Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Cool find :thumbup: I wonder why they chose New York (?) in the daylight as the background motive instead of the destroyed Avengers HQ :laugh: 

And also no Endgame logo as well...

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offer/buy/3775087940/lego-76144-76144-lsh-2020-5-v29.html#zoom

Look what I just found - the box art for 76144 Hulk Helicopter Drop set.

Cool box design but man oh man this line has major inconsistencies. The logo keeps changing and the back ground makes it seem that it takes place during the Battle of New York in The Avengers.

i worked in marketing and this leads to confused consumers and low sales. i assume the rest of the line will have the same logo but not the side artwork of the Endgame characters...:damn::damn:

With the older sets having the Marvel Super Heroes logo made things simple. It was a super hero line regardless if the set was based on the MCU, comics or the Avengers and Spider-man Tv shows.

Weird box art. Hopefully, this means that the other sets will be revealed sooner rather than later...

Note its now called Hulk Helicopter Rescue

i think they are now just listing the include  items as the Name- Hulk, Helicopter, Rescue, Black widow, and some Chitauri

as he's not actually rescuing anyone.

Edited by Mattallica

4 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Weird box art. Hopefully, this means that the other sets will be revealed sooner rather than later...

The thing is, this set releases more than a month before other sets.

Interesting thing I noticed:

1) the Avengers logo seems to be inspired by the comic rather than Endgame 

2) whereas wave 1 endgame sets had different characters for side art (ex: the characters included in the set have bigger pictures on the side art). In this one, Iron Man is the biggest picture while he is not included in the set.

so... I know this wave is comics but is LEGO gonna cheap out and give us the same format of the box for all of the 2020 sets (using movie packaging for non movie sets, kind of like how star wars the force awakens and last Jedi packaging arts are used in sets not related to those 2 movies)

20 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

so... I know this wave is comics but is LEGO gonna cheap out and give us the same format of the box for all of the 2020 sets (using movie packaging for non movie sets, kind of like how star wars the force awakens and last Jedi packaging arts are used in sets not related to those 2 movies)

Lego makes the box format for an entire wave, not just a few products (D2C sets being exceptions). So I wouldn't necessarily call it cheaping out

26 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Interesting thing I noticed:

1) the Avengers logo seems to be inspired by the comic rather than Endgame 

2) whereas wave 1 endgame sets had different characters for side art (ex: the characters included in the set have bigger pictures on the side art). In this one, Iron Man is the biggest picture while he is not included in the set.

About the 1), this box reminds me to the Spiderman subtheme. Maybe this is another subtheme only focused on Avengers movies/comics.

Considering they are using their regular costumes in the box art, I think it's ok to use it.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego makes the box format for an entire wave, not just a few products (D2C sets being exceptions). So I wouldn't necessarily call it cheaping out

I guess it would be especially disappointing if Lego uses movie packaging for comic sets...

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

And also no Endgame logo as well...

Guys, c'mon, this isn't based off endgame. Remember in 2012 avengers when the council is about to nuke manhatten and the future avengers arrive, where black widow shows up and drops hulk out of the helicopter, and after he uses the infinity stones to destroy the nuke rescue destroys the rest of the chitauri stuff? 

1 hour ago, Viper Knight said:

I'm hoping to see Gambit.

Oh, and Black Cat is now a comic. I've just read my #5.

Not sure what the black cat comment has to do with anything besides that marvel is continuing the gamerverse, but we already knew that before the comic was announced. 
Mainly though, you do realize we won't see a lego gambit likely until he appears in the MCU, which will be at least 4 years, right?

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

we won't see a lego gambit likely until he appears in the MCU, which will be at least 4 years, right? 

Tell that to Ms. Marvel ;)

Oh, LEGO specifically marvel stuff? I thought we were having the full spectrum.
Glad to see it's all in the works.

Now Red-X should become a LEGO mini-figure!
I got it in before you could arbitray me @Mandalorianknight, because of my telling you, about my twitch being titled "mandalorianoutlaw".

Edited by Viper Knight
I think it was better.

13 hours ago, FortNerd said:

Tell that to Ms. Marvel ;)

Ms. Marvel is/was a very popular character, but more importantly was in the avengers tv show those sets are based off of, we won't have full out x-men sets until their film (excluding mighty micros, comic con, etc), certainly not enough where a character as minor as gambit (read: not wolvierne or magneto) could show up.

2 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Oh, LEGO specifically marvel stuff? I thought we were having the full spectrum.
Glad to see it's all in the works.

Now Red-X should become a LEGO mini-figure!
I got it in before you could arbitray me @Mandalorianknight, because of my telling you, about my twitch being titled "mandalorianoutlaw".

I'm sorry, I don't entirely understand.

I knew it'd be easy.

And Gambit is not minor to me. What's minor to me is the power heroes (flying, dazzling attire, super powers with attention). That'd be like Shazaam, Ms. Marvel (who I have never experienced), Captain Atom, Green Lantern, Power Girl, for instance.

7 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

I knew it'd be easy.
And Gambit is not minor to me. What's minor to me is the power heroes (flying, dazzling attire, super powers with attention). That'd be like Shazaam, Ms. Marvel (who I have never experienced), Captain Atom, Green Lantern, Power Girl, for instance.

You seem to have the Marvel and DC universes all jumbled up. Only one in that list is Marvel, the rest are DC. Red-X is also DC. This is the Marvel thread.

9 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

I knew it'd be easy.

Can we please not post random stuff on the Marvel thread? Sorry if I misunderstood but I feel like you’re spamming the thread right now. Thanks

Edited by HarryVader

13 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

I knew it'd be easy.

What do you mean by "I knew it'd be easy"?

Also, a character being minor to you has nothing to do with their prevalence in the comics and films, and Gambit is definitely more of a minor character than the others you have mentioned.

In addition, as @linnormlord says, all the characters you list as examples except ms marvel are DC, not marvel, and have no effect on this. And even though you personally haven't "experienced" ms marvel, again, that doesn't change the popularity of her character. 

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What do you mean by "I knew it'd be easy"?

Easy to troll this forum I guess. These posts are making less and less sense.

1 minute ago, linnormlord said:

Easy to troll this forum I guess. These posts are making less and less sense.

They made no sense for me from the very beginning. ?