Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You're forgetting that, as @Feng-huang0296 pointed out, we did get Spider-verse characters in the regular wave coinciding with the film. Also, are you forgetting this barely disguised movie version?

Dang I forgot how much I disliked that version of Rhino. I don't mind the idea of a mech suit for him, but man that design was weak imho. I'd love to see some variant that comes closer to the Ultimate Comics version at some point though. Or just a bigfig classic Rhino.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You're forgetting that, as @Feng-huang0296 pointed out, we did get Spider-verse characters in the regular wave coinciding with the film. Also, are you forgetting this barely disguised movie version?

yes so true!!!!!! and the electro polybag

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Based on the proto name Spider Jet, I'd say it's safe to assume we'll see a flying villain. Possibly our chance at Electro in his comic suit.

33 minutes ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

Based on the proto name Spider Jet, I'd say it's safe to assume we'll see a flying villain. Possibly our chance at Electro in his comic suit.

Or maybe another Vulture... I'm keeping my hopes low

3 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Four years in a row? No chance

31 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I thought that, but we have gotten 3 new vultures the last 3 years. Green Goblin had a new varient last year, and Mysterio is getting his very own set. That leaves Beetle, Hob Goblin, and Electro as the villains who I can see us getting.

2 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

If they did comic Electro they would definetely need a new mold for his mask, and that's definetely something that stands out in a factory for employee's to leak. I'm not saying it won't happen but I personally don't see it happening

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they did comic Electro they would definetely need a new mold for his mask, and that's definetely something that stands out in a factory for employee's to leak. I'm not saying it won't happen but I personally don't see it happening

Unless they decide to go with a version that doesn't have the mask. Electro's had scars in the shape of his classic mask instead of the regular mask for almost a decade now, and the Ultimate version is basically just living electricity in the shape of a person. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with that to save on moulds.

1 hour ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

I thought that, but we have gotten 3 new vultures the last 3 years. Green Goblin had a new varient last year, and Mysterio is getting his very own set. That leaves Beetle, Hob Goblin, and Electro as the villains who I can see us getting.

Morbius can also kind of fly iirc, and don't some versions of Screwball fly around on a hoverboard? Either way I'm hoping for Electro since we've never gotten a traditional version of him, and honestly he's more iconic than Beetle imo. We've already gotten a near perfect Hobgoblin too, so unless they do a different version of him (maybe Phil Urich?) I doubt we're going to see another one any time soon.

Edit: Jack-o-Lantern and Demogoblin can also fly, although I don't think I've ever heard someone say "man Demogoblin is my favourite Spider-Man villain" lol.

Edited by shadefoundry

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

Morbius can also kind of fly iirc, and don't some versions of Screwball fly around on a hoverboard? Either way I'm hoping for Electro since we've never gotten a traditional version of him, and honestly he's more iconic than Beetle imo. We've already gotten a near perfect Hobgoblin too, so unless they do a different version of him (maybe Phil Urich?) I doubt we're going to see another one any time soon.

I'll be glad if we never get a Screwball figure, gosh I hate that character (I have the Spider-Man PS4 DLC's to thank for that)

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I believe Marvel still owns the merchandise rights to Spider-Man so that wouldn't be a problem

but disney might not want them to merchandise a sony film as a way of revenge, or maybe they'll do a ton of merchandise to try and make more money off it.

5 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

yes so true!!!!!! and the electro polybag

I actually did include that...

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Four years in a row? No chance

last year I would've said the same thing about 3 years in a row

Massive wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be really nice if the Spider-Man sets gave us the Homemade and Upgraded suits so that we'd finally have an official version of every MCU Spider-Man suit. I mean I love the customs (Leyilebrick for the homemade and Phoenix for the upgraded) but the purist completionist in me just wants those last two official figs

I'd especially be thankful for it in light of recent licensing news

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Massive wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be really nice if the Spider-Man sets gave us the Homemade and Upgraded suits so that we'd finally have an official version of every MCU Spider-Man suit. I mean I love the customs (Leyilebrick for the homemade and Phoenix for the upgraded) but the purist completionist in me just wants those last two official figs

I'd especially be thankful for it in light of recent licensing news

I won't get my hopes that high. I have both of those figs you mentioned. I prefer minifigco's upgraded suit rather than phoenix custom.

20 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Dang I forgot how much I disliked that version of Rhino. I don't mind the idea of a mech suit for him, but man that design was weak imho. I'd love to see some variant that comes closer to the Ultimate Comics version at some point though. Or just a bigfig classic Rhino.

they could do a £30 sized set for an actual rhino mech set similar to the hulkbuster and war machine buster

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

they could do a £30 sized set for an actual rhino mech set similar to the hulkbuster and war machine buster

That'd be pretty sweet tbh. My understanding is that the mech rhino is about 8 feet in the comics, which is roughly the same size as the hulk or hulkbuster. With that logic It'd be great to see a rhino mech that's in scale but manages to look good. The original's sizing was right, it just looked pitiful.

with me deciding to cut down heavily on lego sets and prioritising on 2 main themes I will only get the upcoming spiderman sets if the builds and minifigures are worth getting although its still strange how there has still been no kingpin minifig

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I won't get my hopes that high. I have both of those figs you mentioned. I prefer minifigco's upgraded suit rather than phoenix custom.

I agree. The printing looks better in design and extends to the back. Though I hear they printed straight onto Lego hands so the print on them quite easily scratches.

26 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

If the new "mech" line is anywhere near the predicted shape, it'd be a great scale for us to get a Rhino mech in the future.

The new Mandilorian set that's been revealed gives hope that the Disney+ Marvel show will follow and get sets of their own.

A new leak shows the back print of Rescue, two of the wings appear folded down, and have "RESCUE" and "0049" printed on

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A new leak shows the back print of Rescue, two of the wings appear folded down, and have "RESCUE" and "0049" printed on

0049 confused me until I checked the wiki and apparently Tony built Rescue before Infinity War

The new Mandilorian set that's been revealed gives hope that the Disney+ Marvel show will follow and get sets of their own.

And a quite big set for that show! I’m hopeful for Disney+ marvel sets 

Just now, HarryVader said:

And a quite big set for that show! I’m hopeful for Disney+ marvel sets 

I’d love that size of a set for Falcon and WS - 3-4 figures seems perfect for the two titular heroes plus Zemo.

Don't forget that Star Wars shows have always had sets produced for them. 

As nice as it would be to get Marvel TV sets, I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

24 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Yeah, honestly I doubt that we'll be getting full sets for the Marvel shows. I think the most we'll get is maybe figures that are close to their show counterparts thrown into Spider-Man sets.

38 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

We got Spiderman sets from the Ultimate Spiderman TV series.

8 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Difference is, thats a cartoon, targeted for a younger audience, which is exactly what LEGO is. The TV series we refer to are the live action type, which to this current point in time, have had no sets, aside from Coulson and Lola appearing in the Detroit Steel set.

Theres a part of me that thinks there won't be any Disney+ Marvel sets, because they are limited series on an exclusive streaming service, so they wouldn't necessarily have the same sized audience as a movie. I understand The Mandalorian getting sets, because Star Wars releases so many sets per year, based on all current and past properties, but Marvel usually has pretty minimum sets, unless its an Avengers movie

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

We did, but Spider-Man has always had merchandise. He's such a profitable character that Marvel kept producing merch even though they didn't own the rights. He's pretty much the only character to get that treatment. 

There have been a lot of Marvel TV shows to not get any merchandise at all, whereas for Star Wars it is pretty much expected. They even produce toys based on the Star Wars books, comics and games.