Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Would they make sets for Blade? I think it's r rated

We're talking about Disney here, you can forget that R-rating (they've never said it was R-rated anyway). As for sets: it's possible, but Blade is coming in Phase 5 so who knows if LEGO Marvel sets are still being made by that point (not saying I think it will be discontinued soon!)

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We're talking about Disney here, you can forget that R-rating (they've never said it was R-rated anyway). As for sets: it's possible, but Blade is coming in Phase 5 so who knows if LEGO Marvel sets are still being made by that point (not saying I think it will be discontinued soon!)

I hope it's r rated. I think they will discontinue eventually, but not while the mcu still around, because the films make good money. However as people have stated they might make less money now that the infinity saga is over. A logical time for them to discontinue is when the the mcu is over. Comics sets don't appear often.

30 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Comics sets don't appear often.

Remember that Guardians of the Galaxy got a wave of 3 sets going into the first film’s release, when even Marvel Studios weren’t sure about the film’s abilities. Black Panther only got 2 sets, and that was a surefire hit. 

Even as the MCU takes a cosmic shift, I’m sure Lego Marvel will still put out a steady flow of products.

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Marvel studios has literally no input on the game, sony just bought the game studio that made it too.

Yes but Marvel has imput on whether or not Sony can use The Avengers, The Fantastic Four or The Sanctum Sanctorum in the game. Marvel also has control over their own Avengers project which was said to be planned to exist in the same universe; the "Game-verse". This breakdown could ruin that shared universe and force Sony to remove landmarks like Avengers Tower from the next game, as well as the Future Foundation and Bombastic Bagman suits.

I'm very happy with the show's they've announced. Even if we don't get sets that directly tie into them, I think this definitely means we'll be getting Moon Knight in Lego form sometime soon!

Edited by Brick Cucumber

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Remember that Guardians of the Galaxy got a wave of 3 sets going into the first film’s release, when even Marvel Studios weren’t sure about the film’s abilities. Black Panther only got 2 sets, and that was a surefire hit. 

Even as the MCU takes a cosmic shift, I’m sure Lego Marvel will still put out a steady flow of products.

I think you misread that, I said 'comics' and not cosmic lol

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Yes but Marvel has imput on whether or not Sony can use The Avengers, The Fantastic Four or The Sanctum Sanctorum in the game. Marvel also has control over their own Avengers project which was said to be planned to exist in the same universe; the "Game-verse". This breakdown could ruin that shared universe and force Sony to remove landmarks like Avengers Tower from the next game, as well as the Future Foundation and Bombastic Bagman suits.

I'm very happy with the show's they've announced. Even if we don't get sets that directly tie into them, I think this definitely means we'll be getting Moon Knight in Lego form sometime soon!

One of the developers shut that down the other day at Gamescom. He doesn't say for sure they're not the same, but they're not for sure in the same continuity.

46 minutes ago, TheBullMooseParty said:

One of the developers shut that down the other day at Gamescom. He doesn't say for sure they're not the same, but they're not for sure in the same continuity.

He actually didn't say anything there. When asked if it was the same Taskmaster he responds with "this is our story, our Avengers story". This says absolutely nothing to if there is or is not a connection between the games. It's purposefully vague.

8 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I hope it's r rated. I think they will discontinue eventually, but not while the mcu still around, because the films make good money. However as people have stated they might make less money now that the infinity saga is over. A logical time for them to discontinue is when the the mcu is over. Comics sets don't appear often.

It won't be R-rated. Possibly deadpool, but nothing else.

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

He actually didn't say anything there. When asked if it was the same Taskmaster he responds with "this is our story, our Avengers story". This says absolutely nothing to if there is or is not a connection between the games. It's purposefully vague.

5 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm pretty excited for moon knight, also to be able to get a she hulk figure in a hopefully not garbage set.

And you do realize it's purposefully vague because it's not connected to spider-man ps4 but they want people to buy it, right? They never outright confirm or deny stuff unless it's shown in-game, and all they're doing here is at the very best keeping their options open.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And you do realize it's purposefully vague because it's not connected to spider-man ps4 but they want people to buy it, right? They never outright confirm or deny stuff unless it's shown in-game, and all they're doing here is at the very best keeping their options open.

