Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 10/7/2019 at 9:54 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Ms. Marvel is/was a very popular character, but more importantly was in the avengers tv show those sets are based off of, we won't have full out x-men sets until their film (excluding mighty micros, comic con, etc), certainly not enough where a character as minor as gambit (read: not wolvierne or magneto) could show up.

There's talk of the X-men animated series returning. Also, with Disney making a bigger X based push now they've got the license, I would expect them to start appearing more in the other animated shows. I could see a set a lot sooner than an MCU appearance.

Hey,

so i was looking at some old Quinjet concept art and the model from Endgame is actually the OG model after Captain Marvel.

so i was thinking of replacing the the blue pieces with dark grey and use that model for my The Avengers battle of New York display since the Quintet wasn't properly seen in Endgame.

1*YcIKV67RWUZRGEcUNJcw5A.jpeg

8 hours ago, HarryVader said:

They made no sense for me from the very beginning. ?

Agreed.

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

There's talk of the X-men animated series returning. Also, with Disney making a bigger X based push now they've got the license, I would expect them to start appearing more in the other animated shows. I could see a set a lot sooner than an MCU appearance.

You might have gotten this confused, there's talk of the series returning as in the OG is on disney+. In addition, even if there was a show made, which couldn't even begin a script being written until after the deal was finalized, so it'd take at the very least 2-4 years anyway. And the only thing we really know about future x-media is that they're working on making more deadpool and bringing mutants into the MCU. And even in the best case scenario where disney somehow gets a show written, animated, and released by, say, 2022, you then have to hope that lego make sets for said show, which is unlikely as there are inevitably less non-mcu sets in years with more MCU stuff and the amount of MCU content EXPLODES in 2020 and 2021.  So even in this really unrealistic scenario that disney quickly gets a show out and lego decides to make sets for it, then you have to hope that A: gambit is in the show, B: that he's got a large enough role to be in a set, and C: that lego makes a set with gambit in it. Long story short, the odds are very, very low that gambit shows up in a set before 2025-6 with the possible intro of mutants to the MCU, and even then it'll take awhile as he'll have to have a large enough role in the film, or a spinoff film. And we all know what happens to gambit spinoff films...

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Hey,

so i was looking at some old Quinjet concept art and the model from Endgame is actually the OG model after Captain Marvel.

so i was thinking of replacing the the blue pieces with dark grey and use that model for my The Avengers battle of New York display since the Quintet wasn't properly seen in Endgame.

You can't find some of the trans orange in better colours ( I looked) but if you use a slightly different windscreen shape with your colour swap that could be pretty cool.

@Viper Knight Please explain your earlier comment I really don't understand what you mean. As far as I know I'm not in any cinematic universe, and gambit has no cinematic universes about him.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Hey,

1*YcIKV67RWUZRGEcUNJcw5A.jpeg

It looks dark blue to me, I’d just leave it as dark blue, leave some of the stickers off and replace the trans-orange. 

15 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

When I say Gambit are you only in the cinematic universe about him @Mandalorianknight? That is a minor seat.

^the quote I was talking about in case anyone doesn't want to go hunting for it. I don't think this is translation error as he also claims to live in the US.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

It looks dark blue to me, I’d just leave it as dark blue, leave some of the stickers off and replace the trans-orange. 

Can't actually replace the trans orange without changing the design a bit, theres some parts only in that and trans yellow.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

^the quote I was talking about in case anyone doesn't want to go hunting for it. I don't think this is translation error as he also claims to live in the US.

I don’t know. From what his descriptions say (his favorite theme and set), he seems like a troll to me. Again sorry if I misunderstood.

Edited by HarryVader

According to one of our reliable Insta-sources, Venom will be in this upcoming Spider Man wave. Hope this actually means Symbiote Spidey or Agent Venom, but I'm intrigued to say the least

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

According to one of our reliable Insta-sources, Venom will be in this upcoming Spider Man wave. Hope this actually means Symbiote Spidey or Agent Venom, but I'm intrigued to say the least

I want big fig Venom

Just now, ApocSlay said:

Silly question, and apologies if it is obvious, but what is meant by OG?

