Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

What’s with this asking to move on...it’s in the HP thread as well. Maybe I’m seeing things, but the word “speculation” is in the topic title. That means talking about leaks I imagine as well, & what they might go with. If people don’t care to read more about a chinstrap head, don’t. 

The fact that all marvel mech sets (Iron Man, Thanos and Spidey) are $10 further support the theory that we're getting a new Mighty Micro like sub theme.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

The fact that all marvel mech sets (Iron Man, Thanos and Spidey) are $10 further support the theory that we're getting a new Mighty Micro like sub theme.

But probably with more useful minifigs in it. I hope so anyway. And i hope we’ll get some good variations and never be done figs as well. 

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

That sounds a lot better than the car ones I think. They’ve been making great mechs lately, so if this is the case, I may have to get them all. 

On 8/16/2019 at 2:17 PM, hachiroku said:

I think the same about the bearded head. It has the akward expression of the Unworthy Thor.

This is almost definitely Obi-Wan... The reverse side looks exactly like Obi-Wan when he's saddened by defeating Anakin

On 8/16/2019 at 3:49 PM, HarryVader said:

Cap’s head looks dead on Endgame to me. Hopefully the torso (even if it’s comic version) will not disappoint. I do wonder if the leaked female hair piece could be Valkyrie by any chance. 

It's almost definitely Leia

On 8/18/2019 at 3:47 AM, Mountain Drew said:

Either way that head piece is great for the helmet and will definitely be replacing the original head

Using a flesh head with the Cap helmet won't look good, I tried it with a purist custom and the flesh showing on the sides of the helmet just don't look right at all

14 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Add the possible Unworthy Thor head to that list. Someone used it on an Obi-wan and it really doesn't fit there.

I'm leaning to believe that the Cap head is MCU based. The design matches up almost perfectly with the Chris Evans Nomad head we got for Infinity War. The hair is closer to the MCU Cap than the blonde we get for most comic Caps, and if it were designed for a comic wave, I'd expect them to have two expressions with the chin strap printed rather than have a regular expression to work for an actors face. Other than that, I expect everything else to be comic based for now, including the Unworthy Thor head. I don't expect that to be MCU Thor at all.

The design of the Cap head looking like Chris Evans doesn't really matter. All Iron Man heads look like RDJ, even the comic ones. Most Superman heads use the same print which is supposed to look like Henry Cavill

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

What’s with this asking to move on...it’s in the HP thread as well. Maybe I’m seeing things, but the word “speculation” is in the topic title. That means talking about leaks I imagine as well, & what they might go with. If people don’t care to read more about a chinstrap head, don’t. 

In this thread people are discussing things based on a leaked head. In the Harry Potter thread people were doing nothing more than wishlisting. And besides it being nothing more than wishlisting we've already had the same exact speculation-discussion 3-4 times, that's why people wanted it to end

Prices for Avengers Sets:

76140 Iron Man Mech - $10 - 148 pcs.

76141 Thanos Mech - $10 - 152 pcs.

76142 Avengers Bike - $20 - 227 pcs.

76143 Avengers Truck - $40 - 477 pcs.

76144 Hulk Helicopter Drop - $60 - 482 pcs.

Prices for Spider-Man Sets:

76146 Spider Mech - $10 - 152 pcs. 

76147 Truck 4+ - $20 - 93 pcs.

76148 Spider-Man Bike - $20 - 234 pcs.

76149 Mysterio 4+ - $30 - 163 pcs.

Spider-Man Jet - $30 - 371 pcs.

Credits to @Falconfan1414

These prices are amazing! $10 for 150 pieces is a great deal, if mechs look good, they are gonna be must-buys. The Hulk set is well, the only one that's not a good deal, but it's an Endgame set, so people are still gonna buy it. 4+ sets are also overpriced, but it's normal, because they have big and printed pieces, I hope they have some nice minifigs. I love that the sets are affordable, and you don't have to be rich to buy the whole wave.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

These prices are amazing! $10 for 150 pieces is a great deal, if mechs look good, they are gonna be must-buys.

Tbh, for $10 it'd be worth picking them up just for the minifigures (provided they're decent quality). 

If we get lucky they'll be around £9 in the UK, based on the price of the Star Wars Micro Fighters in the US and UK. 

Wow! Those are very affordable prices!

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

At $10, they’re likely something along the lines of the Nexo Knights Battle suits (https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Nexo-Knights/subtheme-Battle-Suits), but the increased part count is exciting and I’m expecting some new molds or new sort of gimmick for these sets - very interested to see how it turns out.

The number of pieces is promising for a single mech (assuming it is just one). It is higher than any sole Mighty Micros, SW Microfighters and Nexo Knights Battle Suits.  I hope it comes with one good regular minifig, as in Microfighters, rather than two so different from the regular line, as in MMs.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Wow! Those are very affordable prices!

The number of pieces is promising for a single mech (assuming it is just one). It is higher than any sole Mighty Micros, SW Microfighters and Nexo Knights Battle Suits.  I hope it comes with one good regular minifig, as in Microfighters, rather than two so different from the regular line, as in MMs.

The Thanos face for the mech seems very promising - it doesn’t look overly stylized or in a completely different aesthetic than normal heads, which is great!

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

The Thanos face for the mech seems very promising - it doesn’t look overly stylized or in a completely different aesthetic than normal heads, which is great!

You're right, man! Definitely good news!

16 hours ago, HarryVader said:

yes. I might buy this one as if the thanos head is any indication we might actually get normal looking figures for it

13 hours ago, legoSDR said:

This is almost definitely Obi-Wan... The reverse side looks exactly like Obi-Wan when he's saddened by defeating Anakin

It's almost definitely Leia

Using a flesh head with the Cap helmet won't look good, I tried it with a purist custom and the flesh showing on the sides of the helmet just don't look right at all

The design of the Cap head looking like Chris Evans doesn't really matter. All Iron Man heads look like RDJ, even the comic ones. Most Superman heads use the same print which is supposed to look like Henry Cavill

As to which parts are what, I agree.