Them keeping their options open is still telling of the nature of the two games relationships. Besides, a lot of stuff pointed at them being set in the same universe and the sucess of Spider-Man PS4 also inspired Marvel to start referring to a shared 'Game-verse' so I'd say it's more than pssible they planned to have them connected originally, or at bare minimum planned other games to exist in the Spidey' PS4 universe. It still stands that the Sony-Disney fallout will impact Spidey' PS4's sequel because Marvel might not wish to grant Sony permission to use the famous Marvel landmarks or Alternate Spidey suits in the wake of this breakdown.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

28 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Them keeping their options open is still telling of the nature of the two games relationships. Besides, a lot of stuff pointed at them being set in the same universe and the sucess of Spider-Man PS4 also inspired Marvel to start referring to a shared 'Game-verse' so I'd say it's more than pssible they planned to have them connected originally, or at bare minimum planned other games to exist in the Spidey' PS4 universe. It still stands that the Sony-Disney fallout will impact Spidey' PS4's sequel because Marvel might not wish to grant Sony permission to use the famous Marvel landmarks or Alternate Spidey suits in the wake of this breakdown.

I'm no expert, but I think the Game-Verse label is just for merchandise. The Game-Verse branding was used before Spider-Man PS4 to market some of the mobile game content and MvCI merch. 

On 8/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder how the Disney-Sony fallout will effect the Marvel Game-verse. Let's hope it doesn't effect the next Spider-Man game.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, HarryVader said:

Don't worry. I think Spider-Man ps4 game (if that's what you're referring to) is made entirely by Sony, Disney Marvel was not involved in that.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Yes, but it was said that Marvel was working with Sony to create a Game-verse and that they were thinking of setting the new Avengers game in the same universe (there's a reference to them "working on the west coast" in SM-PS4). With them now having a falling out, I wonder if Disney will scrap that idea now or if the sequel to this Spidey game will have to remove the Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers tower or the FF suits...

I also wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the Velocity comic if this doesn't get resolved. I mean, it's the same company that cancelled Fantastic Four because Fox had a movie coming out... :roflmao:

On 8/23/2019 at 10:43 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Marvel studios has literally no input on the game, sony just bought the game studio that made it too.

Sony doesn't have the game rights to Spider-man. They only have the film rights. Disney still own the game, comic, and merchandise rights to Spider-man.

21 hours ago, AManofNoConsequence said:

I'm no expert, but I think the Game-Verse label is just for merchandise. The Game-Verse branding was used before Spider-Man PS4 to market some of the mobile game content and MvCI merch. 

yes.

9 hours ago, wesker said:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-marvel-2020

List of sets for the upcoming Marvel sets. Most of them we already knew of but there's two I don't recall being mentioned previously:

76162 New MCU Theatric
76163 Venom & Spider-Man

So I'm genuinely interested in what the Venom set's going to look like. I can still find copies of that big Venom set from last year on shelves, so maybe this is a smaller set? Maybe we're finally getting a version of Flash Thompson's Venom? That'd be nice. Obviously we don't really have a lot of info at this point, and this is just speculation but it's something to think about.

List of sets for the upcoming Marvel sets. Most of them we already knew of but there's two I don't recall being mentioned previously:

76162 New MCU Theatric
76163 Venom & Spider-Man

New MCU theatric could be a final battle FFH set, or another endgame set. I'm glad we know we'll get at least a bit more than the hulk helicopter drop

Venom and spider-man could be juniors, or maybe since these seem to be preliminary names, it's a set with agent venom and spider man in it. It's also possible we could get a venom bigfig.

76162 New MCU Theatric
76163 Venom & Spider-Man

76162 could be Endgame final battle? With worthy Cap, bro Thor and warrior Thanos???

It saying “new” leads me to believe that it’s based on Black Widow rather than Endgame or FFH :wink: If it was based on one of the latter two, they could’ve used the proper film title rather than a vague “MCU theatric“ (which is redundant anyway, the C already stands for cinematic)

52 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

76162 is absolutely a Movie Maker set. You heard it here first. 

If this means unique figures (previous Movie Maker sets have had them), I’m all for this.

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

76162 is absolutely a Movie Maker set. You heard it here first. 

Are you sure about this?

55 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are you sure about this?

I was 100% joking, only because it specifically says “theatric.” I don’t see this happening, guys! Lego has only done them with their own, in-house themes.