Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's not just one more spider-man movie, and what possible evidence do you have for ned, the only thing he really shares with his comics counterpart is the name. In addition, the green goblin would need to be introduced before hobgoblin and ned has literally no motivation to ever become a villian, nor would he be a good one.

good, more chance of them having figures.

Think about this for a second, as part of the zebra theme, why would they release 5 cmfs all within a year alongside the known cmfs, why would there be "art" and "music" ones, why would there be a disney series 3 before series 2 is even out of stores, how could lego make an mcu cmf if they don't have the action figure liscence, and how would cmfs be 16+? Your dream has no grounding of reality in any sort, this is just whislisting.

Yeah it's just the name, I personally don't think he will be Hobby Gobby. I believe Tom Holland only has one spideman movie left but I might be wrong

And what about this for the black widow sets?

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah it's just the name, I personally don't think he will be Hobby Gobby. I believe Tom Holland only has one spideman movie left but I might be wrong

I think that they could easily have Ned be turned into some kind of tech-based hobgoblin in the future. But without the Disney deal he's probably gonna be out of the Spidey films now.

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

And what about this for the black widow sets?

It makes more sense that he'd be a flashback character. I sincerely doubt they'd put him in, they've left out much more important characters from many more sets.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yet you said the theme would be a "game-changer" on IG not too long ago.

A lot of people took that as "Wow this is gonna be some great figure based sets", despite that already existing in their respective themes. Judging by the fact it's gonna encompass these themes, it basically has to be some model / display line.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's not just one more spider-man movie, and what possible evidence do you have for ned, the only thing he really shares with his comics counterpart is the name. In addition, the green goblin would need to be introduced before hobgoblin and ned has literally no motivation to ever become a villian, nor would he be a good one.

good, more chance of them having figures.

Think about this for a second, as part of the zebra theme, why would they release 5 cmfs all within a year alongside the known cmfs, why would there be "art" and "music" ones, why would there be a disney series 3 before series 2 is even out of stores, how could lego make an mcu cmf if they don't have the action figure liscence, and how would cmfs be 16+? Your dream has no grounding of reality in any sort, this is just whislisting.

You clearly didn’t get that I was joking about cmf.:facepalm:

23 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I think that they could easily have Ned be turned into some kind of tech-based hobgoblin in the future. But without the Disney deal he's probably gonna be out of the Spidey films now.

It makes more sense that he'd be a flashback character. I sincerely doubt they'd put him in, they've left out much more important characters from many more sets.

A lot of people took that as "Wow this is gonna be some great figure based sets", despite that already existing in their respective themes. Judging by the fact it's gonna encompass these themes, it basically has to be some model / display line.

Yes of course, but it might be a major flashback. Not that we got any accurate iron man 3 sets, but it might be like the Trevor Slattery thing. Stark might've created Red Guardian, like he created mysterio. Just speculating of course

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Yes of course, but it might be a major flashback.

I expect it'll be a flashback to her infiltrating Tony's inner circle in Iron Man 2. We might get her first suit at a stretch, but I really doubt they'd waste one of their already limited mini-fig slots from this movie on a character who isn't even a main player in the plot.

9 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Stark might've created Red Guardian, like he created mysterio. 

That would be incredibly lazy writing, if they pull the ''created by Tony Stark'' card once again a lot of people are going to (rightfully) hate it. They've used it more than enough already

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be incredibly lazy writing, if they pull the ''created by Tony Stark'' card once again a lot of people are going to (rightfully) hate it. They've used it more than enough already

Fair enough. Since I can't think of a reason why he would be, I don't think stark is in the set.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have no idea what you're on about. Stark only caused the creation of:

• War Monger
  • Whiplash
  • Killan
  • Ultron 
  • Vulture
  • Tinkerer
  • Shocker
  • Mysterio
  • Klaue (to a certain extent)

provided some of the resources Loki required to bring the Chitauri to Earth and had a hand in the disbanding of the Avengers after he tried to kill Bucky.

There's plenty of life left in that trope. 

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

He might be in via flashback, or even just have a cameo normally since it's set between civil war and infinity war. I doubt he'll be present for more than a bit, it would make more sense for cap and the others to cameo as they worked with natasha during this time.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

You clearly didn’t get that I was joking about cmf.:facepalm:

sorry, used to the star wars thread where "I know it probably won't happen but what it (whishlsty item)" becomes the basis for widespread rumors.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

I have no idea what you're on about. Stark only caused the creation of:

• War Monger
  • Whiplash
  • Killan
  • Ultron 
  • Vulture
  • Tinkerer
  • Shocker
  • Mysterio
  • Klaue (to a certain extent)

provided some of the resources Loki required to bring the Chitauri to Earth and had a hand in the disbanding of the Avengers after he tried to kill Bucky.

