Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 9/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Guyon2002 said:

That would be incredibly lazy writing, if they pull the ''created by Tony Stark'' card once again a lot of people are going to (rightfully) hate it. They've used it more than enough already

If you think that's lazy story telling, I can't even imagine what you think about painting the story into a corner and using time travel to explain it all away.

57 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. 

How would Lego produce a Hot Toys scale statue, when Hot Toys are known for intricately detailed sculpts and Lego is known for blocks. 

Intricately detailed 1/6 figures is pretty much the last thing Lego is capable of producing. 

I was more referring to scale rather than level of detail, something along the lines of the Hulkbuster or the Ideas Voltron set :classic:

58 minutes ago, Gomek said:

If you think that's lazy story telling, I can't even imagine what you think about painting the story into a corner and using time travel to explain it all away.

I think that's lazy story telling because Marvel has already used it a dozen times, timetravel is always a bit messy but I did like it. At least it wasn't something we'd seen before in marvel movies

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Game changer: a line of sets for afols that allows Lego to take more risks with the licenses it uses for the line. Doesn’t replace d2cs either. Goes to show Lego is focusing more of afol too 

I think everyone is reading into this with either "detailed minifigure centric sets" or "replicas with no figures at all" but this doesn't really say anything that could lead us to belive either way. Lego isn't blind to the fact that AFOLs want more detailed figures, but they also aren't stupid enough to think that only AFOLS would buy figure-centric sets.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

How would Lego produce a Hot Toys scale statue, when Hot Toys are known for intricately detailed sculpts and Lego is known for blocks. 

Intricately detailed 1/6 figures is pretty much the last thing Lego is capable of producing. 

Agreed, I think he just means detailed replicas, but lego can't match that too well with anything humanoid.

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

You do realize that the films were shot concurrently, they didn't paint themselves into a corner, they planned both the films at the same time. And the time travel thing worked out very well, much better then "they go to the garden beat the heck out of thanos and get the infinity gauntlet back" would have been.

I fully believe they're going to do Yelena instead of Red Guardian. They can reuse Infinity War Black Widow's torso for her (she appears to be wearing the same vest), all they'd really need to make is a new face print, if that. Similarly, black suit Black Widow would be the obvious choice, since they'd only need to make a new torso to go with the Black "tactical" legs they've used several times before, instead of a whole new head and torso. I feel like Taskmaster will be done in a similar manner to Ghost; no leg printing, but a new torso and a new, reversible head with a mask on one side and face on the other. Also, a printed shield. If they really do include Red Guardian, a side character and a figure that would require at the very least 3 new prints (face, shield, torso), I'll be very surprised.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

I fully believe they're going to do Yelena instead of Red Guardian. They can reuse Infinity War Black Widow's torso for her (she appears to be wearing the same vest), all they'd really need to make is a new face print, if that. Similarly, black suit Black Widow would be the obvious choice, since they'd only need to make a new torso to go with the Black "tactical" legs they've used several times before, instead of a whole new head and torso. I feel like Taskmaster will be done in a similar manner to Ghost; no leg printing, but a new torso and a new, reversible head with a mask on one side and face on the other. Also, a printed shield. If they really do include Red Guardian, a side character and a figure that would require at the very least 3 new prints (face, shield, torso), I'll be very surprised.

I still think we'll be getting two sets, one with 'normal' BW and the other with white BW

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

Makes sense from an economic perspective, but  this would be such a cheap thing to do.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I still think we'll be getting two sets, one with 'normal' BW and the other with white BW

If we do get two sets (which i really hope we do) then this seems plausible. Probably one very small "showdown" type set with black widow and taskmaster, and then the other with her and the other two, assuming one of them is a villian. (Having a russian captain america be a good guy seems really insane, but given his history with black widow who knows?)

So since DC cmf is now officially confirmed for next year, is there a chance LEGO will make Marvel one too? Especially considering the fact that Marvel is one of the best selling themes... 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

So since DC cmf is now officially confirmed for next year, is there a chance LEGO will make Marvel one too? Especially considering the fact that Marvel is one of the best selling themes... 

Nah, something to do with the licenses 

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

People were saying same thing about dc, and yet we’ve got a cmf.

DC isn’t owned by the house of mouse. That’s why we got all of those LEGO DC direct-to-video movie/ minifgure bundles. Also why they released The Hobbit Blu-Rays with exclusive LEGO merch; it’s all under Warner bros

Disney is a whole other ballgame.

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

DC isn’t owned by the house of mouse. That’s why we got all of those LEGO DC direct-to-video movie/ minifgure bundles. Also why they released The Hobbit Blu-Rays with exclusive LEGO merch; it’s all under Warner bros

Disney is a whole other ballgame.

It's not a Disney issue, it's an issue with whoever owns the action figure rights to those properties considering minifigs "action figures", and therefore deciding Lego would be infringing on their rights by releasing a CMF. Apparently, polybags and sets which only contain minifigures (which is why battle packs were created, I believe) also fall under this rule. It's the same reason we can't get a Star Wars CMF.

