Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Since LEGO has shown they have no issue with making bps with named individual characters like the bounty hunter bp and battlefront 2 bp, I really wish they would at least consider marketing Marvel bps. Include one or 2 named characters and some enemy grunts with a little side build and they'd fly off the shelves. Bps have proven incredibly popular and there is certainly demand for army building in the superhero genre. Keep some characters or variants exclusive to bigger sets if you want but there are HUNDREDS of Marvel characters and suit variants that would make interesting and desirable figures that are likely to never be made. If a cmf is out of the question for legal reasons, why are they not taking advantage of the bp model for more than just Star Wars? It's not like they haven't made Marvel sets in the past that could qualify as a bp. The ultron drone set that came out for AoU and the recent Captain America bike for Endgame are practically bps.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Since LEGO has shown they have no issue with making bps with named individual characters like the bounty hunter bp and battlefront 2 bp, I really wish they would at least consider marketing Marvel bps. Include one or 2 named characters and some enemy grunts with a little side build and they'd fly off the shelves. Bps have proven incredibly popular and there is certainly demand for army building in the superhero genre. Keep some characters or variants exclusive to bigger sets if you want but there are HUNDREDS of Marvel characters and suit variants that would make interesting and desirable figures that are likely to never be made. If a cmf is out of the question for legal reasons, why are they not taking advantage of the bp model for more than just Star Wars? It's not like they haven't made Marvel sets in the past that could qualify as a bp. The ultron drone set that came out for AoU and the recent Captain America bike for Endgame are practically bps.

And there's your answer. They don't call them bps, but the captain america bike (2012) set, ultron drone set, outrider dropship attack, and captain america bike (2019) set are all basically bps, as well as others I'm sure I missed. If they made more would they sell well? yes. But we do have a fair amount

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And there's your answer. They don't call them bps, but the captain america bike (2012) set, ultron drone set, outrider dropship attack, and captain america bike (2019) set are all basically bps, as well as others I'm sure I missed. If they made more would they sell well? yes. But we do have a fair amount

Hmm, I suppose we are getting more of those sets than I realised but we could still stand to see more, especially some comic-based ones. I would really like to get some yellow-suited AIM grunts for example.

Edited by ToaDraco

I thought the Hydro-Man Attack set was selling very well but apparently It's getting discontinued at the end of the year, a little over 6 months after being released!

Other sets to be discontinued are the IW Hulkbuster, Benatar, 4+ Green Goblin set and the 4+ Doc Ock set

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I thought the Hydro-Man Attack set was selling very well but apparently It's getting discontinued at the end of the year, a little over 6 months after being released!

Other sets to be discontinued are the IW Hulkbuster, Benatar, 4+ Green Goblin set and the 4+ Doc Ock set

I thought the hulkbuster had already been discontinued in march this year

14 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Hmm, I suppose we are getting more of those sets than I realised but we could still stand to see more, especially some comic-based ones. I would really like to get some yellow-suited AIM grunts for example.

YES! Maybe if they do sets for the 2020 avengers game. 

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

dang, I've been stalling on that 4+ green goblin set, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting Norman in a full anytime soon. If he's not in the next wave I'll pick this one up

10 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I thought the hulkbuster had already been discontinued in march this year

It's going out of production at the end of the year according to Stonewars

On 9/24/2019 at 2:52 AM, Guyon2002 said:

It's going out of production at the end of the year according to Stonewars

I'm repressing the urge to buy hundreds and declare bankrupcy.

This isn't fully a joke, I REALLY like that set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Variety - Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

After briefly breaking up, Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.

On Friday, the two companies jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its president, Kevin Feige, will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series. It will once again feature Tom Holland reprising his role as the title character. The rumor mill roared back to life this week with hints that the two companies were close to brokering a new agreement.

Over the summer, news broke that the Disney, Marvel’s parent company, and Sony had reached an impasse over a new financing deal. Disney wanted the film to be financed on a 50/50 basis with Feige remaining in a consulting producer capacity. Sony is believed to have proposed keeping the arrangement under the current terms, which stipulate that Marvel receives about 5% of first-dollar gross and all merchandising revenues.

The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige, and Walt Disney Studios head Alan Horn. In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

So yeah, 2021 gonna be a great year for Marvel, and even better for Lego fans. Four movies plus four D+ shows. I am so happy Spidey is back and we're gonna get more sets. The thing I hope for, Spidey will be in both MCU and SUMC, so I'd like to get SUMC based sets, like Venom 2. That would be really cool.