Stands for 'Original Gangster', used to describe the first of something

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OG

7 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I want big fig Venom

Me too, but when the biggest set of the Spidey wave is $30, I highly doubt it. Which also means no Lizard or Kingpin this time around

4 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I don’t know. From what his descriptions say (his favorite theme and set), he seems like a troll to me. Again sorry if I misunderstood.

I read his profile just now, reading through his posts he seems to be in alot of the roleplay stuff. I think he might just be a kid (not that the roleplay stuff is a kid's thing).

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think we actually have a fair chance of a new variant/version of venom since it's unlikely we'd get him twice in a year's time. bigfig venom, agent venom, it's all on the table.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Stands for 'Original Gangster', used to describe the first of something

Me too, but when the biggest set of the Spidey wave is $30, I highly doubt it. Which also means no Lizard or Kingpin this time around

oh, I legitimately just thought it was an abbreviated form of original. 

I think lizard could easily be made as a normal minifigure, albiet with head and tail molds of course. And who knows, we got 2015 hulk in a $25 (or $30 I forgot) set, so it's possible, if unlikely.

If Lizard will be in one of the sets, i hope they’ll go for a minifig not a bigfig. But he really needs a good head mould and a seperate tail piece to do him justice. I’ve tried to use the lizard pieces of the cmf lizard guy just to have him in my collection of spidey villains, but it doesn’t capture him at all. 

A new Venom figure? Sounds like not needed at all. 

So, uh, that Thanos fig. Assuming it's real... at least they bothered with leg printing? God it looks bad. I'm really hoping it's just a custom that people are posting about as if it's real.

19 minutes ago, ood0 said:

So, uh, that Thanos fig. Assuming it's real... at least they bothered with leg printing? God it looks bad. I'm really hoping it's just a custom that people are posting about as if it's real.

It's real buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

Actually, other than that freaking helmet from Knights. It's all good. It's accurate to the big fig version translated into minifigure.

I'll make him bald and put the MM Thanos armor on.

That helmet is so off. Why didn’t they reuse the magneto helmet? That would have been a better choice than this one. 

I don’t know what they were trying to do with this Thanos. The torso looks like a mix between comic/first guardians of the galaxy movie. Then this helmet looks more like Endgame Thanos than comic Thanos. What a disappointing figure...

Wow, this looks really bad. Face is decent, I like the torso, but the helmet is awful. As a whole, it looks really bad. At least Marvel minifigure has a leg printing, I guess?

I actually like the figure a lot, not sure why everyone else doesn’t. Yeah, the helmet reuse isn’t great, but the design seems fine to me, the face is great, and there’s even leg printing! That’s a nice surprise. 

So... can anyone tell me what this Thanos is based off of? The torso looks comic but that helmet really resembles Endgame more than comic... I’m very confused ?

It's a mixed bag. I think to make it relevant they throw in the helmet for Endgame vibe. But I think it's safe to say that it's true to comics appearance (especially that belt) 

I like it and as I've said I'll make him bald and put the Mighty Micros Thanos armor on.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

It's a mixed bag. I think to make it relevant they throw in the helmet for Endgame vibe. But I think it's safe to say that it's true to comics appearance (especially that belt) 

I like it and as I've said I'll make him bald and put the Mighty Micros Thanos armor on.

On the bright side we finally have bald Thanos (in a way)

Just now, HarryVader said:

On the bright side we finally have bald Thanos (in a way)

Indeed. They could've done this in either of those big figs for IW and EG. 

Now that Marvel leaks has started, can't wait to see the rest. From what I know there's a low quality catalog of marvel sets already existing. 

I wanna see Ironman next.