59 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's not a Disney issue, it's an issue with whoever owns the action figure rights to those properties considering minifigs "action figures", and therefore deciding Lego would be infringing on their rights by releasing a CMF. Apparently, polybags and sets which only contain minifigures (which is why battle packs were created, I believe) also fall under this rule. It's the same reason we can't get a Star Wars CMF.

Exactly. A pretty long time ago lego made a few small Star Wars minifigure packs but Hasbro immediately started complaining about those sets being a violation of their own contract. Hence why all battlepacks nowadays include a small (most of the times crappy) build. This is essentially the problem lego has with both Star Wars and Marvel, they can't produce blindpacks and purely minifigure sets, the most they can do is the occasional exclusive polybag-figure

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego star wars minifigure pack

The new mechs are minifigs riding robots??? That doesn’t sound good... I can only hope that we get Endgame Iron Man and Thanos as minifigs now

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I'm asking Minilegogo if he can give a detailed information about the figs. I'm curious if it's MCU. 

I did the same thing. Hopefully they’re MCU based

Minifigs riding robots are exactly the kind of things i was expecting. Designed for kids and the minifigs designed for collectors probably. So they can catch both worlds of customers. 

And i think Lego needs to find a maze in the ‘only hasbro can make action figures law’ to give us a marvel cmf series :-)

On 9/17/2019 at 12:04 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Game changer: a line of sets for afols that allows Lego to take more risks with the licenses it uses for the line. Doesn’t replace d2cs either. Goes to show Lego is focusing more of afol too 

Hmmm, how are these sets comparable to D2Cs? In size? :shrug_confused:

On 9/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, benderisgreat said:

Why would you want that? Doesn’t sound like it’s good idea to me. Hot Toys is THE Collectible! And LEGO trying to imitate it doesn’t sound good. They did it with Brickheadz, and it got mixed reception. Basically LEGO Pop , and Funko are Better at this.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:41 PM, nikhkin said:

For me, such a line wouldn't be about intricate detailing as much as it's about potentially introducing new parts conductive to custom System-based mecha and "constraction" MOCs. Like BrickHeadz, I'd imagine such figures' more intricate detailing would be printed while their constructive focus is rather on their articulation.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, such a line wouldn't be about intricate detailing as much as it's about potentially introducing new parts conductive to custom System-based mecha and "constraction" MOCs. Like BrickHeadz, I'd imagine such figures' more intricate detailing would be printed while their constructive focus is rather on their articulation.

I see what you mean. But I don't think that would be considered game changing in the way that has been implied. That would be more of a modification of the old buildable figure system, which seems like it wasn't very successful. 

As much as I understand the need for FalconFan to be vague, I do wish we had more detail about what this will entail. 

35 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I see what you mean. But I don't think that would be considered game changing in the way that has been implied. That would be more of a modification of the old buildable figure system, which seems like it wasn't very successful. 

Well yes, admittedly even I couldn't consider that as "game-changing" at least in my book, as "game-changing" to me would suggest something that affects nearly all of Lego's product lines. But, being a separate, distinct line, this "Zebra" theme has to be something built around a particular novelty or format, where that's the tie that binds multiple themes and IPs together under one roof much like BrickHeadz or LEGO Games, so these sets can't just be traditional minifig-centric playsets. :def_shrug:

On 9/21/2019 at 1:04 AM, benderisgreat said:

No, for the marvel and star wars liscences they cannot make sets containing only figures, it violates some action figure exclusivity contract.

18 hours ago, HarryVader said:

The new mechs are minifigs riding robots??? That doesn’t sound good... I can only hope that we get Endgame Iron Man and Thanos as minifigs now

No, it doesn't. Hopefully we get the mk85 in the mech set, or a new comic figure.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, for the marvel and star wars liscences they cannot make sets containing only figures, it violates some action figure exclusivity contract.

No, it doesn't. Hopefully we get the mk85 in the mech set, or a new comic figure.

Hopefully the minifigures are great

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Probably won't, it's in a pricey set, Lego likes their desirable minifigures in one cashy set (as proven by the Nick fury in that helli carrier set)

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Probably won't, it's in a pricey set, Lego likes their desirable minifigures in one cashy set (as proven by the Nick fury in that helli carrier set)

I'm not so sure. Figures from more expensive sets being reused in cheaper sets has happened before with lego marvel, like black widow appearing in the $80 2015 quinjet and then the $20 2016 crossbones truck. There aren't many figures reused from film to film with no design changes, but even wave to wave stuff (like the 2015 cap from the $50 set coming in the $80 civil war set and then the $30 tanker truck set) continues this pattern. In lego star wars this is fairly common, for example with the 2017 snoke from the $160 star destroyer coming in a $60 set 8 months later, and then the praetorian guards from that set coming in a $15 set just four months later, albiet with legs instead of the dress part. I don't think iron man's ever had the same figure across 2 waves of sets, except the mk 50 which again goes from an $80 set to a $60 set (and was really just there to save money so they didn't have to make another new suit design) but if the mechs are mcu-based the mk 85 is likely.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
forgot about the mk50