Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

that's a great idea, and it makes so I want to go over the "lego can't make a commercially availible deadpool figure" thing

I feel like there’s a new argument to be made for Deadpool after the Joker movie. There is no way LEGO will never make another Joker minifigure again, just because he’s been the focus of a rated-R movie. We’ll have to wait and see going forward.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I feel like there’s a new argument to be made for Deadpool after the Joker movie. There is no way LEGO will never make another Joker minifigure again, just because he’s been the focus of a rated-R movie. We’ll have to wait and see going forward.

I'd say that argument came into existence way earlier with the release of the Upside Down set from Stranger Things

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say that argument came into existence way earlier with the release of the Upside Down set from Stranger Things

Stranger Things is TV-14. More mature audience, but not a materially restricted one.

18 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Stranger Things is TV-14. More mature audience, but not a materially restricted one.

James Bond is rated “15” so really it’s no sets based on films above that. 

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

False equivalence. The Joker is iconic, he's the arch enemy of Batman and has dozens of different takes on the character, from light to dark and everything in between.

Deadpool however has always been edgy and adult. Even in kiddie oriented shows he's been pretty crude and violent (e.g. his appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man where he was trying to "un-alive" someone). Plus mainstream audiences only really know him from his R rated movies, unlike with the Joker, who they know from pretty much every DC piece of media ever.

If this is real, this is one of the best surprises in this 2020 marvel wave. Also it’s based on the new game! If this is true we can definitely expect to see more minifigs based on the game for this wave

This Iron Man looks beautiful, probably my favorite figure of him (aside from Centurion)

I'm so glad this comic wave is happening, I can't wait to see the rest.

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Pheonix's joker is so visually different from every other joker, and joker is literally one of the 5ish most famous DC characters, whereas deadpool really isn't THAT well known besides the R-rated films and the only thing differing him from the comic version is the shade of red. Even if you say they could bring in the grey suit, it's still deadpool being known as a super violent, profane charater as opposed to there being a version of joker that kills some people. In the comics joker tears his face off and wears it as a mask, it's more about the public perception of the figure than specific iteriations. 

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

James Bond is rated “15” so really it’s no sets based on films above that. 

I would argue james bond is different as it was a creator expert car set, historically sets most kids wouldn't buy, with no figures.

They leaked the iron man from the mech and I hope it's fake so much, just because I wanted a new MCU suit, a more classic comic suit, or a cheap way to get mk 85. This is just a dark red one that looks...almost...like....the suit from the game..... wait a second!

@HarryVader I agree, once I recognized it as the suit from the game my opinion of the suit drastically improved, as at that point my main focus had been "why are we getting some weird crossover of MCU color and printing with comic printing and elements?" instead of seeing how great the printing is. I hope we get a new tony stark face for the new actor, but this is a good enough figure that if they reused it it wouldn't be that bad.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Alright, that Ironman is freaking cool. Finally, Marvel is getting some love this 2020.

This confirms that the sets is loosely based on upcoming Square Enix game!

Wait, now this is interesting. It's not just the usual "loosely based on" thing. What if they are actually licenced from the game? Is that possible? I mean, how else could they just make the game suit a minifigure without the licensing? After the spiderman comic con exclusive, I guess this could be the case. If so, I'm excited for the future of this theme!

Now, I'm glad they've used the new helmet mold for him, I really wanted to see how that would look on a MCU-esque detailed Iron Man... But he looks so... Puffy... Looks like he's molding 10 marshmallows in his mouth.

But seriously, this is a great figure, and I'm pumped!

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Wait, now this is interesting. It's not just the usual "loosely based on" thing. What if they are actually licenced from the game? Is that possible? I mean, how else could they just make the game suit a minifigure without the licensing? After the spiderman comic con exclusive, I guess this could be the case. If so, I'm excited for the future of this theme!

I don't think Thanos is the main villain for the game, but I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

They will make more Joker figs.  This movie is has it's own identity and will have no bearing on Lego doing the Joker going forward.  I mean Heath Ledger's Joker was pretty psychotic and killed a lot of people in that movie yet they still kept making Joker figs.  I think Lego will still make the Joker if anything this film has revitalized the character and attracted a new fan base. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think Thanos is the main villain for the game, but I could be wrong. 

He could be. This could explain why the Thanos minifig looks like a mix between Endgame and comics

Just now, HarryVader said:

He could be. This could explain why the Thanos minifig looks like a mix between Endgame and comics

Very plausible. Based on the game trailer it doesn't look like it. But yeah. 

Also, we can expect Thor and Cap's outfit from the game too! 

It's 100% based off the game, adding photo for comparison

5cff0d0cba3a7323863f36a2?width=1100&form

And now, this is speculation pushing the boarders, but what if the Spider Man wave is inspired by his game? Vulture and Doc Ock at least could be

Also, we can expect Thor and Cap's outfit from the game too! 

Considering the 'love' that Cap's game costume got, I kind of hope not... It'd be something new and interesting, not like scuba Cap, or space Cap, or pilot Cap, but it's not really his best costume

Could be like a mix of the two, game figs where they can, and comic ones where game ones don't exist, like black panther, thanos and Hawkeye. Also, about the spiderman sets, we already know the vulture is the 2016 one, right? Unless it's just a placeholder in the preliminary catalog...

Yeah, I won't hold out for much in the spiderman sets either way

Edit: Also, I've heard the avengers game will have post launch content, maybe that's where thanos comes in?

Edited by NetherCreeper

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It's 100% based off the game, adding photo for comparison

5cff0d0cba3a7323863f36a2?width=1100&form

And now, this is speculation pushing the boarders, but what if the Spider Man wave is inspired by his game? Vulture and Doc Ock at least could be

Considering that the Vulture figure is being called disappointing, I wouldn’t have much hope for game Vulture.

But dang do I want a game Doc Ock!!!

Just now, HarryVader said:

Considering that the Vulture figure is being called disappointing, I wouldn’t have much hope for game Vulture.

But dang do I want a game Doc Ock!!!

Okay, I'll give you some information about Vulture. The face print is new but the torso will be the same.

Okay, I'll give you some information about Vulture. The face print is new but the torso will be the same.

That's cool as I don't actually have the 2016 Vulture. Also good to hear that Lego is finally moving on from the "age spot angry old dude" face for vulture.

13 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

That's cool as I don't actually have the 2016 Vulture. Also good to hear that Lego is finally moving on from the "age spot angry old dude" face for vulture.

Which looked nothing like Michael Keaton

I always liked Vulture’s head :blush:

Iron Man looks fantastic! Add an MK 50 head and it looks perfectly in place with the MCU ones.

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Which looked nothing like Michael Keaton

True, but we don't have a choice! I'm expecting the same mold for his wings. (Feathery)

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

I always liked Vulture’s head :blush:

Iron Man looks fantastic! Add an MK 50 head and it looks perfectly in place with the MCU ones.

Actually the whole model itself reminds me of Mark 45.