Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So I guess the AIM soldier head leaked like a month ago. Not a helmet, kind of disappointing. I like the printing, but a molded helmet would be muuch better.

A lot of people have been ruling it out already. But this wouldn't be the fist time they've given us a helmet-head under another helmet.
Although I'm not hopeful... It IS Lego Marvel after all...

I wonder how are they going to make the venom mech this time around. By the time this comes out the first one will be still on the shelves 

It will look pretty bad for LEGO to have such similar sets together in the streets. 

Are we sure this list is legit? Because I just dont get it. If you are a LEGO/Marvel fan then you probably already bought that Venom mech. How come they feel like releasing another one in less than a year is a good idea? 

If the first one sold extremely well, then re-release that set. 

Also, after Spiderverse won an Oscar, I wonder how many of these will include Miles Morales Spiderman

Just now, Robert8 said:

I wonder how are they going to make the venom mech this time around. By the time this comes out the first one will be still on the shelves 

It will look pretty bad for LEGO to have such similar sets together in the streets. 

Are we sure this list is legit? Because I just dont get it. If you are a LEGO/Marvel fan then you probably already bought that Venom mech. How come they feel like releasing another one in less than a year is a good idea? 

If the first one sold extremely well, then re-release that set. 

Also, after Spiderverse won an Oscar, I wonder how many of these will include Miles Morales Spiderman

More focused on the Spider Jet. Mech is just a side build 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I assume that the Mech is more in scale with the smaller $10 mechs we're also getting this wave? @Falconfan1414

Does this further confirm that we are getting a sub theme of characters in Mechs? I am very intrigued to how they will design these mech builds. I hope they are not just random robots, but instead battle suits that reflect their respective characters.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Spider Jet. Is it by any chance made out of spiderweb and folded like a paper plane? That i would assume is the spider jet. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"All those wasted slots!" What do you mean? $10 set with 150 pieces wouldn't have 2 minfigs. $20 sets have 3 minifigs, so the one Spidey set has a wasted spot. $30 set with 3 minifigs is another wasted spot. $40 sets have 4 minfigures. $60 set with 4 minifigs and a bigfig sounds all right. 4+ sets have their own rules.

That's like 2 wasted spots, but notice that all the sets have amazing ppp ratio.

Thank you sir for your positivity.

I'm actually excited for the avengers sets, but the spider man sets are super disappointing. Venom, doc ock and vulture again? I'm only looking forward to the mysterio set, just because I haven't gotten any the far from home sets. Honestly, I hope the next spider man has something new, but I don't know if I should expect anything

That better not be it for AIM helmets, not only is the visor the wrong colour and the grey breathing apparatus not present on the real design, but it's not even the iconic cylinder shape! Seriously, it needs some kind of helmet to go over it, but this being lego Marvel we're talking about, it's basically guaranteed they'll do nothing of the sort.

mini_legogo on IG posted a story saying “Vulture in new set will piss more people off ?” with the a pic of Vulture from the White Tiger/Doc Ock/Captain Stacy set from a few years back. 

We all probably figured it would be that version coming back since the truck is probably the main focus of the set. This is similar to the Scorpion Juniors set a few years back but at least the Scorpion was in a 100+ set. 

Not complaining since I have every Vulture except that one so I may have to pick it up just to say that I have all 3 Vultures.

Just realized something...

What if one of the two avengers sets has a brickbuilt MODOK? Like, if for the face it used they piece used for Giantman's head? It wouldn't count as a minifigure, so it wouldn't be on the list, and we have gotten both $20 dollar sets with 4 characters and $40 dollar sets with 5. Besides, what would be the point of just having AIM troopers by themselves?

Then again, I feel like expecting anything beyond what we've been told isn't the best idea. But a man can dream...

2 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

I'm actually excited for the avengers sets, but the spider man sets are super disappointing. Venom, doc ock and vulture again? I'm only looking forward to the mysterio set, just because I haven't gotten any the far from home sets. Honestly, I hope the next spider man has something new, but I don't know if I should expect anything

Agreed.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

That better not be it for AIM helmets, not only is the visor the wrong colour and the grey breathing apparatus not present on the real design, but it's not even the iconic cylinder shape! Seriously, it needs some kind of helmet to go over it, but this being lego Marvel we're talking about, it's basically guaranteed they'll do nothing of the sort.

I think we will end up with something, hopefully, there's no way they'd have the wrong coloured visor for something as iconic as the AIM goon, but that said this is lego marvel as you say.

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Just realized something...