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So yeah, 2021 gonna be a great year for Marvel, and even better for Lego fans. Four movies plus four D+ shows. I am so happy Spidey is back and we're gonna get more sets. The thing I hope for, Spidey will be in both MCU and SUMC, so I'd like to get SUMC based sets, like Venom 2. That would be really cool.

Might be a bad year for Lego fans because TLG might not make sets for all films/series since there are so many of them coming out

2 hours ago, Shahennian said:

Might be a bad year for Lego fans because TLG might not make sets for all films/series since there are so many of them coming out

I think it will only have an effect on the amount of sets each movie will get. The MCU is getting more popular each day so lego will want to capitalize on that

3 hours ago, Shahennian said:

It will probably be like:

January 1st - one Shang-Chi set plus comicbook sets

March 1st - one/two Doctor Strange sets, one Wandavision set and one Loki set

April 1st/May1st - two/three Spider-Man 3 sets and one/two What If...? sets (let's hope that we'll get sets based on that)

June 1st/August 1st - two Thour sets and one Hawkeye set

But yeah, let's get back to 2020 discussion :wink:

8 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

arent there also rumours of a 'Madame Webb' spin off? Sets anybody?

That's SUMC, so it won't get sets. I also can't figure out how they'd do that film, as madame webb's whole Schtick kind of involves alerting spider-people to threats and getting them to fight battles, doesn't it? Like, what would the plot be if it was just her?

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think we'll be getting SUMC sets, not unless disney needs that to get another deal done, so spidey can be in more than spider-man 3 and avengers 5.

i agree though, a great year for marvel.

There's a really good nano-gauntlet piece leak (from the helicopter set), detail is great.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I fear that one movie in 2021 will get pushed to 2022. I think Doctor Strange 2 was the fall release. That one would probably get released later.

Who knows, maybe they will roll out 4 movies.

How this relates to LEGO, well maybe they’ll cut down on quantity of the sets for each movie. Or quality ?

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I fear that one movie in 2021 will get pushed to 2022. I think Doctor Strange 2 was the fall release. That one would probably get released later.

How this relates to LEGO, well maybe they’ll cut down on quantity of the sets for each movie. Or quality ?

I don't think they'd move one. If they did, I agree it would be doctor strange 2, the may release.

They could cut down on quantity but I think it'll be the same overall, just less per film.

3 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

They can’t cut quality because it’s at all time low right now. Just saying...

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's SUMC, so it won't get sets. I also can't figure out how they'd do that film, as madame webb's whole Schtick kind of involves alerting spider-people to threats and getting them to fight battles, doesn't it? Like, what would the plot be if it was just her?

I don't think we'll be getting SUMC sets, not unless disney needs that to get another deal done, so spidey can be in more than spider-man 3 and avengers 5.

i agree though, a great year for marvel.

There's a really good nano-gauntlet piece leak (from the helicopter set), detail is great.

Ohhh it's Sony. Sorry, I thought it was marvel. Yeah that's basically all she does. I feel like Sony are doing too many of these, they got lucky with Venom and it was decent, but if the rest are terrible they'd have to keep putting them out unless they cancel them

8 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I don't think it's possible to lower the quantity on Marvel sets any further at this point 

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

they got lucky with Venom and it was decent

I thought it was pretty bad. I didn't give it a chance to see it in theatres but when I watched it at home I stopped halfway through and finished it about a week later because I was bored

Y’all got that right. The quality isn’t the best at the moment. I just fear that with the Disney + plus series and the amount of movies coming out, maybe they’ll rush productions on these sets and therefore receive lower quality (or less thought out)  sets. Assuming we get Disney + sets.

If anything, our woes with lame sets will continue onto 2021.

But I have high hopes for the Eternals next year.

I think Lego won’t make sets for all the Disney+ shows. I can definitely see them skipping What If because that show encompasses the entire MCU and I think it would be hard to pick just a few episodes to make sets of. For 2021 I’m expecting one Shang-Chi set, one or two Doctor Strange sets, three Spider-Man sets, two Thor sets, and one set each for WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye. I wouldn’t expect comic based sets in a year with that much Marvel Studios content. 

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn’t expect comic based sets in a year with that much Marvel Studios content. 

That's no problem for me, I really dislike the marvel comic sets

What happened to the new sets being released this year? The Hulk/Gauntlet set plus the various Mechs? Things have been unusually quiet on those, did I miss something?! 

Just now, dockofthebay said:

What happened to the new sets being released this year? The Hulk/Gauntlet set plus the various Mechs? Things have been unusually quiet on those, did I miss something?! 

Last I checked those are December releases . . right?