough for what I'd want to see from another comic-based Iron Man figure (which yes, technically this figure isn't). Also, if the Square Enix game is gonna serve as the basis for most of these non-MCU Avenger figures, then that must also hold true for the upcoming Captain America figure, and I'm just admittedly not that fond of Square Enix's take on such... :sceptic:

Marvel's Avengers Game Trailer Finally Arrives from Square Enix

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, in a way, I suppose this Iron Man figure is to the Marvel SuperHeroes theme what the Arkham Knight Batman figure from that RC set is to DC SuperHeroes? :def_shrug:

Huh, well, it is a good-looking figure, but it just doesn't differentiate from previous MCU offerings enough for what I'd want to see from another comic-based Iron Man figure (which yes, technically this figure isn't). Also, if the Square Enix game is gonna serve as the basis for most of these non-MCU Avenger figures, then that must also hold true for the upcoming Captain America figure, and I'm just admittedly not that fond of Square Enix's take on such... :sceptic:

I quite like the Square Enix designs for the Avengers, except for Thor. I hate this Thor design with a burning passion. I hoped they would change it up like they did with Black Widow (she looks way better now than she did at first) but it doesn't look like Thor will get a similair overhaul

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think Thanos is the main villain for the game, but I could be wrong. 

He is not.

12 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Could be like a mix of the two, game figs where they can, and comic ones where game ones don't exist, like black panther, thanos and Hawkeye.

Edit: Also, I've heard the avengers game will have post launch content, maybe that's where thanos comes in?

Maybe, but unlikely, as the general public at this point believes thanos to be the avenger's greatest villian, not some head in a chair with an army of yellow bois. people would be confused if he was just some dlc villian.

I think it's possible black panther and hawkeye could actually be our first looks at the game versions, since we know hawkeye will be DLC, and black panther is so popular at this point that he is inevitable.

10 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

As far as Deadpool, no, his popularity is obviously not comparable to the Joker. I’m just proposing that given tonal shifts in recent iterations of the character (both on page and on screen) that have climaxes with R-rated Joker, we may see a re-evaluation of what LEGO deems within their range. While I don’t believe we’d ever get a Phoenix-inspired variant of Joker, there will undoubtably be a tainted perception of the character moving forward, likely with this dark and gritty portrayal fresh in the minds of consumers. If that’s the logic LEGO had around the release of the Deadpool movies, it’ll be interesting to see what their products contain in the near future, what their saturation of certain mainstay characters is, and the standard that they will set.

DC has done so much to make sure everyone knows this joker is so very different from all their other films and jokers, and so very not for kids, I think a "normal" joker figure is ok, given how drastically different looking it is from Pheonix's joker. I'm not saying we'll never see deadpool, just that I don't think this'll have too much of an impact. The only thing that really annoys me about all this, though, is how hard it is to make a purist custom of pheonix's joker.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, Iron man comes in a $10 set instead of a $130 set, but i get what you mean with it being a game figure.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd prefer a figure of square enix's captain america to a bright blue comic version. While I don't think the suit works as well as his MCU suit, it just looks cool.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd prefer a figure of square enix's captain america to a bright blue comic version. While I don't think the suit works as well as his MCU suit, it just looks cool.

I completely agree

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, well, it is a good-looking figure, but it just doesn't differentiate from previous MCU offerings enough for what I'd want to see from another comic-based Iron Man figure (which yes, technically this figure isn't). Also, if the Square Enix game is gonna serve as the basis for most of these non-MCU Avenger figures, then that must also hold true for the upcoming Captain America figure, and I'm just admittedly not that fond of Square Enix's take on such <snip>

Is that the girdle armor IM is wearing? Jesus that looks terrible, especially next to thick cap.

Falconfan talked about rumored characters that might appear in Wandavision set. Anyone has any idea what characters he was referring to?

So we are getting sets based on the Avengers game? I am definitely surprised! We didn't know if the chinstrap on Caps' headpiece meant a MCU or Avengers Assemble design, turns out it is actually from the game. Let's hope the other minifigs have leg printing too.

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed we are getting this armor, which is very realistic, over a comic one, in Yellow/Bright Red.

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Falconfan talked about rumored characters that might appear in Wandavision set. Anyone has any idea what characters he was referring to?

Now SUPPOSEDLY... I'll add in a spoiler tag, but nothing is confirmed...

Wiccan and Speed, the 'children' of Scarlet Witch and Vision, and prime members of the Young Avengers

He also mentioned that the Spider Man sets will include more "Spidey heroes". Here's hoping for that Spider Ham

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I completely agree

I really like the armored design, and how it's darker than the usual suits. It almost looks in line with what I'd expect a bucky barnes captain america to look like in the MCU.

39 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Now SUPPOSEDLY... I'll add in a spoiler tag, but nothing is confirmed...

He also mentioned that the Spider Man sets will include more "Spidey heroes". Here's hoping for that Spider Ham

Not nearly what I thought it would be, I haven't heard THOSE leaks before. Fits with the comics though.

The worst thing about Square Enix's Captain America is definitely the face, but since the Lego version has the Chris Evans face instead of Kevin Spacey's stunt double's face that doesn't appear to be too big of a problem. It's a bit too bulky for my tastes, but it's not bad.

Just now, ood0 said:

The worst thing about Square Enix's Captain America is definitely the face, but since the Lego version has the Chris Evans face instead of Kevin Spacey's stunt double's face that doesn't appear to be too big of a problem. It's a bit too bulky for my tastes, but it's not bad.

Cap looks like he's wearing hockey pads...