What if one of the two avengers sets has a brickbuilt MODOK? Like, if for the face it used they piece used for Giantman's head? It wouldn't count as a minifigure, so it wouldn't be on the list, and we have gotten both $20 dollar sets with 4 characters and $40 dollar sets with 5. Besides, what would be the point of just having AIM troopers by themselves?

Then again, I feel like expecting anything beyond what we've been told isn't the best idea. But a man can dream...

I would think that as well, but they would advertise a brick-built modok as a character, as they have with giant-man, ares, etc. The aim troopers might be reflective of the upcoming game.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Agreed.

I think we will end up with something, hopefully, there's no way they'd have the wrong coloured visor for something as iconic as the AIM goon, but that said this is lego marvel as you say.

I would think that as well, but they would advertise a brick-built modok as a character, as they have with giant-man, ares, etc. The aim troopers might be reflective of the upcoming game.

That's true, but just this year clayface, molten man, and the giant stone warrior in ninjago are not on the minifig list on the fronts of their boxes. Eh, maybe I'm just trying to get my hopes up for no reason.

Edited by NetherCreeper
grammer

1 hour ago, The NexoNinja said:

Here's something interesting, I was on the shop at home and they listed the x-men and fantastic four under people who thanos fought, could this be hinting at something in the future? 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/marvel/characters/thanos

No it just states that Thanos has fought the Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's comic history, not a potential LEGO future. Besides, why give us F4 or X-Men, when we could get what we all really want; another Venom mech, Vulture and Doc Ock!

36 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

That's true, but just this year clayface, molten man, and the giant stone warrior in ninjago are not on the minifig list on the fronts of their boxes. Eh, maybe I'm just trying to get my hopes up for no reason.

True. MODOK would make this wave so much better...

16 hours ago, PARED said:

The disappointment being expressed is how I felt with last year’s abysmal Spider-Man wave but this might actually be worse. The number of variants LEGO keeps dumping out fot the same tired characters is honestly insulting. Marvel has hundreds of characters and we’re getting our third Venom, fifth Doctor Octopus, and fourth Vulture, to say the least. We’re on repeats from ten months ago now! Who the hell is designing these sets!

ALSO, we’ve waited YEARS for A.I.M. minions and LEGO couldn’t be troubled to make a helmet mold- their most defining characteristic! What the absolute hell were they thinking and why do the sets get worse with each passing year?!?!

To add further insult to injury, they’re only putting 1-2 figures in most sets now! All those wasted slots. It’s like they’re trying to spite collectors who don’t want to eat the same cheap hamburger 100x.

This might be the point where I jump ship. I would never have started collecting again if I knew the LEGO group was gonna throw this theme in the trash. Screw this. 

hey the venom mech set is awesome take 2 or 3 pieces away and it looks like a giant symbiote

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No MODOK

i pretty much expected that, though it is weird the only villians are aim agents. Like @Ashnflash said in his video, I think they could be loosely based on the game coming out in 2020.

You know what they should do? Because they cant give us a cmf series, they should give us a Marvel Advent Calendar. Starting with a X-Men advent calendar, with some microbuilds (sentinel, blackbird, mojo, brood, the mansion, some trainingstuff from the dangerroom for instance) an a complete roster of the x-men 

anyway, does some of the leakers already know if the AIM soldiers have helmets? Or is it going to be those weird minifig heads?

1 hour ago, Borex said:

You know what they should do? Because they cant give us a cmf series, they should give us a Marvel Advent Calendar. Starting with a X-Men advent calendar, with some microbuilds (sentinel, blackbird, mojo, brood, the mansion, some trainingstuff from the dangerroom for instance) an a complete roster of the x-men 

That's a great idea! They really should consider this

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Santa-Pool is begging to be made.

4 hours ago, Borex said:

anyway, does some of the leakers already know if the AIM soldiers have helmets? Or is it going to be those weird minifig heads?

that's a great idea, and it makes so much sense, it's how they got around it for star wars why not marvel.

I don't think we know yet, but if the aim soldiers have nothing but that head, it will be a new low for lego unless they look like that in the game.

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Santa-Pool is begging to be made.

I want to go over the "lego can't make a commercially availible deadpool figure" thing, but santa-pool threatened to give me an active bomb in my stocking if I say that.

Do we have any sources confirming that the leaked head is aim, or is it just that if you kind of squint it looks a bit like the aim helmet and the aim soldiers are in the next wave?

Also, could the sidebuild of the venom mech be like the iron man and thanos mechs?

Edited by Mandalorianknight