For your comment on the flesh head on cap helmet, try it with the 2019 juniors tie fighter's rebel trooper head, it doesn't fix the flesh on the sides but in my opinion those aren't really a problem, and it adds the chin strap.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It'll be interesting to see which of these are comic and which are MCU. I think it'll be that the normal sets are one (excluding the hulk helicopter drop already known to be MCU) and the mech sets are the other.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So because this is a "speculation" thread, if any of these sets are MCU sets what minifigures are you guys hoping we get? Just like many of us, I'd love to get a Ronin, scaled Cap or long-haired "the dude" Thor minifigure. Even getting a Mark 85 Iron Man in a cheaper set would excite me.

28 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

So because this is a "speculation" thread, if any of these sets are MCU sets what minifigures are you guys hoping we get? Just like many of us, I'd love to get a Ronin, scaled Cap or long-haired "the dude" Thor minifigure. Even getting a Mark 85 Iron Man in a cheaper set would excite me.

Again, just a speculation/hope. I wish the mech sets are consisted exclusively of MCU figures. This way they can attract a lot of people to buy these cheap sets with great movie figures. I hope these mechs will give us Mark 85, Warrior Thanos, and finally the Bosco suit Spidey. Since Hasbro has the master license for Marvel action figures, LEGO can use these mechs to substitute the minifig series that DC is getting. You’re basically buying the exclusive and desirable minifigs for these mech sets. 

Edited by HarryVader

28 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Obviously we want everything we don't have yet :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Obviously we want everything we don't have yet :laugh_hard:

Well there are some minifigures more wanted than others and I was just curious. Thought it'd be fun to see what people want rather than continue on with this Obi-Wan head talk lol

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Again, just a speculation/hope. I wish the mech sets are consisted exclusively of MCU figures. This way they can attract a lot of people to buy these cheap sets with great movie figures. I hope these mechs will give us Mark 85, Warrior Thanos, and finally the Bosco suit Spidey. Since Hasbro has the master license for Marvel action figures, LEGO can use these mechs to substitute the minifig series that DC is getting. You’re basically buying the exclusive and desirable minifigs for these mech sets. 

Great choices! We'll probably get Bosco suit Spidey in one of the new Spider-Man set. It'd be hard to imagine not getting it. I wasn't too fond of the short legs and cartoonish faces in the mighty micro sets so I hope they stray away from that with the mechs.

You know it's interesting, with all this talk of Thanos and Iron Man mechs, I'm reminded of an episode from the Avengers Assemble cartoon where Thanos turns giant and attacks earth. Like half the episode is just a huge fight scene with him and Iron Man in a giant suit that looked reminiscent of the Ultimate Universe version of Iron Man's armor. Seems to me like the sets could be based on that episode, which lines up with the Hawkeye and Captain America head designs too since they look like they're also based on the cartoon.

Edited by shadefoundry

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

You know it's interesting, with all this talk of Thanos and Iron Man mechs, I'm reminded of an episode from the Avengers Assemble cartoon where Thanos turns giant and attacks earth. Like half the episode is just a huge fight scene with him and Iron Man in a giant suit that looked reminiscent of the Ultimate Universe version of Iron Man's armor. Seems to me like the sets could be based on that episode, which lines up with the Hawkeye and Captain America head designs too since they look like they're also based on the cartoon.

There is also a $10 Spider-Man mech in his respective wave

15 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

There is also a $10 Spider-Man mech in his respective wave

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be SP//dr or some variant thereof (I really hope it is tbh). I just found it interesting how the descriptions of 2/3 of the sets lined up pretty well with an episode of the cartoon.

21 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be SP//dr or some variant thereof (I really hope it is tbh). I just found it interesting how the descriptions of 2/3 of the sets lined up pretty well with an episode of the cartoon.

I wouldn't say no to Avengers Assemble sets, but it doesn't really make sense for Lego to make anymore sets based on a show that has already ended. I definitely want SP//dr but can welcome random mechs if it means we're getting Endgame Iron Man and Thanos, as well as Bosco Spidey

11 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I wouldn't say no to Avengers Assemble sets, but it doesn't really make sense for Lego to make anymore sets based on a show that has already ended.

Lego has been making at least one Clone Wars-based set each year. Granted, Clone Wars has a much bigger audience and following than Avengers Assemble, but it happens.

^And I know Clone Wars is coming back, but it’s been off the air for 5 years counting the Netflix additions.

It seems like Marvel is now definetely trying to push people towards the new characters, the range of older Marvel content on Disney+ at launch is pathetic to say the least. So much for more Phase 1 - 2 sets...

I wish we'd get some more Guardians of the Galaxy sets but that won't happen until Vol. 3 comes out. I missed out on Vol. 2 Drax and it costs almost $30 alone on Bricklink.

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Lego has been making at least one Clone Wars-based set each year. Granted, Clone Wars has a much bigger audience and following than Avengers Assemble, but it happens.

^And I know Clone Wars is coming back, but it’s been off the air for 5 years counting the Netflix additions.

Almost every Star Wars set is based on something incredibly old, and likely updated from a set 3 years ago. Rebels didn't get many sets, Resistance has only had two.

But you're right, Avengers Assemble never really had a big audience as Clone Wars, probably why it's been cancelled now. So I doubt these sets would be based on the show, but rather a comic based wave, maybe with a tint of MCU to please some fans, with hopefully at least Scale Cap