There's plenty of life left in that trope. 

And by extension of ultron, zemo. So that's only about half the MCU villians.:roflmao:

Some Star Wars sets just leaked and they are large-scale helmets. Could this be what some of the adult-oriented builds were referring to? In which case, we might see an Iron Man helmet or an Infinity Gauntlet?

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Some Star Wars sets just leaked and they are large-scale helmets. Could this be what some of the adult-oriented builds were referring to? In which case, we might see an Iron Man helmet or an Infinity Gauntlet?

go to the previous page...we discussed this already. Though the idea of a lego infinity or nano gauntlet is intriguing.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

This is separate from the “Zebra” theme. These were listed as “Adult Green” and “Adult White” when the last round of Winter leak lists hit the internet. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

go to the previous page...we discussed this already. Though the idea of a lego infinity or nano gauntlet is intriguing.

My bad, but yeah, leaning towards these being either busts or to-scale props like the gauntlet, especially if they are "game-changers" (figure-based sets, even if they are dioramas, aren't exactly game-changers as we've seen those before in Comic Con exclusives and even some sets like the first Doctor Strange set)

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

My bad, but yeah, leaning towards these being either busts or to-scale props like the gauntlet, especially if they are "game-changers" (figure-based sets, even if they are dioramas, aren't exactly game-changers as we've seen those before in Comic Con exclusives and even some sets like the first Doctor Strange set)

A gamechanger could be very little when it comes to LEGO Marvel, the promise of all figures getting legprinting would already be one...

17 hours ago, legozebra said:

I would argue figure-based, large dioramas, or even just figures with full printing would be a game changer for marvel, though I personally do not think it will be any of those things.

Just because a handful of AFOLs have this obsessive fixation on leg printing doesn't mean its inclusion would justify the creation of a whole new theme. I'd much rather see something that offers an innovative building experience and pushes the boundaries of what an official LEGO set can be than just "same stuff, but now a few more pieces of plastic have ink on them." Just imagine the ad campaign for that launch: "We've produced over 100 Marvel minifigures with dual-molded or printed legs already, but get ready for a bold new direction! Coming in 2020... some more of that! But branded differently!"

4 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Just because a handful of AFOLs have this obsessive fixation on leg printing doesn't mean its inclusion would justify the creation of a whole new theme. I'd much rather see something that offers an innovative building experience and pushes the boundaries of what an official LEGO set can be than just "same stuff, but now a few more pieces of plastic have ink on them." Just imagine the ad campaign for that launch: "We've produced over 100 Marvel minifigures with dual-molded or printed legs already, but get ready for a bold new direction! Coming in 2020... some more of that! But branded differently!"

Honestly  doesn’t sound that bad to me. And given the fact that Marvel is top selling theme of half a year they definitely will have to increase quality of minifigs.

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would argue figure-based, large dioramas, or even just figures with full printing would be a game changer for marvel, though I personally do not think it will be any of those things.

Let's be honest, anyone who thinks "game changer" means "higher quality regular sets" is setting themselves up for major disappointment.

55 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Let's be honest, anyone who thinks "game changer" means "higher quality regular sets" is setting themselves up for major disappointment.

True.

Game changer: a line of sets for afols that allows Lego to take more risks with the licenses it uses for the line. Doesn’t replace d2cs either. Goes to show Lego is focusing more of afol too 

Edited by Falconfan1414

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Game changer: a line of sets for afols that allows Lego to take more risks with the licenses it uses for the line. Doesn’t replace d2cs either. Goes to show Lego is focusing more of afol too 

Interesting, as long as it involves minifigures, can't wait for it!

Why would you want that? Doesn’t sound like it’s good idea to me. Hot Toys is THE Collectible! And LEGO trying to imitate it doesn’t sound good. They did it with Brickheadz, and it got mixed reception. Basically LEGO Pop , and Funko are Better at this.

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I somewhere in the ball park with this? :sweet:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I somewhere in the ball park with this? :sweet:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. 

How would Lego produce a Hot Toys scale statue, when Hot Toys are known for intricately detailed sculpts and Lego is known for blocks. 

Intricately detailed 1/6 figures is pretty much the last thing Lego is capable of producing.